The Education Forum

Alteration Question

Miles Scull

This topic has to do with photo alteration, as per recent threads. BM opposes alteration theory.

Question to BM:

Is this photo altered to create a verisimilitude??

crop-ig.jpgjfkbig-1.jpg

What it is ..... is an attempt by you to mislead and misrepresent the evidence concerning the possible alteration of photos and films in 1963/64. That late date computer image has nothing to do with 1963/64 technology and opportunity which has always been the big question.

What it is ..... is an attempt by you to mislead and misrepresent the evidence concerning the possible alteration of photos and films in 1963/64. That late date computer image has nothing to do with 1963/64 technology and opportunity which has always been the big question.

Without speed dialling Mack, please answer the query:

Is this JFK's son?

Your answers are, BM:

Yes, it is.

No, it is an altered photo.

I can't figure it out.

A first impression, for what it's worth:

Upon initial viewing of the image -- and before your most recent post -- my IMMEDIATE reaction was that someone has altered a photo of Patrick Kennedy.

Indeed, true.

However, against that is the claim that the mother was a Texan who knew LBJ, that his name is Jack, that he was born in 1961.

Upon initial viewing of the image -- and before your most recent post -- my IMMEDIATE reaction was that someone has altered a photo of Patrick Kennedy.

Indeed, true.

However, against that is the claim that the mother was a Texan who knew LBJ, that his name is Jack, that he was born in 1961.

I had read that he was the "image" of his alleged father- JFK, but I don't see it.

Dawn

Indeed, true.

I had read that he was the "image" of his alleged father- JFK, but I don't see it.

Dawn

The Globe and Mail picked up on the story the next day, at which point the man named Jack decided he'd try to nip speculation in the bud. The Globe's Marsha Lederman confirmed "a striking resemblance" between the two men and noted his "perfectly straight teeth."

Again, note mouth, ears, nose, eyes, hair, chin, neck, forehead & smile.

A ditto?

kennedy-.jpgcrop-ig.jpg

Indeed, true.

Dawn

The Globe and Mail picked up on the story the next day, at which point the man named Jack decided he'd try to nip speculation in the bud. The Globe's Marsha Lederman confirmed "a striking resemblance" between the two men and noted his "perfectly straight teeth."

Again, note mouth, ears, nose, eyes, hair, chin, neck, forehead & smile.

A ditto?

jj.jpgkennedy-.jpg-jj2.jpg

JFK was told about the kid.

Know what he said?

"I need this like I need a hole in the head."

(edited to enhance offensiveness)

:huh:

Man who may be JFK's son follows conspiracy theorist

Jack Worthington says key to his history may lie in book by widely dismissed writer

MARSHA LEDERMAN

From Thursday's Globe and Mail

February 14, 2008 at 4:41 AM EST

The British Columbia-based man who has the world wondering whether he is the son of John F. Kennedy is a follower of a U.S. author widely dismissed as a conspiracy theorist on the Kennedy assassination.

During a wide-ranging interview this week that was short on specifics, Jack Worthington indicated to The Globe and Mail that the key to his story and how it relates to Mr. Kennedy may lie in the book Blood, Money & Power: How L.B.J. Killed J.F.K. It was written by Barr McClellan, a former attorney for president Lyndon Johnson.

In his book, Mr. McClellan suggests there was a high-level conspiracy to kill President Kennedy and that the conspiracy - and cover-up - involved Mr. Johnson, the vice-president, who succeeded Mr. Kennedy. The book also suggests the shift in power benefited rich Texas oilmen because Mr. Johnson did not decrease an oil depletion allowance.

"Behind the attorney-client shield in the deep politics of Texas, the most monstrous crime in the nation was planned, completed, covered up, and paid for with power plays that were in place long before and long after Nov. 22, 1963," the book states.

Mr. McClellan's hypothesis has been widely discounted by other historians, who accept the Warren commission's conclusion that a lone gunman killed the president.

In a meeting with The Globe, Mr. Worthington said his mother's paternal family had strong political ties to Mr. Johnson, and he stated that "the rise of LBJ and fall of JFK" were significant factors in his own story and in any possible connection to the Kennedys.

"My existence is a potential Rosetta stone for a confusing period of American history," he said, citing the ancient stone found in Egypt that has become known as a symbol for the solution to a puzzle.

The catalyst for Mr. Worthington's decision to go public was a New York Post report last week that Vanity Fair had been working for about 18 months on a story about a Vancouver man who claimed to be the son of Mr. Kennedy.

After The Globe published a story about the speculation, Mr. Worthington contacted the newspaper, saying he wanted to speak with "a respected national publication."

Mr. Worthington, 46, is from Texas but lives in B.C. He is twice divorced, and married to a woman he says is Canadian. He has been in Canada for about five months.

He insists he is not motivated by money. "I told Vanity Fair that I would sign an agreement with the Kennedys immediately, in which I agree not to pursue any financial remuneration from the JFK estate whatsoever," he told The Globe, reading from a prepared statement.

He also urged the Kennedy family to provide DNA samples so tests could be run to see if there is a match.

But Mr. Worthington refused The Globe's offer to conduct the DNA testing, saying he would prefer that all testing go through Vanity Fair.

Mr. Worthington has refused to answer several questions, including why he believes he may be connected to Mr. Kennedy. In fact, he was consistently evasive when asked directly whether he believes he is the son of the late president.

He won't say why exactly he is coming forward. Nor will he say whether he went to Vanity Fair with his claims or if the publication contacted him. Vanity Fair has not commented.

Mr. Worthington did tell The Globe that his interest in Mr. Kennedy was sparked "just recently," but beyond mentioning the book, which was published in 2003, he did not indicate where his recent interest originated.

The death of Mr. Worthington's father last May could have been a factor in his decision to go public. Jack Worthington Senior was a basketball coach and high-school administrator in Houston.

"I had an idyllic childhood," Mr. Worthington told The Globe. "I had a fantastic father-son relationship with the man who raised me."

There are some remarkable coincidences in this case: The president was assassinated on young Jack's second birthday - in Texas, where the Worthingtons lived.

And Mr. Worthington does indeed bear a striking resemblance to Mr. Kennedy.

But as much as some may be enchanted by the idea of a little bit of Camelot coming to B.C., there is no evidence at this point that Jack Worthington can carry that claim.

But as much as some may be enchanted by the idea of a little bit of Camelot coming to B.C., there is no evidence at this point that Jack Worthington can carry that claim.

Denise Ryan, Canwest News Service

Published: Friday, February 15, 2008

VANCOUVER -- A Bush has come forward in defence of a possible Kennedy.

Sharon Bush, the former wife of President George W. Bush's brother Neil Bush and a close friend of Jack Worthington, has come forward exclusively to the Vancouver Sun to speak on his behalf.

"He is a fine man, highly ethical, a man of high integrity," Ms. Bush said about Worthington, rumoured to be John F. Kennedy's illegitimate son, in an interview Thursday.

Ms. Bush said she decided to speak out after a British tabloid claimed Mr. Worthington once tried to flog a book about being an illegitimate Kennedy offspring and may not be who he claims.

The tabloid is also claiming that Texas birth records show Mr. Worthington was born in January 1961 -- not, as Mr. Worthington says, on Nov. 22, two years to the day before John F. Kennedy's assassination.

It's just the sort of journalistic "blood sport" Mr. Worthington wanted to avoid.

Worthington stated simply Thursday that his birth date is a matter of public record. He also revealed that his sister was born on June 6, 1965, three years to the day before the assassination of Robert F. Kennedy.

Mr. Worthington vehemently denied having ever written, or spoken publicly, about his possible connection to the Kennedy family.

"It's outrageous. Vanity Fair approached me. They had to woo me for over six months to work with them on their story, and I only co-operated on their assurances that my anonymity would be protected."

Mr. Worthington, who moved to the Vancouver area nine months ago, said he is reeling from the attention his story is getting in the world media. He plans to come forward soon in an interview with a major U.S. network to "clear the air."

Mr. Worthington co-operated with the Vanity Fair story by David Friend, which has not yet been published, but said, "I have never claimed to be JFK's love child."

"When his mother gave him the information, just a few years ago, he was shell-shocked," said Ms. Bush. Mr. Worthington shared the information with Ms. Bush at the time in "complete confidence."

Ms. Bush said Mr. Worthington always kept his secret very well. "He only wants to know the truth."

Ms. Bush, who dated Mr. Worthington after her divorce from Neil Bush, said the resemblance is so strong, it's "stunning."

"Having been married to one president's brother, and now possibly dating another president's son, it was a little too much," she added with a laugh. They've remained close friends.

Mr. Worthington is particularly outraged by recent news reports that imply he supports Kennedy-assassination conspiracy theories.

"I am so disappointed," he told the Sun, and slammed what he called "irresponsible, poor journalism."

Mr. Worthington said he was appalled by a suggestion made Thursday in the Globe & Mail that he endorses a conspiracy theory put forward in Money & Power: How L.B.J. Killed J.F.K. by Barr McClellan. The book suggests then-vice-president Lyndon B. Johnson may have been involved in the assassination of President Kennedy, and a subsequent cover-up.

"I don't know what Vanity Fair wrote," said Mr. Worthington, who is an international investment banker, "but I've got a tremendous amount to lose here. My clients depend on me for my credibility."

It's credibility that longtime friend Sharon Bush vouches for. "He has a great reputation in Texas, he's involved in charity work. He's a great guy."

The Vancouver Sun also spoke at length with Vanity Fair reporter Mr. Friend, who contacted the Sun to get information.

He declined to comment on either the DNA testing that might support Vanity Fair's story, or on Mr. Worthington's credibility, but said he was following developments on the story with interest.

"I'm in the middle of the story," he explained. "Because we're a monthly and we're not a daily, everybody beats us."

Vancouver Sun

Close

JFK was told about the kid.

Know what he said?

(edited to enhance offensiveness)

CD, you irreverent "wise guy," you!

What I'd like to see is a picture of his mother, especially around the the era of his birth.

Maybe if he'd smiled and flashed that familiar toothy Kennedy smile, which most of the Kennedy off-spring have, I might be persuaded.

And maybe if he'd lose 20 pounds, as well. But, what the hey, the smile would probably suffice, to say the least.

Your Berry,

Terry

Edited by Terry Mauro