The Education Forum

And now for something completely different...

Evan Burton

Buzz Aldrin's words when asked by Bart Sibrel about authenticity of Apollo .

"Well your talking to the wrong guy !"

"Why don't you talk to the administrator at NASA. We were just passengers"

"If you show this to anybody publicly you're in for a lawsuit".

Pretty strange words for a guy who allegedly walked on the Moon .

Here's a clip from 'Astronauts Gone Wild ' .... Watch the guilty behavior of the Apollo astronots .... Some "heros" they turned out to be . :rolleyes:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=9arbAsN6MCE

Edited by Duane Daman

Buzz Aldrin's words when asked by Bart Sibrel about authenticity of Apollo .

"Well your talking to the wrong guy !"

"Why don't you talk to the administrator at NASA. We were just passengers"

"If you show this to anybody publicly you're in for a lawsuit".

Pretty strange words for a guy who allegedly walked on the Moon .

Here's a clip from 'Astronauts Gone Wild ' .... Watch the guilty behavior of the Apollo astronots .... Some "heros" they turned out to be . :rolleyes:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=9arbAsN6MCE

Just to put things in perspective, the very first scene in the video is Bart Sibrel stalking Buzz Aldrin outside a hotel.

Sibrel: "You're the one who said you walked on the moon when you didn't. Calling the kettle black. If I ever thought of saying, misrepresented..."

Aldrin: "Will you get away from me?"

Sibrel: "You're a coward and a xxxx, and a..."

Aldrin: BOSCH!!! :box

Sibrel: "...thief. Did you get that on camera?"

Good on yer, Buzz. :)

Most astronauts have refused to grant him interviews due to his questionable tactics used in attempts to obtain footage of them confessing to being conspirators in a hoax. The most infamous incident involved Apollo 11 crew member Buzz Aldrin, the second man to walk on the moon. According to Aldrin, he was lured to a Beverly Hills hotel under the pretext of an interview on space for a Japanese children's television show. When he arrived, Aldrin claims Sibrel was there demanding that he swear on a Bible that he had walked on the moon.

When Aldrin refused, Sibrel called him a coward, a xxxx, and a thief. Aldrin gave Sibrel a punch in the jaw, which was recorded. Sibrel's reaction was to ask, "Did you get that on camera?" However, it is widely believed that this question was dubbed into the video at a later time when it was posted online in an effort to make Sibrel appear as if he had not been phased by the punch. (Versions of the video available online lack the statement "Did you get that on camera," thus indicating that two versions of this video are likely to exist: the original and a studio-edited version.) Sibrel later attempted to use the tape to convince police and prosecutors that he was the victim of an assault. However, it was decided that Aldrin had been provoked, and (based on Sibrel's unfazed, nearly instant reaction to his camera man) did not actually injure Sibrel, and no charges were filed. Many talk show hosts aired the clip, making Sibrel the butt of jokes.

Jim McDade, writing in the Birmingham News, characterized A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Moon as "full of falsehoods, innuendo, strident accusations, half-truths, flawed logic and premature conclusions." According to McDade, the "only thing new and weird" in the 47-minute film is that the claim that video views of Earth were actually filmed through a small hole to give the impression that Apollo 11 was not in low earth orbit. "Bart has misinterpreted things that are immediately obvious to anyone who has extensively read Apollo history and documentation or anyone who has ever been inside an Apollo Command Module or accurate mockup," says McDade.

Aldrin's attorney, Robert O'Brien, says that Sibrel has a history of stalking other former astronauts, including Neil Armstrong, Alan Bean, and Al Worden. Buzz Aldrin's wife Lois summed up her feelings about Bart Sibrel: "He said things I can't repeat. He was not a nice man, and it really upset Buzz a lot."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bart_Sibrel

If somebody is making a film questioning the moral fiber of it's nations "heroes," you would figure some attempt at legitimacy and good faith would be maintained by the director as to not come off like some sort of ignorant hypocrite. I suppose Bart Sibrel feels that since he's decided that some people are frauds and , that gives him the right to be one too. Ambushes and interviewing under false pretense are scumbag tactics. It's further aggravating that he refuses to leave the people alone when they tell him to f**k off, and instead shove a bible in their face.

"SWEAR on this BIBLE under penalty of Perjury, Eternal Damnation, and TREASON that you walked on the MOON!!!!" Whoever chases people around this way doesn't not deserve compliance, they deserve to be beaten with that bible until they're in a coma or better. "Six astronauts REFUSED to swear on this bible, PROOF that the moon landing was a HOAX!!!!" Bullxxxx! Ever think that it might be great supporting evidence to the theory that you're an obnoxious f**k???

At no point does this film really give any convincing testimony to the directors "truth." Some conspiracy theory is touched upon, but is inadequately explained to be either compelling or very interesting. Probably the only reason to watch this is to see how much you end up hating the director by the end. You stop caring about what the people are talking about, and just watch a maniac annoy and provoke senior citizens... which is mildly entertaining I suppose.

http://frottage.blogspot.com/2006/03/proof...akes-worse.html

At this point in the story, it behooves me to ask: Short of taking No-Doz to avoid missing even a minute of a “Battlestar Galactica” marathon on UPN, is there anything that quite qualifies a guy for loserdom than setting up fake interviews with fake Japanese producers and then chasing an ex-astronaut onto the street with a Bible?

Sibrel is in such a deep orbit that even other conspiracy theorists complain that he’s giving conspiracy theorists a bad name.

“The claim that the moon landing is a hoax is completely crackpot,” Kevin Christopher, a spokesman for Skeptical Inquirer magazine, told the L.A. Times. “He’s just crazy. The scientific evidence is overwhelming” (Then again, Skeptical Inquirer recently examined the possibly that Bigfoot—a.k.a. Sasquatch, a.k.a. Yeti—is real.)

So if even the conspiracy theorists think we landed on the moon, where, exactly, did this conspiracy theory originate? (I mean, let’s face it, “Capricorn One” was not that good a movie.)

Sibrel didn’t return my calls, but his Website claims that if you look at photos supposedly taken on the moon, some of the shadows appear to intersect, which should be impossible considering that the Sun was the only source of light. And how come no stars show up in the lunar sky? And why didn’t the Command Module leave a blast crater? And what about the green cheese? Why is NASA holding out on us? There’s your conspiracy!

Of course, you’ll have to pay good money to see Sibrel’s “evidence.” NASA, on the other hand, offers its evidence for free.

This is the part of my story where I would typically call in a psychologist, who would say that in our stressful, complex world, conspiracy theories offer a neat-and-tidy explanation for things that may not be so clear. The psychologist would also talk about how conspiracy theories tend to circulate, especially now, thanks to the Internet because people of like minds tend to seek each other out, the better to feel that it’s “us” versus “them.”

But I didn’t bother to call a psychologist because the actual truth about the moon conspiracy theories is that it’s built entirely of manure.

http://gershkuntzman.homestead.com/files/Moon_Stalker.htm

(I disagree here - I really enjoyed CAPRICORN 1. Elliot Gould and Telly Savalas were terrific IMO.)

Aldrin's attorney, Robert O'Brien, says that Sibrel has a history of stalking other former astronauts, including Neil Armstrong, Alan Bean, and Al Worden. Buzz Aldrin's wife Lois summed up her feelings about Bart Sibrel: "He said things I can't repeat. He was not a nice man, and it really upset Buzz a lot.

Hiding behind his wife's skirts with this kind of character assassination of Sibrel is quite pathetic , though quite typical of those who defend the guilty .

Sibrel's tactics of getting interviews with the Apollo astronots may have been a bit uncalled for in their aggressivness , but the guy should be given a medal for exposing their lies , nervertheless .... If it wasn't for him , none of us would have ever been privy to the outright contradictions of their "Moon" stories and their highly strange behavior of running away from anyone who questions the authenticity of their alleged accomplishments.

I'm sorry , but when Mitchell's son threatend to call the CIA to have Sibrel "waxed" , that really did say it all .

Evan ... I gotta hand it to you ... When it comes to posting pro Apollo "rebuttals" , you are as quick on the draw as Waspie is! ... You must have both gone to the same Apollo defending school for moderator's . :lol:

Edited by Duane Daman

(I disagree here - I really enjoyed CAPRICORN 1. Elliot Gould and Telly Savalas were terrific IMO.)

Absolutely. Telly Savalas' cameo is one of the funniest roles he's played! Script had some very funny lines, but the direction, production values and some wooden acting let it down slightly. As well as the truly corny ending.

Definitely worth watching for Elliot Gould and Telly Savalas alone!

Aldrin's attorney, Robert O'Brien, says that Sibrel has a history of stalking other former astronauts, including Neil Armstrong, Alan Bean, and Al Worden. Buzz Aldrin's wife Lois summed up her feelings about Bart Sibrel: "He said things I can't repeat. He was not a nice man, and it really upset Buzz a lot.

Hiding behind his wife's skirts with this kind of character assassination of Sibrel is quite pathetic , though quite typical of those who defend the guilty .

Nah, he hid behind his right fist. Not bad for a 70-odd year old bloke!

Sibrel's tactics of getting interviews with the Apollo astronots may have been a bit uncalled for in their aggressivness , but the guy should be given a medal for exposing their lies , nervertheless .... If it wasn't for him , none of us would have ever been privy to the outright contradictions of their "Moon" stories and their highly strange behavior of running away from anyone who questions the authenticity of their alleged accomplishments.

I'm all for investigative journalism, but this was out and out stalking. A medal for encouraging cultural vandalism? Personally I think he should be given an ice-pack for his cheek, a dummy-tit for his mouth, and a rocket up his @rse.

I'm sorry , but when Mitchell's son threatend to call the CIA to have Sibrel "waxed" , that really did say it all .

Perhaps a joke? Sense of humour? Or do astronauts' sons really have a hot-line to CIA assassination squads?

An ex-girlfriend threatened to have me waxed once. Not all women appreciate a hairy chest. Apparently, not all astronauts appreciate a creepy loon worming his way into their homes and calling them liars and cheats. You want to give him a medal? Do me a favour, don't be careful with the pin :lol:

Quite true. Duane is forgetting when Sibrel forced his way into the Armstrong house, with a large dog threatening Mrs Armstrong. A xxxx, dishonest, underhanded... that probably does make him the stereotypical journalist.