The Education Forum

Who is/was this man?

Is there a known photo of Thomas Mosely or Homer Echevarria?

Wim

Very good question, Wim.

I hope someone can oblige. I would very much like to see a picture of Homer Echevarria. I've never seen one. The fact that he mysteriously faded from view after the Chicago incident makes him interesting, imo. He might have been involved in the Tippit killing, imo, if he matches the 'short and bushy hair' description of Tippit's killer. Just a hunch.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe in Harvey and Lee, that there were at least 2 men sharing the identity of Lee Harvey Oswald. Could this photo of the man on the right be one of Lee Oswald? I'll state right away that he does not look like Donald O. Norton -- his nose is too slim. OK. Could he be the killer of J.D. Tippit? Witnesses describe LHO as the killer -- and I believe Lee killed Tippit.

(Kathleen Collins)

Kathy:

No credible witness "describe(d) LHO as the killer" of Tippit.

Dawn

You're right. I should have referred to Harvey and Lee. In that book I understand John Armstrong believed Lee Oswald killed Tippit because Tippit mistook Lee for Harvey and was about to kill him. Instead Tippit was killed and Ruby had to kill Harvey.

Kathy Collins

Is there a known photo of Thomas Mosely or Homer Echevarria?

Wim

Very good question, Wim.

I hope someone can oblige. I would very much like to see a picture of Homer Echevarria. I've never seen one. The fact that he mysteriously faded from view after the Chicago incident makes him interesting, imo. He might have been involved in the Tippit killing, imo, if he matches the 'short and bushy hair' description of Tippit's killer. Just a hunch.

Just as I thought. Photos of Echevarria are rare indeed.

Does anyone know when he died? Larry Hancock's 'Someone Would Have Talked' claims he was approached by the CIA in December 1964, when he and his father were interviewed by the agency. In February 1965 he was granted a provisional operational approval. However, this was cancelled in August 1965 due to a lack of interest in operational use.

That's all I've ever been able to learn about this enigmatic character. Very strange.

The Tenth Batch....from Fair Play.........further information within this article........

Document # 180-10087-10136 is a seven page report from the Chicago Field Office of the Secret Service on Thomas Mosley and Homer S. Echevarria. Information is supplied by an informant still unknown, the symbol number for this informant is 2-1-266. Investigation was made by SS agents Edward X. Tucker, Joseph E. Noonan, Gary M. McLeod and James S. Griffiths. It covered a period between November 29-December 10, 1963. It was previously numbered as CO-2-34,030. It was previously titled Lee Harvey Oswald Assassination of President Kennedy. It is now numbered CO-2-34, 104. It is now titled Homer S. Echevarria.

The informant told of meetings between Echevarria and Mosley and between Mosley and a man named "Mannie" (last name unknown), who allegedly is a leader of all Cuban groups in Chicago. "Mannie" expressed an interest in obtaining automatic weapons, detonators and explosives. These items were to be paid in cash for an action to take place in 90 days.

http://www.acorn.net/jfkplace/09/fp.back_i...rrb_tenth2.html

B.......

Edited by Bernice Moore

Record: ECHEVARRIA, HOMER (HOMERIO) SAMUEL VALDIVIA

Sources: CD 87, pp. 1-8 SS 336, SS 443, SS 477, SS 523, SS 626; HSCA Reel 52, Box 29, Folder F (AMKW 29) re Homer Samuel ECHEVARRIA Valdivia; FBI JFK 124- 10027-10044, Lifton's pp. 43-44

Mary's

Comments: White, male Cuban. 32, 3' 9", 160 lbs, black hair, mustache, olive complexion. In Chicago, he maintained steady employment as Chicago transit authority bus driver. Son of Ebelia Echevarria, a "source" for the Chicago office of the FBI. Born at Jatibonico, Camaguay, Cuba. Employed by C. J. Simpson Drilling Co., resided briefly in Dallas at 10353 Denton Drive. Fled Castro's Cuba. Resided in Anniston, Ala 6 months. Had entered United States on July 6, 1960 at Miami, FL, via Cuvano Airlines flight No. 808. I&NS Alien Number is A-12 236 480 (201-767409)

Homer Echevarria - Taking Care of Kennedy

http://www.maryferrell.org/wiki/index.php/...Care_of_Kennedy

B.........

Bernice posted this:

The Tenth Batch....from Fair Play.........further information within this article........

Document # 180-10087-10136 is a seven page report from the Chicago Field Office of the Secret Service on Thomas Mosley and Homer S. Echevarria. Information is supplied by an informant still unknown, the symbol number for this informant is 2-1-266.

B.....

Bernice

It turned out that Informant #2-1-266 is actually Thomaz Mosley, himself. Besedes Homer Echeverria, I would like more info about Mosley. There are descrepencies as to who and what he realy was. What happened to him later and did he have a differnt name.

Dixie

Bernice posted this:

Document # 180-10087-10136 is a seven page report from the Chicago Field Office of the Secret Service on Thomas Mosley and Homer S. Echevarria. Information is supplied by an informant still unknown, the symbol number for this informant is 2-1-266.

B.....

Bernice

It turned out that Informant #2-1-266 is actually Thomaz Mosley, himself. Besedes Homer Echeverria, I would like more info about Mosley. There are descrepencies as to who and what he realy was. What happened to him later and did he have a differnt name.

Dixie

Dixie,

Mosley also used the name Art Rickoften and his codename was 'Blackfoot'.

James

Bernice posted this:

B.....

Bernice

Dixie

Hi Dixie:

That informations you mention about Mosley appearing to be the informant, is within the above Tenth Batch article ....I posted...by Joe Backus ...........

he states.....

"Okay, Mosley appears to be the informant 2-1-266 because he is instructed to contact Homer Echevarria, who is a co-worker with the informant as a driver of a Chicago Transit Authority city bus. Both the informant and the suspect work out of Keeler Station, 4221 West Diversey Avenue, Chicago, Illinois. "

http://www.acorn.net/jfkplace/09/fp.back_i...rrb_tenth2.html

Yes it would be interesting to know where he disappeared to, he could have been operating under an alias, as well as perhaps many others within, and then resumed, his own or another later.....the game of playing to two or more masters perhaps.......

As James refers to also.......

The information about Mosley calling himself Art Rickoften is also from the same Joe Backus article......but "Blackfoot" is a new one, tx ...James.

"A check of the Chicago Police Department files on suspect Thomas Mosley revealed a record for Mosley under the alias Art Rickoften where in 1959 he was arrested for possession of fictitious license plates. A search of his car found machine guns. He was turned over to the Alcohol and Tobacco Tax Division of the Internal Revenue Service. "

see link.....

B.......

Edited by Bernice Moore

Just throwing a name out there as I have never seen a picture of him. Is it Curtis (Larry) Crafard?

He resided at the Carousel Club but disappeared immediately after the assassination. Knew Tippett. Was 22 years old. Ruby introduced him to others as 'Oswald'. According to his brother, Edward, he was heavily involved in the assassination. Crafard himself admitted to researcher Peter Whitmey that he was a 'hitman' in the 60's. He had a 'special Army discharge' Garrison was interested in him but due to lack or resources and the lack of a direct New Orleans link he never followed through. He thought he may have been Tippets killer. He is mentioned in Joan Mellon's book page 260. No photo though.

Just throwing a name out there as I have never seen a picture of him. Is it Curtis (Larry) Crafard?

He resided at the Carousel Club but disappeared immediately after the assassination. Knew Tippett. Was 22 years old. Ruby introduced him to others as 'Oswald'. According to his brother, Edward, he was heavily involved in the assassination. Crafard himself admitted to researcher Peter Whitmey that he was a 'hitman' in the 60's. He had a 'special Army discharge' Garrison was interested in him but due to lack or resources and the lack of a direct New Orleans link he never followed through. He thought he may have been Tippets killer. He is mentioned in Joan Mellon's book page 260. No photo though.

Hi Maggie:

Here is Larry Crafard and ?....for you to compare.........

Thanks......

B...

Edited by Bernice Moore

Thanks Bernice. Do you know how old he was in these photos? Or when they were taken?

Hi Maggie:

The photos of Larry were taken from the Warren Commission...so 64 ish.. ....off hand no idea how old he was, but does

appears to be in his 20's ??

He is another from the W/C.....

B.....

Edited by Bernice Moore

Record: ECHEVARRIA, HOMER (HOMERIO) SAMUEL VALDIVIA

Sources: CD 87, pp. 1-8 SS 336, SS 443, SS 477, SS 523, SS 626; HSCA Reel 52, Box 29, Folder F (AMKW 29) re Homer Samuel ECHEVARRIA Valdivia; FBI JFK 124- 10027-10044, Lifton's pp. 43-44

Mary's

Comments: White, male Cuban. 32, 3' 9", 160 lbs, black hair, mustache, olive complexion. In Chicago, he maintained steady employment as Chicago transit authority bus driver. Son of Ebelia Echevarria, a "source" for the Chicago office of the FBI. Born at Jatibonico, Camaguay, Cuba. Employed by C. J. Simpson Drilling Co., resided briefly in Dallas at 10353 Denton Drive. Fled Castro's Cuba. Resided in Anniston, Ala 6 months. Had entered United States on July 6, 1960 at Miami, FL, via Cuvano Airlines flight No. 808. I&NS Alien Number is A-12 236 480 (201-767409)

Homer Echevarria - Taking Care of Kennedy

http://www.maryferrell.org/wiki/index.php/...Care_of_Kennedy

B.........

Bernice ,

Thanks for that. (The Mary Ferrell database has listed HE's height as 3'9", btw.)