The Education Forum

Kodak girl

Lee Forman

Lot's of folks bashing Gary Mack - he's been a lot of help to me, so I thought I would simply post a graphic which IMO supports a woman making use of some type of Kodak camera during the assassination - the fact that there is no 'official' record of this event should be of no surprise to anyone.

Gary - if no one has volunteered a copy of Harvey and Lee for the museum - let me know and I will contribute a copy asap.

- lee

post-675-1203652642_thumb.jpg

Lot's of folks bashing Gary Mack - he's been a lot of help to me, so I thought I would simply post a graphic which IMO supports a woman making use of some type of Kodak camera during the assassination - the fact that there is no 'official' record of this event should be of no surprise to anyone.

Gary - if no one has volunteered a copy of Harvey and Lee for the museum - let me know and I will contribute a copy asap.

- lee

Lee, I believe this is the couple seen in the Nix film standing in the south pature. If so, then she isn't taking any photos from what I can tell. The woman that Gary spoke about (if I remember correctly) was taking a photo of the President when he was out in front of her - between she and the TSBD. Maybe someone can verify if I have that right. It's been a while, but I think that was the case, unless we are talking about yet another Kodac woman.

Bill

Edited by Bill Miller

- lee

Lee, I believe this is the couple seen in the Nix film standing in the south pature. If so, then she isn't taking any photos from what I can tell. The woman that Gary spoke about (if I remember correctly) was taking a photo of the President when he was out in front of her - between she and the TSBD. Maybe someone can verify if I have that right. It's been a while, but I think that was the case, unless we are talking about yet another Kodac woman.

Bill

Possible. I do believe that this woman is holding a Kodak type of camera in her right hand in the z-film, and we see her and her male companion running up the steps with the camera and her handbag in tow. The Duaflex model had the viewfinder built into the top of the camera. Hard to be 100% - even using the best z-frame I have of this woman. I'd like to get Gary's account on the woman again myself. As I recall, the photos she took were worthless. However, this doesn't mean that it didn't happen - referring to the other thread and Gary's credibility.

http://lightofday.wetpaint.com/page/Kodak+...he+rough?t=anon

- lee

Lee, the reason members "hate" Gary Mack is because he discovered BadgeMan and HardHat Man from the Moorman photo, but now doesn't really stand by these discoveries. People feel he sold out. Or was never in.

About small cameras. There's a picture of a young woman in the Couch film, holding something in her hand. It could be a gun, or more likely, a camera.

I've tried to post a gif here. It uploaded all right.

Kathy

Lee, the reason members "hate" Gary Mack is because he discovered BadgeMan and HardHat Man from the Moorman photo, but now doesn't really stand by these discoveries. People feel he sold out. Or was never in.

Gary has always told me that he feels that he and Jack's Badge Man work is solid, so I don't know why someone would think he has changed his mind. Maybe those reasons for thinking Mack sold out are unfounded. But if people are going to debate Mack's opinions, then we might want to keep in mind the difference between Mack having opinions about what happened during the assassination ... like everyone else does, but he also has a position at the Museum where they expect that he appear neutral and stick to the official evidence of the case because then his purpose isn't to offer an opinion, but rather to recite history.

Bill

Gary has always told me that he feels that he and Jack's Badge Man work is solid, so I don't know why someone would think he has changed his mind. Maybe those reasons for thinking Mack sold out are unfounded. But if people are going to debate Mack's opinions, then we might want to keep in mind the difference between Mack having opinions about what happened during the assassination ... like everyone else does, but he also has a position at the Museum where they expect that he appear neutral and stick to the official evidence of the case because then his purpose isn't to offer an opinion, but rather to recite history.

Bill

Bill, I don't want to give you the impression that I hate Gary Mack. I don't. Neither do I hate the late Norman Mailer. It's just been my experience -- don't forget I'm the Forum gossip -- that researchers consider him a sellout; that's the word I heard. I'm going to drop a bit of gossip. Some learned man was teaching a college course on the Kennedy Assassination and, the story goes, the man believed in conspiracy. Mack and another man heckled him throughout the class. If this is untrue, I'm sorry. I don't remember how I got this info or who said it, so it's just hearsay.

Kathleen Collins