The Education Forum

Declassified military file

Posted at Plumlee's request - the reason he doesn't have his complete military files.

Thanks Peter; The documents posted were in no way the complete military file. I only posted the files obtained from the Texas National Guard at Camp Mabre Texas, because they were the only ones available to me. They were certified by the Adj. Gen of the Texas National Guard. In those files at the 49th Armored Div. HDQ was scattered pages of the Army Reserve and the regular Army found in their data base of which did not go to Saint Louis Mo and avoided the fire of 1972. These were not complete military files and I never said they were. I held the rank of Cpl in the Army Reserve as well as the Texas National Guard at the ages of 15-16-17. The post and document reflects I was in the military at 14-18 as those documents state. And I posted documentation to that effect. From 1952 until 1955 these files state for whatever reasons I was in military status. Others are still sealed.

The VA found and obtained another file from the "Pentagon, JC-2" which was much more detailed as to my military record and as a result I was awarded full VA benefits. Parts of that file are still "Classified" at the request of the CIA. May 1964.

I hope this helps you in your research. I have many other documents and documentation, as to what I have testified to the Senate of the United States and the Church Committee of (1974, I think it was) Because of the nature of that testimony some of it was behind close doors as the documentation states and was classified.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.dd214.us/index.html

Welcome to DD214!

The Road To Acquire Your DD214

Why is a DD214 important?

The Report of Separation contains information normally needed to verify military service for benefits, retirement, employment, and membership in veterans' organizations. Information shown on the Report of Separation may include the service member's:

Military job specialty

Military education

Decorations, medals, badges, citations, and campaign awards

Total creditable service

Nevertheless, there are many alternate sources that a qualified researcher can access in an effort to reconstruct basic service information

Among your personal papers, these will aid in your record reconstruction:

TDY or PCS orders

Promotion orders

Awards and decoration orders

Travel orders

Special duty orders

Training Certificates

Performance Reports/Evaluations

If you haven't maintained these records, hopefully you'll know of or be able to contact other veterans with whom you served. As you know, when military orders are issued they contain the names of other members of your unit affected by the same Standard or General Order affecting your promotion, transfer, etc.

One source of data for researchers is enlistment records. The NPRC maintains 9.2 million records for enlistments in the Army, Enlisted Reserve Corps, and Women's Army Auxiliary Corps.

Another primary source of alternate data utilized by professional researchers is a collection of 19 million final pay vouchers. These records provide name, service number, dates of service, and character of service. These are the most critical service data elements needed for the reconstruction process. With these and other organizational records (enlistment ledgers, service number indexes, etc.), both professional researchers as well as NPRC (MPR) personnel can usually verify military service and provide a Certification of Military Service. This Certification can be used for any purpose for which the original discharge document was used, including the application for veterans benefits.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. FACT: I was in the Texas National Guard in 1952 and I was 14 years of age.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.ph...12082&st=15

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q: Is it now accepted that Tosh's enlistment into the National Guard was legal?

A: No response

[current comment. Question was based on incorrect premise, as it now appears it was not legal]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.ocweekly.com/news/news/cocaine-airways/25835/

At 14 and a half, he forged a birth certificate and joined the Texas National Guard;

So, if he already knew the answer to this question, why ask us?

six months later he leapt to the U.S. Army,

Nope! Booted out of the Guard for being underage. Subsequently thereafter joined the Texas US Army Reserve (most probably with the same falsified birth certificate) and shortly thereafter* volunteered for RA Active Duty Service in the Air Defense Artillery located at Ft. Bliss, TX., only to be again booted out due to also again being found to be underage.

*From the records, one can not ascertain whether the individual was booted out of the USAR for being underage, and thereafter the next day volunteered RA Active Duty, or whether the individual volunteered for RA Active Duty directly from the Reserve Unit.

Since the discharge reason from the USAR indicates "Minority" also, it would appear that the individual was discharged from the USAR after having found to be underage (same as in NG), and immediately volunteered RA Active Duty.

-------------------------------------------------------------

leapt to the U.S. Army, which promptly discovered he’d lied about his age and booted him with an honorable discharge, adding that if he stayed in Dallas and came back in two years—this time with his parents’ consent—he could re-enlist.

-----------------------------------------------------------

And, according to provided USAR documents, in 1955 the individual again applied for enlistment back into his original NG Unit.

And, at the time, he was now married.

http://www.ocweekly.com/news/news/cocaine-...s/25835/?page=5

This photo appears to have been provided which demonstrates that Corporal William Plumlee, of some Armored Unit (left shoulder unit ensignia) is standing with his wife.

Which certainly appears to demonstrate that at some point AFTER July 1955, and AFTER his re-enlistment into the Texas National Guard, William Plumlee achieved the Rank of Corporal.

It should be further noted that the Texas National Guard would have full records of all schooling; training; and enlistment records of such service.

Perhaps one could get an explanation for that extremely short tour of RA service which was spent in the RA ARTY/aka Air Defense Artillery unit at Ft. Bliss, as well as expanded information relative to the additional 3-years of NG Service between the period of 1955 to 1958.

And received flight training under the GI Bill in 54..

http://www.dallashistory.org/cgi-bin/webbb...rames;read=9654

http://www.dallashistory.org/cgi-bin/webbb...ames;read=48198

I took flying lessons at White Rock Aviation in 1953. "Smitty" was my flight instructor. I soloed at White Rock in June of 53. Dave Ferris and I used to fly the old 'underpowered' Steerman with its Continual 220 engine that Pappy Reeves (I think owned) The Devil's Speedway was racing a "figure 8" type race and I would forward slip my J-3 Cub over the track and land on the dirt strip at White Rock. I worked as a engine rebuild mech at Southwest Airmotive night shift Dallas love Field as a young lad of 14-15 while going to Alex W Spence Jr.High in Dallas. I also refueled aircraft at Dallas Aero Service and cleaned the hanger when I was 14. I would wash the airplanes and clean the windows for free rides in the Loadstar C-60's

================================================================================

I. How did Plumlee get into the National Guard at 14 while on 4 years federal probation?

http://www.ocweekly.com/news/news/cocaine-airways/25835/

At 14 and a half, he forged a birth certificate and joined the Texas National Guard;

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With such reliable information as has been provided, it is quite irrelevant as to whether one is "shooting blanks" or even has a gun.

So long as the other party continues to shoot himself in the foot with his claims and "changed claims".

P.S. One can not draw on the G.I. Bill and/or draw against some perceived disability and be in the US Army Reserves, as is indicated in the 1955 photo.

http://www.ocweekly.com/news/news/cocaine-...s/25835/?page=5

Your specious and suspicous character assassination of Plumlee fools few, but fools. Now that your buddy in arms, GPH has died, perhaps its time to come 'clean' on where you really stand on things related to JFK. I find you mostly an obscuring agent IMO. I'd also like you to stop dodging [i've asked twice before and been met with a deafening silence I can only interpret as a confirmation of sorts] and state what your familiar relationship is to one of the Oswalds, within Project Oswald. Were you ever in psyops? Are you still? You appear to me as real as the magic bullet you seem to 'sell' yet 'say' you do not. Telling.....

Your specious and suspicous character assassination of Plumlee

Exactly how does one go about further assassinating the "character" of one who apparantly by his own admission was a "drug runner"; a car thief; and forger of bad checks.

Personally, I would attempt to blame such criminal activities on someone else also. The CIA; my momma; the Vietnam War; or whatever/whoever I could.