The Education Forum

Biography: Courtney Redd

Courtney Redd

My name's Courtney Redd and I'm 30 years old. I live in the midwestern U.S. and have been studying the assassination since 1992, when I first saw the movie 'JFK.' At the age of fourteen (almost fifteen), I became obsessed--and have been, ever since.

I've a Bachelor's degree in History and am planning on getting my Master's in History in the near future. It's my dream to be a teacher someday. Right now I work in a public library and enjoy my work there very much, as I love books. But teaching is my calling, I believe, and that's another reason I'd like to join the forum. You've amassed a treasure trove of information, and I look forward to my daily visits.

• 2 weeks later...
My name's Courtney Redd and I'm 30 years old. I live in the midwestern U.S. and have been studying the assassination since 1992, when I first saw the movie 'JFK.' At the age of fourteen (almost fifteen), I became obsessed--and have been, ever since.

I've a Bachelor's degree in History and am planning on getting my Master's in History in the near future. It's my dream to be a teacher someday. Right now I work in a public library and enjoy my work there very much, as I love books. But teaching is my calling, I believe, and that's another reason I'd like to join the forum. You've amassed a treasure trove of information, and I look forward to my daily visits.

Welcome Courtney. It is always great to see the younger generation become interested in this case.

That is one of the many great accomplishments of Oliver Stone. JFK is my all time favorite film.

I once wanted to teach too (but became a lawyer insetad) and I wanted to teach history with a focus on this case.

Will this be your focus?

Dawn

Hi, Dawn! Thanks for the warm welcome.

Yes, I imagine once I get teaching, the assassination will be my main focus. I'm going to start with teaching high school, so I won't get to spend as much time on the assassination as I'd like, but eventually I want to teach at the university level. There I should be able to devote more time to the topic--I'd love to teach a class on it! Or even a class on the 1960s.

Thanks again for the message. :ph34r: