The Education Forum

Dallas Org Crime 1945-64

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/...ancedResults.do

John Farrentello's father worked at Ed Mc Lamora's Sportorium in Dallas and ran numbers for the Dallas mob in the 40's. He had a son Johnney JR. They lived on Buna Vista street, in Dallas...(1949-65).., three houses from the Morgan residence 3314 Elizabeth St where young Plumlee lived in 1952. Farrentello Sr. also worked for Ruby in the early sixties. (documented)

Bobby Plumlee, John Farrentello, and Eugene Huckaby were arrested near New Orleanes, LA in 1952, in a stolden car. Plumlee was 14 years of age.

(documented)

The Farrentello's were friends of John Roselli and the Smaldones of Colorado. Plumlee became friends with Roselli in Miami. Farrentello in the 62-63 time frame worked on the ship REX and later JM/WAVE Miami Station........"....hip bone connected....""". (documented)

Military QC Classified Secret Subject XXXXX Pentagon AllSUP JCS 2 ........ " attatched to xxxxxxx Ft Sam Houston 42 pages classsified in its int NOFOR

Tosh,

Regarding John Farrentello, is he the same guy that in the late 1950's ran the Texas Nut Company?

James

James: I'm not sure. I do know that he had some interest in the "Starlite Club". and the "Rainbow Gardens". And at one time booked "Candy Barr" at Ruby's club. There was another person named "Shorty Wymer" ( Y mer phoe sp) who owned the "Knox Street theater, across the street from the Highland Park Pharmacy on Knox St during the war years and for awhile after. Not sure if that means anthing except they all knew Jack Ruby and hung out at the Sportatorum. All these people were close with Mac Wallace, Gordon Mc Clindon and others I can't recall from Dallas, Ft Worth, and, the Austin Texas region.

All these people had strong ties to the Dallas Police Department and gambling. They also had interest in the New Orleans and Miami area. But I do not know if there were any connections to the Nut Company you mentioned. Farrentello Sr. did know Ed Walker for whatever thats worth. A name comes to mind "Hoot Gibson" of east Texas and he associated with Texas elections officials and had many law enforcement contacks. Its been awhile.

The Farrentello's were friends of John Roselli and the Smaldones of Colorado. Plumlee became friends with Roselli in Miami. Farrentello in the 62-63 time frame worked on the ship REX and later JM/WAVE Miami Station........"....hip bone connected....""". (documented)

That's interesting. I've never seen a reference to a relationship between the Dallas crime family and the Denver/Pueblo family (led out of Denver by the Smaldone brothers and out of Pueblo by JIm COletti).

I've seen some references to the Farrentello's but this was more than I knew.

That's interesting. I've never seen a reference to a relationship between the Dallas crime family and the Denver/Pueblo family (led out of Denver by the Smaldone brothers and out of Pueblo by JIm COletti).

I've seen some references to the Farrentello's but this was more than I knew.

I hope the information helps in your research into this tradgic events of Dallas.

Here is another little tid bit for your research.

Check out the old burned down "KO KO Club and ITS big fire in Denver around the seventies and the Aloha Valley Beach Club and the owners (" Calverresie (spel pho) Grayhound racing at Denver, Pueblo, Phoenix and the some of the dog trainers and those who owned the "Concessions" of the time.

Some will say this is not related, but what can they say?

You will find a connection back to Dallas.... Have fun. I hope Ihave help in some small way... I'm playing with fire.... Its about time for the nuts on this forum to make their appearance.. Keep up the good work. "... again.., the hip bone connected to the leg bone and the leg bone connected to ...".

Tosh,

Regarding this connection from Colorado back to Dallas, would that be via James Dolan?

James

It could be, but I am not sure. I would not be in a position to know that lineage. However, I think you might be right. But I can't confirm that..... just can't remember. Farrentello and a "Jim Noland" used to "hang out-limited" at "Sloppy Joes" on Flagler in Miami. Noland was from Dallas and was involved in gun running and had something to do with Ceicel Franandez of Oak Cliff. I call that the "Texas Connection". But Lady Bird (if she were alive) would kick my A... can't say that word.

Thanks, Tosh.

This is all very interesting. James Dolan was associated with the Smaldones out of Colorado as well as a guy named George Fuqua who he ran small time poker game rip-offs with. Fuqua was killed in 1968 by James Cherry who a year later would also kill Dallas Deputy Sheriff Buddy Walthers.

All these crims were in turn associated with Jack Todd. We can also slide Jack Ruby into this melange of undesirables plus several other folk of dubious reputation. The Campisis, Lewis McWillie and R.D. Matthews all supporting cast in this drama.

One may even suspect that this network may have been employed for aspects of clean-up duty. In my opinion of course.

James

Thanks, Tosh.

This is all very interesting. James Dolan was associated with the Smaldones out of Colorado as well as a guy named George Fuqua who he ran small time poker game rip-offs with. Fuqua was killed in 1968 by James Cherry who a year later would also kill Dallas Deputy Sheriff Buddy Walthers.

All these crims were in turn associated with Jack Todd. We can also slide Jack Ruby into this melange of undesirables plus several other folk of dubious reputation. The Campisis, Lewis McWillie and R.D. Matthews all supporting cast in this drama.

One may even suspect that this network may have been employed for aspects of clean-up duty. In my opinion of course.

James

Now we go toward Mac Wallace? Careful or Lady Bird will jump from her grave and sick the "Boggy Man" on you.

Another name of that line.... "Jerry Stilley" (pho) Denver County Jail inmate brought up from Canyon City (doing life) on an appeal for killing a Denver cop. It was said he was connected to Denver's crime family and made a hit. Stilly killed himself in prison after all his appeals were thrown out. It seems he stabbed himself in the back.

Thanks, Tosh.

James

Now we go toward Mac Wallace? Careful or Lady Bird will jump from her grave and sick the "Boggy Man" on you.

Another name of that line.... "Jerry Stilley" (pho) Denver County Jail inmate brought up from Canyon City (doing life) on an appeal for killing a Denver cop. It was said he was connected to Denver's crime family and made a hit. Stilly killed himself in prison after all his appeals were thrown out. It seems he stabbed himself in the back. (emphasis added by Thomas G.)

He shouda been in da circus...

Edited by Thomas Graves

Thanks, Tosh.

James

Fuqua, a member of the Dixie Mafia, was recruited by Santo Trafficante to go after some deadbeat bettors, along with James Dolan.

Trafficantes association with teh Dixie mafia comes through his Dallas and New Orleans associations, as well as Florida's cracker mob.

Interesting note- JOe the Ram Saladino, a high level capo in the Denver underworld, also had a vacation home in the Tampa Bay area during Trafficante's heyday.

Thanks, Tosh.

James

Fuqua, a member of the Dixie Mafia, was recruited by Santo Trafficante to go after some deadbeat bettors, along with James Dolan.

Trafficantes association with teh Dixie mafia comes through his Dallas and New Orleans associations, as well as Florida's cracker mob.

Interesting note- JOe the Ram Saladino, a high level capo in the Denver underworld, also had a vacation home in the Tampa Bay area during Trafficante's heyday.

Yes. And less not forget the Phoenix--Tucson connection to Denver and the Grayhound Park Ned Warren and Reporter Don Boyles car bomb of the late seventies investigations. John Roselli made many trips to Tucson and Las Vegas. I hope this opens a lead and does not just die on the vine like most leads around here. James Cherry bought propety from Ned Warren near Prescott Arizona. Some others got whacked over that deal?

Right?

Reference Phoenix Org Crime Sgt. Ed Salem Sgt Harry Hawkins, and Dan Weaver lead investigators. Referenced also found in a PHX OO 302 file of the FBI as well as PHX 72-73 file as well as FBI 62-2116 Roselli file........ Good background work James and Scott.

Edited by William Plumlee