The Education Forum

Update On My Novel

Don Jeffries

Hope this doesn't sound like another sales pitch and I apologize if it's an intrusion. I just wanted to let those of you who might be interested in purchasing my novel "The Unreals" know that my publisher is now giving a portion of the profits to a worthy cause.

Starting this September 1st, my publisher, StoneGarden.net Publishing, will donate $1 to inner city baseball leagues in the Oakland, CA community for every book sold. This is an indefinite program, running as long as there are inner city baseball leagues in the area.

Specifically, StoneGarden.net Publishing will be working with MLB's RBI (Return Baseball to the Inner cities) program. Listed is the contact they'll be using.

OAKLAND, CALIFORNIA

Mr. Norman Knowles

Boys & Girls Clubs of Oakland

P.O. Box 23203kn

Oakland, CA 94623-0203

510-654-0307 FAX: 510-839-2078

MLB RBI

Here is the link to my book's Amazon page: Amazon- "The Unreals"

Here is the Barnes and Noble page:

Barnes And Noble- "The Unreals"

Help give city kids something FABULOUS to do so they might choose NOT to join a gang !!!!

Kathy,

It's a deal! Just let me know when it's published.

Hope this doesn't sound like another sales pitch and I apologize if it's an intrusion. I just wanted to let those of you who might be interested in purchasing my novel "The Unreals" know that my publisher is now giving a portion of the profits to a worthy cause.

Starting this September 1st, my publisher, StoneGarden.net Publishing, will donate $1 to inner city baseball leagues in the Oakland, CA community for every book sold. This is an indefinite program, running as long as there are inner city baseball leagues in the area.

Specifically, StoneGarden.net Publishing will be working with MLB's RBI (Return Baseball to the Inner cities) program. Listed is the contact they'll be using.

OAKLAND, CALIFORNIA

Mr. Norman Knowles

P.O. Box 23203kn

Oakland, CA 94623-0203

MLB RBI

Help give city kids something FABULOUS to do so they might choose NOT to join a gang !!!!

Don, I wish you the best of luck on your new book, and want to commend both you and StoneGarden.net publishing for making such a generous and noble gesture on your part. Way to go!

With love,

Ter

OAKLAND, CALIFORNIA

Mr. Norman Knowles

P.O. Box 23203kn

Oakland, CA 94623-0203

MLB RBI

Don, I wish you the best of luck on your new book, and want to commend both you and StoneGarden.net publishing for making such a generous and noble gesture on your part. Way to go!

With love,

Ter

I'd like to join Terry in wishing Don luck on his new book and commending him and the publisher for their efforts.

Hall of fame member Dave Winfield recently authored a very important book entitled: Dropping the Ball: Baseball's Troubles and How We Can and Must Solve Them. More than just a book on Little League baseball, it is social commentary on our inner cities and the problems they face.

http://books.google.com/books?id=eBzNZ-XHf...r_Og7cz74En7SSU

Again, thanks to Don and his publisher for recognizing the problems faced.

Evan,

You can buy it anywhere (Amazon, B & N or Borders all cost the same, I think, and there is no difference to me in terms of royalties). You can probably get the best deal directly through the publisher, Stonegarden.net. I think they are still offering a $5 coupon off your first purchase, but not completely certain. At any rate, I do get a higher personal royalty rate on books sold directly by Stonegarden.

Evan, Michael, Terry and Kathleen,

Thanks to all of you for your kind words and support!