The Education Forum

Clinton Library Offers Peek At UFO Files

Mark Knight

This thread is certainly getting off the topic of JFK but that IMO is due to its genesis.

Granted the person calling for the release of the UFO tapes also requested release of the JFK tapes and Bill posted a pertinent comment that UFO stories appear to generate a lot more media coverage than stories about the assassination but then Kathleen writes a post stating that if UFOS exist Jesus did not exist nor did the Trinity and on we go.

IMO it would have been better off had this thread never been started.

And then Kathleen creates a NEW thread about the death of a lady who claimed she had an affair with Bush I. Way off topic, IMO. The moderators ought to nip these things in the bud. They clutter up the serious research and meaningful debate that sometimes appears in these pages.

Edited by Tim Gratz

Wednesday and Thursday there was quite a bit of coverage of the Clinton/UFO issues on American tv.

Far more so than the assassination usually gets!!

Around 1993 while we were having a major COPA conference in DC, the DOD released the Bluebook files and a special report by an Army unit, a few members of which then visited the COPA conference.

A few years ago, when I began to call for Congressional Hearings on the JFK Act, the same group who recently did a gig at the National Press Club with military, FAA and other officials speaking on behalf of UFOs got total CSPAN coverage for their UFO conference, and COPA got nothing.

Then we had one COPA conference in DC and when I got there I was surprised to see TV cameras and satalite dishes set up and thought we were finally getting some coverage when it turned out they were there for another conference, the National Society of Gay and Lesbian Journalists, and George Steponapolis - Gratz can correct the spelling - was the featured speaker who got all the publicity.

Now, in still attempting to drum up interest in Congressional oversight hearings of the JFK Act, the news comming out of DC is that the UFOers want Congerssional Hearings on UFOs and the Republicans are calling for the opening of the Clinton White House files so they can rummage through Hillary's Health Commission files.

Why no interest in the fact that JFK's Daily Briefing reports are still being with held from the public? Or that the JFK Assassination Records Act still has not had oversight hearings fifteen years after it was passed? Or that the CIA still won't abide by the act and is in court to keep from doing so?

Oh, well, I guess UFOs and Hillary's dirty laundry are more important.

BK

Good post Bill. I have a few thoughts on what you said.

1] While I think there are some aspects of not-yet-identified-objects-that-fly that need exploration and explication, I agree they should not trump the JFK Assassination or 9/11 et al. The government plays with them as part of their Bread and Circus act. IMO...to keep people from looking at the really important things [not that I think 'ufo's' are without some lesser order of importance to explore, as mentioned elsewhere - but not likely extra-terrestrail...rather covert craft and technology from Earth].

2] The idea of extraterrestrials is very appealing to a confused and discouraged populace. They would have, if they exist, have lived millions or billions of years longer than our civilazation, and I imagine most would hope they'd thus have some 'answers' to the mysteries of life, existance and the universe...i.e. substitutes for religion - or trumping religion....which leaves them still with the questions unanswered.

3] People love a mystery, and here we need to use this love for JFK, RFK, MLK and and 9/11 et al. Sadly the Govt. plays up the mystery on 'UFOs' and tries to say there is none on the real mysteries of the assassinations.

4] UFOs and those interested in them are used by the propaganda machinery to cast general doubts on anyone who sees a conspiracy or cover-up of anything....ironic as they are the very ones involved in the cover-ups of the conspiracies...but this is the reality we must deal with.

5] Sadly, Americans [and others in other cultures too] are all too much involved in the glamor/glitter/scandal/sex/star/junk news and not the political news. This is encouraged by the purposeful history and political vacuum in schools and media and to keep the average person's noses out of what the oligarchy and their minions feel is their soverign turf....manipulation of things via a few overt and many covert operations.

6] Some awareness of the above may help us to work around and past this sad state of things.

3] People love a mystery, and here we need to use this love for JFK, RFK, MLK and and 9/11 et al. Sadly the Govt. plays up the mystery on 'UFOs' and tries to say there is none on the real mysteries of the assassinations.

4] UFOs and those interested in them are used by the propaganda machinery to cast general doubts on anyone who sees a conspiracy or cover-up of anything....ironic as they are the very ones involved in the cover-ups of the conspiracies...but this is the reality we must deal with.

5] Sadly, Americans [and others in other cultures too] are all too much involved in the glamor/glitter/scandal/sex/star/junk news and not the political news. This is encouraged by the purposeful history and political vacuum in schools and media and to keep the average person's noses out of what the oligarchy and their minions feel is their soverign turf....manipulation of things via a few overt and many covert operations.

6] Some awareness of the above may help us to work around and past this sad state of things.

Excellent appraisal, Pete.

There are no bloody, damned UFO's, only gov't cover ups for whatever new fangled contraption they're interested in spending the taxpayers' hard earned cash pursuing in the name of their utterly ridiculous defense program. Americans are hard-boiled idiots, raised on too much Hollyweird fluff and bull-puckey. We know it. When are they going to get their heads out of that proverbial place where "the sun don't shine," and wake up to the facts of REAL life?

There are no bloody, damned UFO's, only gov't cover ups for whatever new fangled contraption they're interested in spending the taxpayers' hard earned cash pursuing in the name of their utterly ridiculous defense program. Americans are hard-boiled idiots, raised on too much Hollyweird fluff and bull-puckey. We know it. When are they going to get their heads out of that proverbial place where "the sun don't shine," and wake up to the facts of REAL life?

I disagree in part because I saw 2 UFOs, once with a small crowd of people and once alone and very near to me physically. I believe what I saw last was our technology. What I saw first was some kind of hologram projected against the sky, in my opinion. It was definitely playing with us and scaring us. And the police lied when they told us it was a weather balloon.

Bill Kelly brought up that Kennedy's Daily Briefs haven't been declassified. Why?

Kathy

I disagree in part because I saw 2 UFOs, once with a small crowd of people and once alone and very near to me physically. I believe what I saw last was our technology. What I saw first was some kind of hologram projected against the sky, in my opinion. It was definitely playing with us and scaring us. And the police lied when they told us it was a weather balloon.

Bill Kelly brought up that Kennedy's Daily Briefs haven't been declassified. Why?

Kathy

"I disagree in part because I saw 2 UFOs..."

You need to substantiate these claims, otherwise that's all they are, or ever will be.

I thought I saw one once, in 1976, looking through some long-range binoculars, in broad daylight, at 16:30 hrs PDT hovering over Coldwater Canyon, but nothing was showing up on the radar at L.A.X., and it might've been something I was smoking at the time, for all I know.

But, later on in 1983, while watching some late night show on T.V. that dealt with U.F.O.'s, there was a drawing depicting the same "spinning-top" like shape, I had witnessed that autumn afternoon hovering over Coldwater Canyon, but it was a mere sketch that could've been taken off the drawing board at Andrews Air Force base, where this contraption had apparently been sighted.

The data was inconclusive, and after having read a book David Lifton had lent me on the "Majestic" project, I came to believe that the gov't will hide behind the auspices of Project "Bluebook" as a way of covering up their own tracks with regard to any highly classified project they may be working on.

Take it or leave it.

"I disagree in part because I saw 2 UFOs..."[/color]

You need to substantiate these claims, otherwise that's all they are, or ever will be.

I don't think I can verify my claims. No one would believe me. The policeman who took the phonecall that August night is probably dead by now. I don't remember the names of my neighbors. I only lived there a year. I do remember my best friends who witnessed this with me. Their names were Lawrence. I don't remember their mother or father's name. The kids were Cathy, Patty, Richie and Brian Lawrence. Palisades Park, NJ. 1967.

My mother left my father that October. We snuck back to the house to get our stuff one day. I went to my friends' house and there were other people living there. No forwarding address. I think the mother left the father, as he was a violent alcoholic like mine. Both families disappeared into the blue. I don't remember the date of the UFO sighting. The second one I saw was metallic and was about 10 feet away from me. I could have touched it with a broom. I stared at that Goddamned thing to memorize it. Then it began to fade into the blue sky, seemingly without moving, until I couldn't see it anymore.

Kathy

"I disagree in part because I saw 2 UFOs..."[/color]

I don't think I can verify my claims. No one would believe me. The policeman who took the phonecall that August night is probably dead by now. I don't remember the names of my neighbors. I only lived there a year. I do remember my best friends who witnessed this with me. Their names were Lawrence. I don't remember their mother or father's name. The kids were Cathy, Patty, Richie and Brian Lawrence. Palisades Park, NJ. 1967.

My mother left my father that October. We snuck back to the house to get our stuff one day. I went to my friends' house and there were other people living there. No forwarding address. I think the mother left the father, as he was a violent alcoholic like mine. Both families disappeared into the blue. I don't remember the date of the UFO sighting. The second one I saw was metallic and was about 10 feet away from me. I could have touched it with a broom. I stared at that Goddamned thing to memorize it. Then it began to fade into the blue sky, seemingly without moving, until I couldn't see it anymore.

Kathy

"The second one I saw was metallic and was about 10 feet away from me. I could have touched it with a broom. I stared at that Goddamned thing to memorize it. Then it began to fade into the blue sky, seemingly without moving, until I couldn't see it anymore."

A lot of things can happen in a child's mind after suffering abuse at the hands of an alcoholic parent, and being forced to run like a thief in the night from their home in self protection.