The Education Forum

Early Castro Assination Plans

I have exchanged information and have answered questions to the best of my ability and now I would like some help on a matter.

I am not sure if the following has been declassified as yet.... and at this late date I don't really care. It has been so long ago I don't think it really matters anymore... and too, I am past my seven years on the QC-2 type clearance. However, the information I ask does concern, to some degree, the Dallas Cubans and Dallas operations of 63. Perhaps indirectly to the JFK assassination, so I remain on topic for this forum.

I would like if Forum members would exchange information with me if they have any information in reference to an investigation known as JMARC(-K, I think) It is not and operation but in reference to an investigation of July or August of 1960. It is the first reference (1960) to a CIA plan to assassination Fidel Castro. It was the first planning and meeting held in a Motel room in Miami (The Resort Hotel, 2nd floor; Rm 201 I think.., if I remember right. It was near the University of Miami)

This was a few years before John Roselli was recruited to help in that assassination plan to kill Castro (62-63) of which the Church Committee (74) held their investigations.

Those present at this early meetings, were (on the first meeting.., there were two meetings, possible three I think)

Lado Fernandez..., brother of Cecil who lived in Dallas on Travis St. aka "The Dallas Cuban"

Ravel Brown...., CIA case officer. Washington DC Caltex Oil and Gas Exploration, employee (CIA cover; Indo-China; field coordinator aviation section; my early case officer)

Wm B Kent...., CIA case officer Miami Station

Jerry Doller (the German) CIA case officer; also known as Tony Bender,aka Frank Bender, and Robert Klien.(bender also an early case officer of mine)

John Smith.... Johnny CIA case officer also known as Larry Allen, and PICO or Poco? (gun-running 1959 FBI 104)

Lionel or Lennie (code name) cut out Faucher, Jerry friend of John Farentello. (Later friend of John Roselli)

There were two pilots at those meetings:

Wm H Pearson (Buck) CIA Miami Station code name "Eagle"

Manuel Rojas a previous Regina Cuban Air Cargo pilot; Contract pilot for the CIA; code name "Raven".

Bender was very upset because some of the pilots (about 20 or 30) had not been accounted for and were not in place and the CIA had not cleared them to fly missions. Pete Ray, Crispin and Gonzalez.., first names I can not remember, were some of those pilots which were out of place. Two of these 20 pilots had rooms at the Mc Allister Hotel and The Green Mansions, near Miami Airport. These places were known as safe houses ( theses pilots were, "on the farm"=waiting for instructions and a mission) These men were not mentioned at the meeting, but Frank Bender was very upset and wanted to know why they were not in place. (note; Rip Robertson was a few months later in the stages of planning for the upcoming BoP, he was not at these meeting)

The meeting was not about these pilots but about the plan or how to launch a team into Cuban to kill Castro.

This meeting had been compromised because one of the personal told a Spanish woman at the motel bar that Castro would be, "done away with real soon".. This woman worked security for Fidel Castro, a spy. Soon after the FBI intercepted traffic which led to this woman and it brought the CIA into the mix and the plans were cut off at that point.

Jake Easterline and Howard Hunt made reports to that effect and those reports are still classified. Hunt and Easterline attended the second meeting at the Resort and the matter was shifted to Manuel Artime of one of the organizations who the CIA was friendly with.

This is rough recap background information from my memory. I was one of the pilots they were looking for and I did attend one of these early meetings.

Any information would be appreciated. This is for one of my Chapters in my book ‘Deep Cover Shallow Graves' Chapter title 'The Raven Flys", release date October 2008

Point being: There were early attempts planned by the CIA to be made on Castro even before JFK became President and continued until he became President. The talk about assassinating Castro was started and planned by the Cubans and the Mafia as early as March of 1960. There is a full CIA report which I think has or is about to be released on this. Any help on this JMARC investigation would be appreciated. Thanks.

P.S. I forgot one important point. Barnard Baker, (Bernnie, later Watergate connected) was also it these 1960 JMAC meetings at the hotel [/b] Struges, Frank, also of Watergate fame, would also become part of this mix, although at a later date.

Edited by William Plumlee

I have exchanged information and have answered questions to the best of my ability and now I would like some help on a matter.

I am not sure if the following has been declassified as yet.... and at this late date I don't really care. It has been so long ago I don't think it really matters anymore... and too, I am past my seven years on the QC-2 type clearance. However, the information I ask does concern, to some degree, the Dallas Cubans and Dallas operations of 63. Perhaps indirectly to the JFK assassination, so I remain on topic for this forum.

I would like if Forum members would exchange information with me if they have any information in reference to an investigation known as JMARC(-K, I think) It is not and operation but in reference to an investigation of July or August of 1960, concerning a security breach. That document is thethe first reference (1960) to a CIA plan to assassination Fidel Castro. It was the first planning and meeting held in a Motel room in Miami (The Resort Hotel, 2nd floor; Rm 201 I think.., if I remember right. It was near the University of Miami)

This was a few years before John Roselli was recruited to help in that assassination plan to kill Castro (62-63) of which the Church Committee (74) held their investigations.

Those present at this early meetings, were (on the first meeting.., there were two meetings, possible three I think)

Lado Fernandez..., brother of Cecil who lived in Dallas on Travis St. aka "The Dallas Cuban"

Ravel Brown...., CIA case officer. Washington DC Caltex Oil and Gas Exploration, employee (CIA cover; Indo-China; field coordinator aviation section; my early case officer)

Jerry Doller (the German) CIA case officer; also known as Tony Bender,aka Frank Bender, and Robert Klien.(bender also an early case officer of mine)

John Smith.... Johnny CIA case officer also known as Larry Allen, and PICO or Poco? (gun-running 1959 FBI 104)

Lionel or Lennie (code name) cut out Faucher, Jerry friend of John Farentello. (Later friend of John Roselli)

Manuel Rojas a previous Regina Cuban Air Cargo pilot; Contract pilot for the CIA; code name "Raven".

Bender was very upset because some of the pilots (about 20 or 30) had not been accounted for and were not in place and the CIA had not cleared them to fly missions. Pete Ray, Crispin and Gonzalez.., first names I can not remember, were some of those pilots which were out of place. Two of these 20 pilots had rooms at the Mc Allister Hotel and The Green Mansions, near Miami Airport. These places were known as safe houses ( theses pilots were, "on the farm"=waiting for instructions and a mission) These men were not mentioned at the meeting, but Frank Bender was very upset and wanted to know why they were not in place. (note; Rip Robertson was a few months later in the stages of planning for the upcoming BoP, he was not at these meeting)

The meeting was not about these pilots but about the plan or how to launch a team into Cuban to kill Castro.

This meeting had been compromised because one of the personal told a Spanish woman at the motel bar that Castro would be, "done away with real soon".. This woman worked security for Fidel Castro, a spy. Soon after the FBI intercepted traffic which led to this woman and it brought the CIA into the mix and the plans were cut off at that point.

Jake Easterline and Howard Hunt made reports to that effect and those reports are still classified. Hunt and Easterline attended the second meeting at the Resort and the matter was shifted to Manuel Artime of one of the organizations who the CIA was friendly with.

This is rough recap background information from my memory. I was one of the pilots they were looking for and I did attend one of these early meetings.

Any information would be appreciated. This is for one of my Chapters in my book ‘Deep Cover Shallow Graves' Chapter title 'The Raven Flys", release date October 2008

Point being: There were early attempts planned by the CIA to be made on Castro even before JFK became President and continued until he became President. The talk about assassinating Castro was started and planned by the Cubans and the Mafia as early as March of 1960. There is a full CIA report which I think has or is about to be released on this. Any help on this JMARC investigation would be appreciated. Thanks.

The first attempts on assassination of Castro were planed by the CIA in July of 1960. There was a security breach on this planning operation and the details of this meeting has remained classified for a number of years.

Has anyone out there heard or read anything about these early plans to assassination Castro?

Frank Bender (also knows as Gerry Doller, and Fravel Brown were two CIA case officer who attended this early secret meetings with Manuel Artime.

Does anyone know anything about this? Any help would be appreciated. I think this is an important link which could lead into new information concerning the assassination of Kennedy. Thanks

P.S... I just found something on JMARC. I think this should be of interest to anyone really interested concerning the Kenedy assassination: This has been missed for a number of years (or should I say hidden in the black hole of government documents. I share this with the forum FWIW.

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/...amp;relPageId=4

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/...amp;relPageId=5

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/...amp;relPageId=2

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/...amp;relPageId=1

I would like if Forum members would exchange information with me if they have any information in reference to an investigation known as JMARC(-K, I think) It is not and operation but in reference to an investigation of July or August of 1960, concerning a security breach. That document is thethe first reference (1960) to a CIA plan to assassination Fidel Castro. It was the first planning and meeting held in a Motel room in Miami (The Resort Hotel, 2nd floor; Rm 201 I think.., if I remember right. It was near the University of Miami)

The first attempts on assassination of Castro were planed by the CIA in July of 1960. There was a security breach on this planning operation and the details of this meeting has remained classified for a number of years.

Has anyone out there heard or read anything about these early plans to assassination Castro?

Frank Bender (also knows as Gerry Doller, and Fravel Brown were two CIA case officer who attended this early secret meetings with Manuel Artime.

Does anyone know anything about this? Any help would be appreciated. I think this is an important link which could lead into new information concerning the assassination of Kennedy. Thanks

P.S... I just found something on JMARC. I think this should be of interest to anyone really interested concerning the Kenedy assassination: This has been missed for a number of years (or should I say hidden in the black hole of government documents. I share this with the forum FWIW.

I would like to thank members of the Pentagon and its staff at JCS for their help in pointing me to the file number of which I was looking for in my research. This is the meeting concerning the early Castro assassination plots to kill Castro:

I logged in "JAMAC; Security Breach" in varios search engines and the following links came up on the MF site. Seems the reference documents I have been looking for and ASKING FOR HELP from forum members have been declassified recently.

References to JMAC and Fravel Brown: and (Johnney Smith, also ref; with Lary Allen found in the Plumlee; FBI- 105 file of 1959, before the security breach meeting of 1960..., declassified 1981) THE BENDER GROUP

Any information would be appreciated. This is for one of my Chapters in my book 'Deep Cover Shallow Graves' Chapter title 'The Raven Flys", release date October 2008

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/...amp;relPageId=6

://http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/a...p;relPageId=2

"To be destroyed upon completion of Project" - yet never destroyed...heavy!

Peter. You, Jim, and I, talked about this many years ago. I said there was paper on that operational plan, but nobody believed me, because it could not be documented..., well here we are over seventeen years later and it pops up. It was supose to be filed in the old file 13... it was to sensitive for even the FBI to know about, and you and Jim also.

I see it as a lead into the JFK mess because some of the names cross check with Dallas. (not as assins, but as Abort Team members)

Any information would be appreciated. This is for one of my Chapters in my book 'Deep Cover Shallow Graves' Chapter title 'The Raven Flys", release date October 2008

Peter. You, Jim, and I, talked about this many years ago. I said there was paper on that operational plan, but nobody believed me, because it could not be documented..., well here we are over seventeen years later and it pops up. It was supose to be filed in the old file 13... it was to sensitive for even the FBI to know about, and you and Jim also.

I see it as a lead into the JFK mess because some of the names cross check with Dallas. (not as assins, but as Abort Team members)

I think some of the "ExPerts" are going to have to go back and redo some of their books... something they will never do... their the EXPERTS... right? If its not in print or found in a book..., then it never happened type mentality. Its no wonder the JFK matter is so messed up and confusing.

JMARC was the crypt for the Cuba Project which eventually generated the Bay of Pigs. JMATE was the

crypt for the intelligence/counter intelligence portion of the project, largely headed by David Morales -

JMATE produced the AMOT's and other select exile groups prepared by Morales.

I could be wrong, but I think the particular security violation involved in the memo is the classic one

where Droller and Hunt were hosting some exiles in a motel room and got well enough lubricated

and noisy enough so that a lady staying next door heard them talking about secret projects and reported

it to the FBI.....which of course eventually got back to CIA and didn't much help Hunt's reputation

for tradecraft, it not being the only such incident in his contacts with the exiles.

-- Larry

I think some of the "ExPerts" are going to have to go back and redo some of their books... something they will never do... their the EXPERTS... right? If its not in print or found in a book..., then it never happened type mentality. Its no wonder the JFK matter is so messed up and confusing.

JMARC was the crypt for the Cuba Project which eventually generated the Bay of Pigs. JMATE was the

crypt for the intelligence/counter intelligence portion of the project, largely headed by David Morales -

I could be wrong, but I think the particular security violation involved in the memo is the classic one

where Droller and Hunt were hosting some exiles in a motel room and got well enough lubricated

and noisy enough so that a lady staying next door heard them talking about secret projects and reported

it to the FBI.....which of course eventually got back to CIA and didn't much help Hunt's reputation

for tradecraft, it not being the only such incident in his contacts with the exiles.

-- Larry

Thanks Larry I appreciate the infomation. I had most of this but had to asked a source for the file numbers. However, my take is a little more broader:

".... I could be wrong, but I think the particular security violation involved in the memo is the classic one

for tradecraft, it not being the only such incident in his contacts with the exiles. ...".

Note: The meeting had been planned for days but the location had been kept secret until some (CIA) from Washington had came down to Miami. I can't remember just who the two were who came to the meeting, but they were taken to the Motel where others were already there. There was no drinking at this meeting in the room. It was very secure. The drinking came later at the bar.., where I was told, Hunt struck up a conversation with a Spanish woman who was there. I am not sure if Hunt or Bender ? made the statement to the lady about Castro going to be assassinated.., they were both getting out of hand and were warned by others to hold the talk down... but it was not at the motel room. The lady at the bar was a plant and a Castro spy. The FBI covered this at the request of the CIA.

After they had came back from the bar is where the people in the next room overheard some of the conversation. At that time the "meeting, meeting" was over and Hunt was pissed off and so was Bender because they had been chastise for their failure to keep the pilot in place, as to what was going on and when. (Droller) and they got into a fight (verbal) over the pilots not being in place. Brown warned them to "hold it down".., they asked me to leave the room of which I did and I went back to the Green Mansion with Johnny Smith. ( the same Johnny Smith found in my 1959 FBI 104 file along with Larry Allen. dated March of 1959)

In 1976 just before Roselli was reported missing. this came up in a meeting with Goldwarter's advisor Lombardo, because Congressman Tom Downing had ask about when the first time the assassination of Castro was presented. He was told, July of 1960 and not the 1963 as Goldwarter had believed and was told by the CIA, as well as Congressman Tom Downing. This was before the HSCA was formed and before any information about JMARC or the secret Motel meeting was released. The FBI put their spin on this and hear we are???? A few days later Roselli was reported missing and Goldwaters security told me to contact the FBI of which I did.. three days before Roselli was reported missing.

I've been told for years that 'Johnny Smith" and "Larry Allen" were people I made up for the FBI when I was arrested in Ohio with a plane load of arms bound for Cuba. I guess you could say, 'I did a number on myself. And the FBI helped by saying I had tried to pass a forged check at "Morehouse Fashions", when in fact I was arrested by Customs and turned over to local law enforcement.., because it would be impossible to prove a case. (reference FBI/Customs document. (Declassified 1981)

Anyway, that's not the issue. The first planning for a hit on Castro was in 1960 and not 1963 and it was a planning meeting with CIA officials from Washington DC at the motel. There were three of these meetings. It was the last meeting where the bar talk came into play. Brown, Hunt, and Bender all got in trouble after the FBI was tipped off for drinking at a bar in Miami, together. It was said they "Compromised the mission" and the plan was called off because Castro already knew about it. I will review the documents and see how close my memory is on this and get back to you.

As you know I do not read material or books on this subject, because like Jay Harrison, I do not want to me influenced by others as to my memory of things. In spite of what some may think, I was there. I had talked about this to investigators before in 1976, but they said there were no documents or information to prove what I told them about this pre 1960 attempts to be made on assassination of Castro. That is why I was asking Forum members for any information they might have on these early attempts.

Thanks for the input. I do appreciate it. I'm writing my own book on some of this. However, it is not all about the assassination of Kennedy, or that day..., just a very small part. Its much broader.

-- Larry

Thanks Larry I appreciate the infomation. I had most of this but had to asked a source for the file numbers. However, my take is a little more broader:

".... I could be wrong, but I think the particular security violation involved in the memo is the classic one

for tradecraft, it not being the only such incident in his contacts with the exiles. ...".

Note: The meeting had been planned for days but the location had been kept secret until some (CIA) from Washington had came down to Miami. I can't remember just who the two were who came to the meeting, but they were taken to the Motel where others were already there. There was no drinking at this meeting in the room. It was very secure. The drinking came later at the bar.., where I was told, Hunt struck up a conversation with a Spanish woman who was there. I am not sure if Hunt or Bender ? made the statement to the lady about Castro going to be assassinated.., they were both getting out of hand and were warned by others to hold the talk down... but it was not at the motel room. The lady at the bar was a plant and a Castro spy. The FBI covered this at the request of the CIA.

After they had came back from the bar is where the people in the next room overheard some of the conversation. At that time the "meeting, meeting" was over and Hunt was pissed off and so was Bender because they had been chastise for their failure to keep the pilot in place, as to what was going on and when. (Droller) and they got into a fight (verbal) over the pilots not being in place. Brown warned them to "hold it down".., they asked me to leave the room of which I did and I went back to the Green Mansion with Johnny Smith. ( the same Johnny Smith found in my 1959 FBI 104 file along with Larry Allen. dated March of 1959)

In 1976 just before Roselli was reported missing. this came up in a meeting with Goldwarter's advisor Lombardo, because Congressman Tom Downing had ask about when the first time the assassination of Castro was presented. He was told, July of 1960 and not the 1963 as Goldwarter had believed and was told by the CIA, as well as Congressman Tom Downing. This was before the HSCA was formed and before any information about JMARC or the secret Motel meeting was released. The FBI put their spin on this and hear we are???? A few days later Roselli was reported missing and Goldwaters security told me to contact the FBI of which I did.. three days before Roselli was reported missing.

I've been told for years that 'Johnny Smith" and "Larry Allen" were people I made up for the FBI when I was arrested in Ohio with a plane load of arms bound for Cuba. I guess you could say, 'I did a number on myself. And the FBI helped by saying I had tried to pass a forged check at "Morehouse Fashions", when in fact I was arrested by Customs and turned over to local law enforcement.., because it would be impossible to prove a case. (reference FBI/Customs document. (Declassified 1981)

Anyway, that's not the issue. The first planning for a hit on Castro was in 1960 and not 1963 and it was a planning meeting with CIA officials from Washington DC at the motel. There were three of these meetings. It was the last meeting where the bar talk came into play. Brown, Hunt, and Bender all got in trouble after the FBI was tipped off for drinking at a bar in Miami, together. It was said they "Compromised the mission" and the plan was called off because Castro already knew about it. I will review the documents and see how close my memory is on this and get back to you.

As you know I do not read material or books on this subject, because like Jay Harrison, I do not want to me influenced by others as to my memory of things. In spite of what some may think, I was there. I had talked about this to investigators before in 1976, but they said there were no documents or information to prove what I told them about this pre 1960 attempts to be made on assassination of Castro. That is why I was asking Forum members for any information they might have on these early attempts.

Thanks for the input. I do appreciate it. I'm writing my own book on some of this. However, it is not all about the assassination of Kennedy, or that day..., just a very small part. Its much broader.

Larry:

Have you ran across the name "Thomas Mossness", in your research? His step-daughter (Jill) has contacted me asking about him. I think she said he died in 2005. She wanted to know how he got associated with the JFK matter? I do not think he was associated or involved in it. He was involved in early pro-Castro events and was reported by some to have came into Havana when Castro took power.

Perhaps James, might have something on this. I did post about him a few years ago but that was about the hostages being held at Raul and Velma Espin's (war name Debora) hideaway in northen Cuba.

Any info, would be apreciated. Thanks