The Education Forum

You want Disinformation? Well, here it is!

Tim Gratz

From the script of "JFK":

JIM Garrison in voice over:

. . . but what the Warren Report would have us believe is that after firing 3 bolt action shots in 5.6 seconds [sic], Oswald then leaves three cartridges neatly side by side in the firing nest, wipes the rifle clear of fingerprints, stashes the rifle on the other side of the loft, sprints down five flights of stairs, past witnesses Victoria Adams and Sandra Styles, who never see him, and then shows up cool and calm on the second floor in front of Patrolman Baker -- all this within a maximum 90 seconds of the shooting. Is he out of breath? According to Baker, absolutely not.

Let's see. The shooting was on the SIXTH FLOOR (per the WC) if my memory serves me.

And the Baker encounter was (per the WC) on the SECOND FLOOR wasn't it?

You need only cover four floors to get down from sixth floor to second floor if I remember my math correctly (6-2 is 4, not 5). So why does Stone have Garrison claim Oswald had to get down FIVE FLOORS? I thought Stone was a stickler for details!

Edited by John Simkin

Perhaps he meant to say that Lee went down to the 1st floor, from the 6th (5 floors) to buy the drink, then went back up to the 2nd floor lunch room to enjoy it, but was stopped by Baker and Truly once he was on the 2nd floor.... all this within 90 seconds.

He was fast and in shape :flame .

The script says he went down five flights of stairs instead of four because in any movie you can expect at least one flight of fantasy.

Guest David Guyatt

Damn it Tim, everyone knows that 6 minus 2 is five in Hollywood. The same way that 2 plus 6 is ten.

It's known as mafia numerology.

Didn't you do maths at shcool?

Heck, I did, and I'm dyslexict...

David

Great responses, all. Loved Ron's "a flight oif fantasy".

Now on the flip side, in "JFK Myths" LN advocate Sturdivan says LHO encountered Baker TWO MINUTES after the shhoting stopped.

As far as I know, there is no dispute that LHO encountered Baker at 90 seconds and Mrs Reid at two minutes.

Surely Sturdivan knew that when he gave LHO another thirty seconds to make it!

From the script of "JFK":

JIM Garrison in voice over:

. . . but what the Warren Report would have us believe is that after firing 3 bolt action shots in 5.6 seconds [sic], Oswald then leaves three cartridges neatly side by side in the firing nest, wipes the rifle clear of fingerprints, stashes the rifle on the other side of the loft, sprints down five flights of stairs, past witnesses Victoria Adams and Sandra Styles, who never see him, and then shows up cool and calm on the second floor in front of Patrolman Baker -- all this within a maximum 90 seconds of the shooting. Is he out of breath? According to Baker, absolutely not.

Let's see. The shooting was on the SIXTH FLOOR (per the WC) if my memory serves me.

And the Baker encounter was (per the WC) on the SECOND FLOOR wasn't it?

You need only cover four floors to get down from sixth floor to second floor if I remember my math correctly (6-2 is 4, not 5). So why does Stone have Garrison claim Oswald had to get down FIVE FLOORS? I thought Stone was a stickler for details!

TIM, THAT ISN'T DISINFORMATION. THAT'S A MISTAKE IN MATH.

Disinformation is deliberately misleading information announced publicly or leaked by a government, intelligence agency, corporation or other entity for the purpose of influencing opinions or perceptions.

Unlike misinformation, which is also a form of wrong information, disinformation is produced by people who intend to deceive their audience.

NOW DON'T BE MISINFORMING PEOPLE.

BK

So I take it that it is your position that Jim Marrs can't count.

Well if I can't trust him to perform simple math how can I trust ANY of his conclusions?

And as I said, I found an error about the "Oswald alibi" going in the opposite direction in Sturdivan's book.

I thought you did not believe in coincidences.

Is it your position that in each case (Marrs and Sturdivan) the error just coincidentally happens to support their theory of the assassination?

Edited by Tim Gratz

I'm not someone who follows the JFK claims, but with something like that you can understand the "confusion":

Q: "How many gunshots did you hear?"

A (first witness): "Six"

A (second witness): "Two"

A (third witness): "Three"

A (fourth witness): "There were gunshots?"

Evan, perhaps the most stimulating example of that is during the testimony of a witness to the

shooting...the WC staff have made it clear to him that there were three shots and then they

ask him how many shots he heard.

His reply says it all:

"Well I guess I heard one more than there was."

-- Larry