The Education Forum

Liverpool v Barnsley

John Simkin

Guest Gary Loughran

Whilst Jeff is indeed the best Sports anchour on TV at the moment...the history of that reaction is borne from equal humour.

I can't remember if it was Havant, but Jeff was going bonkers in a typical Stelling rant (similar to when Hartlepool score :) ) when Thommo in so obviously foul temper it is funny, chastises Jeff about his 'anti-Liverpool' stance. This lead to Jeff later in the game (and I now recall it was Havant) giving a 'big up' to Liverpool for soundly beating a team 132 places below them etc. etc.. This, for me, was more hilarious given Thommos fury and the fact that everyone else in the studio is pissing themselves laughing.

Le Tissier is also doing a Sterling job - I'm impressed with him. I think Merson will remain because he is too funny, witness him trying to name players etc. Also Merse's financial status will nearly ensure he remains. The show has always done a great job of raising the profile of older players and giving them the opportunity to earn a few bob.

Whilst Jeff is indeed the best Sports anchour on TV at the moment...the history of that reaction is borne from equal humour.

I can't remember if it was Havant, but Jeff was going bonkers in a typical Stelling rant (similar to when Hartlepool score :) ) when Thommo in so obviously foul temper it is funny, chastises Jeff about his 'anti-Liverpool' stance. This lead to Jeff later in the game (and I now recall it was Havant) giving a 'big up' to Liverpool for soundly beating a team 132 places below them etc. etc.. This, for me, was more hilarious given Thommos fury and the fact that everyone else in the studio is pissing themselves laughing.

Le Tissier is also doing a Sterling job - I'm impressed with him. I think Merson will remain because he is too funny, witness him trying to name players etc. Also Merse's financial status will nearly ensure he remains. The show has always done a great job of raising the profile of older players and giving them the opportunity to earn a few bob.

I also like Tony Gale. However, he gets very few chances on the panel. Alvin Martin is also very good on the phone-in programme. Did you see Alan Mullary the other night saying that Gallas was justified for kicking Nanni after his so-called "show-boating". He then went onto say that is what he did during his career. Disgraceful comment and he should be banned from appearing on the programme in future. Thompson mentioned it on today's programme but did not name Mullary as the man who said it.