The Education Forum

Why No Note on the 22nd?

Tim Gratz

Here is the translated text of the Rusian note Lee left for Marina before he shot at Gen Walker (if he did). Rather thorough as you can see.

WHY NO SIMILAR NOTE ON THE MORNING OF NOVEMBER 22nd?

TRANSLATED TEXT OF OSWALD NOTE TO MARINA BEFORE WALKER SHOOTING:

1. This is the key to the mailbox which is located in the main post office in the city on Ervay Street. This is the same street where the drugstore, in which you always waited is located. You will find the mail box in the post office which is located four blocks from the drug store on that street. I paid for the box last month so don't worry about it.

2. Send the information as to what has happened to me to the Embassy and include newspaper clippings (should there be anything about me in the newspapers), I believe that the Embassy will come quickly to your assistance on learning everything.

3. I paid the house rent on the 2nd so don't worry about it.

4.Recently I also paid for the water and gas.

5. The money from work will possibly be coming. The money will be sent to our post office box. Go to the bank and cash the check.

6.You can either throw out or give my clothing away, etc. Do not keep these. However I prefer that you hold on to my personal papers (military, civil etc).

7. Certain of my documents are in the small blue valise.

8. The address book can be found on my table in the study should you need same.

9. We have friends here.

10. The Red Cross will also help you.

11. I left you as much money as I could, $60 on the second of the month. You and the baby (apparently) [translator's note--illegible, possibly baby's name] can live for another 2 months using $10 per week.

12. If I am alive and taken prisoner, the city jail is located at the end of the bridge through which we always passed on going to the city (right in the beginning of the city after crossing the bridge).

Edited by Tim Gratz