The Education Forum

Did Ruby Know Oswald?

Tim Gratz

What name would Morales use if he were running around with Oswald?

McKeown says a Latino (that he thinks was maybe Hernandez or maybe not) accompanied LHO to his house a couple of weeks before the assassination.

Well dressed in a suit. Bigger than LHO. Mustache.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 10/1/2016 at 7:13 PM, Chris Newton said:

McKeown says a Latino (that he thinks was maybe Hernandez or maybe not) accompanied LHO to his house a couple of weeks before the assassination.

Chris,

I was thinking about that but decided not to say anything.

In this photo taken several years after the assassination, we see that Morales was capable of growing a mustache. Please also note the thin leather camera strap around his neck. I spotted the same thin, shiny strap barely visible above "Neck Scratcher's" suit collar in teenager Jim Doyle's film, in which "NS" appears to be monitoring Oswald on 8/09/63 in New Orleans. Someone (Jim Doyle?) told Garrison (or his investigator, Billings) that the "Spanish Shepard" monitoring Oswald during that leafleting incident was taking photographs with an expensive-looking camera. That's why I decided to look closely at "Neck Scratcher" to see if I could any indications of a camera in his possession, and ;lo-and-behold, I was.

Please also note Morales' roundish head, and the fact that he liked to wear his hair kinda long.

-- Tommy :sun

Edited by Thomas Graves

Sandy - 'the person' is followed by the word 'believed' on each occasion, so possibly it should read 'the person believed to be Oswald'. It's the only thing that makes sense.

Brilliant! I'm sure you're right. The typist makes the mistake several times.

As for the guy being Morales... how many guys do you know with a scar over their left eyebrow? That fit the description given?

It's Morales.

But is the person believed to be Oswald really Oswald? Maybe so.... Wade seems to have had a photographic memory.

On 10/1/2016 at 10:52 PM, Sandy Larsen said:
On 9/30/2016 at 8:30 AM, Paul Brancato said:

Sandy - 'the person' is followed by the word 'believed' on each occasion, so possibly it should read 'the person believed to be Oswald'. It's the only thing that makes sense.

Brilliant! I'm sure you're right. The typist makes the mistake several times.

As for the guy being Morales... how many guys do you know with a scar over their left eyebrow? That fit the description given?

It's Morales.

But is the person believed to be Oswald really Oswald? Maybe so.... Wade seems to have had a photographic memory.

Sandy,

I agree.

Regarding Wade's "incredible" memory, fwiw he was a building inspector, i.e., someone who makes a living "noticing things." "Oswald" and his companions most likely came to Wade's discerning attention because of the ruckus about the photo that was taken of them, and the fact that "Oswald" volunteered to be hypnotized on stage.

Factoid: Morales' scar was not only above his left eyebrow, it was "on" his left eyebrow, as Wade stated about the person under discussion.

Edited by Thomas Graves

Chris,

In this photo taken several years after the assassination, we see that Morales was capable of growing a mustache. Please also note the thin leather camera strap around his neck. I spotted the same thin, shiny strap barely visible above "Neck Scratcher's" suit collar in teenager Jim Doyle's film, in which "NS" appears to be monitoring Oswald on 8/09/63 in New Orleans. Someone (Jim Doyle?) told Garrison (or his investigator, Billings) that the "Spanish Shepard" monitoring Oswald during that leafleting incident was taking photographs with an expensive-looking camera. That's why I decided to look closely at "Neck Scratcher" to see if I could any indications of a camera in his possession, and I was able to detect that shiny, thin, dark-colored strap resting right above his suit collar (in the Jim Doyle film of 8/09/63.)

JFKmoralesD1.jpg

Please also note Morales' roundish head, and the fact that he liked to wear his hair kinda long.

The strap seems to appear and disappear in the video. Here it is, go to 3:50 and see the neck scratcher at 3:55.

If you're right, Tommy, I have to wonder if Morales always carried that camera with him.

Edited by Sandy Larsen

On 10/1/2016 at 11:22 PM, Sandy Larsen said:
On 10/1/2016 at 8:57 PM, Thomas Graves said:

Chris,

In this photo taken several years after the assassination, we see that Morales was capable of growing a mustache. Please also note the thin leather camera strap around his neck. I spotted the same thin, shiny strap barely visible above "Neck Scratcher's" suit collar in teenager Jim Doyle's film, in which "NS" appears to be monitoring Oswald on 8/09/63 in New Orleans. Someone (Jim Doyle?) told Garrison (or his investigator, Billings) that the "Spanish Shepard" monitoring Oswald during that leafleting incident was taking photographs with an expensive-looking camera. That's why I decided to look closely at "Neck Scratcher" to see if I could any indications of a camera in his possession, and I was able to detect that shiny, thin, dark-colored strap resting right above his suit collar (in the Jim Doyle film of 8/09/63.)

JFKmoralesD1.jpg

The strap seems to appear and disappear in the video. Here it is, go to 3:50 and see the neck scratcher at 3:55.

If you're right, Tommy, I have to wonder if Morales always carried that camera with him.

Sandy,

Although the camera strap is quite narrow, it no longer (?) "appears and disappears" for me in the video.

(Who posted the appears and disappears bit, anyway? You just now, or me a long time ago? I'm too lazy to look up my original post with the video in it.)

The strap is noticeably darker than "Neck Scratcher's" dark grey suit, and is "riding" the very top of his suit's collar. It also displays some spectral highlights, indicting that it's made of polished leather, like the strap of a good quality camera (e.g.,Leica) would be, I suppose.

Once again, go to 3:55 in the video. IMHO, the camera strap is particularly visible at 3:56 - 3:57, where you can see that it begins to cross over the right side of Neck Scratcher's lapel / suit collar and "bunch up" the back of it . Ya gotta "freeze-frame" it a few times to see what I'm talkin' about.

Edited by Thomas Graves

Chris,

JFKmoralesD1.jpg

Sandy,

Although the camera strap is quite narrow, it no longer (?) "appears and disappears" for me in the video.

(Who posted the appears and disappears bit, anyway? You just now, or me a long time ago? I'm too lazy to look up my original post with the video in it.)

The strap is noticeably darker than "Neck Scratcher's" dark grey suit, and is "riding" the very top of his suit's collar. It also displays some spectral highlights, indicting that it's made of polished leather, like the strap of a good quality camera (e.g.,Leica) would be, I suppose.

Once again, go to 3:50 in the video. IMHO, the camera strap is particularly visible at 3:56 - 3:57, where you can see that it begins to cross over the right side of Neck Scratcher's lapel / suit collar and bunch up the back of it . Ya gotta "freeframe" it a few times to see what I'm talkin' about.

I think you very well may be right Tommy. There does appear to be a strap.

I am the one who said it appears and disappears. On a couple frames it can't be seen. In at least one frame the whole thing is visible. (I mean the part around the back of the neck.) It's possible that it fades in and out due to the video compression algorithm.

On 10/2/2016 at 4:13 AM, Sandy Larsen said:
On 10/1/2016 at 11:35 PM, Thomas Graves said:
On 10/1/2016 at 11:22 PM, Sandy Larsen said:
On 10/1/2016 at 8:57 PM, Thomas Graves said:

Chris,

JFKmoralesD1.jpg

Sandy,

Once again, go to 3:50 in the video. IMHO, the camera strap is particularly visible at 3:56 - 3:57, where you can see that it begins to cross over the right side of Neck Scratcher's lapel / suit collar and bunch up the back of it . Ya gotta "freeframe" it a few times to see what I'm talkin' about.

I think you very well may be right Tommy. There does appear to be a strap.

I am the one who said it appears and disappears. On a couple frames it can't be seen. In at least one frame the whole thing is visible. (I mean the part around the back of the neck.) It's possible that it fades in and out due to the video compression algorithm.

Sandy,

That's great.

By the way, did you try freeze-framing it (click-click, click-click, click-click, ....really fast) between 3:56 - 3:57 so you could see where the strap starts going over the far right edge of his lapel / suit collar? And the bulge or crease where his suit joins his lapel / collar as a result of that?

If the strap "disappears" at times, I think it's due to it's being only about 1/4" wide and riding on top of his suit and the camera angle involved and his walking and moving his arm.

Do you see the spectral highlights I mentioned?

Do you agree that that narrow strip (the strap) is darker that his suit?

Thanks for the feedback, btw.

Edited by Thomas Graves

Chris - Mckeown strikes me as an unreliable witness. I read many pages of questioning which you posted a link to, and he is very evasive usually. But his recollection of Lee Oswald is clear enough, though he doesn't remember clearly the name of the Latino with him. My guess is that Mckeown was playing a part in the post assassination conviction of Oswald, similar to the Walker shooting, showing Oswald's gun loving violent tendencies.

Tommy - Fabian Escalante said that the Latino with Oswald in NO was probably a man named Isidro Borja. I can't find photos of that man, or any info for that matter. I'm not trying to cast doubt on your excellent work, just providing the name in case someone here has anything to add.

Chris - Mckeown strikes me as an unreliable witness. I read many pages of questioning which you posted a link to, and he is very evasive usually. But his recollection of Lee Oswald is clear enough, though he doesn't remember clearly the name of the Latino with him. My guess is that Mckeown was playing a part in the post assassination conviction of Oswald, similar to the Walker shooting, showing Oswald's gun loving violent tendencies.

Going from memory here, but I think Mckeown said he recognized the guy from Cuba, but didn't think the guy knew or recognized him.