The Education Forum

The vanishing pool of blood

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Robin,

I wonder if it's possible that Coley was Lamppost Man (with his friend Mulkey the man on the lamppost with him). It's conceivable that the lamppost became a "portable stop sign" with a "concrete base" in the retelling of the story (either when related in the book, or as remembered from the book by the author of the article).

It seems to me that a portable stop sign wouldn't have much a concrete base to stand on for a better view of anything. Are there any portable stop signs visible anywhere along Houston Street in photos from that day?

Robin,

I wonder if it's possible that Coley was Lamppost Man (with his friend Mulkey the man on the lamppost with him). It's conceivable that the lamppost became a "portable stop sign" with a "concrete base" in the retelling of the story (either when related in the book, or as remembered from the book by the author of the article).

It seems to me that a portable stop sign wouldn't have much a concrete base to stand on for a better view of anything. Are there any portable stop signs visible anywhere along Houston Street in photos from that day?

Hi Ron.

You must have read my mind, i was thinking exactly the same thing about the two men.

I will have a look through my images for any type of concrete stop sign.

Where exactly is the entrace to the " Old country jail " on Houston

Is that the "doorway" we see in Altgens 5 ?

Tony,

Thanks. So according to the ID in the photo, it is Mulkey, not Coley, who is Lamppost Man.

This of course conflicts with the ID by one researcher some three years ago of Lamppost Man as Pakse Base Man (photo below). According to the researcher (who no longer posts here), LPM and PBM were "Major Lopez," involved with his team from Laos in the assassination, and killed in a barroom fight several years later.

paksebaseman.jpg

To add to the confusion, another researcher has identified PBM as a Raven pilot who was not LPM and had nothing to do with the assassination, and another has identified PBM as a CIA operative, not a Raven.

So I wonder who's right. It would great if someone could come up with a photo of Mulkey, particularly from the 1960s.

There is a link to a filmed interview with Jerry Coley on the web page below.

FWIW.

http://scottmyers63.com/jfk2/media.html

James

Thanks James.

In this frame two cops appear to be looking at something down on the ground.

Also of interest are the young black couple standing near the bench, and the paper bag sitting on the bench.

FWIW.

James

Thanks James.

Also of interest are the young black couple standing near the bench, and the paper bag sitting on the bench.

Thx James & Robin,

I got the audio of Coley but not the video.

Where did Coley say the blood was?

Right at the head of the stairs, or where did he point to?

Thx

FWIW.

James

Thanks James.

Thx James & Robin,

I got the audio of Coley but not the video.

Where did Coley say the blood was?

Right at the head of the stairs, or where did he point to?

Thx

At the top of the stairs and that is where he pointed also - I can't see anything in the Darnell frames - I assume it would be off to the left or righthand side - anyway, here's a mock-up in which I used one side for illustration. Note that this is many feet away from the stain seen in the Darnell frames and the area designated as a liquid red pool on Roberdeau's plat.

- lee

'What's going on?' screamed someone from the back of the bus. At that moment I saw a man I believed to be a photographer - but don't ask me what kind of camera he carried - struggling up a grassy embankment ahead and to the right of the President's car, ducking his head as if under fire. He was pursued - or, at any rate, followed - by a motorcyle policeman who rammed his three-wheeled machine over a curb and, as it righted itself, pulled a pistol from his holster....

Edited by Lee Forman

At the top of the stairs and that is where he pointed also - I can't see anything in the Darnell frames - I assume it would be off to the left or righthand side - anyway, here's a mock-up in which I used one side for illustration. Note that this is many feet away from the stain seen in the Darnell frames and the area designated as a liquid red pool on Roberdeau's plat.

- lee

'What's going on?' screamed someone from the back of the bus. At that moment I saw a man I believed to be a photographer - but don't ask me what kind of camera he carried - struggling up a grassy embankment ahead and to the right of the President's car, ducking his head as if under fire. He was pursued - or, at any rate, followed - by a motorcyle policeman who rammed his three-wheeled machine over a curb and, as it righted itself, pulled a pistol from his holster....

Thx Lee for info & illustration.

This bears looking into.

Coley said he saw motorcycles on the grass.

BTW, that quote: can't remember the reporter's name. Who?

- lee

Thx Lee for info & illustration.

This bears looking into.

Coley said he saw motorcycles on the grass.

BTW, that quote: can't remember the reporter's name. Who?

White House correspondent Charles Roberts account of the assassination from the Press Bus.

"At about that time, give or take two seconds, the motorcade, which most newsmen estimated had been moving at about 20 miles an hour, ground to an uncertain halt....

'What's going on?' screamed someone from the back of the bus. At that moment I saw a man I believed to be a photographer - but don't ask me what kind of camera he carried - struggling up a grassy embankment ahead and to the right of the President's car, ducking his head as if under fire. He was pursued - or, at any rate, followed - by a motorcyle policeman who rammed his three-wheeled machine over a curb and, as it righted itself, pulled a pistol for his holster...."

Newsweek, December 5, 1966, pgs 22 - 23.

- lee