The Education Forum

How Oswald's trip to Russia was Expedited:

Greg Parker

Oswald's path to the USSR was cleared in two ways. The first of these had nothing to do with Oswald per se, and came about through the slight thawing in relations between the two countries resulting in the signing of the cultural exchange agreement and the freeing up of travel restrictions.

The actual method by which his path was cleared happened in part through US sleight of hand and in part through mutual cooperation between the US and USSR. The best example of the latter can be seen in Golub's announcement in Helsinki to his US counterpart that he could now issue visas immediately, without Moscow approval. The very day the announcement was made, Oswald applied for his passport and would soon enough wind up in Helsinki. Oswald in fact, was the only recipient of a Golub's "quickie" visa.

Each entry in this chart represents a connection to either Oswald's travels or to his mission, and will form part of the basis for part 3 in the Assassination Morphology series of articles.

timeline charts

Merry Whatnot and happy Thingymibob to all!

I'm knee deep in wrapping paper trying to decipher toy assembly instructions written in what appears to be Mandarin.

Might give Kevin07 a ring... :sun

Oswald's path to the USSR was cleared ..... in Golub's announcement in Helsinki to his US counterpart that he could now issue visas immediately, without Moscow approval. The very day the announcement was made, Oswald applied for his passport and would soon enough wind up in Helsinki.

This issue came up on a previous thread and it was not demonstrated that Helsinki was the ONLY EMBASSY authorized to issue tourist visas without prior approval from Moscow. THis was a period following Kruschev's visit to the United States in which he welcomed American tourism, and the same authorization was probably issued to all major embassies.

Oswald in fact, was the only recipient of a Golub's "quickie" visa.

Must have been a slow period for tourists from Helsinki

Edited by J. Raymond Carroll

Oswald's path to the USSR was cleared ..... in Golub's announcement in Helsinki to his US counterpart that he could now issue visas immediately, without Moscow approval. The very day the announcement was made, Oswald applied for his passport and would soon enough wind up in Helsinki.

This issue came up on a previous thread and it was not demonstrated that Helsinki was the ONLY EMBASSY authorized to issue tourist visas without prior approval from Moscow. THis was a period following Kruschev's visit to the United States in which he welcomed American tourism, and the same authorization was probably issued to all major embassies.

Ray, presumably the "Why not Paris?" thread? The above was your interpretation based on a belief that Helms was pushing a KGB angle in the assassination and that Helsinki was "Exhibit A" in the Helms indictment.

You may be right, but I had conducted thorough searches on this at the time of writing the article, and found no evidence that any consulate apart from the one in Helsinki was issuing quick visas.

Neither the WC or HSCA wanted to find an intelligence link - KGB, CIA or any other - to the assassination. If all Soviet Consulates were issuing them, it would not have been an impossibly difficult task to find out. And such information would have choked off the dreaded intelligence conspiracy theories.

You also made mention that a monolithic bureaucracy like the Kremlin would automatically issue the order for quick visas in a blanket fashion to all embassies. That makes perfect sense in the normal scheme of things - but disregards the possibility that it was only done to serve one specific purpose. Golub was sent back to the USSR soon after this episode.

Oswald in fact, was the only recipient of a Golub's "quickie" visa.

Must have been a slow period for tourists from Helsinki

Actually the "Why Not Paris"? thread does suggest two tourists received quick visas prior to Oswald. That may have been disinformation supplied to the HSCA, but I need to go back into the records on it. Without checking, I'm guessing it was an attempt to bring the need for purchasing tourist vouchers into the records. The reason? Nowhere in the Golub documents does it suggest he ever made any such requirement.

Greg

Thank you for revisiting this area in the strange life of LHO and for me, how that strange life may have crossed paths with General Edwin Walker at the moment and time that Oswald traveled from London to Helsinki. Since I was the author of the "Why Not Paris" I thought it might be appropriate to point out several facts that we do know for certain and where they have motivated me to speculate on why this area of travel was not investigated by the Warren Commission.

The "counterpart" that you refer to as the recipiant of information from Soviet Ambassador Golub was actually US Ambassador John Hickerson. There were actually two notes that he sent from Helsinki to the State Department with reference to access to the Soviet Union via Helsinki. The first, which you have refered to, was sent on the same day that Oswald applied for his passport in Santa Ana, California which was on the same day that he was informed of his early discharge from the Marines. The time difference between Helsinki and California makes it entirely possible that this information was available to anyone who would have wanted to start Oswald on his way toward the Soviet Union.

The second note sent by Hickerson is even more interesting because it states that if you want the Soviet Ambassador to issue a visa into Russia you need to purchase first class Intourist vouchers prior to your application. When Oswald would arrive at the Soviet Embassy he would have his first class Intouris vouchers in hand.

This second Hickerson note was sent the day before Oswald arrived in Helsinki, on the extra travel day that Oswald used to leave France and "backtrack" to London only to go directly to the London airport and begin his journey to Helsinki one day later than was necessary.

With the help of Antti Hynonen we have shown that if Oswald would have traveled to Paris on the day that he arrived in La Harve and booked a flight from Paris to Helsinki the flight would have routed him to Hamburg, a change of aircraft, then on to Stockholm (where the same plane would pick up passengers from London) then on to Helsinki.

This diversion by Oswald is the only known place where it can be proven that Oswald actually spent more money than he needed to spend to accomplish a goal that he set out to accomplish. The Warren Commission went to great lengths to show how "frugal" Oswald was but in this one instance we find that he was not in fact frugal at all. Ambassador Hickerson's second note (declassified during the HSCA hearings) was designed to prove that it was possible for a person to receive an entrance visa into the Soviet Union via Helsinki in the 24 hour period that it took Oswald. NO ONE at that time connected the extra travel day (and additional expendature) to that note but the notes did suffice to STOP the committee from looking deeper into Oswald's travel from London to Helsinki and accepting the truth that Oswald just happened to stumble upon the only Soviet Embassy in the World that would grant him immediate access to Russia.

I continue to believe that this is one of three specific places where the Warren Commission was willing to "cover up" information that would have allowed us to better understand who Lee Harvey Oswald really was and what his association to US Intelligence really was.

Ambassador Hickerson would leave Helsinki within days of Oswalds defection but a deeper look into the life of Hickerson is interesting from the standpoint of two players in the assassination story. During WWII Hickerson was the US laison to Canada for defense. In his role he would have been the person who would have negotiated the use of the First Special Services Force, a unit that Edwin Walker would be a part of and eventually command.

John Hickerson would, in the late 1940's be the State Departments lead player in the creation of NATO after the defense agreement was suggested by none other than John J. McCloy. It is interesting to note that Hickerson usually refers to John J. McCloy as "Jack" McCloy in his many references to the man. McCloy and Hickerson would work closely together on the creation of NATO and continue a personal relationship for years. Strange but true.

Last we find that Edwin Walker is assigned to take command of the 24th Infantry Division at this same point and time and leaves Little Rock, Arkansas to travel to Europe in early October of 1959. His travel would take him through London to Hamburg then to Augsburg. I find it interesting that there was a flight from London to Hamburg early enough for Oswald to make the Hamburg to Stockholm connection. This reality leaves open the possibility of Oswald and Walker being on the same flight (London to Hamburg). I cannot (yet) prove that they were on the same flight but I can prove that it is possible that they were. One thing is for certain, if Walker and Oswald were on the same flight there is no way the CIA/NSA or any other US Intelligence organization would want to produce the passenger lists for the flights that Oswald did use to arrive in Helsinki.

Hey wait a minute, the CIA and whoever didn't produce that information did they. I continue to ask why. But if my suggestion is correct then Oswald would have had a motive to attempt to murder Walker for helping him to get into the Soviet Union. Oswald would have believed that Walker was the head of an evil organization, as Oswald suggested that he was. And Walker, who during WWII, did at least two missions which McCloy, as Asst. Sec. Of War, took a personal interest in may have participated in another "mission" that McCloy was interested in, the failure of the Paris Summit that occured after the U-2 incident occured on May 1, 1960 (and after Oswald had threatened to provide the Soviets with information on the U-2).

Jim Root

Jim, the work you and Antti did on the London to Helsinki leg was outstanding, but I remain unconvinced by your Walker angles.

1. You don't seem to have the exact date of Walker travel to Germany.

2. Would Walker be taking commercial flights to assume his command in Augsburg?

On Oswald's spending... there is one other point. He forked out $300 for 10 intourist vouchers despite only having a six day visa with a 2 day extension. Consider that room rates were only $1.50 to $3.00 a night and food wan't expensive, and you can see how much he could have saved there by buying only 8.

The call by Golub to US Embassy advising he would issue the visas to the two tourists once they made intourist reservations, as you say, was designed to show quick visas could be issued - nothing unusual here, move along. For a start, he didn't need the US embassy to get the information to the applicants - he had them there in front of him. And previously, the only stipulation he'd put on getting a quick visa was that the American seemed "all right" to him.

A similar scenario plays out in Moscow with Petrulli conveniently supplying the context for Snyder to request an easing of policies on handling would-be defectors. Voila! "Kid glove" treatment for Oswald. Let's give the boy a break and not let him renounce his citizenship just yet. Northing unusual here, move along...

Golub, btw, was a target for US recruitment. CIA assessment of him had him pegged as being "flirtatious" (yes, the actual word they used). That assessment led to using a female exchange student cum Operation REDSKIN recruit as the bait. And lo... who should be in Snyder's office on the day Oswald appeared? An exchange student cum Operation REDSKIN recruit. Golub was replaced and sent back to Moscow on Feb 27, 1960. I do not believe his replacement issued visas in one or two days, nor have I found anything even remotely indicating anyone but the two "tourists" and Oswald got one from Golub.

The Hickerson-McCloy connection you mention seems worthy of further mining...

To understand LHO trip to Russia, read Armstrong's Harvery and Lee.

Jack

Jack, in the past I'd been giving you the benefit of the doubt. But this can be construed in no other way but as an attempt to bait me.

Well, jack, I'll take your bait and pull you into the water with it every time.

Here is all anyone needs to know about you and Armstrong. <Removed by Moderator>.

----------------------

JW in Post #28 in the "Enid Gray explains Oswald's appearance" thread: I was present for many of his [Armstrong's] interviews given [of Stripling witnesses].

JW in Post #37 in the "Enid Gray explains Oswald's appearance" thread: I was present when he interviewed three persons about LHO at Stripling

Which, if either of those is true, Jack? "Many" or "three"?

----------------------

JW in Post #28 in the "Enid Gray explains Oswald's appearance" thread: Frank Kudlaty, the assistant principal at Stripling has been a friend of mine since the 1940s, when he was a college classmate. He later rose to be superintendant of schools at Waco Texas before retiring. He is a man of impeccable honesty.

JW in Post #37 in the "Enid Gray explains Oswald's appearance" thread: At the time John interviewed him, I had not seen him in about fifty years, although I have seen him a couple of times in recent years. I knew his wife much better than I knew him, as I was in classes with her.

Which if either of these statements is true: That "Kudlaty has been a friend of mine since the 1940s" or "At the time John interviewed him, I had not seen him in about fifty years"

Which if either of these statements is true: "he was a college classmate" or "I knew his wife much better than I knew him, as I was in classes with her."

----------------------

Your changed version on your relationship with Kudlaty came after I pointed out that this relationship - whatever it might have been - should have been declared in Armstrong's book. You were caught off guard when this lack of ethical behavior was pointed out and did a quick U-turn to try and distance yourself from Kudlaty. My two three year olds could see through it, it was so obvious.

Armstrong's readers were deceived by that non-disclosure, just as they have been deceived by the way he distorted and contorted much of the evidence.

Read his book? There are more facts about the assassination in Ethel the Aardvark Goes Quantity Surveying.

Edited by Evan Burton
Prohibited accusation

Greg

Excellent post from my standpoint:

"1. You don't seem to have the exact date of Walker travel to Germany."

You are correct. I cannot pinpoint the exact dates of Walkers travel to Augsburg, his arrival in Augsburg or his assumption of command of the 24th Infanry Division. The command position is only listed as October although he did arrive before he took command and made a few tours of military instalations in both Augsburg and the surrounding areas with the possibility of a trip to Frankfurt being involved. The Frankfurt angle gives him a second possibility of meeting up with Oswald as Oswald moved toward Helsinki (but more on that at some future date). The lack of information about the exact time of his arrival in Europe and assumption of command in Augsburg is interesting and allows me to speculate on why this information seems to be so shrouded in mystery. I have good reason to believe that his travel to Europe was during the second week of October (he was still apparently in Little Rock during the first week) and indicators point toward him actually assuming command (ceremonys, etc,) in Augsburg during the third week of October. This leaves the second week of October (which coincides with Oswald's travel) as a distint possibility. I am currently working on some additional angles that may help me to pinpoint the exact dates of Walker's travel and have two leads which I am following up. Needless to say the ability to gather information of this sort is time consumming but has led me to the point where I currently stand.

"2. Would Walker be taking commercial flights to assume his command in Augsburg?"

I have had coorespondence with several men who served under Walker while in Augsburg. They indicate that it was not unusual (and it seems to be the norm) to fly commercially from New York to London, London to Hamburg while in route to Augsburg. From Hamburg the travel to Augsburg seems to take on a variety of methods and seems to be unique to each of the individuals that I have communicated with. Although I do not have a large sampling, there is enough evidence to suggest that it was not unusual to use commercial travel by the military to arrive in Augsburg. In addition I have had reason to research another General, associated with my Walker research, and was able to uncover several travel vouchers that reflected the use of commercial flights for this other generals movements. This seems to suggest that if Walkers associates were using commercial travel there is no reason to believe that he may have used commercial airlines as well.

I do not believe that I am going to far out on a limb to suggest that this was possible that Walker could have used commercial air transportaiton in this particular case.

"..I remain unconvinced by your Walker angles."

The story that I have pieced together is so complex that it takes me hours to attempt to explain them when I find people that have the patients to sit and listen to the puzzle. Luckily I have several people who have encouraged me along the way and have taken time to listen and critique the various components of my research. Each individual segment is dependent upon a great deal of background research that has taken years to compile. Little things such as Walker's connection to William Friedman's original team of cryptologists (that included John B. Hurt and Frank Rowlett) in the early 1930's. Walker's assignment to two particular missions during WWII that John J. McCloy took a personal interest in, Walker's repeated use by Maxwell Taylor for the most sensitive assignments of a National Security nature and Walker's successful completion of those assignments for his trusted commander leads me to believe that Walker would have done whatever was requested of him by Taylor and that his involvement in covert, counterintelligence opperations was not unique but rather the norm throughout his career. We find a man that was intrusted with moving the Nazi loot found at the Merker Mind near the end of WWII (billions by todays standards) was not a special person. If Walker was some sort of nut we must find that the man selected to lead the assult which was designed to recover the most sophisticated radar installation that the Japanese had installed was just there by coincidence? Are we to believe that a man that was involved with the War College research into how to deal with the new realities of the Cold War, research that was led by George Kennen and which established the policies that John J. McCloy would use to establish the National Security Act was a non player in the game of international intrique?

My files are full of Walker information that points to his being involved in the recruitment of intelligence assets, involvement in covert operations (such as the Greek Civil War), counterintelligence activities on a large scale, the recruitment and training of special forces to be inserted into foreign countries, the processing of large numbers of foreign nationals while sifting through their backgrounds for potential intelligence assets (repeatedly).

I have refered to Edwin Anderson Walker as the Forrest Gump of the 20th Century. He turns up everywhere in our history but has been relegated to the dust heap as political hack and nut associated with the most outragous right wing groups. If true, the man who was trusted with the "eggs" during the First Straits of Taiwan crisis was a nut! The man given some of the most sensitive assignments of the cold war, (Greece and the Chinese POW processing and exchange at the conclusion of the Korean War) was a man not to be trusted. The man who was whisked out of Hawaii within days of the bombing of Pearl Harbor, only hours after US Intelligence became aware that Japan was about to attack in the Pacific (information provided by John Hurt to John J. McCloy) was only an afterthought to the military high command.

The fact that Walker was traveling in Europe during the period that the CIA was unable to define how Oswald got to Helsinki gives me reason to suggest that the two events may coincide. The fact that Walker's fall from grace coincides with Oswald's first attempt to return to the US from the Soviet Union, gives me reason to believe that the two events may coincide. The fact that Walker would receive a letter from John J. McCloy in June of 1963, when McCloy was in a bitter dispute with Kennedy over disarmament strategy, gives me reason to believe that if Oswald was to be the assassin and if Walker had met him then these two events may coincide. Walkers actions while on an airplane traveling to Shreveport suggest that he worried that he could be accused of involvement in the assassination. The fact that Walker made contact with a German newspaper within hours of the assassination and that that newspaper would break the story of the association of Oswald with the attempt on the life of Walker before the FBI was onto this lead makes me believe that Walker knew more than he could tell and that Walker felt that he could be accused of orchestrating the assassination himself. Was this because of his association with Oswald as Oswald entered the Soviet Union? While not completely proveable it does tie together the known evidence nicely. It also allows for Oswald's suggestion that Walker was the leader of a facist organization and Oswald's statement that he was the 'patsy" because he had gone to the Soviet Union merit.

The facts suggest that the Walker "angle" is well worth continued pursuit, at least I believe so!

Jim Root

Jim, whether you are right or wrong, you're digging up interesting information, so I hope you keep at it.

To address some of your points:

I am now making my own efforts to try and verify date and mode of transport for Walker's arrival in Augsburg. If I come up with anything, I'll pass it on.

Two major stumbling blocks for buying the whole package are firstly, I don't believe Oswald took a potshot at Walker and secondly, I remain convinced Walker really was the extremist nut-case we all know and love.

Let's examine the latter. You have, in the past, pointed to Little Rock to demonstrate he was not a real extremist, nor racist. All I see at that time was someone whose extreme views would not be fully shaped until involvement two years down the track with the JBS. Beyond that, all I see is a career military man doing what he does -- following orders without question.

The same is true of the Pro-Blue fiasco. In itself, tt was not evidence that he was a nut-case. The military had been ordered to help "educate" the public about communism because of a report coming out International Affairs Seminars during mid Oct, '58 showing the public was not taking the threat of attack or undue influence by Communist forces as seriously as they were supposed to (that is to say, the public was as not as alarmed as needed). To do the job, the troops had to have some form of "education" on it themselves. Walker was convinced his Pro-Blue program was no more than the carrying out of that order. The real problem with it was that the JBS influence politicized the generic anti-communist message and added criticism of government policy.

The contact between Walker and the German paper is not all that complex an issue. Writing a news story blaming Robert Kennedy for the assassination could not be done in the US without the distinct risk of a massive libel suit. But US papers could reprint stories published overseas without fear of being sued. And that is exactly what happened. The DMN reprinted the German story as did at least two extreme r-w publications. And that is also the reason that the story was careful to confuse the issue of the original source of the libel, and why, when interviewed by the media about it, Walker was always careful to detach himself from it - continually reminding the reporters, he was only repeating what he'd read in the German article. The whole thing may well have been hatched in Dallas pre-assassination.

Edited by Greg Parker

Jack

Jack, in the past I'd been giving you the benefit of the doubt. But this can be construed in no other way but as an attempt to bait me.

Here is all anyone needs to know about you and Armstrong. <Removed by Moderator>.

----------------------

JW in Post #28 in the "Enid Gray explains Oswald's appearance" thread: I was present for many of his [Armstrong's] interviews given [of Stripling witnesses].

JW in Post #37 in the "Enid Gray explains Oswald's appearance" thread: I was present when he interviewed three persons about LHO at Stripling

----------------------

JW in Post #28 in the "Enid Gray explains Oswald's appearance" thread: Frank Kudlaty, the assistant principal at Stripling has been a friend of mine since the 1940s, when he was a college classmate. He later rose to be superintendant of schools at Waco Texas before retiring. He is a man of impeccable honesty.

JW in Post #37 in the "Enid Gray explains Oswald's appearance" thread: At the time John interviewed him, I had not seen him in about fifty years, although I have seen him a couple of times in recent years. I knew his wife much better than I knew him, as I was in classes with her.

Which if either of these statements is true: That "Kudlaty has been a friend of mine since the 1940s" or "At the time John interviewed him, I had not seen him in about fifty years"

Which if either of these statements is true: "he was a college classmate" or "I knew his wife much better than I knew him, as I was in classes with her."

Greg,

I hope I don't have to go into detail regarding the high regard in which I hold your research and insight. That being noted for the record, I submit that you've gone a bit overboard on the charges against my friend Jack as noted above.

"Three" interviews can be one man's "many" and another man's "few."

"Classmates" in the American idiom may refer to individuals who matriculated at the same institution at the same time, but who may not have taken the same courses in the same class room at the same time.

A gentleman named Richard Robida has been my friend since we were three years old -- some fifty years. I haven't seen him since the mid '70s, but the characterization of our relationship is valid.

None of this, of course, says word one about the work of John Armstrong.

Respectfully,

Charles

Edited by Evan Burton
Removed section of quote

Jack

----------------------

----------------------

Greg,

I hope I don't have to go into detail regarding the high regard in which I hold your research and insight. That being noted for the record, I submit that you've gone a bit overboard on the charges against my friend Jack as noted above.

"Three" interviews can be one man's "many" and another man's "few."

"Classmates" in the American idiom may refer to individuals who matriculated at the same institution at the same time, but who may not have taken the same courses in the same class room at the same time.

A gentleman named Richard Robida has been my friend since we were three years old -- some fifty years. I haven't seen him since the mid '70s, but the characterization of our relationship is valid.

None of this, of course, says word one about the work of John Armstrong.

Respectfully,

Charles

Thanks, Charles, for your lucid defense of me. However, I cannot say the accusations (?) are lucid.

QUOTING, WITH MY REPLIES IN ALL CAPS...

THESE ARE BLATANTLY FALSE ACCUSATIONS. I HAVE LIED ABOUT NOTHING. ONLY PROVOCATEURS

SEARCH THREADS FROM YEARS AGO FOR INCONGROUS STATEMENTS. I HAVE TOLD NO LIES. I AM

A FOREMOST ADVOCATE OF TRUTH. IF I HAVE MADE A MISTAKE, I AM ANXIOUS TO CORRECT IT.

----------------------

I WAS PRESENT WHEN JOHN INTERVIEWED "MANY WITNESSES". THREE OF THESE WITNESSES

WERE STUDENTS AT STRIPLING WHEN LHO WAS THERE. OTHERS, SUCH AS MYRA BELL, WERE

NEIGHBORS OF MARGUERITE. NITPICKING OVER SEMANTICS ADDS NOTHING TO RESEARCH

AND IS A BLATANT SMEAR TACTIC.

----------------------

FRANK KUDLATY AND I BOTH ATTENDED TCU 1946-49. HE WAS CAPTAIN OF THE BASKETBALL TEAM.

I WAS EDITOR OF THE UNIVERSITY NEWSPAPER. BOTH OF US WERE IN STUDENT GOVERNMENT. WE

WERE NEVER CLASSMATES IN A COMMON CLASSROOM, BUT KNEW EACH OTHER.

I KNEW KUDLATY'S FIANCEE (LATER WIFE) MARIE (WE CALLED HER RIE) MUCH BETTER THAN I DID

FRANK. RIE AND I WORKED ON THE STUDENT YEARBOOK TOGETHER AND WERE CLASSMATES AND

HAD MUTUAL FRIENDS.

THIS IS CERTAINLY TRUE. AFTER GRADUATION WE WENT OUR SEPARATE WAYS IN 1949. WHEN

JOHN INTERVIEWED FRANK I HAD NOT SEEN HIM IN ABOUT A HALF CENTURY.

SINCE FRANK, HIS WIFE AND I WERE ALL IN THE "CLASS OF 1949", WE WERE CLASSMATES. MAYBE

IN YOUR COUNTRY YOU DO NOT COMPREHEND THIS VERNACULAR. IN ANY EVENT THIS IS SEMANTICAL

NONSENSE.

I AGREE WITH CHARLES. THIS ATTEMPT TO DISCREDIT ME HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE JFK CASE.

YOUR ATTEMPT TO SMEAR JOHN ARMSTRONG ALONG WITH ME IS DESPICABLE.

Jack

Edited by Evan Burton

I just wanted to bring this thread back on track.

And allow Greg to present more of what he's learned about how Oswald's trip to Russia was expadited.

I again relate Snyder's assistant, John McVickers' statement that it was his opinion that Oswald's actions at this point were "directed by persons or persons unknown."

If Oswald's life is broken into 10 period categories - it would be New Orleans, New York, Ft. Worth, USMC/USA/Japan/Phillipines/SD, New Orleans, Helsinki/USSR, Dallas, NO, Mexico City, Dallas -

While some take up years, this concerns a pivotal link between his USMC time, short visit home, and then arrival in Helsinki/USSR, a matter of weeks, and a few crucial days/hours in question.

Because it is such a small but huge black hole in the official chronology, we must suspect that there's something really important there, even if we don't know what it is.

There is also the larger suggestion that there are official links between periods, even separated periods, like short time in NY and what came after, especially among medical and education records.

BK

For my response to Jack White's latest attempt to unjumble his stories, please see

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.ph...11909&st=15 where he originally posted it.

-----------------------------------------------------

I just wanted to bring this thread back on track.

And allow Greg to present more of what he's learned about how Oswald's trip to Russia was expadited.

I again relate Snyder's assistant, John McVickers' statement that it was his opinion that Oswald's actions at this point were "directed by persons or persons unknown."

A former officer with the 112th MIG named Don Monier shared that same view with the ARRB . He was actually more precise opining that Oswald's direction came from an intelligence service (interview with ARRB 8/12/96).

If Oswald's life is broken into 10 period categories - it would be New Orleans, New York, Ft. Worth, USMC/USA/Japan/Phillipines/SD, New Orleans, Helsinki/USSR, Dallas, NO, Mexico City, Dallas -

Bill, each of those periods warrant all the scrutiny that can be mustered. And such a breakdown of periods has a lot going for it - despite overlap of players/actions in some instances.

While some take up years, this concerns a pivotal link between his USMC time, short visit home, and then arrival in Helsinki/USSR, a matter of weeks, and a few crucial days/hours in question.

Because it is such a small but huge black hole in the official chronology, we must suspect that there's something really important there, even if we don't know what it is.

There is also the larger suggestion that there are official links between periods, even separated periods, like short time in NY and what came after, especially among medical and education records.

BK

A very brief summary of what will be presented soon(ish). Oswald went over as a courier for the WH "Special Group" utilizing CIA assets and resources already in place through RED SOX, RED CAP and REDSKIN operations. Plans were also made for a possible "defection", but I don't believe Oswald was informed of this until just prior to his visa expiring.

The timeline chart on my website is derived from a much larger chronology covering 1958 to 1960 representing all events having a connection to the defection either tangentially or direct. Technical issues, as well as health issues with JKO (who has been working on this with me), have held up getting it posted.

The timeline chart on my website is derived from a much larger chronology covering 1958 to 1960 representing all events having a connection to the defection either tangentially or direct. Technical issues, as well as health issues with JKO (who has been working on this with me), have held up getting it posted.

The chronology mentioned above is now up on the website:

http://reopenjfkcase.interodent.com/index....8&Itemid=52