The Education Forum

Secret Service Stands Down in Dallas Appearance

http://www.star-telegram.com/dallas_news/story/486413.html

Posted on Thu, Feb. 21, 2008

Police concerned about order to stop screening

By JACK DOUGLAS Jr.

Star-Telegram Staff Writer

DALLAS -- Security details at Barack Obama's rally Wednesday stopped screening people for weapons at the front gates more than an hour before the Democratic presidential candidate took the stage at Reunion Arena.

The order to put down the metal detectors and stop checking purses and laptop bags came as a surprise to several Dallas police officers who said they believed it was a lapse in security.

Dallas Deputy Police Chief T.W. Lawrence, head of the Police Department's homeland security and special operations divisions, said the order -- apparently made by the U.S. Secret Service -- was meant to speed up the long lines outside and fill the arena's vacant seats before Obama came on.

The Secret Service did not return a call from the Star-Telegram seeking comment.

Several Dallas police officers said it worried them that the arena was packed with people who got in without even a cursory inspection.

They spoke on condition of anonymity because, they said, the order was made by federal officials who were in charge of security at the event."

Ahem.

Perhaps history repeating itself. Could this be a type of "security probe" before a main event located somewhere else?

I worry about the man as he gathers momentum. I worder if he or his advisors knew about this at the time. I do not think they would have O.K'ed that. If they did then he had better get new advisors. I was told by a DP who was on detail that the feds should not have been in charge.. "..they took charge..". Sounds familiar to me.

I think we need to do everything possible to insure that he and his advisors know about this now. I plan to phone and email his team, as well as write letters to media, and post on blogs and forums to publicize this incident. I'm also considering starting a website to monitor this situation.

I don't know what else to do at the moment.

I know Obama's message is all about hope, but this is too alarming to just hope he's safe.

Send him copies of these postings otherwise you will be thought of as an independent alarmist and your fears for him will drop by the wayside. The editors of most major media will not take this story or let their reporters report their gut feelings.... however, they will let them sling mud at Mc Cain and others which are not in the "Group". I feel the Mc Cain mater and the timing of such was set in motion to take away from what was recently found in Dallas and too the trip to Dallas by Obama. I feel forces are moving into place for a hit and the Secret Service knows this.... ,or I should say SOME in the Secret Service know or feel this.. Its time to be very careful. The Powers that be are very feverous at this time.... I mean real jumpy. There are dark clouds on the horizon. If you notice this security breach it has not even been reported by the big boys of the media. They seem to be more interested in what someone didor didn't do with his "Pee..P..".

Secret Service defends security at Obama rally in Dallas: http://www.star-telegram.com/news/story/489920.html

Thanks Mike.

A noteworthy blurb from the article you linked to:

"This relaxed security was unbelievably stupid, especially in Dallas," Jeff Adams of Berkeley, Calif., said in an e-mail to the Star-Telegram, noting the assassination of President Kennedy in Dallas more than four decades ago.

Others said they had recently attended large political events, many for Obama, where security screening was halted. Jeremy Dibbell of Boston said in an e-mail that he attended an Obama event in Boston at which "the same thing happened there. We waited for hours in line as people were screened, and then suddenly everyone was just allowed in without going through any inspection at all."

Secret Service defends security at Obama rally in Dallas: http://www.star-telegram.com/news/story/489920.html

Thanks Mike.

"This relaxed security was unbelievably stupid, especially in Dallas," Jeff Adams of Berkeley, Calif., said in an e-mail to the Star-Telegram, noting the assassination of President Kennedy in Dallas more than four decades ago.

Others said they had recently attended large political events, many for Obama, where security screening was halted. Jeremy Dibbell of Boston said in an e-mail that he attended an Obama event in Boston at which "the same thing happened there. We waited for hours in line as people were screened, and then suddenly everyone was just allowed in without going through any inspection at all."

May I have the distinction of being the first to say on this forum that Obama is going to be killed? When I mentioned it, another member said we shouldn't be talking about it because anyone can be reading this Forum and get ideas... When I heard this morning that Obama was in Dallas, I felt like I was going to puke.

There is no way the rich families: DuPont, Morgan, Murchison, Rockefeller, Rothschilds, Bush, Hunt, et al, are going to allow a black man with an Arab name, brought up in Islam, get anywhere near the Presidency. I'm surprised no one on this Forum really thought about this happening before today. When I see him on TV I think I'm looking at a dead man. I can't believe he got this far. So I'm bracing myself and nothing will surprise me. Obama is young. So if he doesn't get near enough this time, there's always the next time. Sorry to say it: he's a marked man.

Kathy

Thanks Mike.

May I have the distinction of being the first to say on this forum that Obama is going to be killed? When I mentioned it, another member said we shouldn't be talking about it because anyone can be reading this Forum and get ideas... When I heard this morning that Obama was in Dallas, I felt like I was going to puke.

There is no way the rich families: DuPont, Morgan, Murchison, Rockefeller, Rothschilds, Bush, Hunt, et al, are going to allow a black man with an Arab name, brought up in Islam, get anywhere near the Presidency. I'm surprised no one on this Forum really thought about this happening before today. When I see him on TV I think I'm looking at a dead man. I can't believe he got this far. So I'm bracing myself and nothing will surprise me. Obama is young. So if he doesn't get near enough this time, there's always the next time. Sorry to say it: he's a marked man.

Kathy

Oh Kathy, you have so many distinctions; this is but the latest.

Clearly the topic isn't off limits, because we have a prominent thread on it. What is incredibly offensive, at least to me however, is your gleeful tone when you write off Senator Obama as a dead man walking.

Yes, you were the first you were the FIRST. By all means crow about it. Add it to your friggin sig line.

Let's take full advantage of our hard-earned education in this subject.

Cui bono? Who benefits from this easily discoverd threat to Obama?

Who benefits from the notion that Obama has been targeted?

Deep breath, everybody.

If they wanted him dead, he'd be dead.

Have we learned nothing?

There is no way the rich families: DuPont, Morgan, Murchison, Rockefeller, Rothschilds, Bush, Hunt, et al, are going to allow a black man with an Arab name, brought up in Islam, get anywhere near the Presidency. I'm surprised no one on this Forum really thought about this happening before today....

Here's the original prediction:

This is how I think it will break down. It's going to be Hillary vs. Guiliani. McCain looks exhausted already and on the news they said he's just about gone through his campaign money.

Obama seems very popular, and to what I've seen on TV, greatly so among white voters. He draws crowds. This man was brought up in the Black Muslim religion and claims now to be of another religion. If he gets anywhere near Hillary Clinton's percentages, he will be killed, imo. No way is he going to be a Vice President or President. No way. Will it be a small plane crash? Will someone shoot him? Will he drown? Will he suddenly decide to commit suicide? I would not want to be on a plane with this guy.

There is no way the rich families: DuPont, Morgan, Murchison, Rockefeller, Rothschilds, Bush, Hunt, et al, are going to allow a black man with an Arab name, brought up in Islam, get anywhere near the Presidency. I'm surprised no one on this Forum really thought about this happening before today....

Here's the original prediction:

This is how I think it will break down. It's going to be Hillary vs. Guiliani. McCain looks exhausted already and on the news they said he's just about gone through his campaign money.

Obama seems very popular, and to what I've seen on TV, greatly so among white voters. He draws crowds. This man was brought up in the Black Muslim religion and claims now to be of another religion. If he gets anywhere near Hillary Clinton's percentages, he will be killed, imo. No way is he going to be a Vice President or President. No way. Will it be a small plane crash? Will someone shoot him? Will he drown? Will he suddenly decide to commit suicide? I would not want to be on a plane with this guy.

Obama's insurance policy against being assassinted is making Al Sharpton Vice President.

BK

Thanks Mike.

Kathy

Oh Kathy, you have so many distinctions; this is but the latest.

Clearly the topic isn't off limits, because we have a prominent thread on it. What is incredibly offensive, at least to me however, is your gleeful tone when you write off Senator Obama as a dead man walking.

Yes, you were the first you were the FIRST. By all means crow about it. Add it to your friggin sig line.

I am not gleeful. I'm just seeing it as it is. This guy has had assassination written all over him from the beginning, so I don't know why you were surprised by that newspaper article. I've been told that I'm blunt and honest and that people can't deal with that. I'm sorry, but there's no glee in this. He reminds me of Bobby Kennedy -- doomed. Do you think he's going to get in? They'll kill him at the damn convention. This is what the Kennedy Assassination is all about. The same powers that be; the same MO. Even 9/11.

I don't know why you're so emotional about my post. Pray tell, what are my other distinctions? How else did I offend you?

Kathy

"...Even with large turnout at political rallies, the desire to move the crowd into an event does not override security, the Obama campaign says. "The Secret Service would never put anybody in a position of minimizing security for any other goal," the senior campaign advisor said. "They (the Secret Service) have one job to do and they do it 100 percent without cutting any corners."

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/Vote2008/st...0538&page=1

'Scuse me while I laugh 'til I cry.

More from the article:

""It is of the utmost importance now that the Secret Service provides the most rigorous protection for Sen. Obama," said ABC News consultant Fawaz Gerges, author of numerous books on national security and the terrorist threat. "It is a serious concern for many Americans in light of the historical precedents with Martin Luther King and President John F. Kennedy and Robert Kennedy."

To reporters traveling with the candidate, it seems there are visible signs that security around the senator is increasing. On a few recent occasions, armed snipers were spotted on rooftops, including at an outdoor rally in Wilmington, Del., and another in Clemson, S.C., in January. Reporters traveling with the candidate have noted an increase in protective measures, with background checks performed on reporters who have already been with the campaign on a daily basis for months."

"Obama said that Lozada-Tirado had previously helped the Obama campaign during their stop in the Dallas area, as well.

"We all have security details whenever we go to a particular city, and Sen. Clinton and I have Secret Service, but it's all done in cooperation with local law enforcement, and oftentimes we get motorcycle details who help set up motorcades and ease traffic when we're traveling into a city and out of a city," Obama said. "It's a reminder of the outstanding work that law enforcement does for us each and every day."

Amen. Sorta.

Hoping for the best...