The Education Forum

Shane O'Sullivan's new DVD RFK Must Die

I have been a bit confused by the known David Sanchez Moralez photos. Some show a man of average (or below) in height, average build, some seem to show a different man. Also his description was something like 6'5", muscular dark skinned, indian looking.

Now, the man filmed at the Ambassador hotel (RFK) is clearly taller than 6' (judging from the folks around him) somewhat indian looking, dark complected, muscular or "big". He is identified as David Sanchez Morales by two people he used to work with. The only logical reasoning can be that these two descriptions of David Sanchez Morales are those of 2 different people.

I wonder why the people interviewed in Shane's film were not shown and asked to comment on the other photos of David Sanchez Morales (showing a shorter, older man).

Did both work for the CIA?

In Shane's film the other CIA suspects are examined as well. An explanation is given that there was a convention of sales people at the Hotel (for the Bulova watch company). Some of these persons are named and their photos are shown. Their known photos do not match at all (IMO) those of the suspicious men filmed at the Ambassador.

Antti,

I truly believe you're on to something of importance.

I first raised the "two DSMs" possibility some months ago on these pages. I pointed out both the physical dissimilarities between the tall/robust and short/thin figures from various photos, and the Big Indian/El Indio nicknames that may well have been shared by at least two operatives of the period.

Elsewhere and a bit longer ago I opened discussion on the so-called doppelganger phenomena that seem to haunt intel operations.

Charles

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Many thanks for your kind words, John, Charles and Peter. I also side with Walton and believe Carbajal would say anything to protect Morales. Walton was the one who first told Fonzi about the Dallas comment and Ruben only admitted it later. McCowan is a very interesting thread in this, I'm going to try to speak to him further. I'm glad you like the tone of the film. I feel objectivity is extremely important if this case is to proceed in the courts and build a groundswell of media support.

I did try to contact Manny Pena but he's ailing and too ill to be interviewed, even by phone, unfortunately. I will quote extensively from a very revealing interview he gave Marilyn Barrett in 1992 in my book, though. Pena was close to Byron Engle, ex-CIA and head of the Office of Public Safety, a cover regularly used by Morales and, of course, home to Dan Mitrione.

Hernandez died a few years ago. After the LAPD, he ran a multi-million dollar security company, whose first contract was with NASA. I interviewed Morales' two eldest daughters and a younger son by phone but that came after my film was done. They wouldn't have appeared on camera, anyway. They actually don't recognise "El Indio" as a nickname for their father. "Didi" and "Poncho" are the ones they recall. I don't know of other "El Indios," Charles.

William Pepper seems set to take the case by the scruff of the neck and move all this forward, which is great news. I'm glad to see him on the Forum and look forward to seeing the case active in the courts again.

Best,

Shane

Shane,

I recently saw a documentary on the JFK assassination and it had a segment on some new sound evidence regarding a recording only recently uncovered, or re-discovered. Are you familiar with this research? Sorry if this is old news.

Herb

Charles - Sorry for the late reply. I've been away. I also find the doppelganger idea very interesting in relation to Oswald and Morales. Bradley Ayers has long felt there was a second Morales because alleged photos of DSM in Vietnam shown to him by John Markley (aka Col. Crest in Fonzi's book) bore no relation to the DSM he knew.

Having said that, I am loath to get into a second Morales given the problems I've had with the first! Do bear in mind, though, that according to his ex-lawyer Robert Walton, Morales was a master of disguise who could make himself appear several inches taller or shorter and change facial features or hair color, where necessary.

I must say I am puzzled by the way Morales seems to vary so widely across the various photographs. Accounts of those who knew him do seem to consistently describe him as 5'10', with very dark, Indian features, a flat nose and a heavy frame. Why he appears so tall in those high-school basketball photos is a mystery to me.

Antii - I only received the new photos of Morales in Peru and Vietnam while editing the film. I did send them to Brad Ayers and Wayne Smith and they both said these merely reinforced their feeling that the man at the Ambassador was Morales. But the man in the video is over six feet tall and others, including the Morales family, insist it's not him.

I have no doubt that Bulova salesman Michael D. Roman is the "Gordon Campbell" in the video but I have not been able to identify the Latin man who seems to motion him towards an exit.

Herb - Yes, this is an excellent program shown on the Discovery Times channel several months ago. You can find it on Youtube in eleven segments here:

Several audio experts examine the only known recording of the gunshots in the pantry that night and three conclude there are at least ten "shot sounds" on the tape, with at least one "double-shot" (two shots so close together they could not have been fired from the same gun). As Sirhan's gun only held eight bullets, this seems to indicate a second gunman in the pantry. I expect further news on this front in the next few months.

Unfortunately, the Discovery Times program aired after I had completed my film but I will discuss this new evidence in my book.

Best,

Shane

Charles - Sorry for the late reply.....

I have no doubt that Bulova salesman Michael D. Roman is the "Gordon Campbell" in the video but I have not been able to identify the Latin man who seems to motion him towards an exit.

Shane, I guess this is the Michael D. Roman you are talking about.

http://www.jckonline.com/article/CA274894.html

Is there a photo of him on line?

And how did you come to realize it was MDR?

Also, did you ever check out the Gordon Campbell who was in the Navy and worked for Wright Machine Company?

Thanks,

BK

Hi Bill,

Yes, that's him. The Bulova connection is very odd but I outline how I pieced it together in the film. There's no image of Roman online but I do have a lot of photos and video of him in the film. I haven't checked out the Campbell who worked for Wright Machine Company yet.

Best,

Shane

Hi Bill,

Yes, that's him. The Bulova connection is very odd but I outline how I pieced it together in the film. There's no image of Roman online but I do have a lot of photos and video of him in the film. I haven't checked out the Campbell who worked for Wright Machine Company yet.

Best,

Shane

In 1968, the chairman of Bulova was Omar Bradley.

The president of the company was Harry Henshel with intel connections via army intelligence back to WW2.

FWIW.

James

Charles - Sorry for the late reply. I've been away. I also find the doppelganger idea very interesting in relation to Oswald and Morales. Bradley Ayers has long felt there was a second Morales because alleged photos of DSM in Vietnam shown to him by John Markley (aka Col. Crest in Fonzi's book) bore no relation to the DSM he knew.

For the record: Until I read the responses to my original Morales doppelganger posts on this Forum, I hadn't the slightest notion that anyone else was thinking along similar lines. Side-by-side comparisons of conflicting images would be of great interest. Can you provide same?

Having said that, I am loath to get into a second Morales given the problems I've had with the first! Do bear in mind, though, that according to his ex-lawyer Robert Walton, Morales was a master of disguise who could make himself appear several inches taller or shorter and change facial features or hair color, where necessary.

I feel your pain. Morales is, for my money, one of the rarest of commodities: a key to the kingdom. Your investigation is long overdue. But I submit that the Morales story cannot be told in full absent the most thorough investigation of this phenomenon.

Best,

Charles

Herb - Yes, this is an excellent program shown on the Discovery Times channel several months ago. You can find it on Youtube in eleven segments here:

Several audio experts examine the only known recording of the gunshots in the pantry that night and three conclude there are at least ten "shot sounds" on the tape, with at least one "double-shot" (two shots so close together they could not have been fired from the same gun). As Sirhan's gun only held eight bullets, this seems to indicate a second gunman in the pantry. I expect further news on this front in the next few months.

Unfortunately, the Discovery Times program aired after I had completed my film but I will discuss this new evidence in my book.

Best,

Shane

Thanks Shane,

I just ordered your DVD and look forward to seeing it. Are you available for radio interviews?

I work at Georgia Public Broadcasting and we are the statewide Public Televison and Radio network

Herb