The Education Forum

For Peter: Apollo to the Moon and Beyond

Evan Burton

I certainly haven't seen it, Duane. If there was something wrong with it, it possible (not confirmed, just possible) another mod deleted it without mentioning it. When John / Andy review the security logs, they'll be able to tell.

In the meantime, you might like to repeat your assertions regarding it (i.e. what you think is wrong with the image).

Well if you can't find my post then I guess it got deleted ... But why would it have been deleted if it didn't contain anything in it that couldn't have been posted , even under moderation ? ... That just doesn't make any sense ... Should I ask Mr. Walker to check the security logs to see who might have deleted that post and why ?

I haven't seen three other posts of mine , that I submitted yesterday, make it to the boards either ... Two of them were rebuttals to two of your posts Evan , in the thread about why no astronots saw any stars from the Moon .... Neither one of them contained anything that would have to have been edited , so why do you think they are missing also ? .... Maybe I need to ask Mr. Walker why so many of my posts are being deleted without any reason to do so .

As for the photo I posted yesterday that Craig somehow magically seemed to discover , all I said was that this strange visor refelction contained the image of what appears to be some type of stagelight or spotlight in the upper right part of the visor , that the astronot reflected in the visor looks like a tiny little elf .

But I did fail to mention a couple other anomalies that I have noted in this photo here .... A shadow of what looks to be more like an alien than an astronot , plus a strange looking dark object that I don't thiink would have been anything the astronots would have taken to the moon with them .

AS17-134-20387HR-croppedwithobjectc.jpg

Well if you can't find my post then I guess it got deleted ...

I said it may have been deleted; that's just a guess on my part.

But why would it have been deleted if it didn't contain anything in it that couldn't have been posted , even under moderation ? ... That just doesn't make any sense ... Should I ask Mr. Walker to check the security logs to see who might have deleted that post and why ?

To find out what happened to it, that is what I would do. Send Andy a PM detail the approximate time and date you believe you posted it, and to which board / thread.

I haven't seen three other posts of mine , that I submitted yesterday, make it to the boards either ... Two of them were rebuttals to two of your posts Evan , in the thread about why no astronots saw any stars from the Moon .... Neither one of them contained anything that would have to have been edited , so why do you think they are missing also ? .... Maybe I need to ask Mr. Walker why so many of my posts are being deleted without any reason to do so .

Don't go jumping to conclusions. I found the posts in the "no stars" thread you were talking about, and have released them. That is my fault, by the way. When looking at posts awaiting approval, I only went to the last page.. and there were posts awaiting approval. What I didn't do is check previous pages for posts also awaiting approval. My bad, and apologies for delaying them for so long Duane. If you like, I'll bump the thread, and I am in the process of getting a response for you.

No problem Evan ... Thanks for finally releasing them ... From now on I am making copies of my posts and noting the time and date they are submitted ... This way I will be able to better keep up with what gets posted and what doesn't , and also have a copy of any post that should accidently be deleted for some reason , so I can easily post it again .... This way I will also have a record of what image links are in my posts as well .

Now if anyone would like to discuss the anomalies in the Cernan visor image that Jack and I have posted here , that would be great .

No problem Evan ... Thanks for finally releasing them ... From now on I am making copies of my posts and noting the time and date they are submitted ... This way I will be able to better keep up with what gets posted and what doesn't , and also have a copy of any post that should accidently be deleted for some reason , so I can easily post it again .... This way I will also have a record of what image links are in my posts as well .

Now if anyone would like to discuss the anomalies in the Cernan visor image that Jack and I have posted here , that would be great .

Duane...keep up the good work. My postings which have "disappeared"

now total seven. Too bad I did not keep a record of them. If they do not

show up within 48 hours, I assume they have been deleted. However,

there is another possibility. I never look back past PAGE TWO of the

forum. If a moderator holds up a posting till the subject is beyond page

two, I never see it...and neither does anyone else.

Jack