The Education Forum

Oswald's 'other apartment'

Francesca,

Why is Oswald's address listed on that employee list as being '605 Elsbeth Steet' when he left there in March of 63 (according to the WR) *before* he ever started work at the TSBD in October? By that time he would have been living at 1026 North Beckley.

Did LHO mistakenly give Elsbeth as his address when starting work there?

Otherwise how would it have been known? Something doesn't quite add up somewhere........

Another document also giving his address as 605 Elsbeth:

When LHO applied for a job at the TSBD, he gave 2515 W. 5th St in Irving as his address.

Lt. Jack Revill told the Warren Commission that he got the address from Detective Bob Carroll, who rode in the car with Oswald from the Texas Theater to Dallas Police Headquarters.

Later, he would call SS Agent Forrest Sorrels and tell him that Bob Carroll, who was driving the Texas Theater arrest car looked back over the seat and read the address off the library card and made a mistake with the street number.

See Warren Commission Document 948

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/...amp;relPageId=2

Revill told the WC that he composed his Report about 30 minutes to an hour after his encounter with FBI Agent Hosty in the Police Department basement, which took place around 2:45 to 2:50 PM.

Steve Thomas

Thanks for that Steve.

I guess that explains it but I was just suspicious. I had the feeling maybe they knew the address beforehand as Oswald was under surveillance of some kind. Just seems Revill's story of another detective seeing the address on the library card seems a bit 'convenient?' Or am I wrong? Revill worked for DPD intelligence didn't he?

"Revill told the WC that he composed his Report about 30 minutes to an hour after his encounter with FBI Agent Hosty in the Police Department basement, which took place around 2:45 to 2:50 PM."

I can't remember a citation (either Marrs or Armstrong, I think) but the ELSBETH ADDRESS

came from ARMY INTELLIGENCE through the DPD (maybe Revill). It obviously was not up to date.

Jack

Thanks Jack. Hm......that's what I had suspected hence my reply to Steve.

LHO had two apts. "the crazy doorway" entrance' on Elsbeth St, 605 or 602 I think ( from memory) also mentioned on this Forum years ago. Ask Jim Marrs and Peter Lemkin about that apt. I took Jim Marrs to both of these apt, Becklet and Elsbeth, also Nigel Turner and Oliver Stone's people were taken there by me..

good work

Someone kindly sent me this link to an article in The Fourth Decade magazine about the 'Cozy Eight Apartments' on Beckley:

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/...amp;relPageId=7

Is this one of the apartments you meant Tosh?

LHO had two apts. "the crazy doorway" entrance' on Elsbeth St, 605 or 602 I think ( from memory) also mentioned on this Forum years ago. Ask Jim Marrs and Peter Lemkin about that apt. I took Jim Marrs to both of these apt, Becklet and Elsbeth, also Nigel Turner and Oliver Stone's people were taken there by me..

good work

Someone kindly sent me this link to an article in The Fourth Decade magazine about the 'Cozy Eight Apartments' on Beckley:

Yes, and just how did Gary Taylor know that Oswald was ( supposedly) in the Beckley section of Oak Cliff? Not even Marina or the Taylors knew Oswalds address then, or later! Gary had a vague memory of getting an address from his mother- in- law, Jeane De Mohrenschildt, via (his wife) Alexandra, and searching for this place. However, he couldn't pinpoint the exact time frame, just btw "Sept -Nov. 15th", 1962. ( WC IX, pg 87-8) He may have been looking for the Elsbeth apt , as he helped Os move in there, a short time later, I believe.

Oswald supposedly told George Bouhe that he was staying at the"Carlton Boarding House in the Oak Cliff" No record was ever found of his residence there. ( see Marina + Lee pg. 254)

-Bill

-Bill

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='William O'Neil' date='Feb 10 2008, 05:47 PM' post='136542'

Yes, and just how did Gary Taylor know that Oswald was ( supposedly) in the Beckley section of Oak Cliff? Not even Marina or the Taylors knew Oswalds address then, or later! Gary had a vague memory of getting an address from his mother- in- law, Jeane De Mohrenschildt, via (his wife) Alexandra, and searching for this place. However, he couldn't pinpoint the exact time frame, just btw "Sept -Nov. 15th", 1962. ( WC IX, pg 87-8) He may have been looking for the Elsbeth apt , as he helped Os move in there, a short time later, I believe.

Oswald supposedly told George Bouhe that he was staying at the"Carlton Boarding House in the Oak Cliff" No record was ever found of his residence there. ( see Marina + Lee pg. 254)

-Bill

William, thanks for that information. I did not know of this 'Carlton Boarding House'. Do you (or anyone else) know whereabouts in Oak Cliff it was? Unfortunately I don't have the 'Marina and Lee' book.

"...that he was staying at the"Carlton Boarding House in the Oak Cliff"...".

No. The Cozy Eight was near the Beckley rooming house address and I feel someone assumed he rented or mis understood what Oswald said as to having an apartment in that building instead of the rooming house... I think it was across the street but not real sure how close the apartment was to the rooming house. Perhaps Oswald could have used the Cozy Eight as a reference point for his rooming house apartment. (my speculation)

The Cozy Eight was not in the price range for Oswald at the time. The Beckley Street Rooming house was in front of the apartment house which was located to the rear of the rooming house. That was a "safe house " and used by some of the Dallas Cubans associated with A-66 and other groups of the time.

Francesca: perhaps this might be of help in your research.

This is the apartment house behind the Beckley St rooming house. I was recently call a xxxx as to the existence of this apartment house. I was told I was wrong that there was not ANY buildings behind where Oswald lived on Beckley. This is the place where I carved my intials in the drainingborad in the kitcken.

The steps of the red house on the left is the room Oswald rented. Oswald was ONI at this time.

(photo taken by Tosh Plumlee Feb.2000)

post-1680-1204170219_thumb.jpg

Edited by William Plumlee

View Member Profile

Add as Friend

Send Message

Find Member's Topics

Find Member's Posts Today, 03:46 AM IP: 70.212.168.188 | Post #23 |

Advanced Member

Group: Members

Member No.: 1680

Warn: (0%)

This is the apartment house behind the Beckley St rooming house. I was recently call a xxxx as to the existence of this apartment house. I was told I was wrong that there was not ANY buildings behind where Oswald lived on Beckley. This is the place where I carved my intials in the drainingborad in the kitcken.

The steps of the red house on the left is the room Oswald rented. Oswald was ONI at this time.

Tosh, thanks for this additional info and the photo. You say that "Oswald was ONI at this time". By ONI, I assume you mean Office of Naval Intelligence. Am I right? How did you find this out?

Interesting.

• 2 weeks later...
View Member Profile

Add as Friend

Send Message

Find Member's Topics

Advanced Member

Tosh, thanks for this additional info and the photo. You say that "Oswald was ONI at this time". By ONI, I assume you mean Office of Naval Intelligence. Am I right? How did you find this out?

Interesting.

Sorry for the delay. I got lost in all the threads.

I think you can still find the file at Camp Maybre, Texas near Austin, 49th Armored Div H.Q.. There was a small reference as to information from Military Fourth Army, Dallas Texas, asking for information and the file of an ONI report from Hensley Field, Naval Air Station, near Mountain Lake, where one claiming to be LHO had signed in at the Gate. Dallas was asking for any and all information that ONI had on this person. ONI's reply was... "..no reply Class 3b refer to HQ for follow up...". That and other matters at Bauchman Lake ONI Naval Reserve Training Center, Dallas Love Field cause me to question if this was the real Oswald on a name similarity. Capt Charles A Tanner, advised that .."he thought it was, because of the request..". The document I referenced is still on file at these two stations, as of 2001. (I was told) Most of the files from Bauchman and Hensley, concerning this matter were taken to Camp Maybre in 1968. (Reference Jay Harrison Texas Researcher)

View Member Profile

Add as Friend

Send Message

Find Member's Topics

Advanced Member

Interesting.

I think you can still find the file at Camp Maybre, Texas near Austin, 49th Armored Div H.Q.. There was a small reference as to information from Military Fourth Army, Dallas Texas, asking for information and the file of an ONI report from Hensley Field, Naval Air Station, near Mountain Lake, where one claiming to be LHO had signed in at the Gate. Dallas was asking for any and all information that ONI had on this person. ONI's reply was... "..no reply Class 3b refer to HQ for follow up...". That and other matters at Bauchman Lake ONI Naval Reserve Training Center, Dallas Love Field cause me to question if this was the real Oswald on a name similarity. Capt Charles A Tanner, advised that .."he thought it was, because of the request..". The document I referenced is still on file at these two stations, as of 2001. (I was told) Most of the files from Bauchman and Hensley, concerning this matter were taken to Camp Maybre in 1968. (Reference Jay Harrison Texas Researcher)

Corrections for anybody researching this:

I think it may be Camp Mabry.

It is Mountain CREEK Lake.

Hensley Field has been closed and the NAS moved to Joint Reserve Base, Fort Worth

It is BACHMAN Lake.

Jack

View Member Profile

Add as Friend

Send Message

Find Member's Topics

Advanced Member

Interesting.

Hensley Field has been closed and the NAS moved to Joint Reserve Base, Fort Worth

It is BACHMAN Lake.

Jack

Thanks Jack. Your right. Thats what fast typing and poor eyesight will get you and spelling s.... with two t's.. late at night. What year was Hensley closed? Its been awhile since I'v been to Ling Temco Vaught as well as ONI.

View Member Profile

Add as Friend

Send Message

Find Member's Topics

Advanced Member

Interesting.

It is BACHMAN Lake.

Jack

Thanks Jack. Your right. Thats what fast typing and poor eyesight will get you and spelling s.... with two t's.. late at night. What year was Hensley closed? Its been awhile since I'v been to Ling Temco Vaught as well as ONI.

Hensley closed about ten years ago and became Naval Air Station Fort Worth, Joint Reserve Base...

the JRB because it also serves Air Force, Marine, Army and AF Building #4...but it is operated

by the Navy.

Jack

View Member Profile

Add as Friend

Send Message

Find Member's Topics

Advanced Member

Interesting.

It is BACHMAN Lake.

Jack

Hensley closed about ten years ago and became Naval Air Station Fort Worth, Joint Reserve Base...

the JRB because it also serves Air Force, Marine, Army and AF Building #4...but it is operated

by the Navy.

Jack

Again Thanks Jack. Perhaps there are still some old dusty records of the old place still out there. Seems some recently popped up at the Dallas DA why not at Hensley Field. I told researchers years ago before it closed to check on this but they did not...I even told them where to go. It was just easier to call me a xxxx and a fabricator and save the leg work.. I sure hope that CIA matter in Washingtom DC is resolved soon... Then some can go suck eggs. I did tell them about LHO and ONI, and the gate sign in sheets..., years ago.

• 3 years later...