The Education Forum

There Was No Bullet Wound in John F. Kennedy's Throat

Ashton Gray

"Carrico: ""there were some contusions, [comma!] hematoma to the right of the larynx, [another comma!] with a minimal deviation of the larynx to the left"

Cliff

Would you please tell us where you obtained this quote of Dr. Carrico's? Is this from his Warren Commission testimony of March 25, 1964?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone with any reading skills at all would interpret Carrico's statement as saying there were contusions and hematoma adjacent to the larynx, Cliff.

So you are unfamiliar with the common "comma" punctuation?

Carrico: ""there were some contusions, [comma!] hematoma to the right of the larynx, [another comma!] with a minimal deviation of the larynx to the left"

BUT, do you know what you are REALLY missing, Cliff?

A FRICKIN' ENTRANCE WOUND IN THE LARYNX! WHY DID PERRY NOT REPORT AN ENTRANCE WOUND IN THE LARYNX?

Carrico saw it first and reported a wound below the Adams apple above the shirt-line just about where the tie knot was, to the right.

The round deflected down from the larnyx and ended up creating a hairline fracture of the right T1 transverse process.

It didn't take a straight-line path, Bob. Get over it.

One last time, Cliff. If a round "deflected down from the larynx", that would mean that round had to HIT the larynx, and at a pretty good velocity in order to do all of the tricks you claim it did.

On the contrary, the movement of the round indicates a low velocity.

The fracture of the right T1 transverse process was a hairline.

If that round hit the larynx, why did it not wound the larynx?

The contusions/hematoma are consistent with a strike.

"Carrico: ""there were some contusions, [comma!] hematoma to the right of the larynx, [another comma!] with a minimal deviation of the larynx to the left"

Cliff

Would you please tell us where you obtained this quote of Dr. Carrico's? Is this from his Warren Commission testimony of March 25, 1964?

bump

Cliff

http://jfkassassination.net/russ/testimony/carrico1.htm

Cliff

Do you know what the date of this testimony of Carrico's is? I have testimony dated March 25, 1964, in which Specter questions Carrico. Looking at the two testimonies, the same ground is covered but they are definitely not the same testimonies.

Here is the quote from 25/03/64:

"Through the larynzo scope there seemed to be some hematoma around the larynx and immediately below the larynx was seen the ragged tracheal injury."

Not the same thing at all.

http://jfkassassination.net/russ/testimony/carrico2.htm

Edited by Robert Prudhomme

Cliff

Do you know what the date of this testimony of Carrico's is? I have testimony dated March 25, 1964, in which Specter questions Carrico. Looking at the two testimonies, the same ground is covered but they are definitely not the same testimonies.

Here is the quote from 25/03/64:

"Through the larynzo scope there seemed to be some hematoma around the larynx and immediately below the larynx was seen the ragged tracheal injury."

Not the same thing at all.

http://jfkassassination.net/russ/testimony/carrico2.htm

Mr. SPECTER - Dr. Carrico, have I made available to you a letter requesting your appearance on Monday, March 30, before the Commission, and do you acknowledge receipt of that?

Dr. CARRICO - I do.

Mr. SPECTER - And would it be possible for you to attend and testify at that time?

Dr. CARRICO - I certainly can.

Mr. SPECTER - Washington, D.C.

Dr. CARRICO - Yes.

Mr. SPECTER - Thank you very much, Dr. Carrico.

Dr. CARRICO - Yes, sir.

Edited by Cliff Varnell

And, of course, when I go to the "Alphabetical list of witnesses and testimony" found at http://jfkassassination.net/russ/wit.htmand go to the listing for "Carrico, Charles James" there are two listings; "WC Testimony 1" and then "2". I am assuming the "2" stands for "WC Testimony 2".

When I click on the "WC Testimony 1" I get this message:

Not Found

The requested URL /russ/carrico1.htm was not found on this server.

However, I can click on any other witness's WC testimony and their testimony pops up instantly. Strange, huh? This has happened a couple of other times, coincidentally, when debate was getting hot and heavy.

When I click on "2". I get Carrico's WC testimony from March 25, 1964. It contains the quote from my last post.

"No pulse was present, and at that time, because of the inadequate respirations and the apparent airway injury, a cuffed endotracheal tube was introduced, employing a larynzo scope. Through the larynzo scope there seemed to be some hematoma around the larynx and immediately below the larynx was seen the ragged tracheal injury. The endotracheal tube was inserted past this injury, the cuff inflated, and the tube was connected to a respirator to assist the inadequate respiration. At about this point the nurse reported that no blood pressure was obtained."

Obviously, Cliff Varnell is quoting from the "other" WC testimony of Dr. Carrico.

Cliff's, with no date http://jfkassassinat...ny/carrico1.htm

Mine, March 25, 1964 http://jfkassassinat...ny/carrico2.htm

The only clue I could find in the 25/03/64 WC testimony was right near the end:

"Mr. SPECTER - Dr. Carrico, have I made available to you a letter requesting your appearance on Monday, March 30, before the Commission, and do you acknowledge receipt of that?

Dr. CARRICO - I do.
Mr. SPECTER - And would it be possible for you to attend and testify at that time?
Dr. CARRICO - I certainly can.
Mr. SPECTER - Washington, D.C.
Dr. CARRICO - Yes.
Mr. SPECTER - Thank you very much, Dr. Carrico.
Dr. CARRICO - Yes, sir."

Everyone, please read the two testimonies, and then I would like someone to explain to me why Arlen Specter would take the complete testimony of Dr. Carrico at Parkland Hospital on March 25, 1964, only to take the exact same testimony again in Washington, DC five days later

BTW, I'm having a little trouble following you here, Cliff. If the projectile hit the larynx and got deflected downward to the T1 vertebra, but didn't leave a visible wound on the larynx, what made the wound in the throat at the level of the 2nd to 3rd rings of the trachea?

BTW, I'm having a little trouble following you here, Cliff. If the projectile hit the larynx and got deflected downward to the T1 vertebra, but didn't leave a visible wound on the larynx, what made the wound in the throat at the level of the 2nd to 3rd rings of the trachea?

Contusions aren't visible wounds?

No, a contusion is a bruise. No one remarked on any visible bruises on the larynx, nor any other marks on the surface of the skin over the larynx. The only mention of contusions and haematoma is from Carrico, and those were all seen internally via the laryngoscope he was using to guide insertion of the endotracheal tube.

Once again, how could the projectile or bullet hit the larynx, not break the skin and deflect downward and go on to hit the T1 vertebra, which was way inside the neck?

Do you know the difference between the larynx, Adam's apple and thyroid cartilage, Cliff?

Edited by Robert Prudhomme

You see, Cliff, no matter how you slice it, if the throat wound was an entrance wound, the bullet HAS to break the skin somewhere.

Now, we know the throat wound was directly over the trachea wound, as Perry cut through the middle of the throat wound to gain access to the trachea. He then performed a tracheotomy right where the tear in the trachea was.

As the tear in the trachea was between the 2nd and 3rd tracheal rings, below the thyroid cartilage, are you saying the bullet hit the thyroid cartilage, without leaving a dent, bruise or even discolouration on the skin, deflected almost 90° downward, broke through the skin at the 2nd/3rd tracheal ring level (turning 90° horizontal?), and tore through the right side of the trachea on its way to fracturing the T1 vertebra????

Seriously, Cliff? :help

No, a contusion is a bruise.

Which is an injury. Like broken blood vessels. Those are injuries as well.

No one remarked on any visible bruises on the larynx, nor any other marks on the surface of the skin over the larynx. The only mention of contusions and haematoma is from Carrico, and those were all seen internally via the laryngoscope he was using to guide insertion of the endotracheal tube.

He's the guy who had the best view!

C'mon, Bob, enough...