The Education Forum

SS Agent J.J. Howlett

Wade Rhodes

Hi everyone,

I found this excerpt from Josiah Thompson:

Over the next few weeks, the Zapruder film was at the evidentiary center of various law enforcement investigations. On November 29, 1963, SS Agent J.J. Howlett reported that using the Zapruder film he had been "unable to ascertain the exact location where Governor John B. Connally was struck." However, Howlett stated that "it had been ascertained from the movies that President Kennedy was struck with the first and third shots fired by the assassin, while Governor Connally was truck with the second." Both the initial Secret Service and FBI reports on the shooting reported it the same way, their analyses of the Zapruder film contradicting the later Warren Commission’s single-bullet theory.

The combination of what is seen on the Zapruder film and the minimum mechanical firing time of the rifle caused the Warren Commission extreme difficulties through the winter and spring of 1964. The camera-original of the film was brought to Washington on one occasion and screened by Herb Orth for various members of the Commission staff. In addition, slides of the film were provided by Life. However, nowhere in the voluminous Warren Report or its 26 volumes of testimony and exhibits will one find a single mention of the most obvious feature of the film — the left, backward snap of Kennedy’s head and body following the impact of a bullet to his head.

I have searched this forum for information on SS Agent JJ Howlett, however, nothing has appeared....

Hi everyone,

Over the next few weeks, the Zapruder film was at the evidentiary center of various law enforcement investigations. On November 29, 1963, SS Agent J.J. Howlett reported that using the Zapruder film he had been "unable to ascertain the exact location where Governor John B. Connally was struck." However, Howlett stated that "it had been ascertained from the movies that President Kennedy was struck with the first and third shots fired by the assassin, while Governor Connally was truck with the second." Both the initial Secret Service and FBI reports on the shooting reported it the same way, their analyses of the Zapruder film contradicting the later Warren Commission’s single-bullet theory.

The combination of what is seen on the Zapruder film and the minimum mechanical firing time of the rifle caused the Warren Commission extreme difficulties through the winter and spring of 1964. The camera-original of the film was brought to Washington on one occasion and screened by Herb Orth for various members of the Commission staff. In addition, slides of the film were provided by Life. However, nowhere in the voluminous Warren Report or its 26 volumes of testimony and exhibits will one find a single mention of the most obvious feature of the film — the left, backward snap of Kennedy’s head and body following the impact of a bullet to his head.

I have searched this forum for information on SS Agent JJ Howlett, however, nothing has appeared....

might want google Vince Palmara (he's done much work re SS agents and the JFK assassination) -- you can start here: http://www.acorn.net/jfkplace/03/VP.html

Edited by David G. Healy

Hi everyone,

"Both the initial Secret Service and FBI reports on the shooting reported it the same way"

Sounds good on paper anyway.

However!

The FBI assassination work of 2/7/64 CHANGED the impact location of the SECOND SHOT from that as determined by the US Secret Service/(aka the Z313 impact) and moved it back up Elm St. some 24.5 feet, which placed this shot well prior to JFK having even passed the yellow curb mark where Mary Moorman & Jean Hill were standing.

Now! Since SS Agent Howlett specifically asked Mr. Robert West to send him a copy of the FBI Survey plat of 2/7/64, then he is of course quite familiar with the "first generation" lie.

The "copy" of the FBI Survey Plat sent to Howlett has written on it, just to the left of legand block:

John Joe Howlett

P.O. Box 2089

505 N. Ervay Room 800

R18-5611

Ext 3461

Wade, I put a ton of information about these early surveys up in chapter 2 and 2b at patspeer.com.

Tom, where can one see the 2/7/64 FBI survey plat? Is it in one of the FBI's reports?

Thanks,

Pat

Wade, I put a ton of information about these early surveys up in chapter 2 and 2b at patspeer.com.

Tom, where can one see the 2/7/64 FBI survey plat? Is it in one of the FBI's reports?

Thanks,

Pat

Thanks,

Well!

1. It's over here leaning up against the wall along with the Time/Life Survey Plat; the SS Survey Plat; the WC Survey Plat; and the final FBI Survey Plat of 6/25/64 which effectively "disappeared" the third impact shot down in front of James Altgens, moved the second shot back down Elm St. 24.5 feet to just past the yellow curb mark (Moorman/Hill mark), and established the first shot impact at the Z212 (approximate) position.

2. Or, when I get all things in order with the George County, MS Public Library, then you can see the full size survey plat there.

3. Or, find someone who "downloaded" those impact points as I copied them and posted them here for all to see long ago,

4. Or, one could go here and attempt to deciper it:

http://www.history-matters.com/archive/jfk...Vol17_0144b.htm

I do love the manner in which Specter & Company "snuck" that one in, as if it was the SS Survey Plat of 12/5/63, when in reality it is the FBI version of 2/7/64.

Mr. EISENBERG. Could you explain your reference to a map? You have made several references to that.

Mr. SIMMONS. I refer to the survey plat which is dated December 5, 1963.

Mr. EISENBERG. And how were you supplied with that?

Mr. SIMMONS. To the best of my knowledge, you gave it to one of the employees in my office.

Mr. EISENBERG. Mr. Chairman, this is a plat made by a licensed surveyor of the area immediately adjoining the Texas School Book Depository. I would like to introduce it into evidence solely to show the basis which Mr. Simmons was using in his test, and not for the truth, of the measurements which are shown in here.

Mr. McCLOY. It may be received.

Mr. EISENBERG. That would be Commission 585.

(The document referred to was marked Commission Exhibit No. 585 and received in evidence.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That "Specter & Company" group makes South Korean "slicky boys" look like amateurs.

P.S.

That "little teeny" block with 2/7/64 in it is the "revision date",.

That third shot impact point is the one down in front of James Altgens position at stationing 4+95.

http://history-matters.com/archive/jfk/wc/...Vol17_0449a.htm

That "second shot" impact point is some 24.5 feet back up Elm St. from the Z313 impact point, and approximately 54.5 feet back from the third/last/aka Altgens impact point.

But! You can not tell that because the WC "reduced" their exhibits so small and presented such poor copies, that one, under normal circumstances, most certainly would not notice this, as well as the fact that they also altered survey data and "slipped" it by as well.

Gotta love anyone that is that sneaky!

Perhaps I can get the SF Association to award Specter an "Honorary" Green Beret!

Seldom do I compliment Purvis, but he importantly points out the WC hanky panky

regarding the VARIOUS PLAT VERSIONS of Dealey Plaza and the inconsistencies.

I do not agree with all of the Purvis conclusions, but the matter of the DP plats reveals

that something suspicious was taking place and should be deciphered.

Jack

Seldom do I compliment Purvis, but he importantly points out the WC hanky panky

regarding the VARIOUS PLAT VERSIONS of Dealey Plaza and the inconsistencies.

I do not agree with all of the Purvis conclusions, but the matter of the DP plats reveals

that something suspicious was taking place and should be deciphered.

Jack

"I compliment Purvis"

Now that is scary!

1. Time/Life:-----11/26/63-----First shot impact as well as Z313 impact platted. (nothing for the Altgens location)

2. SS:---Work done 12/2, 3, & 4/63. Survey plat completed 12/5/63. First shot impact point. Second Shot impact point/aka Z313. Third shot impact point/aka in front of James Altgens at stationing 4+95.

3. FBI:---2/7/64.---First shot same as SS. Third shot same as SS. Second shot/aka Z313 impact point "moved" back up Elm St. 24.5 feet, well prior to passing the yellow mark at Moorman & Hill location.

NOTE: FBI now caught in lie as the "yellow mark" on the curb which clearly defines the location of JFK at the time of the Z313 headshot, firmly establishes the virtual exact location for this impact, as determined by both Time/Life as well as the SS.

Thus, we need a "Commission" to straighten this out.

4. WC:---Survey Plat dated May 31, 1964. Suddenly, the WC can not even locate the impact point for the first shot, even though Time/Life; the SS/ & the FBI could do so.

Additionally, the third shot/aka down in front of James Altgens position/aka stationing 4+95 impact point, which is definitively platted on the SS as well as FBI survey plats, now disappears.

All that is left is the Z313 impact location.

5. FBI:--dtd. 6/25/64. The FBI now has Mr. West go back and create a survey plat based on prior gathered information.

This survey plat has the impact location for "#1" platted, which is at exactly the same location as previously done for the SS & FBI, and the plat has "#2" platted which is the Z313 location.

The previously "moved" location (24.5' back up Elm St) where the FBI had attempted to make the second shot correspond to some of JBC's actions, has now completely disappeared/been moved back into it's correct location at the Z313 impact point.

P. S. And, it all has absolutely nothing to do with multiple assassins and/or shots from the front!

Just good ole Vegas "Magic Act" in making things, which are in fact quite obvious, disappear.

I have searched this forum for information on SS Agent JJ Howlett, however, nothing has appeared.... (Wade Rhodes)

Wade,

Posted as a curiosity. That is Howlett second from the left. He was part of a Secret Service contingent that accompanied members of the Warren Commission when they visited Dallas during their investigation.

BTW, I'm not sure what they are pointing at. According to their own report, the action happened behind them.

FWIW.

James

Thanks,

Pat

In order that Kathy does not have to "chastise" me again for supposedly NOT sharing information, I have again removed the FBI Survey Plat from it's frame.

(even though I have repeatedly stated that I would not do so anymore)

This is the "revised" plat in which Mr. West took the US Secret Service Survey Plat of 12/5/63, and with the FBI's "input" on 2/7/64, changed the impact location for the Z313 headshot.

Howlett wanted a copy of this revision and gave Mr. West the address/telephone number/etc; where he could be reached when the revision was completed and he wanted a copy of this revision.

However, he still wanted the SS survey work, if changed, to show in order that he could tell the changes.

Thanks,

Pat

In order that Kathy does not have to "chastise" me again for supposedly NOT sharing information, I have again removed the FBI Survey Plat from it's frame.

This is the "revised" plat in which Mr. West took the US Secret Service Survey Plat of 12/5/63, and with the FBI's "input" on 2/7/64, changed the impact location for the Z313 headshot.

Howlett wanted a copy of this revision and gave Mr. West the address/telephone number/etc; where he could be reached when the revision was completed and he wanted a copy of this revision.

However, he still wanted the SS survey work, if changed, to show in order that he could tell the changes.

Hi Tom:

I, for one, greatly appreciate your efforts with this topic, something which you and I have discussed in the past. Is it safe to assume that your statements that Howlett contacted West for a copy of the FBI revision was information supplied to you by Robert West during one of your interviews/conversations with Mr. West? If so, do you have any idea when, in 1964, this Howlett - West exchange may have occurred? Your final statement would also seem to indicate that there could potentially exist, somewhere, a copy of a West plat that shows both the "SS survey work" and the FBI changes, perhaps something constructed in order that the viewer could, indeed, see the "changes".

Many thanks,

Gary Murr

Thanks,

Pat

And here, for the absolutely, positively, last time, is the "revision block" information relative to the 2/7/64 date of the FBI Survey work and assassination re-enactment and their subsequently generated survey plat.

1. The 184' slant/slope distance for the first shot impact is exactly the same as the SS survey plat of 12/5/63.

2. The 267" slant/slope distance is for shot#2/aka the Z313 impact location which the SS had determined. This was drawn in on the FBI Survey Plat utilizing pencil for Howlett's benefit in order that he could see what changes the FBI had made to the SS Survey Plat.

3. The 242' slant/slope distance is to the "new" impact point which the FBI designated as the second shot impact, and which point is 24.5 feet farther back up Elm St. towards the TSDB, and which point is prior to JFK even having passed the Moorman/Hill/yellow curb mark.

4. The 294' slant/slope distance is to the shot#3 impact point which is located at survey stationing 4+95, directly to the front of James Altgens position, and which point the SS as well as the FBI fully agreed with.

This, the FBI version, is the partial lie/partial truth scenario which JEH was telling everyone in that the first shot struck JFK and only penetrated a short distance and lodged into JFK's back. (a truth) The last shot fired/aka down in front of James Altgens position, struck JFK in the head, (again a truth), and the second shot struck only JBC, passing through his chest. (a lie).

Unfortunately, the Zfilm pretty well established that this was a lie as the Z313 impact just past the yellow curb mark had been pretty well established in two prior survey's, and it could not be made to disappear in the film.

So! Something had to disappear and it became the third shot impact, with much of it's inflicted damage being incorporated into and blamed on the Z313 impact, and CE399 having to accept the blame for JBC's injuries.

thusly, there are in fact two "Magic Bullets".

The true one which has pulled it's "disappearing act", and the alternative one/aka CE399 which could not disappear, yet took the blame for those injuries to JBC which the true/one and only/magic bullet created.

3. The

Thanks,

Pat

Hi Tom:

I, for one, greatly appreciate your efforts with this topic, something which you and I have discussed in the past. Is it safe to assume that your statements that Howlett contacted West for a copy of the FBI revision was information supplied to you by Robert West during one of your interviews/conversations with Mr. West? If so, do you have any idea when, in 1964, this Howlett - West exchange may have occurred? Your final statement would also seem to indicate that there could potentially exist, somewhere, a copy of a West plat that shows both the "SS survey work" and the FBI changes, perhaps something constructed in order that the viewer could, indeed, see the "changes".

Many thanks,

Gary Murr

AHA!

Although somewhat "foggy" from age, my ole crystal ball continues to carry me through.

That which you asked for was given even before I had read that it was asked for.

And yes, Mr. West and I discussed exactly why SS Agent John Joe Howlett's name, address, and telephone number were written on a "working" copy of the FBI Survey Plat, which also had the pencilled in SS impact point to the Z313 shot.

From what little I gather, much of the SS had now been moved out of the overall picture, and Howlett of his (or someone else's direction) had insured that he got a copy of what the FBI was coming up with and doing.

Anything else???????

Tom

Now!

Since there exists a considerable grouping here who are under the impression that I am merely a figment of my own imagination and that I have nothing better in life to do than to sit around and make this S**t up.

This is the legend block from the 6/25/64 FBI survey plat in which they/the FBI had Mr. West delete their previously "moved" shot, as well as delete the stationingj 4+95/aka impact point, and then add back in the Z313 impact.

Note that the legend block has no name such as Edward Moore in it.

Now!

Since there exists a considerable grouping here who are under the impression that I am merely a figment of my own imagination and that I have nothing better in life to do than to sit around and make this S**t up.

This is the legend block from the 6/25/64 FBI survey plat in which they/the FBI had Mr. West delete their previously "moved" shot, as well as delete the stationingj 4+95/aka impact point, and then add back in the Z313 impact.

Note that the legend block has no name such as Edward Moore in it.

More importantly, the revision date on this new drawing made for the FBI is 6/25/64, which is almost one month after the date of the WC Survey Plat of May 31, 1964.

And, whereas on May 31, 1964, the WC could not give us the impact location for the first shot fired, the FBI was nevertheless still able to locate this point, exactly where they as well as the SS had previously located it.

And of greatest importance, the third shot impact with a slope distance of 294 feet, which impact point was directly in front of James Altgens, and which point the SS as well as FBI had previously agreed upon, has now "disappeared" completely.

I do believe that I here the words to "Do You Believe in Magic"?

Lastly, one should note that the magically moving "second shot" which the FBI had moved back up Elm St. for a slope distance of 242' has now also magically moved back down to where it actually belongs at the Z313 impact point which had the slope distance of 267 feet.

Certainly makes one wonder exactly why the WC had so much difficulty in locating the impact point of the three shots fired when in reality all that they had to do was ask the SS, who pretty well got it correct the first time, or even the FBI who at least had it 2/3rd's correct with their little show.

But NO!

The WC had to tell us about "THE SHOT THAT MISSED", and then give us page after page of "circular reasoning" as to exactly which of this shots it was that had done so.

http://www.history-matters.com/archive/jfk...eport_0068a.htm

I still await an answer to my question, which was: Exactly why would anyone believe the WC?