The Education Forum

God Help Me, But I Can't Resist:

Charles Drago

http://www.rense.com/general80/smoking.htm

I don't even have a chihuhaua in this fight.

But that doesn't mean I don't relish the role of instigator.

So who drove the stake into the moon?

Excerpt from the link above:

Ted Twietmeyer (?) writes:

"This is another discovery I have made while reviewing NASA images that practically leaped off the screen. This is about a pole standing on the Moon placed there by Apollo 16. It may be the flagpole, but that cannot be determined by this photo. What's so amazing about this pole? Incredibly, the astronauts were able to hammer this into the ground without ever getting near it. The Lunar soil below the layer of dust was discovered during Apollo 11 to be quite hard, when the first flagpole was hammered into the moon. So the story goes.

"So how did the astronauts manage to hammer this pole into the Lunar soil without getting close to it? In the photo below, note how the footprints are all around the pole but never close to it. The only footprint near the pole about 2ft. away from the pole, is not facing the pole. This footprint is shown at nearly a 90 degree angle to the pole, visible in the lower right corner of this image. The same is true of the other closest footprint to pole in the background, also at a 90 degree angle. These footprint angles would be correct for an astronaut walking past the pole, not facing it to hammer it in."

More photos available at the link.

Charles

Edited by Charles Drago

Pretty sure that's a core sampling tool. Judging by the angle, he most likely was standing just out of frame to the left and leaning far forward to put his weight on it and drive it into the ground. I'm looking for this image now (of course, it's not identified on rense), there are almost certainly additional images of the scene.

The image appears to be AS16-115-18557, doesn't seem to be any better view of the scene unfortunately.

If you look closely, you can see partial footprints just below the one on the right, and they are facing towards the pole and less than 2 feet away from it.

http://history.nasa.gov/alsj/a16/AS16-115-18557HR.jpg

And if you think about it, they were taking core samples, they wouldn't want to disturb the area they were sampling before they took the sample, hense the tool is in the middle of an undisturbed spot that they had to lean over to reach.

Makes sense to me.

Any alternate viewpoints out there?

Makes sense to me too.

Here's an Apollo 16 training image that gives an idea of how far away the astronaut might be while hammering in the core sample.

a16.s72_33898.jpg

Speaking of hammering in core samples, take a look at ....

John Youngs Magical Moon Hoax Hammer

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Gej3IZibeMM

Watch as John Youngs magical trick hammer defies the laws of physics and somehow manages to gain velocity and accelerates after bouncing twice in inches of moon sawdust

Did NASA get Tommy Cooper in for the moonset SFX?

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=3cH6sLm_Fy0

BTW .... that's the same pole from that photo.... Unfortunately they had just turned the TV camera back on after travelling to that location and it was panning elsewhere when that photo was allegedly taken at the same time.

Edited by Duane Daman

Speaking of hammering in core samples, take a look at ....

John Youngs Magical Moon Hoax Hammer

Watch as John Youngs magical trick hammer defies the laws of physics and somehow manages to gain velocity and accelerates after bouncing twice in inches of moon sawdust

Did NASA get Tommy Cooper in for the moonset SFX?

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=3cH6sLm_Fy0

BTW .... that's the same pole from that photo.... Unfortunately they had just turned the TV camera back on after travelling to that location and it was panning elsewhere when that photo was allegedly taken at the same time.

I think your friend Mr Magoo needs to spend some time learning a bit about physics if he wants to understand what's going on here. Here are some terms he may wish to familiarise himself with.

Compound pendulum

Centre of mass

I'm willing to bet he's not really interested in understanding the mechanics of what's happening, so instead he can look at this nice video of a double pendulum in action. No doubt he has another ready explanation for how it apparently defies the laws of physic... Now that's magic!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Whvl6CikDxA

So John Young's moon hammer was really a double swinging pendulum !?!? :o

How about that ! :)

Nope, the hammer acts as a compound pendulum (albeit one without a fixed pivot). Like I said, Mr Magoo needs to read up on compound pendulums and centre of mass if he doesn't understand what he sees in the Apollo clip.

Of course, both you and I know he won't do that, so I included the clip of the double-swinging pendulum to demonstrate that anyone can make any claim they like about something they don't understand. Fortunately, a lack of understanding is not proof of anything except a person's ignorance on a subject. I happily admit to being mostly ignorant about the chaos theory surrounding the motion of a double pendulum, but I wouldn't use my own ignorance to claim that the footage of that double-pendulum is evidence of some kind of chicanery. It ain't magic, and it ain't wires. Mr Magoo doesn't seem to hold himself to that standard: he sees something he doesn't understand, and uploads a video to Youtube as proof of fakery.

The only person he's fooling is himself.

Edited by Dave Greer

Nope, the hammer acts as a compound pendulum (albeit one without a fixed pivot). Like I said, Mr Magoo needs to read up on compound pendulums and centre of mass if he doesn't understand what he sees in the Apollo clip.

Dave .... Greenmagoos left a comment for you on his video chanel which pretty much sums up how he feels about your ignorance about the reality of the Apollo photography .

I would post it here but that would be breaking the forum's rules and we all know what happens to members who do that .

But you can read his reply here . :D

Dave .... Greenmagoos left a comment for you on his video chanel which pretty much sums up how he feels about your ignorance about the reality of the Apollo photography .

I would post it here but that would be breaking the forum's rules and we all know what happens to members who do that .

But you can read his reply here . :)

Thanks for playing messenger-boy, but I couldn't really care less about what Mr Magoo is saying to get a rise out of me on another forum.

I'll remain happy in my ignorance, foolishly believing men landed on the moon! :D

Thanks for playing messenger-boy, but I couldn't really care less about what Mr Magoo is saying to get a rise out of me on another forum.

I'll remain happy in my ignorance, foolishly believing men landed on the moon! :D

Along with 99% of the world!

I'll remain happy in my ignorance, foolishly believing men landed on the moon!

If you prefer to remain happy in your ignorance about Apollo, then you are in the majority ... Just not as much of a majority as Evan would have us believe .

That figure is blatantly incorrect !

Here are some nine year old poll figures which should clear up any confusion you might have about the number of people who believe that Apollo was a hoax .

Poll of 1721 U.S. citizens found that more than 30 percent of all of the poll's respondents were "suspicious of NASA's trips to the Moon" with the number rising to over half in some demographic areas

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

According to a 1999 Gallup poll, about 6 percent of the population of the United States has doubts that the Apollo astronauts walked on the Moon. (Five percent had no opinion, while 89 percent believed the landings took place.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

20 percent of the public had doubts about the authenticity of the Apollo program

http://www.bigmantra.com/man_on_moon/public.html

Edited by Duane Daman

I'll remain happy in my ignorance, foolishly believing men landed on the moon!

If you prefer to remain happy in your ignorance about Apollo, then you are in the majority ... Just not as much of a majority as Evan would have us believe .

That figure is blatantly incorrect !

Here are some nine year old poll figures which should clear up any confusion you might have about the number of people who believe that Apollo was a hoax .

Poll of 1721 U.S. citizens found that more than 30 percent of all of the poll's respondents were "suspicious of NASA's trips to the Moon" with the number rising to over half in some demographic areas

According to a 1999 Gallup poll, about 6 percent of the population of the United States has doubts that the Apollo astronauts walked on the Moon. (Five percent had no opinion, while 89 percent believed the landings took place.)

20 percent of the public had doubts about the authenticity of the Apollo program

http://www.bigmantra.com/man_on_moon/public.html

The source you quoted also stated: Although, if taken literally, 6 percent translates into millions of individuals," Gallup said of this, "it is not unusual to find about that many people in the typical poll agreeing with almost any question that is asked of them; so the best interpretation is that this particular conspiracy theory is not widespread." My bolding.

Maybe 6% of Americans think the moon landings were faked, maybe they don't. That doesn't even compare to the 23% of Brits who think that Churchill wasn't real, according to a recent survey. The same amount thought Florence Nightingale was a fictional figure. No doubt a sad indictment of the UK educational system, or perhaps indicative of the "dumbing down" of society, but hardly worth using to prop up a "Churchill did not exist" theory.

Source

so the best interpretation is that this particular conspiracy theory is not widespread." My bolding.

Not only is it very widespread but it is continuing to spread even further, in spite of NASA and their supporters constant efforts to suppress it .

Maybe 6% of Americans think the moon landings were faked, maybe they don't. That doesn't even compare to the 23% of Brits who think that Churchill wasn't real

The belief that the Moon landings were faked has nothing to do with what the Brits think about Churchill ... What a ridiculous comparison .

Your attempt to minimize and trivilize the fact that millions of people don't believe that Apollo astronauts ever walked on the Moon is not only pretty lame but very transparent ... But then insulting the intelligence of those who believe Apollo was a hoax is all part of the game, right ?

Edited by Duane Daman