The Education Forum

Bush/Clinton/Bush/Clinton

John Simkin

Would George Bush have become president if his father had held the job? Would Hiliary have been in the race if her husband had not been president?

Baby Doc would have been unlikely to have been elected dog catcher if it weren't for his dad. Nor would have gotten in to Harvard. Yale and the National Guard. Nor would he have been offered repeated sweatheart deals (which he managed to loose money on anyway). Nor would have had the SEC suddenly drop an investigation of him.

As for Hillary she is smart and ambitious, I imagine if she hadn't married Clinton she would have hitched her cart to some other rising star.

As for the prospect of a B-C-B-C sucession if comes November she's the Democratic candidate I'd (though not very enthusiasticlly) vote for her.

Well the power Protestant elite drove out the only Catholic in the field! But I don't consider it a vote wasted.

Who do think was “the only Catholic in the field” Richardson, Biden, Dodd, Kucinich or Vilsek (sp?). I hadn’t thought of it before but most of the original 9 contenders (who actually filed papers) were Catholic but the last 4 were (are) Protestants. Clark and Kerry both of whom are Catholic were mentioned as possible candidates as well.

Now who McCain chooses is another matter that might make for an interesting race. Our immensly likeable, centrist, tan, Greek governor Charlie Crist's name has been floated around, as has Huckabee and Joe Lieberman.

If so I hope Liberman has the distinct "honor" of being the only person to run for VP with both major parties and loose both times.

Would George Bush have become president if his father had held the job? Would Hiliary have been in the race if her husband had not been president?

Baby Doc would have been unlikely to have been elected dog catcher if it weren't for his dad. Nor would have gotten in to Harvard. Yale and the National Guard. Nor would he have been offered repeated sweatheart deals (which he managed to loose money on anyway). Nor would have had the SEC suddenly drop an investigation of him.

As for Hillary she is smart and ambitious, I imagine if she hadn't married Clinton she would have hitched her cart to some other rising star.

As for the prospect of a B-C-B-C sucession if comes November she's the Democratic candidate I'd (though not very enthusiasticlly) vote for her.

Well the power Protestant elite drove out the only Catholic in the field! But I don't consider it a vote wasted.

Who do think was “the only Catholic in the field” Richardson, Biden, Dodd, Kucinich or Vilsek (sp?). I hadn’t thought of it before but most of the original 9 contenders (who actually filed papers) were Catholic but the last 4 were (are) Protestants. Clark and Kerry both of whom are Catholic were mentioned as possible candidates as well.

I was referring to Giuliani, whom I voted for in the FLorida primary, and the Republican field.

The Protestant elite comment was meant in jest. And I don't think Mormonism is a Protestant-based denomination. According to Eddie Izzard, it may indeed be Mars-based.

Well according to Lemkin, I'm already a member of the right wing borg so I might as well make it official...I think for myself, therefore I am a borg. :lol: I'm sure I'll be banned any day now.

Now who McCain chooses is another matter that might make for an interesting race. Our immensly likeable, centrist, tan, Greek governor Charlie Crist's name has been floated around, as has Huckabee and Joe Lieberman.

Governor Crist would certainly make for an interesting race, since the state capitol's most eligible bachelor is widely believed to be gay.

Even if it were not proven in his case, Crist as a national candidate would be continually open to some not so subtle innuendo (e.g., when Crist became governor, the first place he checked out in the governor's mansion was the closet.)

As for Huckabee, I guess he would be preferable to Jerry Falwell, who is dead. (Wait, come to think of it, dead men have been elected to office in the U.S. before.)

Joe Lieberman? Did Joe ever get that spine transplant, or is he still on Maxine Waters' leash? (When Joe ran the first time, he had always been against "affirmative action," until Maxine publicly told him that he was for it. Accordingly, Joe publicly announced that he was for affirmative action, though he did it with a facial expression usually associated with constipation or kidney stones.)