The Education Forum

The Nash Rambler

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the Nash Rambler Jay Harrison had in storage for over ten years. I took these pictures on 3-30-02 before we (Jay and I ) moved it to my daughter's and her husbands farm near Lockhart. I have other pictures as well as Dawn.

There are Mexico permits still pasted on this car as well as other info.

This is the car after we cut it loose from the tree at the storage place. Thats Jay Harrison with his back to the camara. He did not like to have his picture taken.

For the record this is the car that Richard Bartholomew wrote about finding at UT. (It's been referenced here on the forum a few times (See "Possible Discovery of an Automobile Used in the JFK Conspiracy", can be found online).

Tosh thanks for the pic with Jay in it! No he wasn't much on having his pic taken but I have a bunch of them, different places, times, gatherings...

Dawn

Hello Dawn,

Here is a Pic of the Bartholomew Nash. (Hope it comes out OK...still learning to navigate on this site)

Same license plate number, etc. We had it here on the farm for awhile and I think Dad explained the details of why it is no longer here. We still have the hubcaps and the spare tire. Still in search of where it went from here.

As far as Jay....he was a very dear friend and incredible researcher. He was the liasion that reunited Dad and I after 27 years. I will be eternally grateful for that, especially after I was told by "Government Entities" that Dad was dead back in 2000. I searched for so many years for him and had no idea what he was involved in. Jay filled me in to a limited extent. Dad did the rest later. Jay and Dad surprised me as well as my son Chad when they came over and hid Dad's truck behind the barn while I was at work. When I returned home from work there was a knock at the door. Jay was smiling and I opened it and Wow, there was my Dad. It was Good Friday of 2002. It was definately an Oprah moment. Jay, Dad, Chad, my husband, and I were all in tears. And the story goes on. Great memories as I think back of Jay days.

Sorry I did not get back with you the other day. My hiking and outdoors is a major priority and as you know the weather has been great until yesterday.

Anyway, I hope this pic is some help to you and the forum to prove the validity of the Nash Jay had and Bartholomew's article.

Take Care,

Leslie

Hi Leslie,

Thanks for posting the great story about Jay and Tosh. I know the story already and have for years but it is a lovely touch to hear it from your perspective. Such a Jay kinda of thing too. He loved to surprise people. Jay was quite a guy and yes an excellent researcher. I sure hope your Dad makes it down to these parts one of tese days. You and I live just about 10 minutes from each other. Hey Tosh :lol:

Dawn

• 1 year later...
XXXX

Tosh, A sad move to come back and delete your posts. Won't add to what credibility you have left....besides all such things are archived on a few sites on the internet - and many of us have downloaded various threads. We need to ADD to what is known - not DELETE information - even informed opinion/speculation. IMO. Now persons will wonder to themselves what you were trying to not say, hide, delete, forced to or asked to delete and by whom - and why, etc. et al.

Pete: I could care less what you and others think about my credibility. Have a nice day.

One of the most understudied statements by Oswald. He doesn't deny he got into a stationwagon, nor that it was one like or one that was Paine's! He also seems not yet to realize that his wife's host and someone who may well have on occassion loaned him her/their car and done other favors for 'Lee' [including, apparently, getting a job at the TSBD] weren't quite the 'friends' he thought!.....sadly, he didn't live long enough to fully appreciate this fact.

"Now everyone will know who I am" ...Sure, because you've just linked yourself to an op who's even more out there than you are. However, Lee...this is the least of your problems now. Watch out for Jacks bearing gifts during the perp walk.

Tosh, come back, please.

Edited by David Andrews

• 5 months later...
If you believe in the Harvey and Lee story, Harvey never got into that station wagon/Rambler Nov.22. Lee did.

Kathy C

Reupping this thread, I did not realize Tosh had photgraphed the Rambler referenced in Possible Discovery of An Automobile. Did anyone ever check to see if the Mr Harrison referenced could be related to Dallas Police Detective W. J. Blackie Harrison?

To those familiar with Bartholomew he delved into some very interesting issues relating to Harry Howe Ransom, I recently discovered that H. H. Ransom was a guest at LBJ's Ranch after the assassination, on at least one occasion, and that he authored a book entitled

The Intelligence Establishment......

It really was a shame how Richard was practically run off the Forum, and was one of the most nauseating spectacles I ever was privy to.

The Rambler photo's are on Page 1

• 5 years later...

Thanks, Mark, for the reference -

If i may ask, and with respect, - so this IS the same U.T. Rambler RBartholomew spoke of, owned by George Wing? Is that what I'm reading here? what's the connection between Mr Plumlee and the car, then?

fascinating.

someone asked what the registration of that plate # would return, and it's in the article that Wing bought the car from CB Smith, also connected to Ransom and Rostow and Johnson (LB), et al...

Edited by Glenn Nall

Apparently, this was the Rambler...as far as I can determine.

Are you familiar with who William Robert "Tosh" Plumlee is?

i recognize the name (from distant memory) as a CIA? name - although I didn't want to just make that leap... I did wonder if it's the same as the name in my memory.

post Google response:

oh. hell.

:)

Thanks, Mark, for the reference -

If i may ask, and with respect, - so this IS the same U.T. Rambler RBartholomew spoke of, owned by George Wing? Is that what I'm reading here? what's the connection between Mr Plumlee and the car, then?

fascinating.

someone asked what the registration of that plate # would return, and it's in the article that Wing bought the car from CB Smith, also connected to Ransom and Rostow and Johnson (LB), et al...

Glen: Jay Harrison was a former Dallas Reserve police officer in Dallas on 11/22/63. He would devote his life after that date to JFK assassination and related research, deep cover, you will not find him via google as only those who knew him knew about him. He and Tosh go back to the 50's in Dallas. Richard was working with Jay for several years and when Richard could no longer house the Rambler , J enlisted his old friend Tosh, as Tosh's daughter had land south of Austin. (See the post above from Tosh's daughter Lesley). Yes this is the same car that RB found, photographed and bought.

I was privileged to be one of J's best friends from the day we met (11/21/97) til he passed on 5/25/05. He left his work to Walt Brown. Unfortunately the only person who has ever had access to any of J's research materials was Joan Mellen. From what I have read of her work all I can say is that J is rolling over in his grave. (If J and Nathan Darby were alive both could sue her for libel. ) I dare say no more. I once considered her a good friend and was looking forward to a book that she promised me would show her audience what a wonderful -but largely unknown- researcher J was.

If the book is ever published several people will have much to say refuting many of her allegations. I will await the book to see what her sources are for some of her allegations.

Dawn

i remember that you had mentioned your friendship with Richard once before, too, and was figuring that you'd pipe in sooner or later here. :)

I'm coming to enjoy Richard's writing and his obvious work a lot.

and thanks, you answered what i was looking for - that explains how the Rambler got from Wing to Richard to Jay.

I see Dr Walt Brown's name pretty regularly and had the idea that his work is reputable; is that your opinion, too?

Re Joan Mellen types, it's so incredibly disappointing so many in this mystery have such an ugly, transparent and still damaging agenda. I see it in every forum I visit. Smart asses who don't write to add to the thread but to take away from it somehow, exposing their own selfish agenda to appear smarter than the other person with ridicule and ambiguity.

IF this Rambler turned out to be an absolute zero in terms of direct connection to the whole thing, it's quite amazing that so MUCH material could still be spawned just from the research of its origins. Ya know? The places, people and connections that it took Richard are incredible in their relation to JFK and the coup. Very hard to imagine the car doesn't somehow relate directly. The association with the addresses and people in Miami is another interesting angle.

thanks, Dawn, hope you're well.

I did not mean to imply that Walt is not a reputable researcher, he is and has written several books on this case. He like J has a memory like no one I have ever known. Joan too, she can speak about CIA and related at length and not bore a soul. Her COPA talk on the 50th anniversary was masterful. I am just very disappointed on this latest work of hers. I was very involved with it for several months. I do not think she is libeling J and Nathan on purpose. I think she believes her sources, but they are simply wrong, and THEY are lying. Joan is merely repeating the lies. It's easy for people to make up stories when the actual people they are lying about are dead and gone. Sorry this is so cryptic, I am trying to avoid details on all of this til I see her actual material, not just a long speech she gave that left me beyond upset. I have been told that this book is now "dead" so time will tell.