The Education Forum

new info on Tippit

Jack White

In a recent email to me researcher Roy Schaeffer wrote in part...

"... In 1988 I was at the Tippit murder scene that summer. A woman and her son who lived across the street from where Tippit was shot struck up a conversation with me. I learned from her that she was the woman who put a blanket over Tippit. When talking to me she said she noticed a grey coupe blocked the driveway in front of where Tippit pulled up behind the car. She noticed a policeman get out and go toward the coupe. The next thing she noticed was hearing shots. She ran back in the house and got a blancket off the couch and placed it on Tippit."

New to me:

...car that Tippit may have pulled to the curb.

...woman covered his body with a blanket

Jack

I'm not sure I understand what he's saying. There was a coupe parked blocking the driveway, and Tippit pulled his car up behind the coupe, and a policeman (other than Tippit) got out of Tippit's car and walked toward the coupe?

Edited by Ron Ecker

I'm not sure I understand what he's saying. There was a coupe parked blocking the driveway, and Tippit pulled his car up behind the coupe, and a policeman (other than Tippit) got out of Tippit's car and walked toward the coupe?

No. Apparently Tippet had pulled a moving car over, as if for a traffic violation.

Jack

"... In 1988 I was at the Tippit murder scene that summer. A woman and her son who lived across the street from where Tippit was shot struck up a conversation with me. I learned from her that she was the woman who put a blanket over Tippit. When talking to me she said she noticed a grey coupe blocked the driveway in front of where Tippit pulled up behind the car. She noticed a policeman get out and go toward the coupe. The next thing she noticed was hearing shots. She ran back in the house and got a blancket off the couch and placed it on Tippit."

New to me:

Jack

Are you suggesting that this information is true?!? This putting a blanket over the body ranks right up - or down - there with "I saw Oswald on the elevator with a gun, he smiled at me" story, and has absolutely no probative value.

It amazes me the people who'll tell a story - like ol' Detective Bob with the hat down on DP ("I was undercover as a beatnik ... and was part of the officers arresting Oswald in the theater") - that sounds plausible enough, but relies entirely upon the audience's unfamiliarity with the facts.

Looks like everybody - Jack Tatum included - missed that there coupe. My guess is cuz it wernt there. Just like the disappearing blanket.

New to me:

Jack

Hi Mr. White:

Frank and Mary Wright were the residents at 501 Tenth St. in 1963. Neither were interviewed by the FBI nor asked to testify before the Warren Commission.

Mr Wright saw the last part of the scene that Acquila Clemons had described:

"Mr. Wright, who had been inside the house, came out in time to see Officer Tippit roll over on the ground, probably the last movement of his life. Wright observed another man looking down on the fallen officer. Then the man circled around the police car and got into an OLD GREY CAR on the other side of it. He drove off rapidly." ( Garrison, On the Trail of the Assassins, pg. 229)

One can view the video interview of Ms. Clemons by Mark Lane in 1966 here :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-OH06xqX2g

Hi Mr. White:

Frank and Mary Wright were the residents at 501 Tenth St. in 1963. Neither were interviewed by the FBI nor asked to testify before the Warren Commission.

Mr Wright saw the last part of the scene that Acquila Clemons had described:

"Mr. Wright, who had been inside the house, came out in time to see Officer Tippit roll over on the ground, probably the last movement of his life. Wright observed another man looking down on the fallen officer. Then the man circled around the police car and got into an OLD GREY CAR on the other side of it. He drove off rapidly." ( Garrison, On the Trail of the Assassins, pg. 229)

One can view the video interview of Ms. Clemons by Mark Lane in 1966 here :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-OH06xqX2g

Gil, it's great to read one of your posts again. The information you posted here in the past was always fascinating, even if it was something I had seen long ago and forgotten about. Very effective the way you did it. Take care.

• 3 months later...

Hi. I am vastly ignorant of the whole Tippet angle. I just read what was for me a convincing account of the Tippet killing in the outstanding book JFK and the Unspeakable.

My question is this: Given what we know of the timeline of "Oswald sightings" between "his" getting in the station wagon near the Book Depository and the arrest of Oswald at the Texas theatre and the additional sightings of the Oswald look alike being arrested in the Texas theatre after the arrest of Oswald... is there any way that all of this could have been accomplished without an Oswald double. In other words is there any doubt that an Oswald look alike was used between 12:30 and 2:45 pm?