The Education Forum

CIA agents at RFK assassination

Erick A. Bovik

That's a good one Erick,

It seems that SOS has a stronger case than DT and CM have let on.

I hope we hear from all three of those guys soon.

There you have two, very credible witnesses who ID Morales in the Ambassador films - BEA and Wayne Smith, and BEA saying the other guy is the Gordon Campbell he knew at JMWAVE.

Ayers and Smith may be convinced, but I'm not.

There's got to be something more positive, especially if it is them.

And Erick, a legal opinion - is such photo identification admissible in court?

BK

That's a good one Erick,

It seems that SOS has a stronger case than DT and CM have let on.

I hope we hear from all three of those guys soon.

There you have two, very credible witnesses who ID Morales in the Ambassador films - BEA and Wayne Smith, and BEA saying the other guy is the Gordon Campbell he knew at JMWAVE.

Ayers and Smith may be convinced, but I'm not.

There's got to be something more positive, especially if it is them.

And Erick, a legal opinion - is such photo identification admissible in court?

BK

BK,

Photo identification is admissible in court. It's done frequently.

Erick

Great video, my love. Recall David Morales is alleged to have told Bob Waldon re JFK "Well we took care of that son of a bitch didn't we".

The Last Investigation

Gaeton Fonzi p390.

Dawn

psw Now Gratz what were you saying on some other thread about"proof the CIA was not involved"? Horsehockey!!

Great video, my love. Recall David Morales is alleged to have told Bob Waldon re JFK "Well we took care of that son of a bitch didn't we".

The Last Investigation

Gaeton Fonzi p390.

Dawn

psw Now Gratz what were you saying on some other thread about"proof the CIA was not involved"? Horsehockey!!

The following is a good article which appeared in the Guardian last year.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/usa/story/0,,1952393,00.html

To me, the people who were apparently in the ballroom are as important as the number of shots that were fired, the destruction of evidence by the LAPD (I know, I am shocked, too), the woman in the polka dot dress, the angle of the injuries, and the master spy (Khaiber Khan) who worked as a volunteer in the local RFK campaign office during June 1 - 4, 1968.

The following is another good site on this topic.

http://flag.blackened.net/daver/misc/rfk.html

Edited by Christopher Hall

Here is a BBC article on it. The video is no longer available on the BBC websites.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/newsnight/6169006.stm

CIA role claim in Kennedy killing

New video and photographic evidence that puts three senior CIA operatives at the scene of Robert Kennedy's assassination has been brought to light.

The evidence is a result of a three year investigation

The evidence was shown in a report by Shane O'Sullivan, broadcast on BBC Newsnight.

It reveals that the operatives and four unidentified associates were at the Ambassador Hotel, Los Angeles in the moments before and after the shooting on 5 June, 1968.

The CIA had no domestic jurisdiction and some of the officers were based in South-East Asia at the time, with no reason to be in Los Angeles.

'Decoy'

Kennedy had just won the California Democratic primary on an anti-War ticket and was set to challenge Nixon for the White House when he was shot in a kitchen pantry.

THE CIA CONNECTION

Are you convinced by the evidence in the report?

A 24-year-old Palestinian, Sirhan Sirhan, was arrested as the lone assassin and notebooks at his house seemed to incriminate him.

However, even under hypnosis, he has never been able to remember the shooting and defence psychiatrists concluded he was in a trance at the time.

Witnesses placed Sirhan's gun several feet in front of Kennedy but the autopsy showed the fatal shot came from one inch behind.

Dr Herbert Spiegel, a world authority on hypnosis at Columbia University, believes Sirhan may have been hypnotically programmed to act as a decoy for the real assassin.

Evidence

The report is the result of a three-year investigation by filmmaker Shane O'Sullivan. He reveals new video and photographs showing three senior CIA operatives at the hotel.

What were they doing there? It's our obligation as friends of Bob Kennedy to investigate this

Paul Schrade

Three of these men have been positively identified as senior officers who worked together in 1963 at JMWAVE, the CIA's Miami base for its Secret War on Castro.

David Morales was Chief of Operations and once told friends:

"I was in Dallas when we got the son of a bitch and I was in Los Angeles when we got the little bastard."

Gordon Campbell was Chief of Maritime Operations and George Joannides was Chief of Psychological Warfare Operations.

Joannides was called out of retirement in 1978 to act as the CIA liaison to the Congressional investigation into the JFK assassination. Now, we see him at the Ambassador Hotel the night a second Kennedy is assassinated.

Memory

There have been calls for a fresh investigation into the shooting

Monday, 20 November would have been Bobby Kennedy's 81st birthday. In Los Angeles, his son Max has just broken ground on a new high-school project in memory of his father on the old Ambassador Hotel site.

Paul Schrade, a key figure behind the school project, was walking behind Robert Kennedy that night and was shot in the head. He believes this new evidence merits fresh investigation:

"It seems very strange to me that these guys would be at a Kennedy celebration. What were they doing there? And why were they there? It's our obligation as friends of Bob Kennedy to investigate this."

Ed Lopez, a former Congressional investigator who worked with Joannides in 1978, says:

"I think the key people at the CIA need to go back to anybody who might have been around back then, bring them in and interview them, and ask - is this Gordon Campbell? Is this George Joannides?"

This report was shown on Newsnight on Monday, 20 November, 2006.

Erick

I found a vague description of Gordon Campbell.

From...Deadly Secrets (1992) Warren Hinkley and William Turner

Pg. 126

In Februuary 1962,Ted Shackley arrived at JM/WAVE. The deputy director was Gordon Campbell, A TALL MAN WITH CLOSE-CROPPED SILVERING HAIR and a military bearing. Campbell oversaw the maritime branch which was vital to operations against the Cuban Island. He lived appropriately enough on a yacht berthed at the Dinner Key Marina in South Miami.

Dixie

To these eyes, the receding hairline of the "Campbell" figure does not conform as much to common male pattern baldness as it does to theatrical/ritual head-shaving -- perhaps, in this case, for the purpose of disguise.

I immediately was put in mind of the classic samurai style.

Just a gut reaction, I guess. But it just doesn't look natural.

Charles

Edited by Charles Drago

I found a vague description of Gordon Campbell.

From...Deadly Secrets (1992) Warren Hinkley and William Turner

Pg. 126

In Februuary 1962,Ted Shackley arrived at JM/WAVE. The deputy director was Gordon Campbell, A TALL MAN WITH CLOSE-CROPPED SILVERING HAIR and a military bearing. Campbell oversaw the maritime branch which was vital to operations against the Cuban Island. He lived appropriately enough on a yacht berthed at the Dinner Key Marina in South Miami.

Dixie

Hi Dixie,

And this fits in very neatly with what Bradley Ayers says, once visiting Gordon Campell and his silver haired, martini mixing wife, on this yacht at Dinner Key Marina.

Although this is a large marina, and I believe owned by the municipality of Miami, boats, like cars and planes, leave paper trails. It would be nice to learn the name of Gordon Campbell's boat, and get some marina people who were there at the time to comment on him.

It would also be nice if a photo could be found of the Gordon Campbell USN who worked for the Wright Machine Company.

BK

Hi Bill

I don't know if this is of any benefit or not, but I found it in the Footnotes of Deadly Secrets (1992) Warren Hinkley & William Turner

Chapter 5 The Secrets of the Brothers Kennedy pg 430.... #2

"Campbell worked under the cover of Marine Engineering and Training Corporation of Homestead, Florida; the 1962 incorporation papers gave its business as "offshore surveys." In addition to being an operational cover, MET was used for recruitment and training of CIA seagoing comnmandos. Cuban frogmen used in CIA infiltrations were signed up by the company and sent north for advanced underwater demolition training at a secret base called Isolation Tropic, located at an old Navy seaplane port on the Pasquolank River near Elizabeth City, North Carolina.'

Dixie

Edited by Dixie Dea

Cuban frogmen used in CIA infiltrations were signed up by the company and sent north for advanced underwater demolition training at a secret base called Isolation Tropic, located at an old Navy deaplane port on the Pasquolank River near Elizabeth, North Carolina.'

Dixie,

the last sentence, I believe should say: "....located at an old Navy seaplane port on the Pasquotank River near Elizabeth City, North Carolina."

Thanks,

Antti

• 1 month later...

Hello all,

I have just launched the website for my completed feature-length documentary at http://www.rfkmustdie.com with links to the trailer, a Kennedy campaign ad and a new Facebook discussion group I have started on the case.

RFK Must Die: The Assassination of Bobby Kennedy is released on DVD in the US on Tuesday - Robert Kennedy's 82nd birthday, had he lived. It updates my investigation into the three CIA agents at the Ambassador while revealing who "Gordon Campbell" actually was and containing extended interviews with Wayne Smith, Ruben Carbajal and Robert Walton on David Morales; Bradley Ayers and David Rabern on Morales and Campbell; and Ed Lopez on George Joannides.

The heart of the film is a thorough re-examination of the other controversies in the case. Sandra Serrano is interviewed for the first time since the night of the shooting about the girl in the polka dot dress. We also hear from Vincent Di Pierro, who saw a polka-dot dress girl standing next to Sirhan in the kitchen; eyewitnesses Frank Burns, Paul Schrade and Evan Freed; defense investigators Robert Blair Kaiser and Michael McCowan; Sirhan's brother Munir and late attorney Larry Teeter; Bay of Pigs historian Haynes Johnson; and Dr. Herbert Spiegel of Columbia University, a world authority on hypnosis, who believes Sirhan was hypnotically programmed.

There's rare archive footage from the hotel that night, with more clips of "Morales" and "Campbell" and security guard Thane Eugene Cesar. There's also previously unseen footage of Robert Kennedy and Richard Helms; and film and audio interviews with Sirhan, including the hypnotic sessions in which defense psychiatrist Dr. Diamond tried to re-enact the shooting.

It's been a really fascinating investigation and, with the fortieth anniversary next June and William Pepper on board to represent Sirhan, I hope next year will see major progress in the case. I am now completing a book on the case to be published by Union Square Press next May, which will hopefully help this process.

Thanks to John for such a fantastic resource in developing this research and also to James for photos, Bill for support and Peter Fokes who first pointed out the "Richard Helms lookalike" in the footage.

All the best,

Shane