The Education Forum

SS Agent J.J. Howlett

Wade Rhodes

http://history-matters.com/archive/jfk/wc/...Vol17_0464b.htm

Z313-----Stationing 4+65.3

http://history-matters.com/archive/jfk/wc/...Vol17_0449a.htm

Third shot impact point:--------Stationing 4+95

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can not speak for anyone else, but I did my "reading assignment" many years ago, and in addition to the "altered survey data", also found a few other conflicts which also pretty well answered most of the questions in regards to the HOW? of the actual assassination.

Down here in the south, we "shine" the rabbits eye and then shoot them while they are blinded and motionless, as opposed to waiting until they dive off into some hole and then attempting to follow along after them.

Tom, thanks for sharing. Very interesting.

Since West heard four shots, and believed there was a conspiracy, you guys must have had some fun conversations.

Pat;

As I have stated previously, at the time that I made contact with Mr. West I had already found the "altered" numbers on CE884.

http://history-matters.com/archive/jfk/wc/...Vol17_0464b.htm

Having recognized that there was a rhyme as well as a reason for the WC documents to have been reduced so small and with such poor quality, they (the WC volumes) had been gone over with a magnification glass.

As a pre-engineering major in college, the alteration to the "leroy" set numbers sort of jumps out at one.

However, I still had no knowledge as to exactly what of this Mr. West played any part in, if any.

After having spoken with him multiple times, as well as having received the surveys and his survey notes, then it became quite obvious that he and his company were merely another "patsy" in the WC games.

In my last trip to Dallas to visit him, he was relatively homebound as he had broken his leg/angle stepping out of his travel trailer, and he appeared to enjoy having someone to sit and spend the day with him.

In that regards, I should have spent the whole day rather than merely half the day, as not unlike all those others with whom I have spoken with, there are still new questions which they could have shed additional light on.

Nevertheless, Mr. West openly criticized the WC as apparantly not knowing what they were doing in all that they put him and his survey personnel through, on their MULTIPLE re-runs of the enactment, handpushing the car a few inches, etc; etc; etc;.

When I informed him what it was about, then he truly broke out laughing, as more than anyone else, it all now made complete sense and he then knew that he and his survey crew were merely pawn's in a little game and that the WC knew full well exactly what they were attempting to do.

Many of his survey notes had no reference as to exactly they were associated with, and I at least had the questions ready in regards to these notes as well as those questions which have now been shared here in regards to the copy of the FBI re-enactment which was sent to SS Agent Howlett as well as the FBI survey plat which was prepared AFTER the WC plat.

Regretfully, I did not have the foresight to tape record any of our conversations and or meetings, and it is quite unfortunate that no one else ever recognized the significant input which Mr. West had to contribute to the subject.

Of course, there is little doubt that Specter & Company fully counted on time and death to erase what memories there were that could expose their little games.

As you have stated, Mr. West was standing over in front of the Courthouse, where he had his office, and he heard what sounded to be 4 shots.

And in that regards, one has to fully respect his opinion, as he was there and I was not.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.jfk-online.com/westshaw.html

A: Some time after it turned on Elm Street I heard what sounded to me at that time as what I thought was backfiring, a motorcycle.

Q: How many of these backfires did you hear?

A: Four.

-------------------

Q: Mr. West, did you hear any unusual noise?

A: Yes, sir.

Q: On how many occasions did you hear this noise?

A: Four.

Q: Did it sound the same on each occasion?

-------------------

Q: What did it sound like on the first occasion?

A: A motorcycle backfired.

Q: What did it sound like on the second occasion?

A: A rifle fired.

Q: It sounded to you like rifle fire --

THE COURT: You needn't repeat his testimony.

BY MR. SCIAMBRA:

Q: What did it sound like to you on the third occasion?

A: It appeared to me it was rifle fire after the second. The first and the second my response was it was motorcycle backfire.

Q: What was your response to the third sound that you heard?

A: Rifle fire.

Q: Were these loud sounds?

-----------

Q: Were you able, or can you at this time tell the Gentlemen of the Jury what interval of time there appeared to be between the first and the second reports which you heard?

A: No, sir.

Q: Can you tell us the interval between the second and the third?

Q: The third and fourth?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE WITNESS: When I left my position on the corner of Main and Houston and went across into Dealey Plaza area, there was quite a commotion. A police motorcycle and several men coming up, what is indicated on the aerial photograph as the grassy knoll. When I got over to the motorcycle there were several men up behind the wood stockade fence along the north edge of the grassy knoll.

Note: With all of the photographic evidence, I have little doubt that somewhere, Mr. West can be identified in at least one of the photo's of the crowds.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q: You say you heard four noises, the first two of which you thought were motorcycle backfires and the last two of which you thought were shots, is that right?

A: Right.

Q: Mr. West, in your mind are you positive as to the number of sounds you heard, or is that a matter of some conjecture?

A: That was my response on that day.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q: Did you testify before the Warren Commission?

Q: Did any FBI agent ever interview you?

A: Ever what?

Q: Ever interview you relative to what you heard in Dealey Plaza?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nope! But the far distant cousin of Melvin Purvis got to him prior to his death!

From Topic "Pat Speer.com/aka Survey Data"

"Other than that, Mr. West did call Breneman in to help him when he got a call from the WC and they specifically wanted Mr. West to go out and measure the exact dimensions of the highway signs as well as their "EXACT" location in relationship to the the distance of the posts back from the sidewalks and from established/fixed points."

As posted by Tom Purvis

WRONG!

Which demonstrates why one should not rely on memory before checking back on anything of record.

The "no-notice" exercise to get the measurements and locations of the road signs occurred on 3/16/64, which "coincidentally" happened to be the day that the autopsy surgeons were testifying before the WC.

On that day, SS Agent Howlett contacted Mr. West (in person) and informed him that he had received word from Washington (his superiors) that they needed the exact measurements and locations of two of the road signs in Dealy Plaza.

Due to having no other persons available, (survey crews had prior commitments), Mr. West took Paul Hardin, his draftsman, and went to Dealy Plaza and measured the signs and their locations.

So, while the World was watching the WC & the testimony of Humes; Boswell; and Finke, the SS was having Mr. West & company gather pertinent information relative to the exact size and locations, and elevations of the road signs in Dealy Plaza.

So! What does it mean????

Tom

Failure to understand the evidence has no bearing on the validity of that evidence.

As a general rule, it merely means that one does not understand the evidence.

P.S. Foot now extracted from mouth on subject matter!

P.P.S. An absolutely essential element of information relative to the "Survey's" in Dealy Plaza would be the reports and/or notes of SS Agent John Joe Howlett, as he appears to have been involved in some manner or another in all of this work.

P.P.P.S. For whatever reason, the attachment will not upload. Thusly, I will attempt it separately.