The Education Forum

LAPD and Oswald

Gary Buell

http://rakemucker.blogspot.com/2008/01/did...-oswald-to.html

"In the book, Chief: My Life in the L.A.P.D., Daryl Gates writes that the Los Angeles Police Department had a special intelligence unit that ran a program which sent American spies to Russia, totally clandestine and under deep cover. This was during the during the same period when Lee Harvey Oswald made his strange trip to the Soviet Union. A natural question arises; was the accused assassin part of the program?"

The CIA of course has worked with police intelligence units.

"In the book, Chief: My Life in the L.A.P.D., Daryl Gates writes that the Los Angeles Police Department had a special intelligence unit that ran a program which sent American spies to Russia, totally clandestine and under deep cover. This was during the during the same period when Lee Harvey Oswald made his strange trip to the Soviet Union. A natural question arises; was the accused assassin part of the program?"

Gary, Any way of corroborating it?

One LAPD link to both JFK and RFK murders was Manuel Pena. Pena worked on both cases and had also been an investigator for the Dodd Committee.

Of interest might be an exchange Gates had in a 1996 radio interview. Gates was asked who he supported in the Presidential race. He replied, "Bob Dole as he would appoint me director of the CIA."

While all big-city PDs have intelligence units that coordinate with [and some members who are part of] the CIA and FBI, DEA, NSA, ONI, MI etc., it would seem to me that this is an attempt to cover a CIA operation by putting it under the cover of a smaller player. I can't imagine what the LAPD or even NYPD would have to gain by putting spies in the USSR or anything other than local groups. Gates  however would know all about the RFK Assassination and its cover-up - though I'm sure he said little that is not the official mythology. In Dallas there were certainly a few DPD 'in on it' [some had just joined just for the event] and many more who were of political persuasion that they would just keep their mouths shut if they suspected what was really up....but I don't think the DPD was 'behind' the main event...they were for some smaller events and parts, obviously. In the roles above, I think the Police Departments were used as 'cut-outs' for bigger players and entities with more power.

I guess a person had to have been very much involved to tell it like it was/is. I was so

involved, personally, at various levels. At the same time reporting to US. Intelligence.

H.Dean