The Education Forum

Thayer Waldo

John Simkin

Does anyone know if Thayer Waldo is still alive? Waldo worked as a foreign correspondent in Mexico and Cuba. He left Cuba when Fidel Castro came to power and moved to the Dominican Republic. In 1962 he joined the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.

Waldo was the first journalist to arrive at Dallas Police Station after the assassination of JFK. He was there when they brought in the rifle found in Texas School Book Depository. Later he watched them bring in Lee Harvey Oswald.

Waldo told the Warren Commission that he had an important informant in the Dallas Police. His name was Lieutenant George Butler. According to Michael Benson, Butler was an associate of Haroldson L. Hunt. Butler was also the man in charge of Oswald's transfer when he was killed by Jack Ruby.

Waldo told Mark Lane that he had discovered that Jack Ruby, J. D. Tippet and Bernard Weismann had a meeting at the Carousel Club eight days before the assassination. Waldo added that he was too scared to publish the story and other information that he had about the assassination. Lane introduced Waldo to Dorothy Kilgallen. Her article on the Tippit, Ruby and Weissman meeting appeared on the front page of the Journal American.

Does anyone know if Thayer Waldo is still alive? Waldo worked as a foreign correspondent in Mexico and Cuba. He left Cuba when Fidel Castro came to power and moved to the Dominican Republic. In 1962 he joined the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.

Waldo was the first journalist to arrive at Dallas Police Station after the assassination of JFK. He was there when they brought in the rifle found in Texas School Book Depository. Later he watched them bring in Lee Harvey Oswald.

Waldo told the Warren Commission that he had an important informant in the Dallas Police. His name was Lieutenant George Butler. According to Michael Benson, Butler was an associate of Haroldson L. Hunt. Butler was also the man in charge of Oswald's transfer when he was killed by Jack Ruby.

Waldo told Mark Lane that he had discovered that Jack Ruby, J. D. Tippet and Bernard Weismann had a meeting at the Carousel Club eight days before the assassination. Waldo added that he was too scared to publish the story and other information that he had about the assassination. Lane introduced Waldo to Dorothy Kilgallen. Her article on the Tippit, Ruby and Weissman meeting appeared on the front page of the Journal American.

Does anyone know if Thayer Waldo is still alive?

Not factually and truly, however:

http://ssdi.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/ssdi.cgi

Name Birth Death Last Residence Last Benefit SSN Issued Tools Order

Record?

THAYER WALDO 31 Oct 1910 01 Jan 1989 XX773 (not specified) (none specified) 568-14-7441 California SS-5 Letter

Add Post-em

Search Ancestry.com

Viewing 1-1 of 1

----------------------------------------------------------

With that stated, one must recognize the "source" of said information, ie; the US Government.

And, just as I do not automatically assume the truth that Rip Robertson was killed in Vietnam, neither do I accept that Thayer Waldo is also deceased.

Especially considering that Thayer Waldo was an "asset" to/for someone.

-------------------------------------------------------------

http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/testimony/waldo.htm

http://www.history-matters.com/archive/jfk...Vol15_0298a.htm

http://www.history-matters.com/archive/jfk...Vol21_0366b.htm

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Does anyone know if Thayer Waldo is still alive?

Gary Mack tells me that Thayer Wado died on New Year's Day 1989.

Yes but!

"The report of my death is an exaggeration",

Mark Twain

As well as the fact that my grandparents were informed that my father had been killed in the Pacific in WWII, when it fact it was Hubie H. Purvis who lived on down the road. (my father was also an H. H. Purvis)

Some "mistakes" are unintentional, and some mistakes are absolutely intentional.

http://coverthistory.blogspot.com/2005/07/...eting-from.html