The Education Forum

Dan Mitrione

John Simkin

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ron : That the people whose comrades he had tortured would kidnap, interrogate, and kill him without torturing him in kind doesn't make any sense. Whereas it does make sense that the CIA would kill its own "humanely."

John S: Very good point. I was amazed, given his reputation, that he was not tortured.

- What the....?

Comedians both?

A typical way of distinguishing the victims of US sponsored death squads in Nicaraua and El Salvador in the eighties was the absence of signs of torture on victims by the left. They, because of who they are (not nuts) what they stand for (good stuff), simply tend to be 'nicer'.

The Tyrannical US sponsored and trained killers are rather less so, 'even' overtly, (just look at Guantanamo, the 'laws' against humanity that legitimises the mess, plus the out-sourcing of torture camps today) as well as using the concept of terror to control the population who don't like them, and when the people strike back they are indeed more humane, because ... well ... they quite simply ARE more humane.

That's why they oppose, fight against and don't support such regimes nor ape their methods. They want to bring an END to this inhumaneness.

That this is surprising to some is rather bizzare.

You're kidding, surely?

A typical way of distinguishing the victims of US sponsored death squads in Nicaraua and El Salvador in the eighties was the absence of signs of torture on victims by the left. They, because of who they are (not nuts) what they stand for (good stuff), simply tend to be 'nicer'.

I don't know what evidence you have of that, but it's contrary to all I know about human nature. Eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth, is basic to human concepts of justice, however primitive. It therefore "doesn't make any sense," from the perspective of human nature, that this master of torture would not himself be tortured. I would imagine that friends and relatives of his victims would line up to participate. In any case, the idea that leftist guerrillas or other leftist militant groups in Latin America or anywhere else on this God-forsaken globe are somehow better than other human beings in this regard, is one I find bizarre.

Edited by Ron Ecker

Ron : "I would imagine that friends and relatives of his victims would line up to participate."

I suppose that goes to the heart of the matter. Non-Sense.

While RR was covertly organising the contras the US media was asleep, just like not reporting the horrific US sponsored excesses of the Somozistas pre Sandinista victory. Once the FSLN did win all of a sudden the US media magnifies manifold its Nicaragua coverage, except now to lambast the victors, thus fascilitating the CONTRA horrors that followed. Typical. Ignorance truly is bliss. I don't imagine at all that he would not be tortured. Those fighting for a better world do not seed actions where people line up to wreak their vengeance. Quite the contrary.