The Education Forum

Senator Dodd ordered a Mannlicher-Carcano rifle

Terry Adams

"Senator Thomas Dodd had at least one Mannlicher-Carcano rifle ordered in the name of Lee Harvey Oswald or Alek Hidell in September 1963." One of the "facts" that Peter posted that were made by George Michael Evica. This is the first that I have heard of this. Was this just Mr. Evica's opinion or is there documentation of such an act on the part of Senator Dodd?

"Senator Thomas Dodd had at least one Mannlicher-Carcano rifle ordered in the name of Lee Harvey Oswald or Alek Hidell in September 1963." One of the "facts" that Peter posted that were made by George Michael Evica. This is the first that I have heard of this. Was this just Mr. Evica's opinion or is there documentation of such an act on the part of Senator Dodd?

There is in fact documentation. It may be found in the Evica archives, which in due course will be ordered and made accessible via a host to be determined.

Ok, write another. Today i'll be a xxxxx.

Evica is not the only one to have talked of this, but was the first (We are all mortal? or in the 3rd Decade?).

The documentation should be the one referred to the House UnAmerican Activities Committee and Senate's Juvenile Delinquency subcommittee, hope there are archives in the Us.

They conducted private investigations also on some interesting groups... FPCC?

I founded documentation that proves another point of Evica, and others, the link to Cuba weapons smugglin and to Interarmco.

So, why not to believe to the rest?

The only point that make me doubt a little, is the fact Dodd was irish origin, democrat, catholic.

And he was fired in the middle 60's... some strange happening for a man allegedly involved in the Jfk assassination, or not?

Edited by Accogli Claudio

Well, if Peter wrote wjhat Terry said he had it wrong. Now Charles (in another thread, unfortunately) has posted an article from "Assassination Chronicles" summarizing Evica's writing about the Dodd committee and the M-C rifle. Evica wrote that he had two "unimpeachable sources" that Dodd had ordered a M-C rifle, not in September of 1963 but "sometime in 1963" (a rather significant distinction) in the name of Lee Harvey Oswald or his alias. Unfortunately Evica did not name his sources. Evica speculates (and it is indeed speculation) that LHO may have been manipulated even to purchase a rifle using his alias but his own mail box by being told he was working on a federal investigation.

I suggest that with the consent of whoever is necessary the moderators delete this thread so we do not have a duplicity of threads on this relatively narrow issue.

• 2 months later...

James DiEugenio fingers Chris Dodd as the main force behind the choice of Blakey to head up the HSCA after the departure of Sprague, who was serious. Blakey was a CIA

collaborator. This was when Chris was a Congressman from Connecticut.

Lisa Pease took this a cue to write two articles on Dodd's dad, Sen. Thomas Dodd. DiEugenio might be biased, but he calls these article"the most penetrating

and comprehensive examination of thomas Dodd... and his possible actions in the Oswald affair, his ties to the CIA, and his hatred of John Kennedy(Probe Vol3 Nos. 5&6)

I would like to read these articles, but they are probably hard to get. Anyone read these? Anyone have notes that they care to share. Can anyone at least summarize the high points?

Edited by Nathaniel Heidenheimer

• 2 years later...

James DiEugenio fingers Chris Dodd as the main force behind the choice of Blakey to head up the HSCA after the departure of Sprague, who was serious. Blakey was a CIA

collaborator. This was when Chris was a Congressman from Connecticut.

Lisa Pease took this a cue to write two articles on Dodd's dad, Sen. Thomas Dodd. DiEugenio might be biased, but he calls these article"the most penetrating

and comprehensive examination of thomas Dodd... and his possible actions in the Oswald affair, his ties to the CIA, and his hatred of John Kennedy(Probe Vol3 Nos. 5&6)

I would like to read these articles, but they are probably hard to get. Anyone read these? Anyone have notes that they care to share. Can anyone at least summarize the high points?

Yea, Jim,

Is Lisa's article on Sen. Thomas Dodd from July/Aug. 96' issue of Probe available on line?

Thanks,

BK

Actually I don't think it is.

It was one of the things we were going to include in a second volume of the book.

Thomas Dodd was a real piece of work. He went at it with JFK over the Congo early on. That is in my article "Kennedy vs. Dodd and Dulles in Africa" which is online.

CLick here

http://www.ctka.net/pr199-africa.html

I actually thought the above article was one of the best things I ever wrote for Probe. Especially since hardly anyone ever knew about this early confrontation between JFK and the CIA and the Power Elite.

If you want te know who Kennedy really was, read it. You will have a lot of myths and preconceptions dispelled.

Jim,

Do you think you can post Lisa's article on Dodd at your site or here?

Thanks,

BK