The Education Forum

Interview with History: The JFK Assassination

**FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE**

Man Claims Responsibility for Death of President JFK

New Book Features Confessions of the Self-Proclaimed “Grassy Knoll Shooter”

KIHEI, Hawaii – When the assassination of President John F. Kennedy is brought up – even today, over 40 years later – it still has the power to evoke incredible emotion. Most people who were alive on that day still remember exactly where they were when they heard the news, and Lee Harvey Oswald has become a household name, many still convinced he was to blame despite various conspiracy theories which indicate otherwise.

The name James E. Files is not a household name; most have never even heard it. But in 1994, James E. Files confessed on film that he was the gunman who fired the infamous headshot that killed JFK on Nov. 22, 1963, from behind the picket fence on the grassy knoll in Dealey Plaza. Now he is divulging even more information in the new book Interview with History: The JFK Assassination (published by AuthorHouse). In the book, Files and author Pamela J. Ray explore the truth behind some very basic questions still lingering decades after that fateful autumn day: Why was President Kennedy killed? Who benefited? And who had the power to cover it all up?

Interview with History features Ray’s interviews with Files, conducted meticulously over the years through highly-monitored letters and transcribed phone calls from Stateville prison in Joliet, Ill., where Files is a prisoner for what he claims is an act of self-defense against an attempt on his life by the government. A former CIA and mob hit man, Files actually considers the JFK assassination one of the least important “jobs” he was asked to do in his lifetime, and he hopes that this book will forever put to rest the subject of his involvement.

“Facing incredible odds, danger and huge debt, it has been a labor of love, sacrifice and hardship to get this book to the people,” Ray writes. “Although over 2500 books have been written about the assassination, Interview with History: The JFK Assassination is the only authorized published work based on the confession of the grassy knoll shooter, James E. Files.”

Interview with History also delves into other “related, shadowy, underworld subjects where it is hard to tell where organized crime stops and the CIA (and other U.S. government agencies) begin,” all based upon Files’ years of experience in the shadows. There is a section called “A Hit on the Mob – Operation Family Secrets,” and another called “Marilyn Monroe and the Kennedy Brothers,” which reveals what Files really thinks happened to the Hollywood starlet. Yet another looks at the dark side of the Vatican and how it ties into the JFK assassination.

“The book includes many photos and unique captions that will undoubtedly cause a controversy ‘back east,’” writes Ray. “This is a must see for researchers looking for a new road if they have been winding up on dead end streets.”

AuthorHouse is the premier book publisher for emerging, self-published authors. For more information, please visit www.authorhouse.com.

###

Interview is in 5 parts

Part 1 link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hw-ievRAgzc

"Grassy knoll jfk" key words

Pamela,

I've always wondered in which state(s) it is that the felony crime of murder has a statute of limitations.

If there are none, one wonders at the lunacy of someone who'd say "hey, it was me! Give me the needle!"

It likewise astounds me that someone might discover that "wow, I've found a murderer," and would feel that the better course is to write a book - and hopefully make a buck - about the crime rather than turn the perpetrator in to authorities.

The only way that I can reconcile these issues is [a] if the purported perp knows full well there is no evidence other than "a work of fiction" that can convict him, and if the author knows full well that there is no basis to the claims, that there's nothing prosecutable really going on, but that it makes a good read anyway (as in "people will buy anything!").

Speaking as the author, intimately involved with a person claiming to have perpetrated a felonious murder, can you provide some insight into the thinking that the commission of such a crime is more of a commercial than a criminal venture, and that having published his story, the supposed perp is not - and need not worry about being - subject to prosecution?

If authorities have, in fact, examined Files' claims and found them to be without sufficient merit to warrant prosecution, how and why would the general public have any cause to believe that he actually did what he claimed? If he's been exonerated by virtue of such investigations, why is he screaming out that, really, no matter what they say, I really did commit murder, and can prove that I should be prosecuted?

Does the man have a death wish ... or a sure knowledge that he'll not face that consequence as a result of his confession? What were the reactions not only of the authorities whose attention you first brought this to (and were they competent jurisdications), but also of the AuthorHouse folks under whose aegis you've published and who may thus share in whatever criminal liabilities there may be for your having aided this admitted murderer in the "promotion" of his crime?

I'm not concerned with whether you believe Files' guilt in this - any more than I'm concerned a lawyer needs believe in his client's innocence (even if an author doesn't share the attorney's immunity) - but with how it came to pass that a criminal confession is set to be a published novel. Your comments are greatly appreciated.