The Education Forum

E. Howard Hunt and Frank Sturgis in Miami

Just got a chance to read the Rolling Stone article about E. Howard Hunt...and it confirms my previous observations

that E. Howard Hunt and Frank Sturgis had a history going back to the early 1960's in Miami which also confirms what Marita Lorenz had been saying for years as well. It is about time that the primary deflector and cover up artist, Gordon Whineslow, be exposed for what he is, an agent provocateur and a deceptive prevaricator. Plus that means that Marita's observations and Gaeton Fonzi's and mine about the role of Jack Ruby in Miami as a gun runner for the Cuban exiles is also very accurate. Which puts an accurate spin on the prevarications and adulterations doled out by our resident CREEP expert, Timmy Gratz about Ruby. Putting Ruby and Hunt and Sturgis present independently at a CIA safe house in Miami in Grapeland Heights, according to me, then later together at a meeting in a Dallas motel according to Lorenz just before the murder of JFK kind of seals the deal kemo sabe? Why else would Sturgis perform drive by threats and stare downs unless he feared the truth emmanating from either Lorenz or myself? Even Hunt's son thought one of the 3 tramps was his Dad. And his son confirmed that his Dad was NOT AT HOME when JFK was shot dead. Plus Hunt admits The Miami Plot to Kill JFK as well using David Morales, putting to rest the Whineslow garbage about No Miami Plot at all. No one I personally know ever placed Morales in Dallas however. Quod Est Demonstratum.

Here is the Rolling Stone article citations...

Later that week, E. Howard also gave Saint two sheets of paper that contained a fuller narrative. It starts out with LBJ again, connecting him to Cord Meyer, then goes on: "Cord Meyer discusses a plot with [David Atlee] Phillips who brings in Wm. Harvey and Antonio Veciana. He meets with Oswald in Mexico City. . . . Then Veciana meets w/ Frank Sturgis in Miami and enlists David Morales in anticipation of killing JFK there. But LBJ changes itinerary to Dallas, citing personal reasons."

David Atlee Phillips, the CIA's Cuban operations chief in Miami at the time of JFK's death, knew E. Howard from the Guatemala-coup days. Veciana is a member of the Cuban exile community. Sturgis, like Saint's father, is supposed to have been one of the three tramps photographed in Dealey Plaza. Sturgis was also one of the Watergate plotters, and he is a man whom E. Howard, under oath, has repeatedly sworn to have not met until Watergate, so to Saint the mention of his name was big news.

In the next few paragraphs, E. Howard goes on to describe the extent of his own involvement. It revolves around a meeting he claims he attended, in 1963, with Morales and Sturgis. It takes place in a Miami hotel room. Here's what happens:

Morales leaves the room, at which point Sturgis makes reference to a "Big Event" and asks E. Howard,

"Are you with us?"

E. Howard asks Sturgis what he's talking about.

Sturgis says, "Killing JFK."

E. Howard, "incredulous," says to Sturgis, "You seem to have everything you need. Why do you need me?" In the handwritten narrative, Sturgis' response is unclear, though what E. Howard says to Sturgis next isn't: He says he won't "get involved in anything involving Bill Harvey, who is an alcoholic psycho." After that, the meeting ends. E. Howard goes back to his "normal" life and "like the rest of the country . . . is stunned by JFK's death and realizes how lucky he is not to have had a direct role."

Yeah, right. Don't believe that for a second. Well Bill Harvey was perhaps part of The Miami Plot along with David Morales but they were both out of the picture by Dallas IMHO. And that also puts to rest the theory that Morales was a key man from start to finish, but I could be wrong about that. Mary Ferrell's informant said nothing about Morales

in Dallas either. Unless someone else has somthing else to the contrary or a reliable informant to the contrary then the jury is still out on Morales in Dallas.

Here is St. John Hunt on his father in Rolling Stone just in case anyone is having trouble with the concept of Hunt and Rockwell and Vonsiatsky hitting it off as early as the time frame betwee 1936-1940 when they were all students at Brown University... Hunt and Rockwell obtained undergraduate degrees and Vonsiatsky was enrolled as a special student there taking the equivalent of English as a Second Language according to Martha Mitchell the Brown Archivist from a few years back. He lived about 25 miles away in Putnam, CT and drove down Route 44 in a 1937 Pierce Arrow open limo dressed in full Nazi regalia according to John J. Stephan in The Russian Fascists to attend Brown football games and get rip roaring drunk. Guess that caused Hunt and Rockwell to notice him since he regularly tore down the goalposts after Brown University games. And both Hunt and Rockwell were at Brown during at least a portion of that timeframe.

Back to Rolling Stone...

Howard said, "Deaths? What deaths?" Like Saint says, he never felt guilt about anything: "He was a complete self-centered WASP who saw himself as this blue blood from upstate New York. 'I'm better than anybody because I'm white, Protestant and went to Brown, and since I'm in the CIA, I can do anything I want.' Jew, n**ger, Polack, Wop -- he used all those racial epithets. He was an elitist. He hated everybody."

And as far as the Rockwell mentor Gerald L K Smith:

"The Kennedys are nothing but whore mongering, whisky swigging fake Catholics, who want to take away this

country from the White, Christian Patriots like you and me and hand it over on a silver platter to the N**gers, Kikes, Wops and Spics."

Wow and Evica called this A Certain Arrogance? More like A Certain Impudence and Certain Master Race Supremacist to me.

Edited by John Bevilaqua

E. Howard Hunt, Agent Who Organized Botched Watergate Break-In, Dies at 88

By TIM WEINER

Published: January 24, 2007

E. Howard Hunt, a cold warrior for the Central Intelligence Agency who left the spy service in disillusionment, joined the Nixon White House as a secret agent and bungled the break-in at the Watergate that brought the president down in disgrace, died Tuesday in Miami. He was 88.

Mike Lien/The New York Times

E. Howard Hunt in 1973.

His death, at North Shore Medical Center, was caused by pneumonia, said his wife, Laura.

“This fellow Hunt,” President Richard M. Nixon muttered a few days after the June 1972 break-in, “he knows too damn much.”

That was Howard Hunt’s burden: he was entrusted with too many secret missions. His career at the C.I.A. was destroyed by the disastrous invasion of Cuba at the Bay of Pigs in 1961, and his time as Nixon’s master of dirty tricks ended with his arrest in the Watergate case. He served 33 months in prison for burglary, conspiracy and wiretapping and emerged a broken man.

“I am crushed by the failure of my government to protect me and my family as in the past it has always done for its clandestine agents,” Mr. Hunt told the Senate committee investigating the Watergate affair in 1973, when he faced a provisional prison sentence of 35 years. “I cannot escape feeling that the country I have served for my entire life and which directed me to carry out the Watergate entry is punishing me for doing the very things it trained and directed me to do.”

He was a high-spirited 30-year-old novelist who aspired to wealth and power when he joined the C.I.A. in 1949. He set out to live the life he had imagined for himself, a glamorous career as a spy. But Mr. Hunt was never much of a spy. He did not conduct classic espionage operations in order to gather information. His field was political warfare: dirty tricks, sabotage and propaganda.

When he left the C.I.A. in 1970 after a decidedly checkered career, he had become a world-weary cynic. Trading on the thin veneer of a reputation in the clandestine service, he won a job as a $100-a-day “security consultant” at the Nixon White House in 1971.

In that role, he conducted break-ins and burglaries in the name of national security. He drew no distinction between orchestrating a black-bag job at a foreign embassy in Mexico City and wiretapping the Democratic National Committee’s headquarters at the Watergate complex. He recognized no lawful limit on presidential power, convinced that “when the president does it,” as Nixon once said, “that means it is not illegal.” Mr. Hunt and the nation found out otherwise.

Mr. Hunt was intelligent, erudite, suave and loyal to his friends. But the record shows that he mishandled many of the tasks he received from the C.I.A. and the White House. He was “totally self-absorbed, totally amoral and a danger to himself and anybody around him,” Samuel F. Hart, a retired United States ambassador who first met him in Uruguay in the 1950s, said in a State Department oral history.

“As far as I could tell, Howard went from one disaster to another,” Mr. Hart said, “until he hit Watergate.”

Everette Howard Hunt Jr. was born in Hamburg, N.Y., on Oct. 9, 1918, the son of a lawyer and a classically trained pianist who played church organ. He graduated from Brown University in June 1940 and entered the United States Naval Academy as a midshipman in February 1941.

He worked as a wartime intelligence officer in China, a postwar spokesman for the Marshall Plan in Paris and a screenwriter in Hollywood. Warner Brothers had just bought his fourth novel, “Bimini Run,” a thriller set in the Caribbean, when he joined the fledgling C.I.A. in April 1949.

Mr. Hunt was immediately assigned to train C.I.A. recruits in political and psychological warfare, fields in which he was a rank amateur, like most of his colleagues. He moved to Mexico City, where he became chief of station in 1950. He brought along another rookie C.I.A. officer, William F. Buckley Jr., later a prominent conservative author and publisher, who became godfather and guardian to the four children of Mr. Hunt and his wife, the former Dorothy L. Wetzel.

In 1954, Mr. Hunt helped plan the covert operation that overthrew the elected president of Guatemala, Jacobo Arbenz. “What we wanted to do was to have a terror campaign,” Mr. Hunt said in a CNN documentary on the cold war, “to terrify Arbenz particularly, to terrify his troops.” Though the operation succeeded, it ushered in 40 years of military repression in Guatemala.

By the time of the coup, Mr. Hunt had been removed from responsibility. He moved on to uneventful stints in Japan and Uruguay. Not until 1960 was Mr. Hunt involved in an operation that changed history.

The C.I.A. had received orders from both President Dwight D. Eisenhower and his successor, President John F. Kennedy, to alter or abolish the revolutionary government of Fidel Castro in Cuba. Mr. Hunt’s assignment was to create a provisional Cuban government that would be ready to take power once the C.I.A.’s cadre of Cuban shock troops invaded the island. He fared no better than the paramilitary planners who had vowed to defeat Mr. Castro’s 60,000-man army with a 1,500-strong brigade.

The careers of the American intelligence officers who planned and executed the Bay of Pigs debacle in April 1961 were damaged or destroyed, as was the C.I.A.’s reputation for derring-do. Mr. Hunt spent most of the 1960s carrying out desultory propaganda tasks at the agency, among them running news services and subsidizing books that fell stillborn from the press.

He funneled his talent into writing paperback spy novels. His works followed a formula of sex and intrigue but offered flashes of insight. “We become lawless in a struggle for the rule of law — semi-outlaws who risk their lives to put down the savagery of others,” says the author’s alter ego, Peter Ward, in the novel “Hazardous Duty.”

He retired from the C.I.A. in 1970 and secured a job with an agency-connected public relations firm in Washington. Then, a year later, came a call from the White House. A fellow Brown alumnus, Charles W. Colson, special counsel to President Nixon, hired Mr. Hunt to carry out acts of political warfare. Within weeks, Mr. Hunt was in charge of a subterranean department of dirty tricks.

He went back to C.I.A. headquarters, requesting false identification, a red wig, a voice-altering device and a tiny camera. He then burglarized the Beverly Hills office of a psychiatrist treating Dr. Daniel J. Ellsberg, a former national-security aide who had leaked a copy of the Pentagon Papers, a classified history of the Vietnam War, to The New York Times. Mr. Hunt was looking for information to discredit Mr. Ellsberg. When the break-in became public knowledge two years later, the federal case against Mr. Ellsberg on charges of leaking classified information was dismissed.

Mr. Hunt, in league with another recently retired C.I.A. officer and four Cuban Bay of Pigs veterans, then led a break-in at the offices of the Democratic National Committee at the Watergate complex to bug the telephone lines. The job was botched, and the team went in again to remove the taps. The burglars were arrested on the night of June 17, 1972. One had Mr. Hunt’s name and a White House telephone number in his address book, a classic failure of espionage tradecraft that proved the first thread of the web that ensnarled the president.

The final blow that drove Nixon from office was one of the secret White House recordings he made — the “smoking gun” tape — in which he vowed to order the C.I.A. to shut down the federal investigation of the Watergate break-in on spurious national-security grounds. By the time Nixon resigned in August 1974, Mr. Hunt was a federal prisoner.

His life was in ruins: his wife had been killed in a plane crash in 1972, his legal fees approached $1 million, he had suffered a stroke, and whatever illusions he once had that his government would protect him were shattered. Standing before the judge who imprisoned him, he said he was “alone, nearly friendless, ridiculed, disgraced, destroyed as a man.”

Freed from prison just before his 60th birthday, Mr. Hunt moved to Miami, where he met and married his second wife, Laura, a schoolteacher, and started a second family. Besides his wife, he is survived by the two daughters and two sons from his first marriage: Lisa Hunt of Las Vegas, Kevan Hunt Spence of Pioneer, Calif., Howard St. John Hunt of Eureka, Calif., and David Hunt of Los Angeles; two children from his second marriage, Austin and Hollis, both of Miami; seven grandchildren; and three great-grandchildren.

Mr. Hunt’s last book, “American Spy: My Secret History in the C.I.A., Watergate and Beyond,” written with Greg Aunapu, is to be published on March 16 with a foreword by his old friend William F. Buckley Jr.

Late in life, he said he had no regrets, beyond the Bay of Pigs.

John B wrote:

Just got a chance to read the Rolling Stone article about E. Howard Hunt...and it confirms my previous observations

that E. Howard Hunt and Frank Sturgis had a history going back to the early 1960's in Miami which also confirms what Marita Lorenz had been saying for years as well. It is about time that the primary deflector and cover up artist, Gordon Whineslow, be exposed for what he is, an agent provocateur and a deceptive prevaricator. Plus that means that Marita's observations and Gaeton Fonzi's and mine about the role of Jack Ruby in Miami as a gun runner for the Cuban exiles is also very accurate. Which puts an accurate spin on the prevarications and adulterations doled out by our resident CREEP expert, Timmy Gratz about Ruby. Putting Ruby and Hunt and Sturgis present independently at a CIA safe house in Miami in Grapeland Heights, according to me, then later together at a meeting in a Dallas motel according to Lorenz just before the murder of JFK kind of seals the deal kemo sabe? Why else would Sturgis perform drive by threats and stare downs unless he feared the truth emmanating from either Lorenz or myself? Even Hunt's son thought one of the 3 tramps was his Dad. And his son confirmed that his Dad was NOT AT HOME when JFK was shot dead. Plus Hunt admits The Miami Plot to Kill JFK as well using David Morales, putting to rest the Whineslow garbage about No Miami Plot at all. No one I personally know ever placed Morales in Dallas however. Quod Est Demonstratum.

Your ignorance is exceeded only by your arrogance.

Obviously you never bothered to read Hunt's book or you would know it directly contradicts his supposed interview. Hunt is a xxxx and a perjurer. Who can know which of his stories to believe?

But your calling Gordon Winslow "Gordon Whineslow" is typical. You have the debating skills of a six year old.

You do not even know that Gaeton Fonzi disbelieves everything Lorenz says. Nor do you know, apparently, that Mr Fonzi is a close friend of Gordon Winslow.

"No one I know personally ever placed Morales in Dallas. . ." Well, I guess that cinches it then! Why don't you tell us who was in Dallas, since apparently the people you know personally know who was andw ho was not there.

Later that week, E. Howard also gave Saint two sheets of paper that contained a fuller narrative. It starts out with LBJ again, connecting him to Cord Meyer, then goes on: "Cord Meyer discusses a plot with [David Atlee] Phillips who brings in Wm. Harvey and Antonio Veciana. He meets with Oswald in Mexico City. . . . Then Veciana meets w/ Frank Sturgis in Miami and enlists David Morales in anticipation of killing JFK there. But LBJ changes itinerary to Dallas, citing personal reasons."

And how pray tell does E Howard Hunt claim to know that LBJ plotted with Cord Meyer who then brought Phillips into the plan?

Another problem with the RS article as I recall is that it has Harvey recruiting Rosselli into the plot againt Castro. That is not at all how it went down.

And the alleged Phillips meeting with Oswald happened in Dallas not in Mexico City.

IMO it sounds like someone trying to concoct a story based on reading some of the assassination books and materials but then getting some facts confused.

To John B:

Putting Ruby and Hunt and Sturgis present independently at a CIA safe house in Miami in Grapeland Heights, according to me,

"According to me". Are you stating that you personally saw Ruby, Hunt and Sturgis at a CIA safe house in the Grapeland Heights area of Miami?

I don't think you have posted that story here. If you haven't, can you? If true it is of course a very important story!

Mr. and Mrs. Gratz didden raise no fools

To John B:

Putting Ruby and Hunt and Sturgis present independently at a CIA safe house in Miami in Grapeland Heights, according to me,

"According to me". Are you stating that you personally saw Ruby, Hunt and Sturgis at a CIA safe house in the Grapeland Heights area of Miami?

I don't think you have posted that story here. If you haven't, can you? If true it is of course a very important story!

I can see that Mr. and Mrs. Gratz didden raise no fools! Get the picture? Yes, we see!

Edited by John Bevilaqua

Not exactly.

And how pray tell does E Howard Hunt claim to know that LBJ plotted with Cord Meyer who then brought Phillips into the plan?

Another problem with the RS article as I recall is that it has Harvey recruiting Rosselli into the plot againt Castro. That is not at all how it went down.

And the alleged Phillips meeting with Oswald happened in Dallas not in Mexico City.

IMO it sounds like someone trying to concoct a story based on reading some of the assassination books and materials but then getting some facts confused.

Not exactly. If there was one meeting between them confirmed, then another meeting could have happened, too.

Neither of us was there as far as I can tell. You are contradicting E. Howard Hunt as if YOU have better info

and as if YOU were old enough at the time to contradict him? Are you like dreaming or delusional? You were

about 14 years old and still in diapers. How does E. Howard Hunt know anything? He knew almost everything!

The dude was part of the Miami plot and his son thinks he was the short tramp in Dallas and so do I...

Hunt attended Brown University from 1936-1940 along with George Lincoln Rockwell from 1938-1940 and Anastase

Vonsiatsky who drove his 1937 Pierce Arrow down Route 44 to Brown where he was a student of English as a

2nd language in the late 1930's. You think they did not know each other? Now THAT is a story! And they all got

together with William F. Buckley, Jr. later on for one reason or another and somehow... somehow... Richard Condon

figured this all out or had a vewwy well placed informant. How did Condon know? Ozzie Osborne still wants to know.

And so do I. John Roy Carlson perhaps. Rockwell, Hunt and Vonsiatsky probably got sloshed together and sang

the Horst Wessel song together back in Putnam, CT only 25 miles away. And Buckley dropped by for a smoke.

There is a 78 RPM recording of Vonsiatsky and friends singing the Horst Wessel song in Putnam. What if a soundtrack

analysis showed it was Rockwell and Hunt? Far out huh? Wonder when it was made? Anyone have a soundtrack of

Hunt or Rockwell?

Edited by John Bevilaqua

Liberty Lobby vs. E. Howard Hunt was a dangerous game of cat and mouse.

Some members of the CIA figured out what the Liberty Lobby donors and affiliates had done in

the JFK hit and other hits, like those from The Pioneer Fund, The John Birch Society, The Congress

of Freedom and others so The Liberty Lobby just wanted the CIA to know that they had also figured

out portions of what either current or former members of the CIA had done in the JFK hit. The

lawsuit was just to create a stalemate between the underground Far Right and the CIA Far Right, to

answer everyone's questions. We get to snuff integrationists, and Civil Rights leaders and Freedom

Riders and you get to snuff your Commies and your dictators and the other Eugenics targets, too.

We know about MKULTRA and your programmed assassins from Col. Ulius Amoss through Ray S. Cline

so don't play all high and mighty with us. We can use Byron DeLa Beckwith types for our projects or

Sam Bowers types or William Potter Gale or whomever we want. Did you forget that Dr. Hans J.

Eysenck was paid by BOTH The Pioneer Fund AND by your MKULTRA H. Smith Richardson Projects,

too?