The Education Forum

Symington: I saw a UFO in the Arizona sky

Michael Hogan

Jack take a look at the Voice article Mike linked, it makes a strong (though far from conclusive) case that the lights were planes (or at least individual objects). It contradicts several of your points. And speaking of evidence can YOU site any to support your claims? Don’t expect me to debate this topic with you any further it is only of marginal interest to me, the main reason for my initial post was to point out the (probably coincidental) similarities between Symington and Goldwater.

Translation: My idea of a strong (though far from conclusive) case that the lights were planes is a young boy with a telescope claiming that he saw airplanes through his telescope. Never mind how unlikely that would be, it's the only article I read and it's all the information I have. Since I was too lazy to fact check for myself, I expect you to do it for me even though I'm not going to debate you any further. I know I would lose. So I'll claim that the subject is of marginal interest to me. The purpose of my original post was to cast aspersions on Symington's character and insinuate that he imagined the whole thing.

That qualifies as "especially egregious or obnoxious"

From the Voice article

But what rarely gets reported is that the famous vee was also solved quite early. First of all, contrary to what you usually hear, there was a videotape made of the vee. I saw it after questioning the person who shot it (he also shot the 10 pm flares over the Estrella), and the video quite clearly shows the lights moving in relation to each other, rather than as lights on a solid object.

The human eye, however, seeing point sources of light in a dark Arizona sky, will tend to fill in the space between the lights in a contrast effect—convincing the eyewitness that he’s seen a solid object. Again, however, videotape of the ‘vee’ clearly showed that this was not the case.

(My personal favorite of all the accounts that night is a sighting that was convincing proof that the “vee” was not solid. A man saw it pass directly over the face of the Moon, and instead of a solid object, he saw five contrails pass over the Moon, making the Moon look blurry. Now, instead of concluding that he’d seen five planes flying in formation with their exhaust plumes plainly showing against the Moon, he instead insisted that the “captain” flying the alien triangular craft had turned it transparent just at the right moment so that he could see the Moon through it!)

So I guess now you're going to claim that something you posted isn't credible?

"The purpose of my original post was to cast aspersions on Symington's character and insinuate that he imagined the whole thing"

I never said anything along those lines, if are resorting to strawmen you'e getting desperate

Edited by Len Colby

Guest David Guyatt
Jack take a look at the Voice article Mike linked, it makes a strong (though far from conclusive) case that the lights were planes (or at least individual objects). It contradicts several of your points. And speaking of evidence can YOU site any to support your claims? Don’t expect me to debate this topic with you any further it is only of marginal interest to me, the main reason for my initial post was to point out the (probably coincidental) similarities between Symington and Goldwater.

Translation: My idea of a strong (though far from conclusive) case that the lights were planes is a young boy with a telescope claiming that he saw airplanes through his telescope. Never mind how unlikely that would be, it's the only article I read and it's all the information I have. Since I was too lazy to fact check for myself, I expect you to do it for me even though I'm not going to debate you any further. I know I would lose. So I'll claim that the subject is of marginal interest to me. The purpose of my original post was to cast aspersions on Symington's character and insinuate that he imagined the whole thing.

Michael,

I don't beleive in UFO's - but I do completely believe in your "translation".

As Oscar Wilde once said to poet Laurence Whistler, "I wish I'd said that".

Delightful.

David