The Education Forum

Man with Rifle

I agree with Robin's take - that appears to be Kennedy's head on the seatback of the jumpseat. Jackie is crouched behind, and Connally is erect, but leaning over towards Nellie's side. Kennedy's head appears to have signs of the damage indicated by the Parkland doctors.

I also see the outline Robin.

- lee

I agree with Robin's take - that appears to be Kennedy's head on the seatback of the jumpseat. Jackie is crouched behind, and Connally is erect, but leaning over towards Nellie's side. Kennedy's head appears to have signs of the damage indicated by the Parkland doctors.

- lee

Outline more noticeable here - Robin, what's your take on that flower-like object? ?

- lee

- lee

Outline more noticeable here - Robin, what's your take on that flower-like object? ?

- lee

Nice image Lee.

Not sure which flower "area" in Miller you are reffering to Lee.

Quote:

Robin,

The December 14, 1963 issue of the Saturday Evening Post has a much better reproduction of the Miller photo and the “gunman” on the roof. Since the picture was taken 3-4 minutes after the assassination,

From the Post version it’s easy to see that the arrow actually points to John Connally. Remember, too, that Nellie wore something on her head to keep her hair in place. Even that can be seen in clear Miller pictures.

Gary Mack

I Don't recall Nellie wearing anything on her head. ?????

Edited by Robin Unger

Hey Robin - I think what Gary is referring to is some kind of band or string or something which provided her with that 'bowl' shape.

That Ashmore looks as if it coincides with Kennedy being slumped forward during the ride to Parkland.

I am assuming that this is Kennedy's head - AOI highlighted in red.

- lee

Robin...your suspicion is correct. The "shoe" was added by a retouch artist who did not recognize it as JFK's right hand on the seat back.

OK, color me stupid (me being the LN'er that I'm supposed to be) ...

Is there an original image showing JFK's right hand on the back seat? If there is, why was it substituted? To what end?

If there isn't, how do we know anything was substituted if we don't know - or at least can't prove (since there appears to be a difference) - what was there originally?

Robin...your suspicion is correct. The "shoe" was added by a retouch artist who did not recognize it as JFK's right hand on the seat back.

OK, color me stupid (me being the LN'er that I'm supposed to be) ...

Is there an original image showing JFK's right hand on the back seat? If there is, why was it substituted? To what end?

If there isn't, how do we know anything was substituted if we don't know - or at least can't prove (since there appears to be a difference) - what was there originally?

Hey Duke.

Looks like Clint Hill's foot to me. Kennedy is leaning forward - his hand isn't near that area. Hill can be seen in multiple films and photos with his foot in this location.

I'm more interested in what appears to be the front entrance wound and the rear blow-out to Kennedy's head personally.

- lee