The Education Forum

Senator Specter is Outraged.....

Phil Nelson

The august senior senator from Pennsylvania is beside himself about the wanton destruction of football "spying" tapes! Obviously this heinous incident was considerably more important than his previous involvement in the wholesale destruction of actual evidence, the fabrication of phony evidence and his own collusion with other government officials in obfuscating and obstructing the investigation of the "Crime of the Century". The transparency of his outrage is astounding, albeit not particularly unexpected for this particular politician.

Specter: "I think the integrity of football is very important"...."there's a credibility issue here", blah, blah, blah.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,327528,00.html

Indeed.

A deep political analysis of the so-called Spygate scandal leads to suspicions regarding a pre-emptive strike by the NFL against a looming problem rivaling in its destructive implications baseball's steroid mess. The league's wealthiest and most powerfu (on and off the gridiron) team may have been chosen, with its acquiescence, to take a hit in the effort to make it all go away.

That, or the Patriots sent word to the league that New England could blow the whistle on similar "cheating" by numerous other teams, and thus forced the NFL to destroy evidence and end the matter quickly.

Earlier this week, during a CNBC cable news documentary on Robert Kraft, owner of the Patriots, we heard the billionaire respond cryptically and without follow-up to a Spygate question: "You don't have all the facts," he said to the reporter, and left it at that.

Really?

None of what transpired in game one of the 2007 season has any bearing on the Patriots' perfect record to date.

It's just the Single Bulls**t Theory.

Pats cover against the Giants.

Indeed.

A deep political analysis of the so-called Spygate scandal leads to suspicions regarding a pre-emptive strike by the NFL against a looming problem rivaling in its destructive implications baseball's steroid mess. The league's wealthiest and most powerfu (on and off the gridiron) team may have been chosen, with its acquiescence, to take a hit in the effort to make it all go away.

That, or the Patriots sent word to the league that New England could blow the whistle on similar "cheating" by numerous other teams, and thus forced the NFL to destroy evidence and end the matter quickly.

Earlier this week, during a CNBC cable news documentary on Robert Kraft, owner of the Patriots, we heard the billionaire respond cryptically and without follow-up to a Spygate question: "You don't have all the facts," he said to the reporter, and left it at that.

Really?

None of what transpired in game one of the 2007 season has any bearing on the Patriots' perfect record to date.

So much for Charles and the Pats.

As a Philadelphia Eagle fan, like Spector, I really can't stand the Giants, even if they do play in New Jersey, and now I have to put up with all the obnoxious Giant fans I already can't stand.

For those out of the loop, the Philadelphia Eagles are in the same NFL division as the New York Giants, Dallas Cowboys and Washington Redskins. It's hard to say whose more of a hated rival than Phily-Dallas, though I've heard the Washington Redskins are more beligerant against Dallas then the Eagles, which is hard to believe. But after Dallas, Philly fans, especially those in South Jersey, don't like the Giants, or the Devils, or the Nets, even though they play in New Jersey. South Jersey is alligned with Philly, and North Jersey with New York.

The mob breakdown goes the same way, especially important with bookies, with South Jersey, Camden, Trenton and Atlantic City under the Philly mob, with North Jersey considered New York mob territory.

The Philadelphia Eagles were playing the Washington Redskins on December 7, 1941, while Pearl Harbor was being attacked.

Oswald was a Cowboys fan, as was Ruby.

Only North Jersey and New York Jerks like the Giants and now we have to put up with their BS until their ass is whooped once again by the Eagles.

Oh, Well,

At least Miami's perfect record is preserved.

BK

Indeed.

Really?

As a Philadelphia Eagle fan, like Spector, I really can't stand the Giants, even if they do play in New Jersey, and now I have to put up with all the obnoxious Giant fans I already can't stand.

For those out of the loop, the Philadelphia Eagles are in the same NFL division as the New York Giants, Dallas Cowboys and Washington Redskins. It's hard to say whose more of a hated rival than Phily-Dallas, though I've heard the Washington Redskins are more beligerant against Dallas then the Eagles, which is hard to believe. But after Dallas, Philly fans, especially those in South Jersey, don't like the Giants, or the Devils, or the Nets, even though they play in New Jersey. South Jersey is alligned with Philly, and North Jersey with New York.

The mob breakdown goes the same way, especially important with bookies, with South Jersey, Camden, Trenton and Atlantic City under the Philly mob, with North Jersey considered New York mob territory.

The Philadelphia Eagles were playing the Washington Redskins on December 7, 1941, while Pearl Harbor was being attacked.

Only North Jersey and New York Jerks like the Giants and now we have to put up with their BS until their ass is whooped once again by the Eagles.

Oh, Well,

BK

Great game. And although your mob breakdown is correct, the Philly family has a crew based out of the Ironmound in Newark.

Indeed.

Really?

Oh, Well,

BK

Great game. And although your mob breakdown is correct, the Philly family has a crew based out of the Ironmound in Newark.

I thought it was a WEIRD game. It was a first for me. (Yup, never watched a football game before). With a minute left to go I almost went to bed, thinking "the Pats have it", then suddenly, after a game of almost no action, it all turned around. Stunningly weird. Sad!

Dawn

(But Tom Petty rocked the joint!)

WARNING: In my personal opinion: "American football" is owned, managed, coached, and played by agent provocateurs, breeders of false hopes and broken promises. It is likely that this "sport" is in fact a grift, a shuck, a fiction created to attack and enslave all-too-willing populations of fans and the well-intentioned but misplaced devotion they offer. But even if the "sport" exists as advertised, it yet serves the agendas of the assassins of John F. Kennedy. Informed, cynical readings of the mind-control methodologies of this "sport" and the xenophobic, tribal loyalties and animosities engendered by this "sport" will lead to deeper understandings of our enemies, their methods, and their goals.

Go Red Sox!

To hell with patriots.

What?

Oh. Sorry.

Patriots.

Edited by Charles Drago

Indeed.

Really?

LOL

Indeed.

Really?

LOL

18-and doh......

The august senior senator from Pennsylvania is beside himself about the wanton destruction of football "spying" tapes! Obviously this heinous incident was considerably more important than his previous involvement in the wholesale destruction of actual evidence, the fabrication of phony evidence and his own collusion with other government officials in obfuscating and obstructing the investigation of the "Crime of the Century". The transparency of his outrage is astounding, albeit not particularly unexpected for this particular politician.

Specter: "I think the integrity of football is very important"...."there's a credibility issue here", blah, blah, blah.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,327528,00.html

Well put.

I feel safer now that Arlen is on the case.