The Education Forum

McIntire photo questions

Jack White

Has this image been cropped. ?

How close were the two cars at this point. ?

McIntire2 doesnt seem to show as wide a field of view as McIntire1.

Are both photos the same size format: as i asume they were taken with the same camera.

Edited by Robin Unger

Craig,

Don't make a judgement on this with the 6 frame animation I provided.

That was just to show Clint's movement above the limo.

There are more frames to this, and as the cars get closer to the filmer, it appears that what you have pointed out is the

shadow from under the QM.

If you have the Jack Daniels film, please take a look for a better perspective.

If not, I will post it tomorrow.

chris

Viewing the clip...you are correct. Thanks.

Has this image been cropped. ?

How close were the two cars at this point. ?

McIntire2 doesnt seem to show as wide a field of view as McIntire1.

Are both photos the same size format: as i asume they were taken with the same camera.

Quote:

Robin,

Mel McIntire made only three pictures. The third was a few minutes later and farther up the entrance ramp to Stemmons. Several officers and reporters, including Dallas Times Herald photographer Bob Jackson, can be seen near a police motorcycle. The Depository warehouse (north of the TSBD) is visible in the background. The Sixth Floor Museum has a first generation copy negative of the first two pictures and a contact sheet of all three original negatives. McIntire used size 120 film and all the images are 56mm x 56mm.

Gary Mack

Thanks Chris! I think you found the missing MC cop! Notice in your clip there is a SHADOW... BETWEEN the JFK Limo and the Queen Mary! Can't be another car!

By jove I think you have it!

From Gary Mack ...

"Both Jack White and Craig Lamson are wrong about the number of motorcycle officers seen in the Mel McIntire photo. There are six – not five, not seven. The three in front are obvious. Officer four is Jim Chaney, number five is B.J. Martin, and number six is D.V. Harkness, who is hidden behind Craig’s number 5. Harkness can be seen driving west on Main in the Hughes film at almost the exact moment McIntire made his picture.

How do I know? Well, there were no other officers ahead of Chaney and Martin other than the three lead officers riding in front of Chief Curry; therefore, the officers pointed out by Lamson must be something else – and they are. The shadows come from LBJ’s car and his Secret Service follow-up car.

The best version of the McIntire photo is the giant blowup on exhibit at The Sixth Floor Museum; that image came directly from McIntire’s original negative and it shows just six motorcycles: five on Elm and one on Main."

???

- One MC cop stopped on Elm st and dismounted.

- Two are passing under the UP.

- Four preceded and of those, two are ahead of the pic, and the MC cop in question has gone ahead and joined, formed the trio.(after doing what he said).

- Clint's head is low leaning out to shout to the initial lead car (Curry's) hence can't be seen above visors.

- The right MC is gearing, the middle has just signalled, the left is not gearing,

- The right has two stripes.

???

- Four preceded and of those, two are ahead of the pic, and the MC cop in question has gone ahead and joined, formed the trio.(after doing what he said).

- Clint's head is low leaning out to shout to the initial lead car (Curry's) hence can't be seen above visors.

- The right MC is gearing, the middle has just signalled, the left is not gearing,

Hi John.....

Two MC riders stopped on Elm, Clyde Haygood parked his bike just in front of the turnpike sign, on the right hand side , looking at the overpass....

and ran up the knoll to the corner of the fence and Overpass..

...Bobby Hargis parked his bike on the left hand side of the street, ran across the road and up to the cement wall on the left of the Pergola..Zapruder

pedestal.......

B,,,,,

???

Hi John.....

Two MC riders stopped on Elm, Clyde Haygood parked his bike just in front of the turnpike sign, on the right hand side , looking at the overpass....

...Bobby Hargis parked his bike on the left hand side of the street, ran across the road and up to the cement wall on the left of the Pergola..Zapruder

pedestal.......

B,,,,,

OK, thank you Bernice. Part questions answered. Thank you. Back to the 'drawing board'...

???

Hi John.....

pedestal.......

B,,,,,

OK, thank you Bernice. Part questions answered. Thank you. Back to the 'drawing board'...

John:

I have found this Couch frame.....I believe it is one of Chris Davison's.....

Chris correct me if this is in error....thanks...

I believe it is correct.....

B.....

???

Hi John.....

pedestal.......

B,,,,,

John:

B.....

Bernice,

That is either from Couch or Darnell.

Robin did the labeling for us.

Please remember ALL MC cops in Couch/Darnell are NOT part of the 8 MC (lead group) that we see in earlier footage.

Part of the lead group is, who we see in McIntire, Bell and Daniels.

Of course this is based on the existing footage that we have.

The MC in Bell that Robin has supplied, is part of the lead group.

chris

???

Hi John.....

pedestal.......

B,,,,,

John:

B.....

Bernice,

That is either from Couch or Darnell.

Robin did the labeling for us.

Please remember ALL MC cops in Couch/Darnell are NOT part of the 8 MC (lead group) that we see in earlier footage.

Part of the lead group is, who we see in McIntire, Bell and Daniels.

Of course this is based on the existing footage that we have.

The MC in Bell that Robin has supplied, is part of the lead group.

chris

Thanks Chris:

I have not my books at hand, and I knew you would be able to fill me in....

Robin thanks, and here is another frame from Bell ..FWIW.....

Bests B.....