The Education Forum

Merry Christmas to All

Tim Gratz

Merry Christmas to all of you.

I am no longer posting substantively here to protest being placed on moderation for, IMO, no valid reason. I think I may do a final post in the Tim Gratz Moderation Section to explain my POV but I do not want to clutter this thread with anything controversial.

I just want to take this opportunity to wish each of you a merry Christmas and best wishes for the new year. I am sure we all hope that in 2008, which will mark the 45th anniversary of the assasination, we may yet see some progress in the case, perhaps through revelations in the Jeff Morley suit versus the CIA.

The Key West History magazine (an unofficial magazine sold in Key West, not "sanctioned" by any official body) just published a special issue, Key West during the Cuban Missile Crisis. The front cover is JFK in his open convertible (a Lincoln borrowed from a Miami dealership) inspecting HAWK missiles. It is 24 pages in length and includes many vintage photographs. It also includes the full text of JFK's address to the nation announcing the quarantine.

I am sure it probably has a few factual errors. For instance, it shows three women casually walking by an armed missile launcher on Smathers Beach, but I suspect the main Key West beach was not yet named after Sen. Smathers who was in office until 1968 as I recall. But it is still a rather interesting piece for those interested in JFK and/or the Cuban missile crisis.

I have a limited number of the magazines I'll be glad to give to ANY member who will send me a stamped self-addressed flat envelope. (The magazine is 8.5 by 11.0 inches. I suspect it would take about $1 of postage to send within the continental U.S.

If you would like a copy, mail me your stamped and addressed envelope at:

Tim Gratz, 1413 Laird Street, #1, Key West, FL 33040.

I will post on this thread when my supply has been exhausted.

Once more, happy holidays and best wishes to EACH of you for a healthy and happy new year.

I am no longer posting substantively here to protest being placed on moderation for, IMO, no valid reason. I think I may do a final post in the Tim Gratz Moderation Section to explain my POV but I do not want to clutter this thread with anything controversial.

I just want to take this opportunity to wish each of you a merry Christmas and best wishes for the new year. I am sure we all hope that in 2008, which will mark the 45th anniversary of the assasination, we may yet see some progress in the case, perhaps through revelations in the Jeff Morley suit versus the CIA.

The Key West History magazine (an unofficial magazine sold in Key West, not "sanctioned" by any official body) just published a special issue, Key West during the Cuban Missile Crisis. The front cover is JFK in his open convertible (a Lincoln borrowed from a Miami dealership) inspecting HAWK missiles. It is 24 pages in length and includes many vintage photographs. It also includes the full text of JFK's address to the nation announcing the quarantine.

I am sure it probably has a few factual errors. For instance, it shows three women casually walking by an armed missile launcher on Smathers Beach, but I suspect the main Key West beach was not yet named after Sen. Smathers who was in office until 1968 as I recall. But it is still a rather interesting piece for those interested in JFK and/or the Cuban missile crisis.

I have a limited number of the magazines I'll be glad to give to ANY member who will send me a stamped self-addressed flat envelope. (The magazine is 8.5 by 11.0 inches. I suspect it would take about $1 of postage to send within the continental U.S.

Once more, happy holidays and best wishes to EACH of you for a healthy and happy new year.

Thanks Tim, I wish you and your family a great xmass and a wonderfull new year. Denis.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you, too, T.G.

I just got back from Atlanta and haven't had a chance to go on the forum, what with the moving of Western Imaging's offices from the Venice site to the Marina Del Rey building. Plus, they gave me an extra day, or half-day of work a week, I should say, over at The Hill Of The Seven Jackals [santa Monica-UCLA]. So, I've had my hands full, to say the least. Having a truck automatically relegates me to the "mover" or "hauler" of things, which I'm more than happy to help with, especially when I'm getting paid to do four hours of hauling for my bosses. A good time was had by all.

I don't know what the problem is with this moderation project, but I'll keep in touch with you by private e-mail from here on out. Time is at a premium for myself these days. I wish you and your daughter all the best in the coming year.

Love and best wishes from,

Your Femme Nikita