The Education Forum

Oswald in Mexico City

I am aware that this subject has been discussed on several threads. My research into John Moss Whitten has convinced me that this subject is of great importance.

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=7940

First, here are two photographs of the man who was photographed by the CIA in Mexico City in early October 1959.

A man named Gene Norblitt recogized "Saul" as Ralph Geb, best friend of Malcolm "Mac" Wallace".

(From The Men On the Sixth Floor" Glenn sample and Mark Collom)

Dawn

ps Larry have you ever looked into this id further? (Thanks)

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dawn,

A man named Gene Norblitt recogized "Saul" as Ralph Geb, best friend of Malcolm "Mac" Wallace".

Dawn

There is a girl who calls herself "Witness" who has been posting about Karyn Kupcinet, Donald Norton, and Ralph Geb since 2005 here:

http://thecloakofdarkness.blogspot.com/200...01_archive.html

Steve Thomas

Dawn,

Dawn

There is a girl who calls herself "Witness" who has been posting about Karyn Kupcinet, Donald Norton, and Ralph Geb since 2005 here:

http://thecloakofdarkness.blogspot.com/200...01_archive.html

Steve Thomas

Thanks Steve. I looked at the link but she just goes on for years. There is someone here, Kathleen Collins I believe is her name, who also has posted about Donald Norton and Karyn Kupcinet. Wonder if there's a connection.

Does "witness" say Geb is the fake LHO in Mexico?

Dawn

So does anyone know who Gene Norblitt is?.

Does anyone know who Ralph Geb is (besides being, allegedly, a friend of Malcom Wallace)?

Does anyone have a photograph of Geb?

Shouldn't this discussion be held in the current thread re the Mexico City Mystery Man?

Does anyone know who Ralph Geb is (besides being, allegedly, a friend of Malcom Wallace)?

Shouldn't this discussion be held in the current thread re the Mexico City Mystery Man?

Nope. Geb/Norton should have his own thread IMHO.

I think James has conclusively answered the question.

But it raises a necessary comment.

I believe there is in fact absolute disinformation being spread in this case (by both LN and CT advocates). People have accused me (falsely) of being a "disinformation agent." IMO, a "disinformation agent" spreads factual information he KNOWS to be false. If I put together facts and draw inferences from those facts with which people disagree, that would not be disinformation. Now, if I said someone had testified to the WC thus and so, and they had not, that then would be disinformation because I had posted false factual information (unless I did so innocently).

In any event, based on James' photograph it is clear Geb was not the MC MM.

Yet this Gene Norblitt fellow, who presumably knew what Geb looked like, and who must have seen the Mexico City photographs, claimed he was. THAT IS CLEARLY DISINFORMATION.

So does anyone know who this Norblitt is who spread the false story re Geb?

Yup, I think that the Mexico City "mystery man," shown in the two photos in post #11 this thread and some other places as well (go to Google Images and type in "mexico city mystery man") could very well be the same person as the LHO Marine Corp buddy to whom James Richards is referring in post #8 this thread. In the photo which James is talking about the guy is in the Marines and he's in the very near foreground and he seems to be the subject of the photo (which was taken by Oswald?) and he's wearing a white T-shirt and a fatigue cap and he's looking at the camera and pointing at himself, and guess who's standing behind him (smiling) but Roscoe White and everyone's wearing white T-shirts I think and you know the one I mean, right....? (Does anyone know what this guy's name is/was according to the pertinent Marine Corp records? Was it "Saul" by any chance?)

--Thomas

I think this is the photo people have been referring to:

post-669-1191595683_thumb.jpg

Steve Thomas

• 2 months later...

If the Mystery Man in Mexico City is the guy in the USMC photo then his name is on a short list of those who were posted to the same unit with LHO and/or Roscoe White, on that particular maneuver. That list shouldn't be too difficult to get.

BK

Yup, I think that the Mexico City "mystery man," shown in the two photos in post #11 this thread and some other places as well (go to Google Images and type in "mexico city mystery man") could very well be the same person as the LHO Marine Corp buddy to whom James Richards is referring in post #8 this thread. In the photo which James is talking about the guy is in the Marines and he's in the very near foreground and he seems to be the subject of the photo (which was taken by Oswald?) and he's wearing a white T-shirt and a fatigue cap and he's looking at the camera and pointing at himself, and guess who's standing behind him (smiling) but Roscoe White and everyone's wearing white T-shirts I think and you know the one I mean, right....? (Does anyone know what this guy's name is/was according to the pertinent Marine Corp records? Was it "Saul" by any chance?)

--Thomas

Steve Thomas

• 1 year later...

If the Mystery Man in Mexico City is the guy in the USMC photo then his name is on a short list of those who were posted to the same unit with LHO and/or Roscoe White, on that particular maneuver. That list shouldn't be too difficult to get.

BK

--Thomas

Steve Thomas

Even though this thread hasn't been updated in a while I decided to post on it because the title of the thread is the most logical thread to.....post about "Oswald" in Mexico City.

Reading the Lopez Report is an essential facet of JFK research just to be grounded on what the HSCA and the CIA alleged regarding Oswald's ostensible presence there......

But the main reason I decided to update this thread concerns how difficult it is to take the Report seriously, when it comes to critical matters, and this is not a criticism of Eddie Lopez, but rather a criticism of G. Robert Blakey and what I would refer to as the inner core of the "Cold-Warrior's" at the Western Hemisphere station, Elsie Scaletti and Anne Goodpasture aka "I am signing off on something I know isn't true."

One portion of the Lopez Report states

"Because the CIA has not provided the photographic production and coverage logs from the LILYRIC coverage, no precise determination detailing the effectiveness of the coverage of the Soviet compound can be made."

This statement alone is a clue that the rest of the Report is going to leave unresolved areas of investigation, why was that allowed as "acceptable" in the first place?

I decided to include a portion of the Lopez Report written below, in order to show how ludicrous the Wilifried Huisman documentary really is, as I understand it one of Huisman's facts is that that "G2 recruited Oswald to kill JFK and that Escalante met him in Mexico City."

My rebuttal would be as follows.

Information about Lee Harvey Oswald’s Stay in Mexico City that was Known by the CIA Mexico City Station Prior to the Assassination of President Kennedy

In this section, the Lopez Report reads....

"Silvia [Duran] said that the Cuban government could not give the American a visa because he had neither friends in Cuba nor authorization for a visa from the USSR. The Soviet official added that the Soviets could not give the American a letter of recommendation because they did not know him. This conversation was also in the Spanish transcript."

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/...mp;relPageId=85

In reality, the Lopez Report reveals what could be interpreted as "fence straddling" not by Lopez, of course but by the hierarchy of the HSCA....

Consider the following gem as a case in point...

In a early section of the Report we read "page 127....”Ms. Scaletti’s strange lapse of memory regarding the events of 11/22/63, and Mr. Scott’s manuscript; these things in the Committee’s view would tend to indicate that a photo of Oswald was obtained.” This Committee believes that a photograph of Lee Harvey Oswald was probably obtained by CIA photosurveillance in Mexico.”On the other hand, the consistent testimony that a photo was not obtained, in Mexico, the absence of any record of transmittal of the photo to Headquarters the weight of this consideration is mitigated by the fact that there were methods of communication available that were not incorporated into the CIA’s record keeping system.”

Or how about this piece of obfuscation......

page 184 When asked why the memo said there was no clarifying information on Oswald’s “request” when it was known by this time that he was seeking a visa. [CIA/C2] said that “They had no need to know all those other details.”

Moving on to another document we find this document lists a series of photographs of the Mexico City Mystery man, one of the photos, to the best of my knowledge, has never been seen by many researchers. Two of these photographs are of an individual, who does not appear to be identical to the other photos, which are in the same document, the other photos have been seen by practically anyone who is familiar with the subject of the Oswald “impostor” seen outside of the embassy. In the two photos alluded to, he appears to be wearing headphones; the same type of which one might expect to see worn by someone listening to intercepted communications, which is consistent with the LILYRIC and LIMITED surveillance operations. The document dated November 23, 1963, is a letterhead memorandum to J Edgar Hoover from J Gordon Shanklin, with the heading Re: Telephonic Instructions of Mr. Jim Malley in which he states “transmitted herewith are two photographs each of eight separate poses of individual known as Lee Oswald as obtained from confidential source by Legal Attache Mexico City.”

See

AIRTEL:ASSASSINATION OF PRESIDENT JOHN F. KENNEDY/PHOTOCOPIES OF PHOTOS

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/...amp;relPageId=1

While, readers may agree or disagree as to the inference being made, the bottom line regarding the whole Oswald at the Embassy conundrum is that, it is a fact that there were members of the government who actually admitted knowing who the mystery man really was, but have chose not to tell for reasons known only to themselves, the HSCA could have put an end to these "mysteries" once and for all by using methods consistent with what any real investigation always uses.....

It is called a stick, as in a carrot and a stick. When an area of conflicting evidence or assertions between different individuals is encountered, it is protocol to use the power of persuasion to induce or resolve the conflict, if that does not achieve results, it is essential that ambiguities in testimony, especially when they appear intentional, are resolved by the reminder that "I don't remember" may be a acceptable answer in Judge Wapner's People's Court, but regarding issues of national security, that is not an acceptable "resolution" of the conflict, but the head of the HSCA did not have a problem with ambiguities, because that would infer, he was determined to find the truth at all costs.

45 years later, we are still treated to this spectacle as witnessed in the NSA Wiretap hearings of 2008, involving former Attorney General Alberto Gonzalez, who said "I don't know," or "I don't remember" so many times, he arguably defaced the integrity of the very office he was appointed to represent.

As it once was said "We have met the enemy and he is us."

PS Mark Bridger, known for his Oswald impersonator series for DPQ, an important distinction to be noted when trying to determine who the "blond haired, blue-eyes" Oswald was is Eusebio Azcue's specification that it was "dark blond," I think some of us get this mental picture of a very light blonde impersonator, which might be a hindrance, as if they aren't problematic as they are.

My short list on the blond haired Oswald would include:

Richard Cain

Steve Wilson

Claude Capehart

William Seymour

Other factoids are that John Thomas Masen is believed to have been in Mexico, and we know that

Richard Cain visited with the CIA in Mexico City in April, 1962, the twenty-third to be exact.

See

RICHARD CAIN HAS INVESTIGATIVE AGENCY IN MEXICO TO GIVE POLICE TRAINING TO MEXICAN GOVERNMENT AGENTS

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/...amp;relPageId=2

Richard S Cain # 272141 -unannounced visit Station 23 April told Curtis and Ware that has investigative agency Mexico (with branches Chicago, Los Angeles)

for purpose police training Mexican government agents. Said training in investigative techniques and in use of lie-detector. Claimed to have sold several lie-detector machines.

Claimed be employee Hacienda 2,000 pesos month. Said he investigating Communism in “certain Latin American country.”

Refused name country but said government had told us embassy there. In reply direct question, Cain said he had not registered with US Atty General as agent foreign governments.

2. According Willard Andrews, [Willys Andrew] reputable american businessman Mexico, Cain claims to have been with OSS during WW II.

3. Curtis and Ware asked for proof American citizenship which Cain did not have with him. Also told him Ambassador Mann did not approve American citizens

Ambassador and ODENVY advised........

The other point being just as the HSCA never seemed to focus on silencers being used at Dealey Plaza,

[which would possibly resolve "confusion" over just how many "shots" were fired], the use of blonde hair-dye as a possibility does not exactly run rampant in HSCA documentation on the Oswald in Mexico City conundrum.....

Edited by Robert Howard

• 1 month later...

Veteran researchers know that a good deal of Warren Commission documents were not declassified until the early 1970's. It is my view that the Warren Commission Reports of Robert Gemberling may also fall into that category. There is a particular Gemberling document that has, what some may consider corroboration, or, at the very least a name regarding an assassination attempt of JFK in 1962.....

My understanding of this is as follows.

ASSASSINATION ATTEMPT IN MEXICO ON JFK VISIT IN JUNE 1962 BY YOUNG U.S

The Mexico City Evening Newspaper Ultimas Noticias revealed on 23 November that perhaps there was in June last year an attempt to assassinate President Kennedy when he was in Mexico on an official visit.

According to the news report twenty four hours before the arrival of the U.S. President Mexican Secret Police apprehended a U.S. citizen, who was poorly dressed and seemingly unbalanced and who had taken lodging in a large hotel situated along the route that President Kennedy was going to travel. The suspect only carried a [illegible] and case in which he had a long range rifle with a telescopic sight.

The police did not reveal the incident at that time in order not to arouse anxiety Ultimas Noticias said, and neither the identity of the young foreigner nor his fate during and after the President’s visit to Mexico is known.

A link to the above appears to be in Warren Commission Document CD 1107, a section of that document deals with allegations regarding David Joseph St. Jacques, who was arrested in 1962 for attempting to stop the motorcade during the procession.......

Initially the document may seem to have nothing of substance, St Jacques did only "attempt" to stop the limousine and apparently one of JFK's Secret Service agents kicked him when it was apparent he was not going to get out of the way, but there are other strange details to St Jacques story including a gun, that is described as a gas pellet gun.

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/...p;relPageId=900

The David Joseph St. Jacques story appears to have gotten a boost when an agent Orozco mentioned a possible assassination attempt on JFK in 1962 in Mexico, the information came from an undivulged source who requested that his name not be used......St. Jacques was arrested by the Mexican police on June 29, 1962.

The bottom line as far as I am concerned, is that there are distinct similarities between St Jacques and Luis Angel Castillo, in that David was referenced as someone who had possibly been under hypnosis previously, as well as the fact that he is not a person who seems to have been given a great deal of attention......There are references to a German General named Groetman, who may have served in World War II. The document references a Mrs Bivings of the American Benevolent Society, who offers observations about his deteriorating mental state over a period of two years.

Other areas of the assassination that seem important are the following

ANCIRA, GONZALO ----- Sources: CD 1066 (332-6); JFK Collection List, pp. 49-50 (AMKW 87, 88) Mary's Comments: DOB: 12/15/29 POB: Nuevo Leon, Mexico Self-employed engineer, Rm. 1305, Hartford Bldg., Dallas, TX. (214) 747-1297. Mexican National who owns large 18,000-acre ranch near Nuevo Leon, Mexico, which he frequently visits. He planned to go to Mexico on 11/23/63, but when he was enroute to Laredo, he learned border was closed. He postponed visit until Sun., 11/24/63. On 5/20/63, Ancira rented P.O. Box 2915 and still had it on 4/22/64. (Oswald rented P.O. Box 2915 from 10/9/62 until 5/14/63.)

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/...sult&id=374

The above seems to complement knowledge of Tito Harper, who I believe is a very important aspect of any and all things pertaining to areas of the Kennedy Assassination regarding Mexico or Mexico City.

COMMISSION ON CIA ACTIVITIES WITHIN THE US

We would like to know whether the CIA had any agents or employees in any Dallas office during 1963 who might have in any way acted as a courier to bring checks or money into Mexico.

I also have attempted to learn more about Albert Osborne, Ron Ecker seems to have outdone the HSCA regarding authentic research regarding Albert Osborne aka John Howard Bowen.....

What follows below can only be described as attempting to draw more definitive conclusions regarding Osborne than heretofore were previously known.

In the MFF Chronolgies there is a section that seems to infer that in the decades between 1930-1940 Osborne was in the same general geographic vicinity in Montreal as Ramon Mercader, who, is familiar to those knowledgeable regarding the assassination of Leon Trotsky.......

What follows is hopefully self explanatory......The only other information I can offer regarding Nadine Bestougeff is that she might have been posited in the aftermath of the JFK assassination as a false-flag operation, designed purely to confuse those attempting to understand what was really going on...

ALBERT OSBORNE IN October 1939 MFF Chronology

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/...mp;relPageId=64

Ramon Mercader enters Mexico at Laredo, giving his address as 1269 St. Denis, Montreal. 1(M/A:64) Recall that Albert Osborne uses the address 1441 Drummond, Montreal

at various times WR 25:75, See 4/5/1958 Prophet Outcast page 484

The 4/5/1958 entry says that........

ALBERT OSBORNE aka John Howard Bowen is deported from Mexico as an undesirable alien. Between 1956 and 1958 the Mexican authorities conduct a census of American citizens living in Mexico and Osborne uses his birth-certificate and Canadian army papers as identity. Osborne says this “mixes up my name with the people in Oaxaca.” which indicates (?) that Osborne was using the alias name of John Howard Bowen there. (WC 25:31, 34, 36, 46 & 53;) The R.C.M.P. report that Osborne’s Montreal address is non-existent. (WC 25:31, 34, 53;)

Robert.....This is where it seems confusing, the MFF blurb above where it says that "THE Royal Canadian Mounted Police state Osborne's address is non existent, may have been true, but all I know is if you hit the URL for number 2 below it references a YMCA at Rue Drummond, and some of these personages that pop up in the JFK assassination did stay at YMCA's unless I am getting Altzheimer's........

1 http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&tab=...s%2C%20Montreal

2 http://imtl.org/montreal/building/ymca_rue_drummond.php

3 To/From

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=14...sa=N&tab=wl

When you look at the map for item # 3, in addition to noting the proximity to the two addresses, you might notice McGill University is in the map also, and that is where Nadine Bestougeff seems to factor in...

BESTOUGEFF, NADINE -----

Sources: CD 14 (37-9); CD 301 (28-31); CD 372 (SS 854; SS 871; SS 945; SS 1004) CD 1107 (127-32); CIA 288-692

Mary's

Comments: DOB: 10/8/37. Parents: 12 Rue Jean Thomas, Eaubonne, France. She arrived in U.S. from Paris 8/22/63. Went directly to Mexico. Arrived in Houston, TX., 9/8/63. Lived at Houston YWCA until 11/11/63. Gave D. R. Pervouchine, McGill University, Montreal, Canada, as a reference to the YWCA. Worked for Continental Oil Co. in Houston without compensation. Spent a weekend in New Orleans and a weekend in Dallas. 11/11/63 left Houston. 11/20/63 arrived in Fort Erie, Ontario, Canada. 11/20/63 arrived in Buffalo, NY. 11/21/63 left Buffalo. 11/21/63 arrived New York City. (See Caslov Stanjovic.)

STANJOVIC, CASLOV -----

Sources: CD 372 (SS 854; SS 871; SS 945); CIA 288-692

Mary's

Comments: DOB: 6/13/28. POB: Belgrade, Yugoslavia. Entered US 10/22/61 on a one year's visitor's visa and decided to stay. Former "contact" of Detroit CIA field office. Dropped at request of EE/YA (?) some time ago (this was Dec 1, 1963). He reported Nadine Bestougeff to CIA on 11/22/63 as possibly involved in assassination. Professor of Mathematics, University of Detroit. 35 yrs old. 5' 8". 155 lbs. Brown hair, blue eyes. (Probably same as Stanojevic)

Responses are nice, if anyone finds this interesting......

Edited by Robert Howard

• 1 year later...

I am aware that this subject has been discussed on several threads. My research into John Moss Whitten has convinced me that this subject is of great importance.

First, here are two photographs of the man who was photographed by the CIA in Mexico City in early October 1959.

John,

Regarding the photos in your post # 11, are you sure about the year (1959)? I thought it was 1963.

--Thomas

Edited by Thomas Graves

Interesting passage in John Newman's, Oswald and the CIA (1995) on John M. Whitten and Mexico City:

On December 11, 1963, John Scelso (John M. Whitten), chief of Western Hemisphere Branch 3, wrote an alarming memo to Richard Helms, deputy director of Plans. In bold handwriting at the top of the memo are the words "not sent." Below this is written "Questions put orally to Mr. Helms. 11 Nov. 63." In smaller handwriting under this are the words "Dec. presumably," reflecting the obvious fact that the Helms oral briefing was December 11, not November 11. Scelso wasted no time in throwing this stone into the pond: " It looks like the FBI report may even be released to the public. This would compromise our [13 spaces redacted] operations in Mexico, because the Soviets would see that the FBI had advance information on the reason for Oswald's visit to the Soviet Embassy."

How could the FBI have known Oswald's reason in advance? Next to this piece of text was a handwritten clue: "Mr. Helms phoned Mr. Angleton this warning." Perhaps "this morning" was meant, but in either case this may mean that CIA counterintelligence operations were involved.

It is intriguing that anyone in U.S. intelligence would have had advance notice of Oswald's visit to the Soviet Embassy. Evidently the FBI report that was mentioned was worded so that its readers might conclude that the FBI had been the source of information, but from Scelso's report, it is not hard to guess that it was the CIA's operations in Mexico that had yielded "advance information on the reason for Oswald's visit to the Soviet Embassy." But just what exactly does this phrase mean?

Oswald had told the Soviet Consulate in Mexico City that he corresponded with the Soviet Embassy in Washington about returning to the U.S.S.R. As previously discussed, the FBI would have learned of the contents of this correspondence. But this would not have compromised CIA operations in Mexico City. The CIA station monthly operational report for October 1963 did mention Oswald's visit to the Soviet Consulate, and did so under the subtitle "Exploitation of [7 letters redacted] Information." The same seven-letter cryptonym is redacted in the line beneath this subtitle, but the last letter is partially visible, enough to see that it is the letter Y In another CIA document from the Mexico City station the cryptonym LIENVOY has been left in the clear, and it was apparently used for the photo surveillance operation against the Soviet Embassy and Consulate." If this is true, the point of the Scelso memo above might have been this: Publication of the October 9-10 cables would show the telephone intercept had been linked to the photo surveillance, and that since the phone call came first, the cable showed the Agency had advance knowledge of the reason for Oswald's (the impostor) visit to the Soviet Consulate.

It appears that the CIA had advance knowledge about more than Oswald's October 1 visit to the Soviet Embassy. There is circumstantial evidence that the CIA Mexico City station might have been watching Oswald since his arrival on September 27. This evidence, according to the Lopez Report, was the Agency's decision to investigate the transcripts back to September 27, before they had learned of that date through post-assassination investigation:" This Committee has not been able to determine how the CIA Headquarters knew, on 23 November 1963, that a review of the [redacted] material should begin with the production from 27 September, the day Oswald first appeared at the Soviet and Cuban Embassies".

This was an incisive point. So was the direction in which the Lopez Report then headed: what headquarters knew about Oswald's visits to the Cuban Consulate.

I think there is an obvious suggestion for how the CIA or FBI would have known of Oswald's visit to Mexico City in advance....It is as simple as looking at the Silvia Odio incident and then suggesting that the two men who were with this mystery Oswald were in fact somehow connected to one or both of the agencies and would have reported this information. The attorneys nvestigating the Odio case also suggested that Oswald may have been provided with a phone number to use in the event that he needed a contact by these same two mystery men. The Warren Commission attorneys were then, apparently, not allowed to persue this avenue of speculation.....and then we have the Raleigh Call.

Jim Root

• 3 weeks later...

I was reading some files at MFF and saw an interesting item regarding the Mystery Man in MC.

In a conversation with the CIA, Bernard Fensterwald claimed to know the man's identify, but would not give his name. He said of the man :

- he is an American,

- serving a prison term on criminal charges,

- met Oswald in Mexico,

- but did not know the relationship between the man and Oswald.

- said the CIA has a thick file on the man.

Does anyone know if this was real or just Fensterwald trying to positioin himself to get more information from the CIA ??

• 2 years later...

John,

Thanks for sharing that. Consider this a "bump"

--Tommy :sun

Edited by Thomas Graves