The Education Forum

There Was No Bullet Wound in John F. Kennedy's Throat

Ashton Gray

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The autopsists said that the bullet entering near the EOP "tunneled" under the skin. From reading that I got the impression that the bullet had hit at such a tangential angle that it skidded down the back of the cranium.

Lt Lipsey stated that the autopsists were sure that the bullet that entered near the EOP exited from the throat.

Both Bob and I believe the bullet (or fragments thereof) could have gone down the neck and resulted in a projectile exiting the throat. I am partial to the possibility of that projectile being a chard of bone.

Some have ridiculed that thought. One pointed to some WC testimony stating the the wound was smooth. Somehow that was supposed to have shown the projectile couldn't have been a chard of bone.

Well here is some WC testimony I just read on another thread that pertains to this:

"Dr. Jones: ....There appeared to be relatively smooth edges around the wound, and if this occurred as a result of a missile, you would have probably thought it was a missile of very low velocity and probably could have been compatible with a bone fragment of either--probably exiting from the neck, but it was a very small, smooth wound."

Just wanted to point that out.

I'm glad we agree on the possibility of a bullet skidding underneath the back of the cranium. In fact, with the way Humes moved wounds around on JFK's body, it wouldn't surprise me if the bullet never touched the cranium at all, and only entered high on the neck.

With this in mind, I go back to the HSCA interview of Jerrol Custer, the x-ray tech who took all of the x-rays of JFK at the autopsy. In his interview, he was quite adamant that the x-ray he recalled seeing of JFK's neck was not the one in the Archives, and that the x-ray he recalled showed "many fragments" (presumably bullet fragments) in the vicinity of cervical vertebrae C3/C4.

2303W.jpg

Diagram shows cervical vertebra C7 on the bottom. By counting backward, while going up, C4 is three vertebrae above C7. Use the "spinous processes" (dorsal projections) to identify each individual vertebra. Counting down from the thyroid cartilage just above the trachea (windpipe) we are looking for the space between the 2nd and 3rd tracheal rings. Te projectile that wounded the trachea was travelling on a downward angle, back to front, that left a tear extending from the 2nd to the 3rd tracheal ring; nicely lined up with our high neck entrance wound and the C3/C4 vertebrae.

I still believe some type of frangible bullet was used against JFK, although there was not really any such type bullet on the market in 1963, and the first commercially available frangible, the Glaser Safety Slug, would not be introduced until 1974. I do know that many inventors had been trying to develop a lethal frangible bullet for years before the assassination, and God only knows what the CIA were cooking up.

The point to be made is that, while modern frangible bullets are quite sophisticated and extremely lethal, a frangible bullet in 1963 may have been a crude forerunner of its modern day form. In other words, while it might have been quite lethal in the right wound, ie. brain or lung, it may have been quite ineffective in another type of wound.

Another thing we have to remember is that the throat wound was described as being a neat little round wound 3-8 mm in diameter. As Dr. Jones described it, it could have been an entry wound, as there was so little disturbance to surrounding tissue. However, he went on to say it could also have been a bullet exit wound, but only of a bullet that was travelling at an extremely reduced velocity. Both this and the roundness of the wound I believe to be very important.

I also find it very important that traces of metal were found on the shirt and coat, where the bullet entered JFK's back, but no traces of metal were found on the "slits" below the shirt collar button nor on the nick on the tie.

Let's take another look at the Glaser Safety Slug and see if these clues can be tied together.

https://www.corbon.com/glaser-safety-slug.html

Anatomy-Glaser.jpg

It is conceivable that one of these bullets, or a bullet very similar in construction, entered high on the right rear of JFK's neck, and impacted his cervical vertebrae at the level of C3/C4. Designed to disintegrate when in contact with hard surfaces, it may have broken up on impact. It had already travelled 2 inches through the muscles in the back of JFK's neck and, as the tests with ballistic gel showed, this alone would have this bullet well on its way to disintegration, with the impact at C3/C4 merely being the final push. As videos of the Glaser round fired into ballistic gel will show, the bullet may have been breaking up and slowing down before it impacted the vertebrae, explaining the lack of massive damage to the neck.

The #6 or #12 shot would account for the "many fragments" observed by Jerrol Custer.

The blue polymer (plastic) ball in the tip of the bullet could have found its way through the right side of the vertebral stack, leaving the rest of the bullet behind it, although its velocity would be greatly reduced if it had to smash through interlocking vertebral bones to do so. This would satisfy the requirements of Dr. Jones' bullet exiting the throat at a greatly reduced velocity.

Regardless of how it was spinning, following its impact with C3/C4, the blue polymer ball would still be a ball, and could not make an exit wound that was NOT round, regardless of whether it exited at 90° to the body or not. In comparison, a tumbling bullet, or a bullet leaving the body at an oblique angle, will leave an oblong wound instead of a round wound.

As it was a blue polymer ball made from plastic, it would naturally leave no metallic traces on JFK's shirt or tie.

bump

The autopsists said that the bullet entering near the EOP "tunneled" under the skin. From reading that I got the impression that the bullet had hit at such a tangential angle that it skidded down the back of the cranium.

Lt Lipsey stated that the autopsists were sure that the bullet that entered near the EOP exited from the throat.

Both Bob and I believe the bullet (or fragments thereof) could have gone down the neck and resulted in a projectile exiting the throat. I am partial to the possibility of that projectile being a chard of bone.

Some have ridiculed that thought. One pointed to some WC testimony stating the the wound was smooth. Somehow that was supposed to have shown the projectile couldn't have been a chard of bone.

Well here is some WC testimony I just read on another thread that pertains to this:

"Dr. Jones: ....There appeared to be relatively smooth edges around the wound, and if this occurred as a result of a missile, you would have probably thought it was a missile of very low velocity and probably could have been compatible with a bone fragment of either--probably exiting from the neck, but it was a very small, smooth wound."

I'm glad we agree on the possibility of a bullet skidding underneath the back of the cranium. In fact, with the way Humes moved wounds around on JFK's body, it wouldn't surprise me if the bullet never touched the cranium at all, and only entered high on the neck.

With this in mind, I go back to the HSCA interview of Jerrol Custer, the x-ray tech who took all of the x-rays of JFK at the autopsy. In his interview, he was quite adamant that the x-ray he recalled seeing of JFK's neck was not the one in the Archives, and that the x-ray he recalled showed "many fragments" (presumably bullet fragments) in the vicinity of cervical vertebrae C3/C4.

2303W.jpg

Diagram shows cervical vertebra C7 on the bottom. By counting backward, while going up, C4 is three vertebrae above C7. Use the "spinous processes" (dorsal projections) to identify each individual vertebra. Counting down from the thyroid cartilage just above the trachea (windpipe) we are looking for the space between the 2nd and 3rd tracheal rings. Te projectile that wounded the trachea was travelling on a downward angle, back to front, that left a tear extending from the 2nd to the 3rd tracheal ring; nicely lined up with our high neck entrance wound and the C3/C4 vertebrae.

I still believe some type of frangible bullet was used against JFK, although there was not really any such type bullet on the market in 1963, and the first commercially available frangible, the Glaser Safety Slug, would not be introduced until 1974. I do know that many inventors had been trying to develop a lethal frangible bullet for years before the assassination, and God only knows what the CIA were cooking up.

The point to be made is that, while modern frangible bullets are quite sophisticated and extremely lethal, a frangible bullet in 1963 may have been a crude forerunner of its modern day form. In other words, while it might have been quite lethal in the right wound, ie. brain or lung, it may have been quite ineffective in another type of wound.

Another thing we have to remember is that the throat wound was described as being a neat little round wound 3-8 mm in diameter. As Dr. Jones described it, it could have been an entry wound, as there was so little disturbance to surrounding tissue. However, he went on to say it could also have been a bullet exit wound, but only of a bullet that was travelling at an extremely reduced velocity. Both this and the roundness of the wound I believe to be very important.

I also find it very important that traces of metal were found on the shirt and coat, where the bullet entered JFK's back, but no traces of metal were found on the "slits" below the shirt collar button nor on the nick on the tie.

Let's take another look at the Glaser Safety Slug and see if these clues can be tied together.

Anatomy-Glaser.jpg

It is conceivable that one of these bullets, or a bullet very similar in construction, entered high on the right rear of JFK's neck, and impacted his cervical vertebrae at the level of C3/C4. Designed to disintegrate when in contact with hard surfaces, it may have broken up on impact. It had already travelled 2 inches through the muscles in the back of JFK's neck and, as the tests with ballistic gel showed, this alone would have this bullet well on its way to disintegration, with the impact at C3/C4 merely being the final push. As videos of the Glaser round fired into ballistic gel will show, the bullet may have been breaking up and slowing down before it impacted the vertebrae, explaining the lack of massive damage to the neck.

The #6 or #12 shot would account for the "many fragments" observed by Jerrol Custer.

The blue polymer (plastic) ball in the tip of the bullet could have found its way through the right side of the vertebral stack, leaving the rest of the bullet behind it, although its velocity would be greatly reduced if it had to smash through interlocking vertebral bones to do so. This would satisfy the requirements of Dr. Jones' bullet exiting the throat at a greatly reduced velocity.

Regardless of how it was spinning, following its impact with C3/C4, the blue polymer ball would still be a ball, and could not make an exit wound that was NOT round, regardless of whether it exited at 90° to the body or not. In comparison, a tumbling bullet, or a bullet leaving the body at an oblique angle, will leave an oblong wound instead of a round wound.

As it was a blue polymer ball made from plastic, it would naturally leave no metallic traces on JFK's shirt or tie.

bump

Bob,

I've kept an open mind regarding whether it was a bullet fragment (even a plastic one) that exited the throat or a bone fragment. One thing that bothers me about both possibilities, but primarily the bullet fragment one, is the construction of the cervical column.

When I look at diagrams of the cervical column, it's construction appears like there is no way for a bullet fragment to slip through.

A20-1_03_1200_1200_Human-Skull-Model-on-

It seems that a bone fragment has a better chance since a hit from behind could have fractured a vertebrae from behind and sent a shard of it out from the front.

What I can't seem to understand with this thread is, instead of first, second, and third guessing whether the throat wound was a bone fragment, a bullet fragment, or a dart feather that caused the throat wound, why can't anyone just open their eyes up and watch the Z film?

It's very, very clear - especially in the version of it below - that Kennedy's hands are already reacting to the throat wound when one-half to a second later he is hit in the back, causing his head to bob backward and then forward from the force of that back shot.

So how can that be? First, it proves conspiracy right off the bat - this was supposed to be Crazy Kid up on the 6th floor firing a shot, one that the government wants us to believe went through his back, somehow zigged and then zagged, and then pops out of his throat, continues its high-speed and pristine path to do all of the damage to JBC. We know it didn't and couldn't have happened that way.

So what do we have left? It's obvious from his reaction that the throat shot hit him first, THEN the back shot. This negates the SBT and also negates the crazy theory on this thread - as well as all of the other crazy sub-theories of fragments, bones, and what have you.

Then, the doctor - one of the few who saw the wound before the cut was made - said it was one of entrance. No one - not a single one of us - was there that day, so you have to take the word of this doctor, who saw gunshot wounds daily.

Yet, this thread continues on and on and on with theories, sub-theories, and sub-sub-theories. Will the madness ever end?

I mean, when is it ever going to end? And in all honesty, how is it actually helping the research community to talk about things here that didn't even exist 53 years ago?

2303W.jpg

Anatomy-Glaser.jpg

bump

Bob,

I've kept an open mind regarding whether it was a bullet fragment (even a plastic one) that exited the throat or a bone fragment. One thing that bothers me about both possibilities, but primarily the bullet fragment one, is the construction of the cervical column.

When I look at diagrams of the cervical column, it's construction appears like there is no way for a bullet fragment to slip through.

A20-1_03_1200_1200_Human-Skull-Model-on-

It seems that a bone fragment has a better chance since a hit from behind could have fractured a vertebrae from behind and sent a shard of it out from the front.

Hi Sandy

You make a very good point here, and this is precisely why the Single Bullet Theory falls down, if we are to believe the WC when they tell us there was no great amount of damage to the cervical vertebrae. As they say, no theory is complete without the odd fly in the ointment.

Without access to the real x-rays of JFK's neck, we may never know if a projectile somehow passed through the right side of the vertebral column. About all we can do is keep an open mind on the subject.

As you say, the possibility of a chunk or shard of bone acting as a secondary missile is still a distinct possibility.

What I can't seem to understand with this thread is, instead of first, second, and third guessing whether the throat wound was a bone fragment, a bullet fragment, or a dart feather that caused the throat wound, why can't anyone just open their eyes up and watch the Z film?
It's very, very clear - especially in the version of it below - that Kennedy's hands are already reacting to the throat wound when one-half to a second later he is hit in the back, causing his head to bob backward and then forward from the force of that back shot.
So how can that be? First, it proves conspiracy right off the bat - this was supposed to be Crazy Kid up on the 6th floor firing a shot, one that the government wants us to believe went through his back, somehow zigged and then zagged, and then pops out of his throat, continues its high-speed and pristine path to do all of the damage to JBC. We know it didn't and couldn't have happened that way.
So what do we have left? It's obvious from his reaction that the throat shot hit him first, THEN the back shot. This negates the SBT and also negates the crazy theory on this thread - as well as all of the other crazy sub-theories of fragments, bones, and what have you.
Then, the doctor - one of the few who saw the wound before the cut was made - said it was one of entrance. No one - not a single one of us - was there that day, so you have to take the word of this doctor, who saw gunshot wounds daily.
Yet, this thread continues on and on and on with theories, sub-theories, and sub-sub-theories. Will the madness ever end?
I mean, when is it ever going to end? And in all honesty, how is it actually helping the research community to talk about things here that didn't even exist 53 years ago?

Michael

Speculating on the mechanism of injury, using available evidence, is far from "madness", as you maintain.

Your description of the shooting is in many ways very accurate, and I agree with you that JFK seems to be responding to one shot when another shot appears to hit him in the back.

The part I have a problem with is the frontal throat shot. I believe Sandy and I have conclusively proven the throat wound was well below the top of the collar, behind the tie not. While this does not rule out a shot from the rear, travelling downward at a steep angle, it makes it almost impossible for the throat wound to be an entrance wound; unless, of course, the shooter was lying on the floor of the limo.

P.S.

You have no idea what did or did not exist 53 years ago.

Edited by Robert Prudhomme

I'm not sure if you understand what I am saying here, Michael.

I agree that JFK is reacting to a shot when he emerges from behind the Stemmons sign, and that shot may have caused the throat wound and was immediately followed by a shot that struck him in the upper back.

However, the evidence points more favourably to the first shot having entered the back of JFK's upper neck, not the lower front of his neck.

Edited by Robert Prudhomme

I've finally figured out why Cliff is here. Any time someone has a reasonable theory posted, Cliff immediately attacks everyone and distracts readers from the main topic

It's not a "theory" you promote -- you claim it is a certainty.

I'm not sure if you understand what I am saying here, Michael.

I agree that JFK is reacting to a shot when he emerges from behind the Stemmons sign, and that shot may have caused the throat wound and was immediately followed by a shot that struck him in the upper back.

However, the evidence points more favourably to the first shot having entered the back of JFK's upper neck, not the lower front of his neck.

No, Robert, this is not "reasonable."

There is NO evidence the first shot struck him in the back.

Zero. Nada. Nothing but the ether of your pet theories.

Ramon

Let me be the first to tell you that you are full of it to the eyeballs.

The first? You probably mean the first today, right?

Incidentally, I fully agree with you, Bob.

We are ALL more or less full of it, to the eyeballs (some higher, like the ones who claim that it was the SS by accident or it was Marilyn Monroe shooting from a flying saucer).

I have NEVER claimed to be an expert on anything.

This is one of the best analogies.

Ramon is the town's drunk and mentally retarded who keeps on mentioning God.

My detractors (you being one) try to attack me when all I am saying is "God Will Solve This Problem."

By the way:

Science is my God.

MIT is my Vatican.

Q.E.D.

-Ramon

Edited by Ramon F. Herrera

Ramon

Let me be the first to tell you that you cannot learn everything from a book.

Again, you are 100% correct, Bob!

In addition to books, we have:

• Research Papers

• Computer Simulations

• Simulations Using Similar Material (see the Haags' or Australians' preordained "studies" with some tissue-like substances)

• Experiments with Animals or Human Cadavers

• Daily experience of Robert Prudhomme and other hunters (aka Anecdotic Data Points).

• YouTube videos of human beings being shot in the head, with 100% of targets moving as if hit by a baseball bat:

Lattimer: "I wish to reemphasize that none of our test objects in these experiments ever jumped or fell off the stand AWAY from the shooter"

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=22351

- Etc.

Those are the ingredients, here's the ONLY recipe for The Truth:

You take all that, taking into account the CREDIBILITY of each source, put it in an industrial size blender and voila! the truth eventually comes out.

-Ramon

If you had fingers like a four year old girl. The back wound was only 1/4 inch in diameter.

Flesh stretches, Bob.

Really, Cliff? Is that just a guess on your part, or are you speaking from experience?

Is your flesh the consistency of concrete?

I liked your videos, Ramon -- yet they seem to agree with most of the people here, IMHO -- namely, they imply that JFK was shot in the head from the front, and was pushed "back and to the left" by the force of this bullet.

It made no difference whether it was a full-metal-jacket bullet, or a frangible bullet -- the effect would be the same, as I interpret your Physics videos.

Just for the record Paul, and this is EXTREMELY important. I cannot stress the importance of what follows enough. It should be obvious and yet it must be repeated again, and again, and again:

In an ideal world, we mere mortals would debate and discuss our theories and eventually some superior beings (Doctor Spock or "Data", etc.) will come down to earth, solve all those complex equations, and voila!: the biggest unresolved problem in the history of Physics is solved. Everybody is satisfied (well, a large percentage). However, since those perfect (non-opinionated) beings do no exist are not available, we are forced to wear TWO hats. I don't know of many intelligent, informed people who remain neutral in this polarized case, not even in Switzerland.

[Assume for a second that I am spokesperson for Science, if there is such a thing]

Therefore, given that my goal is to persuade as many as 320+ million American (and the rest of the world) I am OBLIGATED to consider all possibilities:

Official Effect:

https://goo.gl/6gtvbb

Parkland Effect:

https://goo.gl/RCLmy3

Take a look inside both folders and you will see that the 2 main theories must be considered. At the end, the definite solution will be dictated by this principle:

"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth."

http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/a/arthurcona134512.html

Q.E.D.

-Ramon

Robert Prudhomme:

<quote on>

The part I have a problem with is the frontal throat shot. I believe Sandy and I have conclusively proven the throat wound was well below the top of the collar, behind the tie knot.

<quote off>

From the WC testimony of Dr. Charles Carrico:

<quote on, emphasis added>

Dr. CARRICO - At that time the endotracheal tube was inserted, using a curved laryngoscopic blade, inserting an endotracheal tube, it was seen there were some contusions, hematoma to the right of the larynx, with a minimal deviation of the larynx to the left, and rugged tissue below indicating tracheal injury.

<quote off>

The tracheal injury was reported below the wound entrance.

Robert Prudhomme:

<quote on>

The part I have a problem with is the frontal throat shot. I believe Sandy and I have conclusively proven the throat wound was well below the top of the collar, behind the tie knot.

<quote off>

From the WC testimony of Dr. Charles Carrico:

<quote on, emphasis added>

Dr. CARRICO - At that time the endotracheal tube was inserted, using a curved laryngoscopic blade, inserting an endotracheal tube, it was seen there were some contusions, hematoma to the right of the larynx, with a minimal deviation of the larynx to the left, and rugged tissue below indicating tracheal injury.

<quote off>

The tracheal injury was reported below the wound entrance.

Cr. Carrico didn't say the tracheal injury was located below the wound. He said the injury was below the larnyx.

The tracheal rings are located just below the larnyx.