The Education Forum

Secret Service Behavior

Peter,

Maybe I'm misunderstanding your post, but you seem to be implying that JFK was so hopped up on drugs that he was unfit to serve as President. Like all the Mafia-womanizer stories, the "Dr. Feelgood" nonsense can always be traced back to the same, unreliable sources.

When you're speculating about exactly who was behind the assassination of JFK, I think it's a mistake to assume that they were motivated by rational reasons. Any theory that mentions "unfit for office," or that JFK was executed because some powerful forces thought he was a communist and/or a traitor, is seriously flawed, imho.

If you haven't already done so, I'd recommend that you (and everyone else, for that matter), read Jim DiEugenio's excellent online article "The Posthumous Assassination of John F. Kennedy." He does a great job of exposing the bogus nature of all the Judith Campbell Exner allegations, and documents the smear campaign against the memory of John F. Kennedy.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Peter,

Maybe I'm misunderstanding your post, but you seem to be implying that JFK was so hopped up on drugs that he was unfit to serve as President. Like all the Mafia-womanizer stories, the "Dr. Feelgood" nonsense can always be traced back to the same, unreliable sources.

When you're speculating about exactly who was behind the assassination of JFK, I think it's a mistake to assume that they were motivated by rational reasons. Any theory that mentions "unfit for office," or that JFK was executed because some powerful forces thought he was a communist and/or a traitor, is seriously flawed, imho.

If you haven't already done so, I'd recommend that you (and everyone else, for that matter), read Jim DiEugenio's excellent online article "The Posthumous Assassination of John F. Kennedy." He does a great job of exposing the bogus nature of all the Judith Campbell Exner allegations, and documents the smear campaign against the memory of John F. Kennedy.

Thanks Don for your input. I am aware of some of the works you recommend and do believe there is a terrible smear campaign going on. I believe President Kennedy exercised great restraint when confronted with the military option and kept us out of war. The tapes of his performance during office show a lucid president performing his duties in office as good as anyone could expect. There is no reason to believe that he was an unfit president and should have been removed from office.

But, there needs to be an excuse and this seems to be one that they intend to use.