The Education Forum

Donation of Harvey and Lee

Fellow members, I have been in touch with Gary Mack today via email about the Oswald Russian tape. He told me the tape hasn't been released by the KGB. The Museum doesn't have it. Gary would like it if someone would donate the book Harvey and Lee to the 6th Floor Museum in Dallas. I think it's a historic book and should be donated to any organization -- despite personalities -- regarding President Kennedy Assassination Research.

Kathy Collins

What tape is this? Is there a transcript available? This is fascinating.

I don't know which tape specifically is being referred to, but you can bet your bootie much of Oswald's and Marina's converstations and actions were taped and still held in Russia. I have a contact I'm trying to obtain files/transcripts from. Aside from the things they actually talked about, what languages they spoke would be most enlightening!...I think Russia is withholding them to not anger the USA on something they don't have a big stake in...IMO. [i.e. the tapes would blow the whole official version out of the water]

The link below will take you to a small extract of the tape Kathy is refering to. Denis. http://www.russianbooks.org/oswald/tapes.htm

I don't know which tape specifically is being referred to, but you can bet your bootie much of Oswald's and Marina's converstations and actions were taped and still held in Russia. I have a contact I'm trying to obtain files/transcripts from. Aside from the things they actually talked about, what languages they spoke would be most enlightening!...I think Russia is withholding them to not anger the USA on something they don't have a big stake in...IMO. [i.e. the tapes would blow the whole official version out of the water]

The link below will take you to a small extract of the tape Kathy is refering to. Denis. http://www.russianbooks.org/oswald/tapes.htm

Hi Denis:

The DVD is called, "American Assassin" out last year...2007......

It is very one sided, you get my meaning, but there is much information within ...

It is available at Amazon but the best price is at

http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.asp?...rm=frooglemovie

People will just have to break open that piggy bank and order it...

Ernst Titovetz , his closest friend while there, also states what you have, in the past, they were young

men and fooling around one day with a tape machine, and LHO was trying to put on an accent....there

was much kabitzing going on....

B.....

Edited by Bernice Moore

Fellow members, I have been in touch with Gary Mack today via email about the Oswald Russian tape. He told me the tape hasn't been released by the KGB. The Museum doesn't have it. Gary would like it if someone would donate the book Harvey and Lee to the 6th Floor Museum in Dallas. I think it's a historic book and should be donated to any organization -- despite personalities -- regarding President Kennedy Assassination Research.

Kathy Collins

While they might do well to have it - why don't they just purchase a copy and not ask for it as a donation. They charge an entrance fee for their museum and make profits. Copies are still available new.

Peter:

It is just the type of book, that the TSBD does not and will not sell...that is the why he wants one copy donated....

....he does not recommend such books be stored in stock....let alone sold at the book store.......

It has been available for several years....so why would he want a donated copy now.....??

When he has delibertatey ignored such all these years, perhaps it is an awakening....

I would suggest as you have, the TSBD buy it's own copy........they are very quick to charge anyone and all for copies

of anything they sell ,as well as for admittance....

B............

Part of the tape you can hear online. It's the voice of LHO or Harvey trying to read English. The same voice is heard on the 2 shows Oswald did for radio and at Dallas PD. His command of the English language 3 years since Minsk is much better. I think the man who arrived from Russia is a Russian man.

As for transcripts of tapes, the KGB bugged Marina and Harvey's rooms. Much of their conversations and fights are translated in Norman Mailer's book, Oswald's Tale. There are no audio tapes to hear. Marina constantly put Oswald down.

Kathy

The link below will take you to a small extract of the tape Kathy is referring to. Denis. http://www.russianbooks.org/oswald/tapes.htm

Hi Denis:

It is very one sided, you get my meaning, but there is much information within ...

Ernst Titovetz , his closest friend while there, also states what you have, in the past, they were young

men and fooling around one day with a tape machine, and LHO was trying to put on an accent....there

B.....

Thanks Bernice, I didn't even realise the DVD existed, It's a definite buy for me. Thanks again, you little font of knowledge you. Denis.

Hi Denis:

B.....

Actually, today the best price for the DVD is at Amazon as Used - Very Good: $7.44 plus $2.98 = $10.42.

As for Ernst and Oswald, I don't buy that they were just fooling around -- I think this is disinformation. What I heard was a man struggling to read English.

I'll see what is on the DVD, even though, according to Bernice, it's slanted. I don't want to hear how Oswald killed Kennedy. :angry:

Kathy

The link below will take you to a small extract of the tape Kathy is referring to. Denis. http://www.russianbooks.org/oswald/tapes.htm

Hi Denis:

B.....

Thanks Bernice, I didn't even realise the DVD existed, It's a definite buy for me. Thanks again, you little font of knowledge you. Denis.

Denis, can I ask you a favor? When you get the DVD, could you tell us if that tape is included and how long it goes on? I'm waiting for a credit approval.

Kathy

Kathy Collins

While they might do well to have it - why don't they just purchase a copy and not ask for it as a donation. They charge an entrance fee for their museum and make profits. Copies are still available new.

Peter:

It is just the type of book, that the TSBD does not and will not sell...that is the why he wants one copy donated.... Last Hurrah may have a copy they can buy... I'll sell them mine for $1200 bucks (cash, no checkeroo)

....he does not recommend such books be stored in stock....let alone sold at the book store.......

It has been available for several years....so why would he want a donated copy now.....??

When he has delibertatey ignored such all these years, perhaps it is an awakening....

I would suggest as you have, the TSBD buy it's own copy........they are very quick to charge anyone and all for copies

of anything they sell ,as well as for admittance....

B............

perhaps Gary is finally through with the Great Zapruder Film HOAX, eh? Looking for something else to stimulate his senses?

Edited by David G. Healy

Denis:

I know you will not be, but some may, expect the full tape or all tapes, to have been....or allowed to have been copied.....Not...

...it is a clip that is heard...as I have stated.....in my previous post.......of that tape.......it is also heard again louder and clearer at the end of the DVD.....

...of course it is ,as LHO is speaking of

killing.....but they leave out the chuckling I shall call it, that you can hear from Eric and LHO.....in the first playing.....of the clip, on the

DVD......part way through......

........Eric as he calls himself...has a very valuable collection

of these LHO tapes.......they used the facitiies, as I understand the day or full afternoon at the Univ..He is not ready to sell or

release then, he knows of their monetary value it appears....

It took them months ,to get close enough to him to be able to converse and then the video interview.....

LHO apparently read such as Shakespeare, and from books etc that day, for hours.....and Eric has them all....

The setting, is Minsk, all filmed within Russia, it is the story of LHO while he lived there........all interviews are with people who

knew or were in contact with him...There is also information about how the KGB kept track of him...it is also mentioned that

the Russians also have their set of tapes, from the bugging of his apt.........

Eric states LHO did speak Russian, but poorly, he wanting to learn proper English, became his friend and one helped the other....it relates

quite the story.........imo....

But the ending as with so many, is that LHO in the end assassinated JFK and alone....

FWIW...........B

Edited by Bernice Moore

Denis:

I know you will not be, but some may, expect the full tape or all tapes, to have been....or allowed to have been copied.....Not...

...it is a clip that is heard...as I have stated.....in my previous post.......of that tape.......it is also heard again louder and clearer at the end of the DVD.....

...of course it is ,as LHO is speaking of

killing.....but they leave out the chuckling I shall call it, that you can hear from Eric and LHO.....in the first playing.....of the clip, on the

DVD......part way through......

........Eric as he calls himself...has a very valuable collection

of these LHO tapes.......they used the facitiies, as I understand the day or full afternoon at the Univ..He is not ready to sell or

release then, he knows of their monetary value it appears....

It took them months ,to get close enough to him to be able to converse and then the video interview.....

LHO apparently read such as Shakespeare, and from books etc that day, for hours.....and Eric has them all....

The setting, is Minsk, all filmed within Russia, it is the story of LHO while he lived there........all interviews are with people who

knew or were in contact with him...There is also information about how the KGB kept track of him...it is also mentioned that

the Russians also have their set of tapes, from the bugging of his apt.........

Eric states LHO did speak Russian, but poorly, he wanting to learn proper English, became his friend and one helped the other....it relates

quite the story.........imo....

But the ending as with so many, is that LHO in the end assassinated JFK and alone....

FWIW...........B

Yes Bernice I did realise the DVD wouldn't carry the compleate Minsk tape, I belive I read that the tape is over 2hrs long. But I was hoping the extract would be something not released previously, sounds like its the same stuff I heard before, never mind, I'll still enjoy the DVD I've always been interested in Oswald's time in Russia. Cant belive Titovetz is still holding out for more money, if he waits much longer he will be too old to spend it. Thanks again Bernice, always nice to "talk" to you. Denis.

Edited by Denis Pointing