The Education Forum

STONE ON "W"

Charles Drago

Word tonight that Oliver stone has cast Josh Brolin (No Country for Old Men) in the role of The Unelected in the director's upcoming "W" biopic.

Stone describes the work as Nixon, only lighter.

Ollie's 9-11 fold is fresh in our collective memory. What will he do for/to the meat puppet butcher (Sweeney Retard?) of Pennsylvania Avenue?

Guest David Guyatt
Word tonight that Oliver stone has cast Josh Brolin (No Country for Old Men) in the role of The Unelected in the director's upcoming "W" biopic.

Ollie's 9-11 fold is fresh in our collective memory. What will he do for/to the meat puppet butcher (Sweeney Retard?) of Pennsylvania Avenue?

Watched Nixon recently and realised, again, just how good Stone is, so I look forward to his latest...

Watched Nixon recently and realised, again, just how good Stone is, so I look forward to his latest...

From what I have read it sounds like he is trying to distance himself from the Stone of JFK.

(A fair and balanced look at his life overall, not a critique of Bush the election stealer). But I am sure nonetheless it

will be an excellent film. For those who missed Nixon, check it out, it is brilliant. Anthony Hopkins is a joy to behold.

Dawn

At least we can agree on some things Nixon, just like everything else Stone made (that I've seen) was excellent. It occurred to me that although Brolin is a very talented actor perhaps a comedian adept at playing clueless dolts would have been more appropriate for the role. Will Farrell could have reprised his “W” imitation from his days on Saturday Night Live, Ben Stiller or Owen Wilson would be other possibilities. Harvey Kietel on the other hand could have brought his talent at portraying demented characters to the role but is probably a little too old and in would be had to imagine him convincingly pulling off the vacant look so often seen on the president’s visage.

Stone called JFK and Nixon his Godfather 1 & 2. In some ways I agree. Whatever the case, I think Nixon is his best film, among many gems. But I hadn't heard about this biopic. The last I read he was working on another Vietnam picture call Pinkville.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000231/

Otto.

Edited by Otto B Cornejo