The Education Forum

There Was No Bullet Wound in John F. Kennedy's Throat

Ashton Gray

Goodbye, crazy person.

From a guy who claims broken blood vessels show contusions.

And the heart and lungs are on either side of the neck.

And people shot in the head bring their hands in front of their throat with a "quizzical" look on their face.

And on...and on...and on...

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sandy Larsen: "You're not suggesting that the tracheotomy incision ran up and down the throat, are you?"

Isn't that what Perry indicated?

<quote on>

In addition the presence of the wound indicated to me there was possibly an underlaying wound to the neck muscles in the neck, the carotid artery or the jugular vein. If you are going to control these it is necessary that the incision be as low, that is toward the heart or lungs as the wound if you are going to obtain adequate control.

Therefore, for expediency's sake I went directly to that level to obtain control of the airway.

<quote off>

How is a horizontal incision "low"? How could Perry obtain control of the airway, the neck muscles, and two major blood vessels unless it was a vertical incision?

How can hematoma have contusions?

Edited by Cliff Varnell

In conclusion let's take an inventory of the damage in JFK's neck based on the observations of Dr. Charles Carrico, and the HSCA analysis of the neck x-ray (declared authentic by David Mantik).:

1) Contusions in the larnyx

2) Hematoma to the right of the larnyx.

3) Larnyx slightly deviated to the left.

4) Damage on the right side of the trachea.

5) Hairline fracture of the right T1 transverse process.

6) Air pocket overlaying the right C7 and T1 transverse processes.

Edited by Cliff Varnell

In conclusion let's take an inventory of the damage in JFK's neck based on the observations of Dr. Charles Carrico, and the HSCA analysis of the neck x-ray (declared authentic by David Mantik).:

Cliff,

Your microanalysis of JFK's throat wound is intense. May I ask for your general conclusion about the origins of the JFK throat wound? Entry, exit, missile type, source -- what's your favorite theory?

Thanks,

--Paul

Cliff,

Your microanalysis of JFK's throat wound is intense. May I ask for your general conclusion about the origins of the JFK throat wound?

Shot from the front.

Entry,

Right side of the larnyx then deflected down.

exit,

No exit.

missile type,

We can only speculate.

source

We can only speculate.

-- what's your favorite theory?

Since the bullet holes in the clothes are too low to have been associated with the throat wound, the throat wound is established as an entrance.

There was a wound in the back at T3, no exit, no round recovered at the autopsy.

There was an entrance wound in his throat, no exit, no round recovered during the autopsy.

The central question in the JFK murder case: what happened to the rounds which caused the back and throat wounds?

The historical record indicates 2 possibilities: the rounds were removed prior to the autopsy, or the rounds were of a high tech variety which dissolved in the body, as per the speculation of the autopists the night of the autopsy.

David Lifton and Doug Horne work one side of that street, and I work the other.

Thanks,

--Paul

Edited by Cliff Varnell

It's funny you should ask that question, Paul. Now that I don't have Mr. Varnell as a distraction, I was just about to expound upon those very things. It will be a much more pleasurable experience without having to deal with Cliff's ramblings about dissolving bullets, rocket propelled darts and invisible bullet wounds.

It's funny you should ask that question, Paul. Now that I don't have Mr. Varnell as a distraction, I was just about to expound upon those very things. It will be a much more pleasurable experience without having to deal with Cliff's ramblings about dissolving bullets, rocket propelled darts and invisible bullet wounds.

Perry made a transverse cut in the throat wound so that when he made his vertical incision more skin could be opened.

It's clear that Perry made a vertical incision in order to gain access to the windpipe, the neck muscles, and two major blood vessels.

The incision was made in the direction of "the heart and lungs."

The trach tube was inserted below the entrance wound.

Pet Theorists despise the verifiable historical record.

It's funny you should ask that question, Paul...I was just about to expound upon those very things...

Robert.

By all means -- may I ask for your general conclusion about the origins of the JFK throat wound? Entry, exit, missile type, source -- what's your favorite theory?

Thanks,

--Paul

Edited by Paul Trejo

Of course, Paul.

The best indication, from everything I and Sandy Larsen have been able to find, is that two bullets hit JFK from behind, and these bullets originated from quite high up; possibly in the Dal-Tex Building.

It is hard to determine which shot hit him first but it appears one hit him in the upper back and entered the top of his right lung, and the other hit him near the top of the neck; a tangential wound that allowed the bullet to slide under the base of the back of the skull. This last shot would have ended up at cervical vertebrae C3/C4, and either a fragment or component of this bullet or a particle of bone exited JF's throat at the level of the 2nd/3rd tracheal rings.

Of course, there was also a third shot that hit JFK in the right front of his skull.

Edited by Robert Prudhomme

Of course, Paul.

The best indication, from everything I and Sandy Larsen have been able to find, is that two bullets hit JFK from behind, and these bullets originated from quite high up; possibly in the Dal-Tex Building.

It is hard to determine which shot hit him first but it appears one hit him in the upper back and entered the top of his right lung, and the other hit him near the top of the neck; a tangential wound that allowed the bullet to slide under the base of the back of the skull. This last shot would have ended up at cervical vertebrae C3/C4, and either a fragment or component of this bullet or a particle of bone exited JF's throat at the level of the 2nd/3rd tracheal rings.

Of course, there was also a third shot that hit JFK in the right front of his skull.

Mrs. Kennedy: ...I was looking this way, to the left, and I heard these terrible noises.

You know. And my husband never made any sound. So I turned to the right, and all

I remember is seeing my husband, he had this sort of quizzical look on his face,

and his hand was up, it must have been his left hand.

Getting shot in the head and shot in the back left him with a quizzical look on his face?

Goes with having contusions in blood, I guess...

Of course, Paul.

Robert,

So, then, you consider, along with David Lifton and Douglas Horne, that the reason these two back-and-neck bullets could never be found inside JFK's body is because they were removed prior to the Bethesda autopsy -- is that correct?

And as for the Parkland Hospital perception of a hole in the throat, what is your explanation for that, please?

Regards,

--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

Jerrol Custer, the Bethesda x-ray technician, stated in an interview with HSCA staff that the x-rays of JFK's neck he was shown were NOT the x-rays of the neck he recalled seeing, and that the neck x-rays he recalled showed "many fragments" in the vicinity of cervical vertebrae C3/C4. From this evidence, it is likely a bullet such as a frangible bullet, designed to break apart easily, was the kind of bullet that caused this wound; entering the upper neck just below the base of the skull.

If you would read my post more carefully, you would see that I stated a fragment or component of this bullet or a particle of bone carried on from the impact with the vertebrae and exited JFK's throat.

The lower bullet, if it was also a frangible bullet, would have entered JFK's right lung and stayed there; having disintegrated part way through the lung as it would be designed to do.

Edited by Robert Prudhomme

Jerrol Custer, the Bethesda x-ray technician, stated in an interview with HSCA staff that the x-rays of JFK's neck he was shown were NOT the x-rays of the neck he recalled seeing, and that the neck x-rays he recalled showed "many fragments" in the vicinity of cervical vertebrae C3/C4. From this evidence, it is likely a bullet such as a frangible bullet, designed to break apart easily, was the kind of bullet that caused this wound; entering the upper neck just below the base of the skull.

If you would read my post more carefully, you would see that I stated a fragment or component of this bullet or a particle of bone carried on from the impact with the vertebrae and exited JFK's throat.

The lower bullet, if it was also a frangible bullet, would have entered JFK's right lung and stayed there; having disintegrated part way through the lung as it would be designed to do.

Robert,

In your opinion, would the military surgeons and technicians at Bethesda Hospital have been familiar with the field behavior of frangible bullets -- such that they might suspect that in their futile search for bullet fragments, that the bullet causing JFK's back and neck wounds might have been of the frangible variety?

Regards,

--Paul Trejo