The Education Forum

German Connections

Bill, here's another - Elsa Silbernagel.

Jerry Rose article about her here:

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/...amp;relPageId=3

And I seem to recall a flap some time ago about another German female?

Was Ellen Rometsch German or Russian? Also Pres Kennedy was involved with a German (?) spy, Ingrid Arvard, and he had to break it up.

Kathy C

Ellen Rometsch was, according to Peter Dale Scott, East German. The revelations associating her with JFK, as Scott explains, stemmed from the introduction of Rometsch to Pres. Kennedy by none other than....Bobby Baker, at least according to Bobby Baker, allegedly at JFK's request. The Rometsch revelations were, seemingly, part of the fallout from the disclosure of the Christine Keeler/Profumo affair, on the other side of the Atlantic, which broke in June of 1963.

Scott mentions that Rometsch was.....one of the women at Baker's Quorum Club and N Street "love nest." and that Bobby Kennedy was responsible for her deportation.

Deep Politics and The Death of JFK pages 229-231

Also, while I am back on this thread, I would like to point out the reasoning behind the extensive amount of material written previously by me regarding the Theft of The Victory Program and Rainbow Five; ie what does that have to do with the JFK assassination?

Answer: To document the associations between the American media, the US Army and individuals in the Nazi Party in the days before Pearl Harbor; additionally, Wedemeyer, according to a article in the Dallas Times Herald from 1969, alleged that Wedemeyer and H.L. Hunt were on a familiar basis with each other, and John J McCloy, of course would ostensibly be one of the biggest names on the Warren Commission. When one considers, Lt Col. George Whitmeyer riding in the motorcade on 11/22/63 with JFK, a member of Army Intelligence and who has been the source of speculation regarding his possibly being the "military assistant" who assisted J. Walton Moore/CIA Dallas, and I believe you have an area that was considered by the "investigators" to be above reproach as far as being a party to the events that day. Not to mention Charles Willoughby.

See

WHITMEYER, GEORGE L., SR. (LT. COL.)

Sources: WC Vol 21, p. 578; WC Vol 24, pp. 295, 323; CIA 1642-1092 re "military assistant" to J. Walton Moore of CIA; Dallas Morning News, Wednesday, April 19, 1978, p. 5-D

Mary's

Comments: He rode in Pilot Car in 11/22/63 motorcade. Was he the "military assistant" assigned to assist J. Walton Moore in running the Dallas CIA office? 1963-1964 City Directories list him as Area Commander USA Reserve Training Center. In 1963, his wife Frances Raby Whitmeyer had a gift shop in Trade Mart. There was a rumor that FBI set up command post in her shop on 11/22/63. Whitmeyer died Tues, Apr 18, 1978. Survived 8y wife: Frances; sons: George L., Jr., and Glenn Whitmeyer; brothers: John Whitmeyer, Roselle Park, NJ, Victor Whitmeyer, Cranford, NJ; sisters: Helen Arthur, Kenilworth, NJ, Louise William, Philadelphia, PA.

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/...lt&id=10103

a read of Wild Bill : The :Last American Hero (post mortem bio) by his associate may provide some interesting insights, further a look at the Phllippine (+ assorted shirt color gangs across the wordl amongst the fifth collumnists) connections can be instructive. Why was WB apparently excluded from some events bu some curious coincidences. What part did he play in the intelligence Cairo section. Amoss (grecian toxin, cells) ?? Lisbon?? The Strategy of Tension, or its genesis??

a read of Wild Bill : The :Last American Hero (post mortem bio) by his associate may provide some interesting insights, further a look at the Phllippine (+ assorted shirt color gangs across the wordl amongst the fifth collumnists) connections can be instructive. Why was WB apparently excluded from some events bu some curious coincidences. What part did he play in the intelligence Cairo section. Amoss (grecian toxin, cells) ?? Lisbon?? The Strategy of Tension, or its genesis??

The first thing I think of when I think of Wild Bill Donovan, is that he undoubtedly had some degree of responsibility regarding the fact that Communist infiltration of various parts of the intelligence networks was a very real part of the negative aspects of US Intelligence history. Documentation of this fact, is not based on allegations. There is even a quote attributed to him circa World War II, "I'd put Stalin on the payroll if I thought it would help us defeat Hitler."

Reference

page 10, OSS: The Secret History of America's First Central Intelligence Agency - R Harris Smith

The fact that say, Richard Case Nagell alleged that his CIA contact was, in fact, a Soviet agent would be exactly along the lines of the dynamic I am referring to, although I am not stating that specific situation was caused by Donovan, but strictly in a general sense. And the lack of thorough background security checks was not Donovan's responsibility either.

Also See the Venona Intercepts.

That, [Communist infiltration] is probably a difficult aspect for many JFK researchers to accept, since it is similar to the "Oswald was a Communist," hyperbole that was part and parcel of the official version of the events of November 22, 1963.

Nonetheless, if one researches say, Intelligence operations in Mexico City circa 1963, specifically with regards to the Soviet Embassy you will discover that I am not making this up.

Also, for some additional information on Whitmeyer see

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.assassi...c1cb253db?hl=en

The first thing I think of when I think of Wild Bill Donovan, is that he undoubtedly had some degree of responsibility regarding the fact that Communist infiltration of various parts of the intelligence networks was a very real part of the negative aspects of US Intelligence history. Documentation of this fact, is not based on allegations. There is even a quote attributed to him circa World War II, "I'd put Stalin on the payroll if I thought it would help us defeat Hitler."

Reference

page 10, OSS: The Secret History of America's First Central Intelligence Agency - R Harris Smith

The fact that say, Richard Case Nagell alleged that his CIA contact was, in fact, a Soviet agent would be exactly along the lines of the dynamic I am referring to, although I am not stating that specific situation was caused by Donovan, but strictly in a general sense. And the lack of thorough background security checks was not Donovan's responsibility either.

That, [Communist infiltration] is probably a difficult aspect for many JFK researchers to accept, since it is similar to the "Oswald was a Communist," hyperbole that was part and parcel of the official version of the events of November 22, 1963.

Nonetheless, if one researches say, Intelligence operations in Mexico City circa 1963, specifically with regards to the Soviet Embassy you will discover that I am not making this up.

I tend to see WB's exclusion from the Pacific arena, and the apparent reasons curious. (Ditto codes and Pearl Harbour, reminiscent of the code stuffup at Anzio (Walker and co?) What evolved was a close association, by those who retained control, with fascist elements. In Cairo there were also factional diusputes leading to a purging leaving an anti communist - anti-partisan milieu (= pro Hitlers' anti Bolchevism) at a time when the CCCP fought a lonely devastating war for survival that only changed after the turning at the '...grads'; then a few weeks later comes D Day (and the race for Berlin, which the Nazis appears to fascilitate. The greek civil war, the division of Europe, and the denial (high on the agenda) of a warm water port for the Soviets. When the CCCP turned its attention to Japan, they were persuaded to hold off for a bit, then BANG, BANG the era of thermo nuclear warfare is unleashed. Korea becomes a battle ground that the CCCP therefore cannot directly participate in, later the same for Vietnam. Uncle Joe became the Evil Empire (that it always was in the mind of Capital) so while a proxy war was fought throughout the east and later middle east, the CCCP and the US of A never declared war directly. But certainly it was carried out covertly. On the economic front the punch and counterpunches of detente and chill eventually brought the CCCP near collapse and but for Gorbachov dramatically increasing the market for Capital postponed the meltdown we see today, (...and the Tridents are still there).

• 1 month later...

Reference

While I'd like to get back to Peter's description of Gus Russo as an extention/asset of the CIA, "a house has many rooms," and Gus, while parroting the original cover-story, often produces exceptional information that doesn't necessarilly support his thesis and bizarre conclusions.

The Double-Agent angle comes into play numerous times - with Oswald in USSR - who was he working for? And Kim Philby in early CIA meetings - where he recalls Frank Wisner detailing how they were going to use non-profit, philanthropic foundations as fronts for CIA operations (ie. San Jacinto Fund, Catherwood Fund, et al.). And then there's Richard Case Nagel and the Cubans - who were they working for - Castro G2 or anti-Castro CIA?

Now Gus Russo, in Brothers In Arms (BIA) says that the KGB somehow got a hold of Rolando Cubella's CIA file in which Oswald is named as a suspect in the Walker shooting.

If true, this is explosive information, as not even the Dallas cops suspected Oswald in the Walker shooting until after the assassination, and here the KGB knew Oswald involved, and they learn through one of the most dangerous double-agents of all time?

Russo concludes that Cubella could have only learned of Oswald's connection to the April 10, 63' Walker shooting from Oswald himself, when in fact we know that an American Army Reserve Colonel in Washington DC knew within ten days of the event. So Gus here, is jumping to conclusions again, either ignoring or not being aware of a source that I consider to solid. (A.E.)

Gus also has, besides his pal the German documentary film maker and their money, called attention to some other German connections to the assassination, together with the Rominich connection, and others still in development, should shed some interesting light on what really happened at Dealey Plaza.

Sprech en' see deutch?

BK

Nein, ich bin ein auslander, but an attempt at scrutinizing Der Spiegel and assorted French newspapers at the time of, and preceding, the ‘suicide’ (?) of Ewald Peters in Jan, 64 in order to track down the original East German sources that exposed him ( (he was the KriminalRat (head of security etc) under Adenaour and Erhard pal of unnamed members of Pres detail and accompanied Erhard in Dec 63 in the first state visit to LBJ’s ranch.) during Kennedy’s Berlin Visits but in fact an exofficer of Kommando C of the EisatzGruppen that ‘cleansed’ the area near Minsk [interestingly a member of his squad of Murderers (imported holusbolus by Nixon to beef up the republican voter base) had the Surname of Oswald) (did Walker participate in their cleansing prior to repatriation to the US of A?(Norway : clearing house of POW’s). the Crown Prince photographed next to Walker, while his wife was a house guest of the pres of the US of A. as Op Barbarossa drove towards Moscow, showed that a ready skill in German and French could be useful.

Edited by John Dolva

• 1 month later...

Having spent a frustrating day at the lib. came up with one 'new' bit. Apparently

>Ewald Peters was 'trained by the US' <

and as head of security had 'friends' (not just one) in the US SS. One commented on his death, indicating a closeness. Unfortunately, the TIME version in Oz is a TIME south-east asia version. 'LIFE' appears at the time as 'LIFE international'. (which always lead to protracted searches for copies as the catalogues refer to it as just 'LIFE'

So a mass murdererer is head of JFK's Berlin visits, is trained by the US, is pal with presidential detail, and visits LBJ's Ranch in Dec 63, is unmasked in Jan 64, and a few weeks later, along with others 'flies out of windows', hangs temselves in Jail cells, and vanish from history.

Finding a definite photo of him continues to be fruitless. There's a guy who reminds me a bit of Cain in a few background photo's. And others, but no photo's that point him out, or a photo that separately shows him.

Edited by John Dolva

A German connection ???

Hmmm.... got one!!! Cord Meyer, Jr., three generations removed from the fatherland....

Interesting document I found.....

Ltr to William Pawley from Carlos von der Becke March 13, 1961

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/...amp;relPageId=2

The document is basically a communication relating to a War Department document in which ostensibly on page 720 Pawley’s testimony stated that Von der Becke wrote Eisenhower in April 1946. Carlos von der Becke corrects Pawley stating that he never sent such a letter and indicated that the letter was a forgery, the identity of the person who allegedly forged the letter is redacted, [what a shock]. He says that this persons home was broken into in 1957 and they found letters from Silvano Santander, author of a book entitled Techniques of a Treason. Carlos von der Becke states that the forger was “a German who has a reputation for forging documents, who came to Buenos Aries from Chile in 1935. Carlos goes on to say that redacted and Santander were both Communist’s, and that the document mentions “our friend sic Spruille Braden

there is a translated page from wikipedia Spain which references this, but the URL is about half a mile long....

As well as this URL, which references Santander

See

The History of Argentine Trotskyism

http://www.revolutionary-history.co.uk/bac...o2/argtrot.html

This 1945 Time magazine article has a story on Spruille Braden

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/...,852408,00.html

• 3 weeks later...
Having spent a frustrating day at the lib. came up with one 'new' bit. Apparently

and as head of security had 'friends' (not just one) in the US SS. One commented on his death, indicating a closeness. Unfortunately, the TIME version in Oz is a TIME south-east asia version. 'LIFE' appears at the time as 'LIFE international'. (which always lead to protracted searches for copies as the catalogues refer to it as just 'LIFE'

So a mass murdererer is head of JFK's Berlin visits, is trained by the US, is pal with presidential detail, and visits LBJ's Ranch in Dec 63, is unmasked in Jan 64, and a few weeks later, along with others 'flies out of windows', hangs temselves in Jail cells, and vanish from history.

Finding a definite photo of him continues to be fruitless. There's a guy who reminds me a bit of Cain in a few background photo's. And others, but no photo's that point him out, or a photo that separately shows him.

agin, no photo of this important person who visited LBJ ranch in dec 63, arrested as Einsatzgruppen leader(in minsk area '42, trained by US, pal of pres detail member/s) in feb 64, committed 'suicide' in jail a couple of weeks later. Court ruling : çase closed. A german account. Can anyone translate it please?

attachment ewald01.jpg

• 1 month later...

Here's a good one:

Warren Commission Document CD 597 - FBI File prepared by Bundensnachrichtendienst.

"This item has been withdrawn from this file File Designation CD597. In the review of this file this item was removed because access to it is restricted. Restrictions on records in the National Archives are stated in general and specific record group restriction statements which are available for examination. The item identified has been withdrawn because it contains: security-classified information."

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/....do?docId=10996

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bundesnachrichtendienst

xxxx

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:BND_Logo.svg

Logo of Germany's Bundesnachrichtendienst (BND)Agency overviewFormedApril 1, 1956Preceding agencyGehlen OrganizationJurisdictionGovernment of GermanyHeadquartersPullach and BerlinEmployees6,050 (2005)Minister responsibleThomas de Maizière, Federal Minister of Special AffairsAgency executivesErnst Uhrlau, President

Arndt von Freytag-Loringhoven, Vice-PresidentParent agencyGerman ChancelleryWebsitewww.bnd.bund.deThe Bundesnachrichtendienst (Federal Intelligence Service, BND) is the foreign intelligence agency of the German government, under the control of the Chancellor's Office. Its headquarters are in Pullach near Munich, and Berlin (planned to be centralised in Berlin by 2011). The BND has 300 locations in Germany and foreign countries. In 2005, the BND employed around 6,050 people, 10% of them Bundeswehr soldiers; those are officially employed by the "Amt für Militärkunde" (Office for Military Sciences). The annual budget of the BND exceeds 430,000,000.

The BND acts as an early warning system to alert the German government to threats to German interests from abroad. It depends heavily on wiretapping and electronic surveillance of international communications. It collects and evaluates information on a variety of areas such as international terrorism, WMD proliferation and illegal transfer of technology, organized crime, weapons and drug trafficking, money laundering, illegal migration and information warfare. As Germany’s only overseas intelligence service, the BND gathers both military and civil intelligence. However, the Kommando Strategische Aufklärung (Strategic Reconnaissance Commando) of the German Armed Forces also fulfills this mission, but is not an intelligence service. There is close cooperation between the BND and the Kommando Strategische Aufklärung.

The domestic secret service counterparts of the BND are the Bundesamt für Verfassungsschutz (Federal Office for the Protection of the Constitution, BfV) and 16 counterparts at the state level Landesämter für Verfassungsschutz or State Offices for the Protection of the Constitution); there is also a separate military intelligence organisation, the Militärischer Abschirmdienst (lit. military screening service, MAD).

Contents

[hide]

• <LI class=toclevel-1>
1 History <LI class=toclevel-1>2 Structure <LI class=toclevel-1>3 Presidents of the BND

<LI class=toclevel-1>4 See also <LI class=toclevel-1>5 References

[*]6 External links and publications

//

[edit] History

The predecessor of the BND is the Third Reich German eastern military intelligence agency, Abteilung Fremde Heere Ost in the General Staff, led by Wehrmacht General Reinhard Gehlen. Its main purpose was to collect information on the Soviet Union. In 1946 Gehlen set up an intelligence agency informally known as the Gehlen Organization, and recruited many of his former co-workers. Many also were recruited from the former Sicherheitsdienst, SS and Gestapo. The organisation mainly worked for the CIA, which contributed money and other materials. On 1 April 1956 the Bundesnachrichtendienst was created from the Gehlen Organization, and was transferred to the German government. Reinhard Gehlen remained President of the BND until 1968.

During the Cold War, as many as 90% of the BND's informants in East Germany were double agents run by the Stasi.[1]

In 2005 a public scandal erupted (dubbed the Journalistenskandal, Journalists scandal) over revelations that the BND had in the mid 1990s placed under surveillance a number of German journalists, in an attempt to discover the source of information leaks from the BND.[citation needed]

Yet another scandal came to light in early 2006, when it was revealed that agents of the BND allegedly supplied targeting information to U.S. forces to facilitate the invasion of Iraq in 2003. The BND assures that it only conveyed so-called non-targets, locations that must not be attacked.[citation needed]

Another scandal is one where the BND has (partially) admitted to using journalists to spy on fellow journalists. This supposedly was done to protect the security and authenticity (i.e. the truth) of the BND's investigations. It was quickly decided to set up a parliamentary investigation committee ("Parlamentarischer Untersuchungsausschuss") to investigate the allegations. The affair quickly became controversial, and if the allegations are substantiated, it would be tantamount to a violation of freedom of speech which is protected under the German constitution.[citation needed]

180px-Gehlen.jpg http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Gehlen.jpgReinhard Gehlen, the founder and president of the Bundesnachrichtendienst, and legendary cold war spymaster

Edited by William Kelly

Guest Tom Scully

agin, no photo of this important person who visited LBJ ranch in dec 63, arrested as Einsatzgruppen leader(in minsk area '42, trained by US, pal of pres detail member/s) in feb 64, committed 'suicide' in jail a couple of weeks later. Court ruling : çase closed. A german account. Can anyone translate it please?

attachment ewald01.jpg

Peters might be shown riding inside the car in this foto, June 1963, Ludwig Erhard, standing, on the right:

(scroll down after photo loads....)

http://images.google.com/hosted/life/f?q=l...7e629c9afcfe333

Some shots of Erhard's December, 1963 Texas visit with LBJ:

http://images.google.com/hosted/life/l?img...sa%3DG%26um%3D1

Edited by Tom Scully

attachment ewald01.jpg

Peters might be shown riding inside the car in this foto, June 1963, Ludwig Erhard, standing, on the right:

(scroll down after photo loads....)

http://images.google.com/hosted/life/f?q=l...7e629c9afcfe333

Some shots of Erhard's December, 1963 Texas visit with LBJ:

http://images.google.com/hosted/life/l?img...sa%3DG%26um%3D1

Tom, He must be there somewhere. Perhaps one of the 'unidentified' in one of the photo's. Perhaps the middle seated incar. The shoulder badge has similarities to the KriminalRat badge, but also to others.

http://anonymous-generaltopics.blogspot.co...01/gestapo.html

"CIA inaction

In June 2006, old CIA documents regarding Nazis and stay-behind networks dedicated to anti-communism were released. Among the 27,000 documents released, a March 1958 memo from the German BND agency to the CIA stated that Eichmann was reported to have lived in Argentina since 1952, using the alias "Clemens". The CIA took no action on this information, however, because Eichmann's arrest threatened to be an embarrassment to the Americans and Germans by turning public attention to the former Nazis they had recruited after World War II. For example, the West German government at the time, headed by Konrad Adenauer (ed: Before Erhardt, same KriminalRat), was worried about what Eichmann might say, especially about the past of Hans Globke, Adenauer's national security adviser, who had worked with Eichmann in the Jewish Affairs department and helped draft the 1935 Nuremberg Laws.

At the request of Bonn,

the CIA

persuaded Life magazine

to delete any reference to Globke from Eichmann's memoirs,

which it had bought from his family.

By the time the CIA and the BND had this information, Israel had temporarily given up looking for Eichmann in Argentina because they could not discover his alias. Neither the CIA, nor the U.S. government as a whole, at that time had a policy of pursuing Nazi war criminals. In addition to protecting Eichmann and Globke, the CIA also protected Reinhard Gehlen, who recruited hundreds of former Nazi spies for the CIA. The low key attitude toward Nazi war criminals, and more concentration on the Soviet Union even possibly allowed Eichmann to be a member of a private American golf club and travel freely without being discovered."

Edited by John Dolva

http://www.spiritone.com/~gdy52150/betrayalp12.htm

"...A quote below from the July 28, 1946 edition of The New York Times by Bishop Wurm provides little doubt of his fears. "extreme left-wing elements are using denazification laws to destroy Germany’s leading classes of educated men...There is something Bolschevistic about it."90

This was the same argument that right wing elements in the United States were promoting. Many of those that were advancing such ideas in Americas homeland had been supporters and sympathizers of the Nazis before the war. American Nazis, like their German confederates, felt the events of World War II did not lessen their right to rule.

The condition of Germany after the failure of the 4Ds program was perhaps best summed up by Strang and Steele, two British political officers that toured Germany. They reported that the Nazis remained a privileged class. The failure to remove Nazi foremen and shopkeepers left the Nazis in control of the daily lives of the German population. The anti-Nazis did not have the strength to challenge the former order. The foremost anti-Nazis had already perished in the concentration camps or were executed by Nazi courts.

The views of Strang and Steele deepened the British lack of interest in pursuing denazification further. Only American criticism prevented the British from fully removing themselves from the denazification program.

In 1952, McCloy returned to the United States and became a consultant for the Rockefeller financed Ford Foundation, a foundation that has close ties with the CIA and is closely associated with the Council of Foreign Relations. In 1953, McCloy became chairman of Chase National Bank, which soon merged into the Chase Manhattan Bank. After the assassination of John F. Kennedy, McCloy served on the Warren Commission. From then until his death he was involved in many dealings between the US government and other governments, private industry and banks.

McCloy’s departure from Germany marked the beginning of a new phase of post war Germany. Germany from then on was self-governed with little interference from the occupying armies. Adenauer had been elected as chancellor and his government was loudly proclaimed to be a democracy that had rid itself of the Nazi menace. Such assessments were overly optimistic. The Adenauer government was riddled with ex Nazis. Adenauer himself was compromised with his past associations with Nazis as well as being a benefactor of money from Nazis that were intent on reestablishing national socialism, such as Fredrich Flick, who gave generously to Adenauers party.

The state of Adenauer’s government can best be determined by looking at the records of two of the most influential men in the chancellery, Dr. Hans Globke and Dr Herbert Blankenhorn. Both men despite their loathsome records were entrusted by Adenauer to the rebuilding of the government.

Hans Globke served the Nazis as the top official in the Office for Jewish Affairs in the Ministry of Interior. He was directly involved in the formation of the racial laws and drafted the text of Hitlers race laws. Globke was also the author of the notorious Commentary that interpreted the Nuremberg laws, paving the way for the Holocaust. When the Nazis decided on mass extermination of the Jews, Globkes superior resigned as a matter of conscience. Globke filled his position. As chief legal advisor and head of Jewish Affairs Globke was a direct participant in the Holocaust.

On Spetemeber 28, 1960, Der Spiegel reported Globke had direct dealings with Eichmann. The article quoted testimony from war criminal Max Marten, who had been convicted of war crimes. Eichmann, had requested Marten to send 20,000 Jews in Macedonia to Palestine in 1943. Globke’s permission was needed for the release however; Globke refused to release the Jews insisting on a strict adherence to Hitler’s order for liquidation.92

On October 30, 1955, Der Welt described Globke as the second in command of the German ship of state. The paper reported that Globke alone had access to Adenauer at all times. Globke used his power to appoint many Nazis to important positions within the government. Some suggested Globke had done more to renazify West Germany than anyone else.93

McCloy and the Military Occupation Government had to have known of Globkes record. As there was criticism of his record from almost the beginning. On July 12, 1950, the legal expert of the Social Democratic Party, Dr. Adolf Arndt, spoke in front of the Bundestag describing Globke's record in detail. He accused Globke of committing mass murder with legal paragraphs. On October 16, 1951, Dr. Gerhard Luetkens, the Social Democrats deputy, charged Globke before the Bundestag with packing the Foreign Office with ex-Nazis.94

On June 11, 1958, Deutshce Zeitung in a full-page article explained how Globke was able to maintain rigid control over every ministry. As Secretary of State, Globke convened all cabinet meetings and determined the agenda. All appointments had to cross Globke’s desk. Therefore, Globke was able to install loyal friends in every ministry.95 Globke was also an old friend with Reinhard Gehlen, and provided Gehlen with his access to Adenauer. In 1955, when the federal Republic became a sovereign state, Gehlen’s network of spies was openly recognized as an arm of the Bonn government. Gehlens network was home to ex SS and other Nazis.

In effect once West Germany became a sovereign state, Gehlens network was under the direct command of Globke."

edit: add: Kennedy's stilling the waters re the Cold War and freeing 'subhumans' at home had serious implications to US of A Isolationist (fifth collumnists) leftovers and German Nazis (He's a bloody Pinko, and we know very well what to do with them...).

And then there's the 'good ole' boy', Gen. Walker. The Gopher.

(Milteers dialog indicates a knowledge of how to use Amoss' 'Leaderless resistance'.)

Wiki

"A typical covert cell operates as anything from a lone individual to a small group of members. The basic characteristic of the structure is that there is no explicit communication between cells which are otherwise acting toward the same goals. Members of one cell usually have little or no specific information* on who else is agitating on behalf of their cause.

Leaderless movements may have symbolic figureheads. It can be a public figure or an inspirational author, who picks generic targets and objectives, but does not actually manage or execute plans. Media, in this case, often create a positive feedback loop: the publishing of declarations of a movement’s role model instills motivation, ideas and assumed sympathy in the minds of potential agitators who lend further authority to the figurehead.[citation needed] While this may be loosely viewed as a vertical command structure, it is notably unidirectional: a titular leader makes pronouncements and activists may respond but there is no established contact between the two levels of organization.

As a result, leaderless resistance cells are largely insusceptible to informants and traitors. As there is neither a center that may be destroyed, nor links between the cells that may be infiltrated, it is more difficult for established authorities# to arrest the development of a leaderless resistance movement than more conventional hierarchies."

add2:

* "...have little or no specific information..." this is important, no records, no paper trails.

# especially if they need deniability and aren't all that keen in the first place. It's all the same grouping after all...

Edited by John Dolva