The Education Forum

Kennedy Ripples

Anyone ever heard of this book?

Kennedy Ripples: A True Love Story.

Description

Published by Lillian James Publishing, Los Angeles, 1994. First Edition. Binding is: Hardcover. . Book condition: Fine (F)/Jacket condition: Fine (F). Standard Book Size. . Inscribed and signed by author. . A very unusual book with links to the assassination of John F. Kennedy. Signed and inscribed by the author on the first free end page. 433 pages.

Publisher Notes

Based on extraordinary events that dramatically changed the life of the author, "Kennedy Ripples" unravels the human side of this century's greatest murder mystery as well as the unmerciful restrictions of celibacy. Pushing on the doors of sacred vows, this young married woman knew that loving her parish priest was forbidden. Yet, dauntlessly she & the priest enter into the abyss of secret, passionate love. Driven by their deepest desires, neither can avoid the inevitable. However, the priest is appointed director of the Dallas Cuban Relocation Committee, sending the veiled relationship in a frightening new direction. In the months prior to November 22, a Cuban temptress, Sylvia Odio, arrives on the scene to seduce the priest--but why? What is her diabolical secret that links her directly with accused assassin, Lee Harvey Oswald? Six weeks before Kennedy's murder, the priest mysteriously disappears, setting into motion Marianne's painful quest for the bitter truth. A gritty world of sordid intrigue & attempted murder await her as she follows her heart in the relentless search for her abducted love. A rogue's gallery of characters, straight out of the Warren Report, becomes the obstacle she must deal with as the layers of mystery unravel to a shocking revelation.

Steve Thomas

A film treatment masquerading as memoir.

It's on the "File and Forget" shelf.

Au Contrare, Charles, Ms. Sullivan's story goes to the heart of the Odio/Oswald saga, and her insight into the nexus of players - Odio sisters, John Martino, Father McChann, et al., adds a colorful dimension to the multitude of stories that become entwined during the Mexico City Saga - Sept. 24-Oct. 3, 1963, which is still being untwined.

LaFontaines mention the highlights in Oswald Talked, and call it the Harlequin Romance version of the assassination, but then again, what's McCahann's side of the story?

BK

Edited by William Kelly

Description

Published by Lillian James Publishing, Los Angeles, 1994. First Edition. Binding is: Hardcover. . Book condition: Fine (F)/Jacket condition: Fine (F). Standard Book Size. . Inscribed and signed by author. . A very unusual book with links to the assassination of John F. Kennedy. Signed and inscribed by the author on the first free end page. 433 pages.

Publisher Notes

Based on extraordinary events that dramatically changed the life of the author, "Kennedy Ripples" unravels the human side of this century's greatest murder mystery as well as the unmerciful restrictions of celibacy. Pushing on the doors of sacred vows, this young married woman knew that loving her parish priest was forbidden. Yet, dauntlessly she & the priest enter into the abyss of secret, passionate love. Driven by their deepest desires, neither can avoid the inevitable. However, the priest is appointed director of the Dallas Cuban Relocation Committee, sending the veiled relationship in a frightening new direction. In the months prior to November 22, a Cuban temptress, Sylvia Odio, arrives on the scene to seduce the priest--but why? What is her diabolical secret that links her directly with accused assassin, Lee Harvey Oswald? Six weeks before Kennedy's murder, the priest mysteriously disappears, setting into motion Marianne's painful quest for the bitter truth. A gritty world of sordid intrigue & attempted murder await her as she follows her heart in the relentless search for her abducted love. A rogue's gallery of characters, straight out of the Warren Report, becomes the obstacle she must deal with as the layers of mystery unravel to a shocking revelation.

Steve Thomas

Who's selling the book? It's non-fiction?

Kathy

Description

Publisher Notes

Steve Thomas

Kathy

Kathy

Amazon has it. (I just checked). There are only two customer reviews. But it sounds most interesting from what's been posted here. We need way more first person books on this case, from every perspective there is, before every last bit player is gone.

Dawn

Description

Publisher Notes

Steve Thomas

Kathy

Kathy

Amazon has it. (I just checked). There are only two customer reviews. But it sounds most interesting from what's been posted here. We need way more first person books on this case, from every perspective there is, before every last bit player is gone.

Dawn

Kathleen Sullivan, in her book, syas that she had an affair with Father McChann, the priest who catered to the needs of the Cuban exile community in Dallas. McChann was affiliated with the Catholic Relief Services, which also provided medical clinics for the Cuban exiles in Miami.

Sullivan was jealous of Sylvia Odio, who apparently also had an affair with the handsome and loveable priest.

McChann was one of the hosts when John Martino visited Dallas and McChann shared the stage with Martino when he gave a talk to promote his book I Was Castro's Prisoner.

McChann was also knoweldgeable about Odio's story of being visited by Oswald and two others, and in a telephone conversation between Odio and McChann, shared by a Secret Service Agent, Odio repeated the story and named one of the other visitors, although she later denied it.

Around the time of the assassination, McChann suspiciously disappered, and was reportedly in retreat at a seminary in New Orleans.

I think Sullivan tracked McChann down to Florida and visited him there.

McChann later reportedly left the priesthood, and was last known living in Thailand.

In any case, Sullivan's convoluted love story focuses on McChann, who apparently knows more than he has thus far said, and both living witnesses should be questioned if there is ever a Congressional Hearings or a Grand Jury.

BK

Bill,

In any case, Sullivan's convoluted love story focuses on McChann, who apparently knows more than he has thus far said, and both living witnesses should be questioned if there is ever a Congressional Hearings or a Grand Jury.

BK

I actually ran across the book while trying to research Sylvia's sister Sarita.

Sullivan apparently says in her book that Sarita was a member of something she called, "the Directorate."

I'm going under the assumption that she was referring to the Student Directorate, or DRE.

It was Sarita that the three men who came to Sylvia's apartment were looking for.

Sarita was a student at the University of Dallas. So was Fermin de Goicochea, aka George Parrell.

I read the other day that George? Nonte from Fort Hood met both John Thomas Masen and George Parrell.

Masen told Ellsworth that de Goicochea was trying to buy arms from him including bazookas.

(FNU) Othan, who took over as the leader of the DRE in Dallas told the FBI that one of the reasons the DRE wasn't so successful in Dallas was that the number of Cuban students in Dallas was so small.

I don't think that it is inconceivable that Sarita would have known de Goicochea.

Warren Commission Document #320 is a memo from SS Agent Rowley. On page 162 of that Report there is a newspaper article from October 27, 1963 - I can't make out which paper - concerning the Stevenson incident.

In the article, Bobbie Joiner said there was no preplanning for Stevenson incident, but that, “some of the signs used were stored at former Major General Edwin A. Walker’s headquarters on Turtle Creek Blvd.”

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/...p;relPageId=162

This was the same incident that Larry Schmidt took credit for in one of his letters to Bernard Weissman, in which he said that he had recruited 10 - 12 college students to picket Stevenson in October of 1963. Did some of those students come from the University of Dallas?

Alpha-66 members Juan Quintana and Raoul Castro were also at that demonstration.

In an 11/29/63 FBI interview, Lucille Connell said that Sylvia has said that Oswald had attended anti-Castro meetings and she found him to be "brilliant and clever".

However, in a April 5, 1976 letter from Dave Marston to Gaeton Fonzi, Marston talks about interviewing Lucille Connell. Marston says that Lucille Connell told him that Sylvia didn't say she had gone to meetings where Oswald was present and heard him speak, it was her sister who said that.

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/...amp;relPageId=5

Which kind of corroborates what Sylvia told the WC, that she didn't go to political meeting because they upset her:

"She (Connell) went to that meeting (with John Martino). I did not go, because they kept it quiet from me so I would not get upset about it."

"She was one of the ones that went to the meeting.

Mr. LIEBELER. Mrs. Connell?

Mrs. ODIO. Yes; and my sister Annie went, too."

And in 1976, Connell told Marston that Sylvia didn't go to political meetings.

Sylvia told the WC that Connell had confused Oswald with Martino as the person who was "clever and brilliant", but I think Sylvia was trying to cover up for her sister, although I don't know if it was Annie or Sarita that she was trying to cover for.

In their book, Oswald Talked, The La Fontaines write:

"It's possible to envision one such meeting at Silvia's Davis [street] apartment in which Oswald -- brilliant, clever, and perverse, as she described him -- may have been holding forth in the company of a youthful anti-Castro group, male friends and acquaintances of Silvia and Sarita. Let's suppose further that at this gathering Silvia found herself listening with concern as the conversation took a slightly crazy turn. President Kennedy was coming to town shortly, and the guys started dwelling on how he needed to be killed, not only for his string of "betrayals" beginning with the Bay of Pigs, but to precipitate a US invasion of Cuba (the assassination would be pinned on Castro's agents)"

I don't think that Sylvia is at the heart of the matter, I think it's Sarita.

Steve Thomas

Bill,

BK

I actually ran across the book while trying to research Sylvia's sister Sarita.

Sullivan apparently says in her book that Sarita was a member of something she called, "the Directorate."

I'm going under the assumption that she was referring to the Student Directorate, or DRE.

It was Sarita that the three men who came to Sylvia's apartment were looking for.

Sarita was a student at the University of Dallas. So was Fermin de Goicochea, aka George Parrell.

I read the other day that George? Nonte from Fort Hood met both John Thomas Masen and George Parrell.

Masen told Ellsworth that de Goicochea was trying to buy arms from him including bazookas.

(FNU) Othan, who took over as the leader of the DRE in Dallas told the FBI that one of the reasons the DRE wasn't so successful in Dallas was that the number of Cuban students in Dallas was so small.

I don't think that it is inconceivable that Sarita would have known de Goicochea.

Warren Commission Document #320 is a memo from SS Agent Rowley. On page 162 of that Report there is a newspaper article from October 27, 1963 - I can't make out which paper - concerning the Stevenson incident.

In the article, Bobbie Joiner said there was no preplanning for Stevenson incident, but that, “some of the signs used were stored at former Major General Edwin A. Walker’s headquarters on Turtle Creek Blvd.”

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/...p;relPageId=162

This was the same incident that Larry Schmidt took credit for in one of his letters to Bernard Weissman, in which he said that he had recruited 10 - 12 college students to picket Stevenson in October of 1963. Did some of those students come from the University of Dallas?

Alpha-66 members Juan Quintana and Raoul Castro were also at that demonstration.

In an 11/29/63 FBI interview, Lucille Connell said that Sylvia has said that Oswald had attended anti-Castro meetings and she found him to be "brilliant and clever".

However, in a April 5, 1976 letter from Dave Marston to Gaeton Fonzi, Marston talks about interviewing Lucille Connell. Marston says that Lucille Connell told him that Sylvia didn't say she had gone to meetings where Oswald was present and heard him speak, it was her sister who said that.

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/...amp;relPageId=5

Which kind of corroborates what Sylvia told the WC, that she didn't go to political meeting because they upset her:

"She (Connell) went to that meeting (with John Martino). I did not go, because they kept it quiet from me so I would not get upset about it."

"She was one of the ones that went to the meeting.

Mr. LIEBELER. Mrs. Connell?

Mrs. ODIO. Yes; and my sister Annie went, too."

And in 1976, Connell told Marston that Sylvia didn't go to political meetings.

Sylvia told the WC that Connell had confused Oswald with Martino as the person who was "clever and brilliant", but I think Sylvia was trying to cover up for her sister, although I don't know if it was Annie or Sarita that she was trying to cover for.

In their book, Oswald Talked, The La Fontaines write:

"It's possible to envision one such meeting at Silvia's Davis [street] apartment in which Oswald -- brilliant, clever, and perverse, as she described him -- may have been holding forth in the company of a youthful anti-Castro group, male friends and acquaintances of Silvia and Sarita. Let's suppose further that at this gathering Silvia found herself listening with concern as the conversation took a slightly crazy turn. President Kennedy was coming to town shortly, and the guys started dwelling on how he needed to be killed, not only for his string of "betrayals" beginning with the Bay of Pigs, but to precipitate a US invasion of Cuba (the assassination would be pinned on Castro's agents)"

Steve Thomas

Excellent post Steve.....and I agree with you regarding Sarita. Of all the people that I wish had come forward in regards to the subjects contained in Ripples......it would be Fr. McHann hands down, instead there is a she-said, she-said between Sullivan and Connell. I read portions of Kennedy Ripples about a year ago, and if you have the luxury of kicking back and casually reading a book in which the JFK assassination is more than peripheral to the subject matter, it's a great read...Unfortunately, for me the problem with Kennedy Ripples, is that while every single sentence written could well be true, the flip side of the equation is if you're trying to put everything together [not just Dallas issues] invariably you get sucked into the issue of practically having to explore the author's credibility to make an informed judgement as to the believability issue; or is this just someone who knows a lot about the assassination, and has a real historical context and is possibly embellishing here and there......Sullivan seems very credible and even points towards Lt. George Butler in a very conspiratorial fashion, which I believe is to her credit..... but we wouldn't be having this discussion if she had been deposed during the HSCA years.....

I alway's wondered whether Silvia's husband, [wasn't he in Europe in 1963] should have been looked at, but that's just my angle

Also, this link below......

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/...amp;relPageId=2

is a 5-4-64 document addressed to the Deputy Director of Plans regarding the 5-17-64 National Enquirer, which featured the "Oswald/Ruby" links, so called basically by whomever prepared the document. Pertinent in the general sense that it laughs to scorn the "allegation" that General Walker was so fond of repeating that Oswald and Ruby had been arrested, or rather prevented from being arrested by Bobby Kennedy's DOJ, at the behest of the CIA, after the April 10, 1963 "attempt" on Walker's life......

More importantly, it mentions in a highly dismissive fashion, that there was not one iota of truth in the story.....As part of the refutation, the person who authored the memo is restating the allegations contained in the article with the proviso that it is a sensationalist story, but there is the following passage "At the time of the letter [from DOJ requesting that LHO and Ruby not be arrested] the Dallas Police suspected that LHO was the sniper and Ruby the payoff man in the shooting. The CIA intervened, because it did not wish disclosed that the Agency was using Ruby to recruit commandos for raids against Cuba".......

I suppose my point appears shallow, it's just that it seems that the writer for the Enquirer on the story, wasn't really far off the mark, while Ruby has never been proved to have recruited commandos, he was running guns, and supplies there. At any rate, I believe that the "Oswald and Ruby behind the Walker shooting" story has been ferreted out the historical record as bogus......

• 4 years later...
Guest Tom Scully
Bill,

Steve Thomas

Excellent post Steve.....and I agree with you regarding Sarita. Of all the people that I wish had come forward in regards to the subjects contained in Ripples......it would be Fr. McHann hands down, instead there is a she-said, she-said between Sullivan and Connell. I read portions of Kennedy Ripples about a year ago, and if you have the luxury of kicking back and casually reading a book in which the JFK assassination is more than peripheral to the subject matter, it's a great read...Unfortunately, for me the problem with Kennedy Ripples, is that while every single sentence written could well be true, the flip side of the equation is if you're trying to put everything together [not just Dallas issues] invariably you get sucked into the issue of practically having to explore the author's credibility to make an informed judgement as to the believability issue; or is this just someone who knows a lot about the assassination, and has a real historical context and is possibly embellishing here and there......Sullivan seems very credible and even points towards Lt. George Butler in a very conspiratorial fashion, which I believe is to her credit..... but we wouldn't be having this discussion if she had been deposed during the HSCA years.....

There is a symmetry in the accounts of Mrs. Castorr in May, 1967 and Marianne Sullivan in her book published in 1994.

Why did the Castorrs agree to taped interview with Harold Weisberg and Dick Billings, at all?

Were the Castorrs, Nancy Perrin, (and Lucille Bass Connell Light) working toward the same purpose evident in some many other areas of this research; deliberate, synchronized confusion? Weisberg unfortunately fell in with Billings and Paul Rothermel.

Joan Mellen:

II

H.L. Hunt was too rich, too powerful, and too influential for CIA to ignore his opposition. In the late 1950’s, CIA placed an agent

deep inside Hunt Oil. Knowing of Hunt’s long-time admiration for the FBI, the Agency chose a former FBI agent, who was, simultaneously, one of their own. His name was Paul Rothermel and Hunt, naively, hired him as his Chief of Security.....

....Like Weisberg, Fensterwald believed he had located in Rothermel an exceptional source on the Kennedy assassination. “I am still hopeful that at some juncture you will permit me to go through the first four volumes of your files,” Fensterwald later wrote Rothermel. Weisberg continued to share his theories with Rothermel. “I am no less convinced that there has been and may still be an Agency operation afoot, and I am without doubt that there is Agency involvement,” Weisberg wrote Rothermel. Rothermel then forwarded this Weisberg letter to CIA, the FBI, and the Dallas Police....

Mellen, Joan -. Our Man in Haiti: George de Mohrenschildt and the CIA in the Nightmare Republic

possible mysterious cause insus'e 12/64 death, although 116 h d ...

jfk.hood.edu/Collection/.../P%20Disk/.../Item%2009.pdf page -2

SylviaOdioConnellCastorrMemoConnellCIA.jpg

http://jfk.hood.edu/Collection/Weisberg%20Subject%20Index%20Files/C%20Disk/Castorr%20L%20Robert%20Colonel/Item%2012.pdf

TAPE #1 (SIDE 1) Subject Index Files/C Disk/Castorr L Robert Colonel

Weissberg -- questioning (Dick Billings is also present) (7 May, 1967)

(Col. and Mrs.) Castorr-- answering

Page - 4

W: tfAlE°Ma rtino knew her father?

0.Ye. the first rows woodbarY.X 00,e/

-7‘/e6'649

.'406

Mrs. C. : He spoke personally to this girl. Yes, he knew her father

in one of the prisons, and he has said because of knowing the family

he would like to talk to them. So whatever he said I would have no

ides.

Atka

w: Is that the only time you saw Martino? He was there that one night.

Mrs. C: No. Martino twas booked by an agency (I don't recall the name)

The girl in charge of the bookings called mehnd wanted to know if

I would go to the airport and meet John Martino whom I didn/t know

who John Martino was. She briefed me on his background. And I did

go to the airport and I also called a man from Irving -- Joe someone

whose name I can think of now and he also went out to the airport

It's customary when these speakers eome like John Winslow? to have

them covered by the press and by the TV. and John Martino was covered

by both, on that day OctAber 1st.

Page - 5

W: When you were briefed on Martino's background, were you told

anything about him prior to the Months he spent in the Castro

prison. What did he do in Havana before Castro .

Mrs. C: No.

Mr. C.: Subsequently, the terminology which was used I believe that

he was an electronic engineer but let's get down to specifics

now and... I think he was a gambler, a syndicate operator, I imagine.

W: He was protecting the house against cheaters.

Mr. C: Did you ever hear where he might have worked. You know Im

quite curious to know whether it might have been Lefty Allen

or Mike McLaney???

Mrs. C: I have no idea.

W: Never heard of them

Mrs. C: This organization -- this booking agency-- put out a flyer

with its picture on it and a little story about John Martino.

New York

Mr. C: This is a/booking agency

Mrs. C: But you know who was in charge of the office there.

W: You mean the relief office?

Mrs. C: No, this is the booking agency.

The local girl in Dallas --

Beth Rochelle was her name

Mr. C: But she died.

Mrs. C: After leaving John Martino I took him to the Romada Inn

and we had lunch and a man from the Dallas (what's the afternoon

paper) The Dallas Herald interviewed him and wrote quite a story.

If you go back to the paper, you could pick up the whole story. ....

Page - 10

W: The only thing I remember you told me was a comment of hers that

she thought it was nice of her husband to permit her to be gone for

a while.

Mrs. C: Now that was a letter that she had written to Sylvia Odeo

and it seemed to me that there was something not quite kosher

about the divorce that Sylvia and her had.

I really didn't pay too much attention .

W: You mean she might not really have been divorced -- is that what

you'....

Mrs. C: Yes, that was my impression -- but these letters, if you asked

me how many letters, I couldn't tell you. I don't remember.

W: Do you remember the sort of thinks Mrs. Connell mentioned in the

letters besides the kindness of h- er husband.

Mrs/ C: It seemed that she was visting? her son who was a medical student

and she did write about the doorbell ringing and she called downstairs

and it was the voice of Father McCann and that would place him in

Boston about -- I daresay -- July or August of '63.

Kennedy ripples: a true love story : a priest, a woman and the ... - Page 170

books.google.com/books?id=qz0hAQAAMAAJ

Marianne Sullivan - 1994 -

.....And Lucille? Who paraded a higher intellect, had she fooled the Reverend Father too?

Wining and dining the Padre, Lucille offered a private room in her home to use for his solitude on his

day off. I wonder if he received that solitude?

Michael was fond of Lucille then, and agreed to drive her son's auto to Las Vegas, meeting Lucille

there. It was in Boston that he had confided to Lucille his doubts about being a priest. Lucille spoke

of Father's anguish in detail to Marcella. Father also told Lucille about the female from St. Bernard

on that trip. He obviously had confided much to her. Yet, why had he left without informing Lucille,

his good friend, without even a note of explanation? True, he had tried to return a bookand see her the

day before, but he declined to wait as she was dressing. I doubt that he intended to reveal his plan to

Lucille at all. Why not? Marcella told us that during the summer, Lucille and Sylvia had disagreed,

becoming enemies. Father had sided with Sylvia, thus incurring Lucille's wrath. Father had outwardly

been annoyed with Lucille when she had criticized him for allowing the book review by Martino. Why had

Lucille objected to that lecture by a man outraged at abuse and indignities at the hands of the Cuban

Communist regime? The meeting was a strike against the world's enemies. The Red Dictators who destroyed

individual liberty. Why object? Within months following the assassination, Lucille and her husband

separated. He sued for the divorce. Lucille had met another man in France, from Grosse Point, Long

Island, a wealthy representative of Mercury Motors.

Mother Machann phones me several times weekly, finding intuitively in me the love

we both share, as I listen with my aching heart, to hers, for a

clue. Rambling, her exhaustion apparent, she at last speaks freely about her son.

Some relief. Finally. "Michael came home in five days, Marianne, he was so sick. He lost his appetite,

losing weight rapidly. You know, he was in the living room watching television the day Kennedy was

assassinated?" Almost unable to reply, I carefully say, "Mrs. Machann, oh I'm so happy he is well. What

was Father's reaction to the President's death? Was he terribly upset?" She repeats my words,

"Reaction? Well, nothing very unusual, he was sorry, of course, that's all." You realize, of course,

that Father was terribly depressed and withdrawn. And you know who came to visit me while he was still

here? Lucille Connell! Father hates that woman! He hid listening in the other room as she offered us

financial assistance to find Father! I said, 'No thank you, we do not wish your help, neither does

Father.'" The usually calm Mother Machann explodes in icy cool Southern sweetness, "Marianne, Lucille

laid open secrets Father had trusted her with ... to me! Can you believe such a woman? And there was

Father, listening and furious, in the other room. What could I do? She insisted on telling, me, I

couldn't stop her. It was dreadful, all lies. Lucille is a wicked woman." Stay mum. How wicked was

Lucille?

What did Mother Machann consider wicked? What!! . . . was said that revealing afternoon, in

the Machann household with Michael still and listening, truths or fabrications} Mother Machann drifts

incoherent, random thoughts, unconnected. "Marianne, Father Michael is gone now. They took him. He

stood at my door and said to me, 'You are not my mother. I am not your son. You will never see me

again.'" She hangs up absently. The tears of sorrow drowning my questions. "What has she said? I've

been right all along. My love is in serious danger, but why . . . why?" Strange confusion, measure

every word for meanings. Try in vain to discover where Michael might have been taken to. Call Mrs.

Machann many times. Gradually bits and pieces gather. "Marianne, Father signed his car over to the

family. You know he could not drive." She does not say why? Then one evening Mother Machann breaks the

news I never wanted to hear. She says, "He's seeing a psychiatrist." And too late . . . "He has been in

the psychiatric division of Parkland Hospital for several months, no one has known and no one can see

him." How could this be true? My beautiful love. My God,

W: What about Father McCann? He was questioned a by the FBI -- briefly

I guess -- in connection with Sylvia Odeo..

man: The Secret Service is the only one I remember.

W: That's probably the same one. By Inspector Kelly in New Orleans.

W: What about this report that he disappeared shortly before the

assassination, or thereabouts.

Mrs. C: The last time that I saw Father McCann was when he and I and

several other people sat on the stage at Town Hall -- October 1, 1963.

I never saw the man atter that.

W: Was that....

Mr. C: He was still in his position as spiritual adviser.

W: And that was when Martino was in town?

Mrs. C: That's right.

TAPE #1 (SIDE 2)

http://jfk.hood.edu/...ection/Weisberg Subject Index Files/C Disk/Castorr L Robert Colonel

-19-

Mrs. C: And this man's name is Lt. George Butler. I believe that I called

Lt. Butler and set up an appointment to take Joanna to his home

within the next day or two and so the MWAKIXX conversation went

on for about 2 hours with Lt, Butler. And, from then on, I sat ±

in on very tee few meetings with Joanna and Lt. Butler but they

worked very closely together.

Now, I daresay within a couple of weeks I had a call from Maryanne

Ramus. Maryanne (we were just talking about the Cubans and this and

that thing) and she said "Mrs. Castorr, if you knew something and

you wanted to talk to one xax±±x reliable person, who would you go

to"and I said "I won't tell you over the phone but let's have lunch

together". So later, we had lunch together xx at a hamburger place

and Maryanne began to tell me the story of how she was offered some

money for some information about the assassination. And I said "

"Maryanne, I'd just rather not go ex into this -- whatever this is

all about -- but I will direct you to a persona and you should tell

your t story to him". However, previously to my meeting Maryanne

at k 1:00, I had called Lt. Butler aastx at his home and set up an

appointment and went a right from there to his home. And again,

all the conversations and everything wax were between Maryanne and

Lt. Butler.

W: Before you turned her over, did salex she indicate what people and

who were interested in what kind of information?

Mrs. C: She told me that akex it was ironic that I would suggest....

• 5 years later...