The Education Forum

THERE IS NO MAGIC!

Thomas,

You might be unaware of a post I made regarding images on the Political Conspiracies sub-forum. Andy has to regularly delete attachments to keep the Forum running correctly. Now, this doesn't quite apply to the JFK section; John won't delete any attachments from threads that are being read or important to JFK research. If the images you have posted are important to you and you want them to always be visible, then you should consider joining an image-hosting site such as Photobucket or similar and uploading them there. Happy to assist you if required.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thomas,

You might be unaware of a post I made regarding images on the Political Conspiracies sub-forum. Andy has to regularly delete attachments to keep the Forum running correctly. Now, this doesn't quite apply to the JFK section; John won't delete any attachments from threads that are being read or important to JFK research. If the images you have posted are important to you and you want them to always be visible, then you should consider joining an image-hosting site such as Photobucket or similar and uploading them there. Happy to assist you if required.

Actually!

Not that long ago, I had no intention of ever making any of the information available.

And, had not Mr. Healy asked/invited me to this forum, whatever input which I may or may not have contributed would have merely passed on to my two sons.

My oldest son was developing a website in which they could be permanently posted. However, he has a job as well as being in Law School and I did not want to impose further on him.

Soon, I will be deleting the first batch and getting down to the actual facts.

Having dug through the boxes so many times, it is a complete task merely to find the drawing, etc; that I wish to send, and that is time consuming enough without going to a full web page.

Thomas,

Actually!

Not that long ago, I had no intention of ever making any of the information available.

And, had not Mr. Healy asked/invited me to this forum, whatever input which I may or may not have contributed would have merely passed on to my two sons.

My oldest son was developing a website in which they could be permanently posted. However, he has a job as well as being in Law School and I did not want to impose further on him.

Having dug through the boxes so many times, it is a complete task merely to find the drawing, etc; that I wish to send, and that is time consuming enough without going to a full web page.

As with the Walker shooting, Line-of-sight happens to be approximately 2-inches above Line-of-flight at short ranges when utilizing a scope.

Window frame-----tree limb! Same shooting error for a novice shooter with a scope who has little or no experience at close range shooting.

Thomas,

Actually!

As with the Walker shooting, Line-of-sight happens to be approximately 2-inches above Line-of-flight at short ranges when utilizing a scope.

Window frame-----tree limb! Same shooting error for a novice shooter with a scope who has little or no experience at close range shooting.

Failure to understand the evidence has no bearing on the validity of that evidence.

Generally speaking, it simply means that one does not understand the evidence.

SS Agent Glen Bennett TOLD everyone that he observed the shot to JFK's upper back.

Naturally, most have dismissed this, as we all know that Glen Bennett could not have observed a 2,000 fps 6.5mm bullet in flight.

However, since Bennett wrote this information down long prior to it even being known that JFK had been hit in the back, then rest assured that Bennett saw the bullet strike JFK in the back.

Which happens to be fully understandable, as when a bullet has been reduced to approximately 1/3 of it's normal velocity and it is tumbling end-over-end, then rest assured that it can be observed in flight.

http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/exhibits/ce2112.htm

"I saw a shot that hit the Boss about 4 inches down from the right shoulder"

P.S. I would hope that one would keep reading about the second shot/aka Z313 to the back of the head.

Thomas,

Actually!

Failure to understand the evidence has no bearing on the validity of that evidence.

Generally speaking, it simply means that one does not understand the evidence.

SS Agent Glen Bennett TOLD everyone that he observed the shot to JFK's upper back.

Naturally, most have dismissed this, as we all know that Glen Bennett could not have observed a 2,000 fps 6.5mm bullet in flight.

However, since Bennett wrote this information down long prior to it even being known that JFK had been hit in the back, then rest assured that Bennett saw the bullet strike JFK in the back.

Which happens to be fully understandable, as when a bullet has been reduced to approximately 1/3 of it's normal velocity and it is tumbling end-over-end, then rest assured that it can be observed in flight.

http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/exhibits/ce2112.htm

"I saw a shot that hit the Boss about 4 inches down from the right shoulder"

P.S. I would hope that one would keep reading about the second shot/aka Z313 to the back of the head.

Now!

For those who are new to this ride.

In one of my discussions with Mr. Robert West at his home, I (after determination that Mr. West played no part in the WC Circus Act) informed Mr. West as to what much of the "circle-jerk" he and his survey personnel had been put through was all about. IE: CE399/the altered Survey Evidence/& the tree limb.

Mr. West began to laugh!

Not knowing whether he was laughing at me, or what, I sat there untill he was through laughing, and then he informed me of the following.

The day after completion of the WC survey work (Survey work done on May 24, 1964), Mr. West had gone back into Dealy Plaza in order to obtain a few additional measurements in order to complete the WC Survey Plat.

During this return to Dealy Plaza, Mr. West observed members of the WC re-enactment group. These persons had a high-lift (bucket truck) and they were up in the top of the live oak tree which is located directly in front of the TSDB (directly under the sixth floor window), and these persons were cutting and removing the limbs from the top of the tree.

With all of this excess of intelligence which has supposedly been expended in a search for the facts of the assassination of JFK, no one here, or elsewhere had ever taken the time to to undertake a thorough evaluation of CE399 until such time as I did back in 1989/1990.

One of the items related to this bullet which I immediately noticed was the fact that the portion of the copper jacket which normally covers a portion of the base of the bullet, was not present.

As well as the fact that the missing portion appeared to have been removed by some mechanical means which left the bullet sidewall portion intact.

However, with all of the supposedly experts, no one had ever brought this fact out, not to mention having made an attempt to determined how this anomaly to CE399 came to exist.

And, until such time as, along with many other heretofore unknown information, I allowed this information into the public domain, it remained "lost" amoung the factual information while the chase for mythological creatures continued.

The removal of the copper jacket base to CE399 has a direct bearing on the base first impact of this bullet with the right transverse process of the C7 vertebrae of JFK, and the subsequent shearing of the small lead protrusion (missing fragment from CE840) which exited the anterior neck of JFK.

Therefore, for those who search for facts, please excuse the "jump" from the ballistic anomalies of CE399 to the anterior neck wound, and rest assured that we will get back to the clothing penetrations through the coat and shirt worn by JFK as well as the entry wound of the upper back.

With all of this excess of intelligence which has supposedly been expended in a search for the facts of the assassination of JFK, no one here, or elsewhere had ever taken the time to to undertake a thorough evaluation of CE399 until such time as I did back in 1989/1990.

One of the items related to this bullet which I immediately noticed was the fact that the portion of the copper jacket which normally covers a portion of the base of the bullet, was not present.

As well as the fact that the missing portion appeared to have been removed by some mechanical means which left the bullet sidewall portion intact.

However, with all of the supposedly experts, no one had ever brought this fact out, not to mention having made an attempt to determined how this anomaly to CE399 came to exist.

And, until such time as, along with many other heretofore unknown information, I allowed this information into the public domain, it remained "lost" amoung the factual information while the chase for mythological creatures continued.

The removal of the copper jacket base to CE399 has a direct bearing on the base first impact of this bullet with the right transverse process of the C7 vertebrae of JFK, and the subsequent shearing of the small lead protrusion (missing fragment from CE840) which exited the anterior neck of JFK.

Therefore, for those who search for facts, please excuse the "jump" from the ballistic anomalies of CE399 to the anterior neck wound, and rest assured that we will get back to the clothing penetrations through the coat and shirt worn by JFK as well as the entry wound of the upper back.

For those who have ridden this horse before, perhaps you will also recall the "Questionaire" to Attorney General Janet Reno/aka the FBI in regards to the missing base to CE399

For those who have ridden this horse before, perhaps you will also recall the "Questionaire" to Attorney General Janet Reno/aka the FBI in regards to the missing base to CE399

For those unaware of what is being discussed, perhaps this drawing will be of assistance.

As we progress along, I will find the photographs as well as my letter to FBI Agent Robert Frazier in regards to the missing base to the copper jacket.

For those unaware of what is being discussed, perhaps this drawing will be of assistance.

As we progress along, I will find the photographs as well as my letter to FBI Agent Robert Frazier in regards to the missing base to the copper jacket.

Needless to say, FBI Robert Frazier had no knowledge of the missing copper jacket base to CE399, and informed me that other than the small amount of the lead core which was missing from the bottom of the bullet that there was nothing else missing.

Of course, being the "Doubting Thomas", I also spoke with Agent John Gallagher who had conducted the FBI NAA examinations, and although we had discussed the NAA, we had not discussed CE399.

Agent Gallagher also informed me that other than what appeared to be a small section of the bullet core that was missing, that nothing else was missing from the bullet base and it was actually no different than other bullet bases.

So, in the early 1990's this was one of those "stuck" and going nowhere items which appeared to never have a resolution as there was no means to confirm or negate what Frazier & Gallagher had relayed to me.

Thus, it was a complete unknown as to whether CE399 was given to the National Archives with the copper jacket at the base of the bullet intact, or whether this portion of the bullet was intentionally removed prior to the bullet being turned over to the National Archives.

All that could be proven was that when the HSCA Investigation went to get this bullet, and photograph it, the copper jacket at the base was absent, and from other pictures taken at the National Archives, this portion of the bullet had been absent for some time prior to the HSCA Investigation.

http://www.jfklancer.com/photos/Rifle_Bullets/hc-399l.gif

Needless to say, FBI Robert Frazier had no knowledge of the missing copper jacket base to CE399, and informed me that other than the small amount of the lead core which was missing from the bottom of the bullet that there was nothing else missing.

Of course, being the "Doubting Thomas", I also spoke with Agent John Gallagher who had conducted the FBI NAA examinations, and although we had discussed the NAA, we had not discussed CE399.

Agent Gallagher also informed me that other than what appeared to be a small section of the bullet core that was missing, that nothing else was missing from the bullet base and it was actually no different than other bullet bases.

So, in the early 1990's this was one of those "stuck" and going nowhere items which appeared to never have a resolution as there was no means to confirm or negate what Frazier & Gallagher had relayed to me.

Thus, it was a complete unknown as to whether CE399 was given to the National Archives with the copper jacket at the base of the bullet intact, or whether this portion of the bullet was intentionally removed prior to the bullet being turned over to the National Archives.

All that could be proven was that when the HSCA Investigation went to get this bullet, and photograph it, the copper jacket at the base was absent, and from other pictures taken at the National Archives, this portion of the bullet had been absent for some time prior to the HSCA Investigation.

Top Photo:

From the National Archives. Photograph of the base of CE399.

That portion of the copper jacket which normally covers a portion of the base of the bullet is now missing.

The entire lead core can now be seen, as well as the FJM along the sidewall of the bullet, where the flat indication serves to demonstrate a "mechanical" removal of that portion of the copper jacket now missing at the bullet base.

Additionlly, around the outer perimeter of the lead core can be seen the circular indentation into the lead where that portion of the copper jacket that was once at the base of the bullet impressed it's outline into the lead core.

Bottom Photo:

Private photograph of the base of a fired 6.5mm WCC Carcano bullet.

That portion of the copper jacket which covers a portion of the base of the bullet can be seen intact.

Additionally, the 4.5mm diameter exposed section of the bullet lead core can be clearly seen.

Until such time as the National Archives, under the JFK Records Act, began to release evidence, there was no means by which to determine whether the removal of the missing portion of the copper jacket at the base of CE399 had been removed prior to the bullet having been placed into the National Archives, or while the bullet was in the possession of the National Archives.

Top Photo:

From the National Archives. Photograph of the base of CE399.

That portion of the copper jacket which normally covers a portion of the base of the bullet is now missing.

The entire lead core can now be seen, as well as the FJM along the sidewall of the bullet, where the flat indication serves to demonstrate a "mechanical" removal of that portion of the copper jacket now missing at the bullet base.

Additionlly, around the outer perimeter of the lead core can be seen the circular indentation into the lead where that portion of the copper jacket that was once at the base of the bullet impressed it's outline into the lead core.

Bottom Photo:

Private photograph of the base of a fired 6.5mm WCC Carcano bullet.

That portion of the copper jacket which covers a portion of the base of the bullet can be seen intact.

Additionally, the 4.5mm diameter exposed section of the bullet lead core can be clearly seen.

Until such time as the National Archives, under the JFK Records Act, began to release evidence, there was no means by which to determine whether the removal of the missing portion of the copper jacket at the base of CE399 had been removed prior to the bullet having been placed into the National Archives, or while the bullet was in the possession of the National Archives.

Finally, with the passage of the JFK Records Act, the National Archives began to release various documents and photographs relevant to the assassination.

And, since I had never made public that information relative to the base of CE399, the National Archives and no other entity would have reason to suspect that someone just may be watching and waiting.

With the release of documents came a variety of photographs of CE399 which were taken at the time that the bullet was turned over to the National Archives by the FBI.

And, one of these photographs, which was of the base of the bullet, clearly demonstrated that the portion of the copper jacket which normally covers an area at the base of the bullet, was in fact present on the bullet when this bullet was given to the Archives.

Which also helped to further the reliability which I placed in FBI Agent Robert Fraziers's discussions with me.

http://www.jfklancer.com/photos/Rifle_Bullets/33-3321a.gif

This information also confirmed that the removal of this now missing portion of CE399 had taken place while the bullet was in the custody of the National Archives.

Well!

Since I have been engaged in answering a few of those questions which have plagued true researchers for years:

1. CE840 missing fagment:

Small, 0.9 grain, cone-shaped, flat based fragment from the core of CE399, which, due to the external pressure exerted on the bullet as it passed through the tree limb, caused the external copper jacket to collapse, thus forcing a portion of the lead core through the 4.5mm copper jacket channel at the base of the bullet.

Thus, as the bullet struck in a base-first attitude, the 4.5mm diameter wide fragment was sheared from the base of the bullet due to the base-first impact with the right transverse process of the C7 vertebrae.

The fragment thereafter continued forward with only limited velocity and exited the anterior throat of JFK, thus causing the 3mm to 5mm wound of exist as observed by the Parkland doctors.

This non-irregular lead fragment was recovered from the left rear floorboard of the Presidential Limo, along with two other irregular lead fragments, and when examined by FBI Agent Robert Frazier at the FBI Ballistics/Firearms lab, Agent Frazier identified this fragment as being "Poss Q1" with Q1 being CE399, and the "Poss" meaning that the lead fragment was possibly from CE399.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mr. FRAZIER - There did not necessarily have to be any weight loss to the bullet. There may be a slight amount of lead missing from the base of the bullet, since it is exposed at the base, and the bullet is slightly flattened; there could be a slight weight loss from the end of the bullet,

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

True researchers have known for years that CE840 was missing a critical portion of it's original contingent, and most, without knowing otherwise, blamed this loss on the National Archives.

In fact, this 0.9 grain non-irregular, flat-based, cone-shaped fragment, which also contained striations/scratch marks along it's length, was removed from the FBI Ballistics/Firearms lab by William Sullivan, and in fact never made it to the National Archives.

So, where did it go?

To, beyond any reasonable doubt, this fragment of lead was utilized to replace those lead fragments which were removed from the right wrist of JBC, while this evidence (CE843)

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Image:Ce843.gif

was within the National Archives.

This, being the primary reason that the NAA demonstrates the high probability that the (purported/now switched) lead fragments which were supposedly removed from the wrist of JBC, now demonstrated that this lead most probably came from CE399, as well as having demonsrated all of those elements which are a result of the lead having been contaminated by elements from the ignition of the primer of the casing. (aluminum, etc;)

2. JBC's Coat;

Again, true reseachers have known for a long time that JBC's coat had been laundered prior to that point at which FBI Agent Robert Frazier was allowed to examine the coat.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mr. FRAZIER - It is different in that the President's clothing had not been cleaned. It had only been dried. The blood was dried. However, the Governor's garments had been cleaned and pressed.

And, justifiably, the CT community has been leary and suspicious of the FBI having allowed such important evidence to have been altered in this manner prior to actual examination.

But! Not unlike the missing fragment to CE840, the pieces of the puzzle just were not fitting into place, as no one could resolve the exact WHY? of this evidence manipulation.

So! The coat of JBC was undoubtedly cleaned as the simple fact would have been that, if, as stated, JBC was laying over across the jump seats of the Presidential Limo at the time of the third/last/final shot, as seen by James Altgens, and as felt and seen (blood/cerebral tissue) by Nellie Connally, being blown all over them, then the back of JBC's coat would have been covered with this blood/tissue as the direct pathway for the bullet was out of JFK's head and into JBC's exposed shoulder/back.

This in turn would have completely covered the back side of JBC's coat with blood/cerebral tissue, which it could not have sustained at the Z313 impact due to the jump seat in which JBC was sitting having provided a shield from any blood/cerebral tissue at the time of this shot impact.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now! To my own questions!

And, since I am the one who brought out the fact that the portion of the copper jacket to CE399 which partially covers the base of the bullet was found to have been removed, I would suppose that I too will have to answer the WHY? of that question as well.

And in that regards, FBI Agent Robert Frazier is no doubt indirectly responsible for someone having deemed it prudent to enter the National Archives and alter the base to this bullet.

Due primarily to Agent Frazier more or less having "let the cat out of the bag" during the Clay Shaw trial.

P.S. This is an excellent sight for those who still have the "Anomalies" to CE399 which were posted. (as well as other things)

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category...John_F._Kennedy

Well!

Since I have been engaged in answering a few of those questions which have plagued true researchers for years:

1. CE840 missing fagment:

Small, 0.9 grain, cone-shaped, flat based fragment from the core of CE399, which, due to the external pressure exerted on the bullet as it passed through the tree limb, caused the external copper jacket to collapse, thus forcing a portion of the lead core through the 4.5mm copper jacket channel at the base of the bullet.

Thus, as the bullet struck in a base-first attitude, the 4.5mm diameter wide fragment was sheared from the base of the bullet due to the base-first impact with the right transverse process of the C7 vertebrae.

The fragment thereafter continued forward with only limited velocity and exited the anterior throat of JFK, thus causing the 3mm to 5mm wound of exist as observed by the Parkland doctors.

This non-irregular lead fragment was recovered from the left rear floorboard of the Presidential Limo, along with two other irregular lead fragments, and when examined by FBI Agent Robert Frazier at the FBI Ballistics/Firearms lab, Agent Frazier identified this fragment as being "Poss Q1" with Q1 being CE399, and the "Poss" meaning that the lead fragment was possibly from CE399.

Mr. FRAZIER - There did not necessarily have to be any weight loss to the bullet. There may be a slight amount of lead missing from the base of the bullet, since it is exposed at the base, and the bullet is slightly flattened; there could be a slight weight loss from the end of the bullet,

True researchers have known for years that CE840 was missing a critical portion of it's original contingent, and most, without knowing otherwise, blamed this loss on the National Archives.

In fact, this 0.9 grain non-irregular, flat-based, cone-shaped fragment, which also contained striations/scratch marks along it's length, was removed from the FBI Ballistics/Firearms lab by William Sullivan, and in fact never made it to the National Archives.

So, where did it go?

To, beyond any reasonable doubt, this fragment of lead was utilized to replace those lead fragments which were removed from the right wrist of JBC, while this evidence (CE843)

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Image:Ce843.gif

was within the National Archives.

This, being the primary reason that the NAA demonstrates the high probability that the (purported/now switched) lead fragments which were supposedly removed from the wrist of JBC, now demonstrated that this lead most probably came from CE399, as well as having demonsrated all of those elements which are a result of the lead having been contaminated by elements from the ignition of the primer of the casing. (aluminum, etc;)

2. JBC's Coat;

Again, true reseachers have known for a long time that JBC's coat had been laundered prior to that point at which FBI Agent Robert Frazier was allowed to examine the coat.

Mr. FRAZIER - It is different in that the President's clothing had not been cleaned. It had only been dried. The blood was dried. However, the Governor's garments had been cleaned and pressed.

And, justifiably, the CT community has been leary and suspicious of the FBI having allowed such important evidence to have been altered in this manner prior to actual examination.

But! Not unlike the missing fragment to CE840, the pieces of the puzzle just were not fitting into place, as no one could resolve the exact WHY? of this evidence manipulation.

So! The coat of JBC was undoubtedly cleaned as the simple fact would have been that, if, as stated, JBC was laying over across the jump seats of the Presidential Limo at the time of the third/last/final shot, as seen by James Altgens, and as felt and seen (blood/cerebral tissue) by Nellie Connally, being blown all over them, then the back of JBC's coat would have been covered with this blood/tissue as the direct pathway for the bullet was out of JFK's head and into JBC's exposed shoulder/back.

This in turn would have completely covered the back side of JBC's coat with blood/cerebral tissue, which it could not have sustained at the Z313 impact due to the jump seat in which JBC was sitting having provided a shield from any blood/cerebral tissue at the time of this shot impact.

Now! To my own questions!

And, since I am the one who brought out the fact that the portion of the copper jacket to CE399 which partially covers the base of the bullet was found to have been removed, I would suppose that I too will have to answer the WHY? of that question as well.

And in that regards, FBI Agent Robert Frazier is no doubt indirectly responsible for someone having deemed it prudent to enter the National Archives and alter the base to this bullet.

Due primarily to Agent Frazier more or less having "let the cat out of the bag" during the Clay Shaw trial.

P.S. This is an excellent sight for those who still have the "Anomalies" to CE399 which were posted. (as well as other things)

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category...John_F._Kennedy

With release by the National Archives of photographs of the base of CE399, it required little more than adequate vision to clearly see that the copper jacket, which normally covers a portion of the bullet base, was present when this Exhibit was turned over to the National Archives.

In addition to this, one could observe the "impact damage" to the edge of this copper jacket, and when compared to the later photograph of the bullet base which had the copper jacket removed, even see where this impact had created a slight indententation in the outer perimeter of the lead core.

The photograph of the base of the bullet also demonstrates the highly unliklihood that this bullet struck JBC in a base first attitude, thus shearing only LEAD from the core of the bullet and leaving only traces of lead in the wrist wound of JBC*

*It should be noted that the laundering of JBC's clothing prior to any forensic examination also eliminated any possiblilty of determination of exactly what metallic residue would have been found embedded in the coat at the end of the coat sleeve, just prior of entry of the projectile into his wrist.

Dr. GREGORY - My initial impression was that whatever produced the wound of the wrist was an irregular object,

The size of the wound of entrance, and the fact that it is irregular surfaced permitted it to pick up organic debris, materials, threads, and carry them into the wound with it.

An irregular missile can carry debris into a wound and such debris was carried into the wound of the wrist.

I do not believe that the missile wound in Governor Connally's right forearm was produced by a missile of such magnitude at the time it struck him. It either had to be one of lower initial energy or a missile which had been partially expended elsewhere before it struck his wrist.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dr. Shaw, I hand you at this time what purports to be the coat worn by Governor Connally, which we introduce subject to later proof when Governor Connally appears later this afternoon; and, for the record, I ask you first of all if this photograph, designated as Commission Exhibit No. 683, is a picture of this suit coat?

Dr. SHAW - It is.

Mr. SPECTER - I had interrupted you when you started to refer to the hole in the sleeve of the coat. Will you proceed with what you were testifying about there?

Dr. SHAW - The hole in the sleeve of the coat is within hall a centimeter of the very edge of the sleeve, and lies----

Mr. DULLES - This is the right sleeve, is it not?

Dr. SHAW - I am sorry, yea Thank you. Of the right sleeve, and places it, if the coat sleeve was in the same position, assuming it is in the same position that my coat sleeve is in, places it directly over the lateral portion of the wrist, really not directly on the volar or the dorsum of the surface of the wrist, but on the lateral position or the upper position, as the wrist is held in a neutral position.

Mr. SPECTER - With the additional information provided by the coat, would that enable you to give an opinion as to which was the wound of entrance and which the wound of exit on the Governor's wrist?

Dr. SHAW - There is only one tear in the Governor's garment as far as the appearance of the tear is concerned, I don't think I could render an opinion as to whether this is a wound of entrance or exit.

Mr. SPECTER - Assuming the fact that the autopsy surgeon presented for the record a statement that the fragments moved forward into the vicinity of the President's right eye, as the diagram shows, that there were approximately 40 star-like fragments running on a line through the head on the trajectory, and that there was substantial fragmentation of the bullet as it passed through the head, what is your view about that?

Dr. GREGORY - I think it is possible that a fragment from that particular missile may have escaped and struck the Governor's right arm.

Which pretty much says it all!

Had clothing not been laundered first, then X-ray & spectrographic analysis of any metallic residue could have determined absolutely whether the striking projectile was copper (as in CE399) or whether it was in fact a lead fragment which "escaped" from the head of JFK at the Z313 headshot and thereafter struck JBC in the wrist.