The Education Forum

Dorothy Kilgallen Could Get Murdered, But Not Florence Smith Or Karyn Kupcinet

David Yarnell

:rolleyes:

Dorothy Kilgallen might have been murdered, but Florence Pritchett Smith wasn't and Karyn Kupcinet wasn't.

Kilgallen's surviving father Jimmy and son Kerry both came forward to talk about her after her death, but neither would comment on the theory that she was murdered.

Smith's son did comment on her murder theory, saying it was absurd. "My poor mother died of cancer," he said.

Kupcinet's father and son have said she was not murdered. Read her Wikipedia article that somebody updated very recently.

Did anyone read the 1965 newspaper column item about Smith that I put in another post to this forum ? Columnist Jack O'Brian said the woman had been so sick she had planned her own funeral, even choosing the pallbearers.

Okay, so I screwed up "Kupcinet." It was Karyn's father Irv and brother Jerry who negated her murder theory after she died. I implied Jerry was her son. Karyn was not murdered, and neither was Florence Pritchett Smith. Kilgallen could have been. I went to a lot of trouble to dig up the 1965 microfilmed newspaper saying Smith was so sick she planned her own funeral and chose pallbearers. Did anyone read where I quoted it in two very recent posts ?

Okay, so I screwed up "Kupcinet." It was Karyn's father Irv and brother Jerry who negated her murder theory after she died. I implied Jerry was her son. Karyn was not murdered, and neither was Florence Pritchett Smith. Kilgallen could have been. I went to a lot of trouble to dig up the 1965 microfilmed newspaper saying Smith was so sick she planned her own funeral and chose pallbearers. Did anyone read where I quoted it in two very recent posts ?

I am sorry I was unable to reply to this posting yesterday as I was working to tight deadlines. I have done so now and have replied to the original question here:

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=2358

B)

My blood is boiling. The Kupcinets have always said she was murdered. How can anyone in his/her right mind think Karyn wasn't murdered? You must have been reading James Ellroy, a dark character, a religious fanatic and an admitted pervert. No empty pill bottles were around in the living room. But they were in the bathroom cabinet. She did not hurt herself on a piece of furniture. The interior wounds were too extensive on the left side of her throat. She was murdered via the "sleeper method," in my opinion, which is supposed to be very quick. A man grabs you from behind, gets you into some kind of headlock which closes one or both carotid arteries to the brain and the victim dies. This is entirely consistent with her autopsy results. Irv Kupcinet was quick to anger if anyone suggested his daughter killed herself. As depressed as she was, Karyn didn't do it. Her red bathrobe was lying on a chair in the living room. Obviously, she didn't put it there. Someone turned the TV on for light. She heard noise in the living room and went to check it out. It's possible she never saw the face of her killer. Also, I think there was sexual contact. The killer stripped off her robe. Why would someone go to her door to let someone in and take off her bathrobe?

Whether it was connected to the Assassination or not, it was a definite murder. I did not know there was a Wikipedia entry on Karyn. I will look it up, but I did not write it. I've spent years trying to get her noticed by people on the Internet, and even before that. It's possible the killer is dead. There are so many possibilities. But she was murdered. Irv Kupcinet and Essee always considered it a murder. And Kup would be very mad hearing someone repeat that she killed herself.

Murder

Kathy Collins

:secret

My blood is boiling. The Kupcinets have always said she was murdered. How can anyone in his/her right mind think Karyn wasn't murdered? You must have been reading James Ellroy, a dark character, a religious fanatic and an admitted pervert. No empty pill bottles were around in the living room. But they were in the bathroom cabinet. She did not hurt herself on a piece of furniture. The interior wounds were too extensive on the left side of her throat. She was murdered via the "sleeper method," in my opinion, which is supposed to be very quick. A man grabs you from behind, gets you into some kind of headlock which closes one or both carotid arteries to the brain and the victim dies. This is entirely consistent with her autopsy results. Irv Kupcinet was quick to anger if anyone suggested his daughter killed herself. As depressed as she was, Karyn didn't do it. Her red bathrobe was lying on a chair in the living room. Obviously, she didn't put it there. Someone turned the TV on for light. She heard noise in the living room and went to check it out. It's possible she never saw the face of her killer. Also, I think there was sexual contact. The killer stripped off her robe. Why would someone go to her door to let someone in and take off her bathrobe?

Whether it was connected to the Assassination or not, it was a definite murder. I did not know there was a Wikipedia entry on Karyn. I will look it up, but I did not write it. I've spent years trying to get her noticed by people on the Internet, and even before that. It's possible the killer is dead. There are so many possibilities. But she was murdered. Irv Kupcinet and Essee always considered it a murder. And Kup would be very mad hearing someone repeat that she killed herself.

Murder

Kathy Collins

I learned last night that Karyn went to Palm Springs with Andrew Prine and friends the Assassination weekend. Irv Kupcinet, her father and Chicago columnist, called Paul Dorfman when Ruby shot Oswald. Dorfman was a slight man with a benign demeanor, as Bobby Kennedy described him in The Enemy Within. He was also Hoffa's Chicago ally.

Irv tracked down Dorfman in Palm Springs that weekend. Could Dorfman and Karyn Kupcinet have met, interacted? Could Dorfman, a man with powerful connections, have decided to stop Irv's investigation into the Chicago angle of the Kennedy Assassination? Karyn was dead 4 days later.

Kathy

Murder

Kathy Collins

I learned last night that Karyn went to Palm Springs with Andrew Prine and friends the Assassination weekend. Irv Kupcinet, her father and Chicago columnist, called Paul Dorfman when Ruby shot Oswald. Dorfman was a slight man with a benign demeanor, as Bobby Kennedy described him in The Enemy Within. He was also Hoffa's Chicago ally.

Irv tracked down Dorfman in Palm Springs that weekend. Could Dorfman and Karyn Kupcinet have met, interacted? Could Dorfman, a man with powerful connections, have decided to stop Irv's investigation into the Chicago angle of the Kennedy Assassination? Karyn was dead 4 days later.

Kathy

I am going to look into Paul Dorfman. I understand he's dead. Here's a scenario: Say he's outside a hotel on a chaise lounge. Someone comes out with a phone and tells him he has a call. It turns out to be Irv Kupcinet. He is asking about Ruby. Dorfman knows Ruby is going to kill Oswald. Now he has a very excited Irv Kupcinet on the phone asking about Ruby. "Sparky wouldn't do that," Dorfman feigns, thinking this is all we need. When he gets off the phone with Kupcinet, he sees Karyn Kupcinet. He's seen numerous photos of her in the Chicago Sun-Times. Somehow, her being where he is and where he has just spoken to her father unsettles him. He picks up the phone and calls a thug and says, "I want you to kill Irv Kupcinet's daughter....." Of course, this is overkill. Another mobster might have acted differently.

Kathy

Kathy

I am going to look into Paul Dorfman. I understand he's dead. Here's a scenario: Say he's outside a hotel on a chaise lounge. Someone comes out with a phone and tells him he has a call. It turns out to be Irv Kupcinet. He is asking about Ruby. Dorfman knows Ruby is going to kill Oswald. Now he has a very excited Irv Kupcinet on the phone asking about Ruby. "Sparky wouldn't do that," Dorfman feigns, thinking this is all we need. When he gets off the phone with Kupcinet, he sees Karyn Kupcinet. He's seen numerous photos of her in the Chicago Sun-Times. Somehow, her being where he is and where he has just spoken to her father unsettles him. He picks up the phone and calls a thug and says, "I want you to kill Irv Kupcinet's daughter....." Of course, this is overkill. Another mobster might have acted differently.

Kathy

http://www.metnews.com/articles/perspectives080902.htm

"Although he attested in his letter to Dorfman’s good character, Covelli admitted to the Daily News that he had only met the defendant two or three times. He noted, however, that he had known Dorfman’s late father (actually step-father), Paul Dorfman, for 50 years.

That was a damning admission by the judge. Paul Dorfman was a known mobster. The San Francisco Chronicle, in an article on Nov. 18, 1996, described him as “a leading figure in the Chicago mob” who “ran the Waste Handlers Union in Chicago in 1939 with Jack Ruby, Lee Harvey Oswald’s future killer.”

So Dorfman wasn't a guy you'd fool around with -- he was major Mob. Killing Irv Kupcinet would cause more scrutiny by the law, especially after the Assassination. But he could have ordered someone to kill Irv's daughter. I think she was being stalked the last 3 days of her life.

Kathy

• 6 months later...
Hillary and Kupcinet connected?...too early to tell, but read this...

http://www.cannonfire.blogspot.com/2008/04...assination.html

What a fascinating story. I had no idea that Hillary Clinton was a Goldwater supporter when she was young. Tony Blair was a Conservative until he met his wife at university. He then joined the Labour Party, CND, etc. However, once he gained power he emerged once again as a Conservative. According to one MI5 agent, Blair had been recruited to infiltrate the Labour movement. His relationship with his so-called left-wing wife was his "legend". Could the same thing be true of Hillary Clinton?

By the way, you can read the original story here:

http://www.freewebs.com/leobharley/