The Education Forum

Robert Clayton Buick

Tiger in the Rain

http://www.robertclaytonbuick.com/

Does anyone know this new book?

The author Robert Clayton Buick spent time in jail with Roselli in 1971.

He and Roselli started on the wrong foot, but then hit it off. The author claims Roselli told him in detail about the Dallas hit, that Nicoletti and Jimmy Sutton were the shooters, up to the abort mission and the bitten shell casing.

What do we make of that? Another one for Tim Gratz to put his teeth in. :)

Wim

I would definitely suggest that anyone interested read the first book as a benchmark before going off on the second one.

It's quite interesting and actually deals far more with Oswald and events at the Hotel Luma and Richard Case Nagell in Mexico ...there is only a minor

reference at the very end to his having the "opinion" that the mob must have done JFK. At that point in time he made it clear he

had nothing more to say....guess something changed his mind.... Larry

It looks like his name has come up on the forum once before here -

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=6890

There is another book about the Buick story called "Riding the Tiger's Back: A Footnote to the Assassination of JFK" by Phillip Hemenway it would appear.

I would definitely suggest that anyone interested read the first book as a benchmark before going off on the second one.

It's quite interesting and actually deals far more with Oswald and events at the Hotel Luma and Richard Case Nagell in Mexico ...there is only a minor

reference at the very end to his having the "opinion" that the mob must have done JFK. At that point in time he made it clear he

had nothing more to say....guess something changed his mind.... Larry

It looks like his name has come up on the forum once before here -

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=6890

There is another book about the Buick story called "Riding the Tiger's Back: A Footnote to the Assassination of JFK" by Phillip Hemenway it would appear.

Larry, what's your impression of this guy? A straight shooter? A grain of salt? .........

Wim

William, its been years since I really got into this guy but my recollection was that he had indeed observed some

funny things going in Mexico City and that he was indeed corroborating Nagell's remarks, especially in regard

to things at the Hotel Luma. Things get strange though because most of the information was surfacing during

correspondance that he was conducting while in prison - with a penpal. And its clear that at points he was pulling

the fellow's string and playing games with him, either for entertainment or more possibly to get outside

assistance with his ongoing legal appeals.

You really have to read the first book to get a feel for this, and the first book is written by his correspondant.

One area that possibly could be corroborated is his claim that he was moved into a cell adjacent to Nagell

out in Texas in an effort for certain parties (read the FBI) to find out what Nagell might say to someone

he had met before. If one could prove that happened then at least his information on Nagell and remarks

about Oswald in Mexico would call for some heavy investigation.

-- hope that helps, Larry

William, its been years since I really got into this guy but my recollection was that he had indeed observed some

funny things going in Mexico City and that he was indeed corroborating Nagell's remarks, especially in regard

to things at the Hotel Luma. Things get strange though because most of the information was surfacing during

correspondance that he was conducting while in prison - with a penpal. And its clear that at points he was pulling

the fellow's string and playing games with him, either for entertainment or more possibly to get outside

You really have to read the first book to get a feel for this, and the first book is written by his correspondant.

One area that possibly could be corroborated is his claim that he was moved into a cell adjacent to Nagell

out in Texas in an effort for certain parties (read the FBI) to find out what Nagell might say to someone

he had met before. If one could prove that happened then at least his information on Nagell and remarks

Larry is the expert on RCN, and I do not profess, to know as much about Nagell as Larry, but I have read "Riding the Tiger's Back," and it is indeed a very interesting book, but there is the feeling when one reads it, at least for me that the "meat" ie [intrisically related to Oswald and Mexico City] could fit into a pamphlet....But that is not to say it is not an important book. I have seen some recently de-classified documents on Nagell, [the good stuff still seems to be pending] and all they basically tell us is that the HSCA was very interested in Sloss and the other names, which were in Nagell's effects, there is some earlier stuff which seems to be an effort to portray Nagell, as some sort of psycho, and that is a pattern that is all too familiar to me...I think Larry may know what I am talking about......That is about all I can add.....

Larry is the expert on RCN, and I do not profess, to know as much about Nagell as Larry, but I have read "Riding the Tiger's Back," and it is indeed a very interesting book, but there is the feeling when one reads it, at least for me, that the "meat" ie [intrinsically related to Oswald and Mexico City] could fit into a pamphlet....But that is not to say it is not an important book. I have seen some recently de-classified documents on Nagell, [the good stuff still seems to be pending] and all they basically tell us is that the HSCA was very interested in Sloss and the other names, which were in Nagell's effects, there is some earlier stuff which seems to be an effort to portray Nagell, as some sort of psycho, which is pretty convenient, especially with the plane crash that took place in the 50's and caused, [or was said to have caused] brain damage that is a pattern that is all too familiar to me, although the other's weren't in plane crashes.....I think Larry may know what I am talking about with regards to the issue of "psychologically impaired individuals" ......That is about all I can add.....

There's a few pages online of his book "Food for the Jackals".

http://books.google.com/books?id=OpX-cJ6ES...L95O-g#PPA40,M1

Well, I guess the jackals have enough bones with page 39 :)

Wim

It would be educational to see exactly how this book came to be.

And I'll stick with my previous remark, anyone reading this one without having read the

first book -- written from the fellow he was corresponding with outside prison -- is making a real mistake.

-- Larry

I decided my last post wasn't all that helpful so for those interested here is a brief synopsis of three books, one about Buick and two from

Buick. Descriptions for Buicks book are on Amazon; there is no description for Riding the Tigers Back so I pulled just a bit of info from

the book itself:

Tiger in the Rain / 2005 Buick

This is the true story of a poor kid from Johnstown, PA, who has lived on the edge of history. Born Bogdan Buich of Serbian parents and heritage, later to become Robert Clayton Buick (Bobby Buick), who became the most WANTED AND HUNTED man in the World. He became the most successful North American torero of his time. The aficionados and writers called him El Ciclon del Norte (The cyclone from the north). Bobby was excitingly spectacular and almost fearless in the bullring. His repertoire consisted of a great variety of floral and spinning passes always in close proximity to the bull's horns. There were many collisions with his brave opponents due to Bobby's style initiating subsequent gorings. Then one day alias Roberto Buick "El Ciclon del Norte" was recruited by the U.S. Government for a surveillance project at a small hotel in Mexico City to observe clandestine activity there where he uncovered a plot to kill President Kennedy two months before the President was assassinated in Dallas on November 22, 1963. An even that changed Bobby's life forever. His story is interwoven throughout international and historical intrigue.

Food for the Jackals / 2007 Buick

A riveting work that continues to probe the Kennedy assassinations by the author of Tiger In The Rain, who was told by Lee Harvey Oswald that president Kennedy was to be assassinated two months before he was killed in Dallas, Texas. The author tears away the veneer of speculative assumption and tells what really happened on that fateful day in Dallas when "they" killed a President, and then murdered his "kid brother", Bobby Kennedy, five years later in a kitchen pantry in Los Angeles. The author reveals the true relationship between the First Lady Jackie and the President John Kennedy. The fabricated image of "Camelot on the Potomac" is stripped aware with bare-essence of fact. The author being the only remaining person alive with personal knowledge of fact, blows out the smoke, shatters the mirrors and exposes the corruption, illuminating in the light of day, the crime of the 20th century. For a more detailed and indepth insight about the author and his works go to website www.RobertClaytonBuick.com.

Riding the Tigers Back - A Footnote to the Assassination of JFK / 1992

Phillip Hemenway

….a story based on the prison correspondence and contacts between Buick and Karl von Kleist, his pen pal and chess partner.

Buick made the FBI’s Top Ten Most Wanted list (for bank robbery) in March 1966.

“Buick is a devotee of the Mob Hit Theory in the Kennedy assassination. He was in prison with and close to Johnny Roselli. If Roselli confided some juicy jailhouse facts to him he’s not talking.”

“Giancana, Roselli and Ruby, put them together and go for it dummy!” (from a letter written by Buick to Hemenway)

• 9 months later...

I have seen some recently de-classified documents on Nagell, [the good stuff still seems to be pending] and all they basically tell us is that the HSCA was very interested in Sloss and the other names, which were in Nagell's effects... (Robert Howard)

John Sloss is a very interesting character. Yale graduate, instructor at the Military Intelligence Training Center at Camp Ritchie in Maryland, attended Columbia University, School of International Affairs and the Russian Institute, CIA employee.

There are some suggestions that Sloss was involved in some activity involving homosexuality and blackmail. He may also have had an association with Ilya Wolston.

Sloss died in 1975 aged 56 - another in that long list who perished during that mid to late 1970's period.

FWIW.

James